PDA

View Full Version : Umbreon's Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Review Thread

Umbreon
06-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Why yes this is my 3rd review topic and will be my last.

And now i'm stealing ideas from Stein. I love yugioh. The Meta is bad right now (Fak U Dragon Rulers and Spellbooks) but i want to review some cards. So....

I am going to review not only cards but full archetypes and do tutorials as well.

THINGS REVIEWED:
The Wicked Gods
The Current Meta: An Analysis
Xyz: A Tutorial
The Egyptian Gods Pt 1 (The God Cards)
Egyptian Gods Pt.2 (The Creator God of Light)
The Virus Cards
Toons Pt.0 (Overview)
Toons Pt.1 (Monsters)
Toons Pt.2 (Spells and Traps)
A Message to all Burn/stall/Exodia Players
Kuriboh & Friends Pt.1 (Kuriboh, Multiply, and Detonate)

TO REVIEW:
Kuriboh & Friends Pt.2 (Kuribon, and Kuriphoton)
Kuriboh & Friends Pt.3 (Flute of Summoning Kuriboh & Beserker Crush)
Kuriboh & Friends Pt.4 (Winged Kuriboh, Winged Kuriboh LV9, and Winged Kuriboh LV10)
The Elemental Heroes Pt.1
The Elemental heroes Pt.2
The neo-Spacians Pt.3

Let's start with the wicked cards:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120622095642/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d9/TheWickedDreadroot-CT07-EN-SR-LE.png/300px-TheWickedDreadroot-CT07-EN-SR-LE.png

The Wicked Dreadroot
DARK
Fiend / Effect
Level 10
ATK: 4000
DEF: 4000

Cannot Be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. Halve the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field, except this card.

This is probably the worst of the Wicked cards. The halving stats is nice but your monster's ATK and DEF are halved too. Also, tributing 3 monsters is a pretty big cost. Because it cannot be Special Summoned this card is pretty slow. His ATK and DEF are pretty big but...it just isn't worth it.

5/10

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111002193556/yugioh/images/thumb/2/2b/TheWickedEraser-CT07-EN-SR-LE.jpg/300px-TheWickedEraser-CT07-EN-SR-LE.jpg

The Wicked Eraser
DARK
Fiend / Effect
Level 10
ATK: ?
DEF: ?

Cannot Be Special Summoned.This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. The ATK and DEF of this card are each equal to the number of cards your opponent controls 1000. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, destroy all cards on the field. During your Main Phase, you can destroy this card.

Better than Deadroot but still a bad card. Again, It is slow and takes a decently big cost to summon. Also, because it only gains ATK from your opponent's cards it relies on your opponent too much. All they have to do is summon a monster with over 1000 ATK with no other field and they can beat it. The destruction effect is nice but Absolute Zero does it better.

6/10

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120622095642/yugioh/images/thumb/a/a5/TheWickedAvatar-CT07-EN-SR-LE.png/300px-TheWickedAvatar-CT07-EN-SR-LE.png

The Wicked Avatar
Level 10
DARK
Fiend / Effect
ATK: ?
DEF: ?

Cannot Be Special Summoned. This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set except by Tributing 3 monsters. Your opponent cannot activate Spell or Trap Cards until the end of their 2nd turn after this card is Normal Summoned. The ATK and DEF of this card are each 100 points higher than the highest face-up monster's ATK on the field (except "The Wicked Avatar").

The best of the 3. it actually has combos to work with. It still is a bit slow but the cost is actually worth it. The stopping Spell and Trap effect is nice, the ATK gain is nice, it's all around a good card with some combos to work with.

7/10

Dr. Stein
06-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Good job. Can you review Deck Destruction Virus and Eradicator Epidemic Virus?

gosick
06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
i think it might be better if you went in to a bit more detail like stein did, also, could you go over the current meta or something, i've not played ygo in ages so i have no idea abou any new metagame decks/cards past the tin i got at christmas (freakin brilliant pulls btw)

Umbreon
06-26-2013, 07:36 PM
i think it might be better if you went in to a bit more detail like stein did, also, could you go over the current meta or something, i've not played ygo in ages so i have no idea abou any new metagame decks/cards past the tin i got at christmas (freakin brilliant pulls btw)

I'll do a meta game retrospective if you want.

gosick
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
on a side note my current deck is a wicked avatar/dark creator deck, around 75% win rate with it. ^.^

Dr. Stein
06-26-2013, 07:38 PM
All I have to say is that I hate Xyz monsters with a burning passion and they confuse the sheit outta me.

gosick
06-26-2013, 07:39 PM
I'll do a meta game retrospective if you want.

that would be awesome. :3

Umbreon
06-26-2013, 07:53 PM
All I have to say is that I hate Xyz monsters with a burning passion and they confuse the sheit outta me.

Want me to explain them?

Dr. Stein
06-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Yes please.

Umbreon
06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
A Meta Game Analasys

Most people who play yugioh think the same thing: The Meta Game SUCKS. The Meta Game right now is basically: If you don't play Dragon Ruelrs, Spellbooks, or Evilswarms you are going to lose. So if you go to a tournament what you are basically going to see is those 3 decks and not much else. Back in the day, there were a lot of good archetypes you coudl play: E-Heroes, Synchro Plants, Six Sams, Assault Modes, ect. The game is broken because they keep giving us broken cards that people HAVE to run or else they lose. Also, the game seems too fast in its current Meta. E-Drags can get 3 2800 monsters on the field in their first turn. back in the day, it was hard to get event decently strong monsters out that fast. The Meta game isn't ALL bad though. it is improving more and more with more and more variety in archetypes and decks. Vampires, Harpies, Ect. What i have to say is this: Use Variety. Use obscure archetypes. This way, there is some variety. Please don't play E-Drags or Spellbooks or Mermails or Evilswarms. Be different. Play E-Heroes or Cloudians or Harpies or ANYTHING that isn't meta. If you're at a tournament, fine but if you are on DN, or YGOPro, or DevPro try not to use them.

Explaining Xyz:

Xyz are a type of monsters that go in the extra deck. They were intoroduced in ZeXal. Xyz are summoned by taking 2 or more monsters with the same level and overlay them.

Example: Let's say you summon this:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121110161047/yugioh/images/thumb/6/61/TourGuideFromtheUnderworld-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png/300px-TourGuideFromtheUnderworld-CT09-EN-SR-LE.png

You special summon another Tour Guide. Since they are both level 3 you can summon a rank 3 monster like this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130510090217/yugioh/images/thumb/b/bb/Number17LeviathanDragon-SP13-EN-C-1E.png/300px-Number17LeviathanDragon-SP13-EN-C-1E.png

Since it takes 2 Level 3 monsters you can summon it using 2 tour guides. You summon this from your extra deck and attach the Tour Guides to it. The attached Tour Guides are called Xyz materials. They can be detached to activate the monster's effect. These are no longer treated as monsters. So when they are sent to the graveyard their effects dont activate. So if...

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121005003643/yugioh/images/thumb/f/fb/Sangan-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg/300px-Sangan-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

is an Xyz material and you detach it, it wont get its effect because it didn't coutn as a monster when it was sent.

Xyz monsters have no level. They have ranks.
They are treated as level 0 So Xyz are immune to stuff like

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121018060346/yugioh/images/thumb/0/07/GravityBind-SDRE-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-GravityBind-SDRE-EN-C-1E.jpg

You can special summon Xyz from the graveyard unless they say you can't do it. When you do, it comes back with no Xyz materials.

Dr. Stein
06-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Nice review! I still don't really like xyz thought. Oh, and P.S.

Can you review Deck Destruction Virus and Eradicator Epidemic Virus?

Umbreon
06-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Nice review! I still don't really like xyz thought. Oh, and P.S.

Oh..didn't see that lol i'll get right on it after the Egyptian Gods.

Dr. Stein
06-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Oh..didn't see that lol i'll get right on it after the Egyptian Gods.

Umbreon
07-04-2013, 09:43 PM
The Winged Dragon of Ra
Level 10
Divine
Divine-Beast
0/0

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/thumb/8/82/TheWingedDragonofRa-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png/300px-TheWingedDragonofRa-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, other cards and effects cannot be activated. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can pay Life Points so that you only have 100 left; this card gains ATK and DEF equal to the amount of Life Points paid. You can pay 1000 Life Points, then target 1 monster on the field; destroy that target.

This is a horrible version of the original effect. To be fair, the original effect had so many parts to it they couldn't emulate its effect perfectly and still make it playable. However, when you ask someone what Ra does they will tell you "It gains the ATK of the monsters used to summon it". THIS version only keeps one of it's effects and they kept the worst one. It has too high of a cost and too little of a reward. It can't be Special Summoned so it is too slow to use. It leaves you too vulnerable. Unless you kill your opponent the turn you use this effect, you basiclly lose the game. ANY other one of Ra's effects would have been better than this. At least the other gods kept the best of the original monster's effects. Also, having to pay 1000 life points to destroy 1 monster when you have to pay all of your life points but 100 to have it gain Attack = Fail design. This just sucks.

3/10

Obelisk The Tormentor
Level 10
Divine
Divine-Beast
4000/4000

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130702163452/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d4/ObelisktheTormentor-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png/300px-ObelisktheTormentor-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. Cannot be targeted by Spells, Traps, or card effects. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. You can Tribute 2 monsters; destroy all monsters your opponent controls. This card cannot declare an attack the turn this effect is activated.

Obelisk basically had no real effect that could be emulated into a real card. It's Anime effect is if you tribute 2 monsters Obelisk's attack becomes infinity until the End Phase. They couldn't make that a real effect so....we get 2 effects that have nothing to do with Obelisk and...it is a great one. Immunity to everything makes it great. No Bottomless Trap Holes, no Mirror Force, No D-Prison, no nothing. It's other effect is if you tribute 2 monsters, all your opponent's monsters are destroyed. It has a solid 4000 ATK that can get over a lot of monsters. It's overall a nice card. It can be Special Summoned so it's faster than the Wicked Gods so thats a plus.

7/10

Slifer The Sky Dragon
Level 10
Divine
Divine-Beast
?/?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/thumb/8/8b/SlifertheSkyDragon-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png/300px-SlifertheSkyDragon-BP02-EN-MSR-1E.png

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. During the End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Send it to the Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your hand. When a monster(s) is Normal or Special Summoned to your opponent's side of the field in face-up Attack Position: That monster(s) loses 2000 ATK, then if its ATK has been reduced to 0 as a result, destroy it.

This is an improvement over Ra. It actually kept all of Slifer's effects and that is a good thing. It's Attack and Defense boosts dont have a huge cost so it's actually good. The destruction effect is nice since it lowers Attack and destroys it if it's ATK lower than 2000. So basically, if you have 4 cards in your hand your opponent has to summon a monster with 6100 or more attack to defeat your monster. Unlike, Ra it can be Special Summoned so...Thats nice. It's a pretty nice card. Also...DAT ART.

6/10

This is where i'd end things but.....there's more to these 3 i haven't discussed yet so....we ain't done here

Dr. Stein
07-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Epiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic.

Slenderman.
07-05-2013, 09:38 AM
You live for now. :P Also I'd like a full assessment of Toon World and said cards.

Umbreon
07-07-2013, 09:05 PM
Time for the second half the god's thing:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120421150134/yugioh/images/thumb/6/6a/TheCreatorGodofLightHorakhty-YGOPR-JP-UR.jpg/300px-TheCreatorGodofLightHorakhty-YGOPR-JP-UR.jpg

DIVINE
Creator-God
Level 12
?/?

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 monsters whose original names are "Obelisk the Tormentor", "The Winged Dragon of Ra", and "Slifer the Sky Dragon", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. The Special Summon of this card cannot be negated. The player that Special Summons this card wins the Duel.

This card is...interesting. (it sucks but it's still interesting). It only came out in japan, is the only monster with ?/? that doesn't gain stats from its effect, it is the only monster with it's type, It's one of very few level 12 monsters, and it's an insta win card. It's also the only insta win monster that isn't Dark. However, it is the worst Insta Win card (probably). You will NEVER have all 3 egyptian gods out at once. NEVER. It just isn't worth it.There isn't much i can say about this card. it's an interesting enough concept but it's too situational to use.

3/10

Slenderman.
07-07-2013, 09:36 PM
The Kuribohs and there uses together.

Umbreon
07-07-2013, 10:05 PM
The Kuribohs and there uses together.

Mother of god...that's gonna take forever...CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

aDONIS
07-07-2013, 10:35 PM
With Ra you dont have to Pay all but 100 Life points, thats just the max that way No ones giving Ra 7999 Atk. You can give Ra any Atk From 1 to 7900

Slenderman.
07-07-2013, 11:34 PM

███████████████
██████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████ █
████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████
Yay Kuribohs!

Uprising
07-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Well damn.

Dr. Stein
07-08-2013, 12:46 AM
You know wat, just do all the Virus cards.

Umbreon
07-10-2013, 11:16 PM
The Virus Cards

Crush Card Virus
Deck Devistation Virus

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111020044149/yugioh/images/thumb/c/cc/DeckDevastationVirusSDGU-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-DeckDevastationVirusSDGU-EN-C-1E.jpg

Deck Devistation Virus
Normal
Trap

Tribute 1 DARK monster with 2000 or more ATK; check your opponent's hand, all monsters they control, and all cards they draw until the end of their 3rd turn after this card's activation, and destroy all those monsters with 1500 or less ATK.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100622213141/yugioh/images/thumb/8/81/CrushCardVirus-DPKB-EN-UtR-1E.jpg/300px-CrushCardVirus-DPKB-EN-UtR-1E.jpg

Crush Card Virus
Normal
Trap

Tribute 1 DARK monster with 1000 or less ATK. Check all monsters your opponent controls, your opponent's hand, and all cards they draw (until the end of your opponent's 3rd turn after this card's activation), and destroy all monsters with 1500 or more ATK.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111020044149/yugioh/images/thumb/2/28/EradicatorEpidemicVirusSDGU-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-EradicatorEpidemicVirusSDGU-EN-C-1E.jpg

Tribute 1 DARK monster with 2500 or more ATK, and choose Spell Cards or Trap Cards; check your opponent's hand, all Spell/Trap Cards they control, and all cards they draw until the end of their 3rd turn after this card's activation, and destroy all cards of the chosen type.

There isn't much to say about the virus cards so...this will be unbelievably short. Crush card virus was the first of the 3 released and it was banned really fast. It is pretty damn broken seeing as the cost is so low and the effect is too good. Most monsters in the game have over 1500 ATK and having all of them gone is a little too broken. It makes OTK's easier to pull off and that is never a good thing. So they made 2 other versions that are less broken. However, they made the other 2 pretty bad. Deck Devistation Virus is not worth the cost. 1500 or less isnt a lot of monsters in decks. Most decks dont run 1500 or less monsters nowadays so...not worth it. Eradicator Epidemic Virus is pretty good. The only deck that runs it is Dark Worlds and in that it's pretty good for Grapha. Getting rid of all spells or all traps is a good effect so....it's a balanced card. Not broken, not horrible.

Crush Card - 10/10
Deck Devistation Virus - 4/10
Eradicator Epidemic Virus - 6/10

Umbreon
07-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Before i go over the toon cards i'd like to do a quick overview on the toons as a whole then go into more detail later:

the basic strategy of a Toon Deck is direct attacks on your opponent. However, all the cards within this classification require you to be in control of "Toon World" on the field. "Toon Table of Contents" can aid you in adding this card to your hand. Since most Level 5 and above Toon Monsters cannot be Special Summoned unless "Toon World" is present on the field, you can Summon more than one Toon in a turn. Although Toon Monsters Level 5 and above require Tributes for their Level, they are still treated as Special Summon monsters, so you can Tribute tokens generated from cards like "Scapegoat" or "Fires of Doomsday".Swarming for fast Tuning, since a lot of the Toon Monsters can be Special Summoned when "Toon World" is on the field you can create a big swarm of monsters and Summon a Tuner monster for a fast Synchro Summon

SO they do have their strengths but they have a lot of weaknesses. The fact that they rely on ONE card is their main weakness. If somebody Prohibtions your toon World you are entirely screwed unless you draw MST. Also, except for "Toon Dark Magician Girl", no Toon Monster can attack when it is Summoned in the same turn. It is not easy to keep the Toons long enough on the for their Direct attack effect to take effect.

Now, there are 3 different kinds of toon monsters:

Type A
- Requires "Toon World" to be on the field to be Special Summoned. (But they require the appropriate number of Tributes).

- Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

- If "Toon World" is destroyed, it is also destroyed.

- Cannot attack on the turn it is Summoned.

- Requires 500 Life Points to attack.

- If your opponent controls no Toon Monster, it can Attack Directly.

- If your opponent does control a Toon Monster, it must select the "Toon Monster" as the Attack Target when attacking.

Type A Toons: "Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon", "Toon Summoned Skull", "Manga Ryu-Ran", "Toon Mermaid"

These are the worst kinds of toons. paying 500 per attack is bad, the cant attack the turn it was summoned is bad, and they are just bad cards.

Type B:

- Requires "Toon World" to be on the field to be Special Summoned.(But they require the appropriate number of Tributes).

- Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.

- CAN attack on the turn it is Summoned unlike Class A and C Toons.

- If your opponent controls no Toon Monster, it can attack directly.

- If your opponent does control a Toon Monster, it must select the Toon Monster as the Attack Target when attacking.

Type B Toons: "Toon Dark Magician Girl"

A decent kind of toon that only applies to one card so i'll go over it when we get to her.

Type C:

- They can be Normal Summoned/Set.

- They aren't Special Summoned from the hand unlike Class A and B Toons.

- CAN be Summoned/Set when there's no "Toon World" on the field unlike Class A and B Toons.

- Cannot attack on the turn it is Summoned.

- If "Toon World" is on your side of the field and your opponent controls no "Toon Monsters", it can Attack Directly.

Type C Toons: "Toon Cannon Soldier", "Toon Gemini Elf", "Toon Goblin Attack Force", "Toon Masked Sorcerer".

The best kind of toon. It doesn't rely ENTIRELY on toon world so it's a great kind of toon. Not amazing but not horrible.

Mygod this took a while

Umbreon
07-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Because of the whole 3 pic per post thing (FAK U VBULLETIN) I can only cover 3 of the toon monsters so...Toon Dark magician Girl, Toon Cannon Soldier, and Toon masked Sorceror it is

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011221923/yugioh/images/thumb/5/59/ToonMaskedSorcerer-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-ToonMaskedSorcerer-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg
Toon Masked Sorceror
DARK
Spellcaster
Level 4
ATK 900
DEF: 1400

This card cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. If "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, destroy this card. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: Draw 1 card.

Ignoring the toon effects cuz i went over it last time, the effect looks amazing. It can attack directly? It gets you an auto +1? It's Dark so chaos works with it? Amazing! How much attack does it have? 900? Yeah...it sucks. If it had 1500 or so Attack ti would be decent but...with only 900 it sucks. Like i said, it is Dark so chaos can get help from it so i guess that's one good thing. It's a spellcaster so spellbooks can help but...that isnt enough.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121006012048/yugioh/images/thumb/2/25/ToonCannonSoldier-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png/300px-ToonCannonSoldier-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png

Toon Cannon Soldier
DARK
Level 4
Machine
1400/1300

This card cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. If "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, destroy this card. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon Monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. You can Tribute 1 monster; inflict 500 damage to your opponent.

Again, ignoring the toon shit, it's basically Cannon soldier who cna attack directly. It helps out the Quillbolt Hedgehog OTK so...it has that. It can inflict damage and then attack directly so thats a decent thing but...500 Isn't much at all so a tribute wont be worth it. It's Dark so..again, Chaos stuff. It's decent but 500 isn't enough to make it good.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011221922/yugioh/images/thumb/c/c4/ToonDarkMagicianGirl-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-ToonDarkMagicianGirl-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg
Toon Dark Magician Girl
DARK
Level 6
Spellcaster
2000/1700

Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Cannot be Special Summoned unless you control a face-up "Toon World". Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing the same number of monsters required for a Tribute Summon (normally 1). If "Toon World" on the field is destroyed, destroy this card. This card can attack your opponent directly, unless they control a Toon Monster. If they do control one, this card must target a Toon Monster for its attacks. This card gains 300 ATK for every "Dark Magician" or "Magician of Black Chaos" in either player's Graveyard.

You took one of the hottest duel monsters ever and turned it into a 6 year old girl...you evil bastard! (extra points if you get the reference). anyways...for once not ignoring the toon shit. Yay for the longest (and almost worst) toon effect! It relies too much on one card to be good, it's oither effect relies on one card to be good, and it is probably the worst toon. Not much i can say about it really it just sucks

Umbreon
07-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Now for the grand finale! Toons originally had no support but they got some in GX so...might as well look over it.

I'm not covering Toon World because it has no effect sooooooooooo...skipping it. With that said let's begin:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011221923/yugioh/images/thumb/1/14/ToonDefense-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-ToonDefense-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg

Why? Why? Why? This is...horrible. you can make the argument that it protects your monster for a turn but...why not use Mirror force? or Negate Attack? or Waboku? It sucks! oh...also:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121206022723/yugioh/images/thumb/3/35/AstralBarrier-AP01-EN-C-UE.png/300px-AstralBarrier-AP01-EN-C-UE.png

Who not use this instead? ugh....

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120929192413/yugioh/images/thumb/a/a0/ToonTableofContents-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png/300px-ToonTableofContents-LCYW-EN-R-1E.png

This card actually isn't only used in Toons. It's also used in exodia but....i wont get into exodia now. As a toon card it's good. It gets a free monster, it thins out the deck, It works all right. A pretty nice card in toons.

Slenderman.
07-16-2013, 11:54 PM
Awesome :3 Elemental Hero's after kuribohs please :D

Umbreon
07-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Been dueling alot lately and have them recorded as replays. If anyone wants to see them i could try to upload them to YT but no commentary so...meh. Anyways...Kuribohs review will be up later today most likely

Umbreon
08-09-2013, 04:48 PM
The Kuriboh thing is coming still dont worry but...There is something i want to discuss. Something that EVERYONE hates. Something that is so annoying and hated that there are petitions to ban it. That thing....is Condition Decks. What's a condition deck? A deck that uses a win condition that is not Decking Out or Life points. These CAN be done well. There are balanced win condition cards. Destiny Board, Venemoniga, Destiny Leo, and Crator God of Light are balanced. yes they are win conditions but they are hard to pull off so they take skill to use. Stuff like Exodia, Final Turn, and FInal Countdown are broken and take no skill to use. So...today, instead of Kuriboh, i will discuss the alternate Win conditions and WHY they suck and you shouldn't use them ever. Also, for the hell of it, let's discuss Burn decks as well since they fit in the category of "Decks that shouldnt be played"

http://hugelolcdn.com/i700/157949.jpg

Now let's talk about the most famous one: Exodia. Exodia decks are not fun to use or play. To get good at yugioh, you shouldnt use Exodia decks. it requires no skill and doesnt teach you how to play the game. It's just activate spell card after spell card until you win. Your opponent hates it and you learn nothing so...everybody loses. It's like playing Solitare and not yugioh. You arent playing with your opponent your playing with yourself (That came out wrong....). So...NEVER play Exodia.

Let's move on to Final Countdown. STALLING IS ANNOYING. DONT PLAY STALL DECKS...well...not really. Stalling can be done right. Ghostricks, for example, are slow and require a little stalling to get their resources. That's fine. Some decks run a Swords of Revealing Light to stall for a bit. That's fine. What ISNT fine is when you play a stall deck. Again, you learn nothing and your opponent doesnt do anything. 20 turns may seem like a lot but it's really only 10 and it goes by really fast.

Now for Last Turn. Nobody makes these decks anymore because Last Turn is banned but there was a time where it wasn't so i'll still go over it. These decks are self burnd ecks really and stalling until you get Last Turn. Again, stalling is annoying and shouldn't be done too much. Thank god this card is banned.

Let's talk about the most hated of them all, Chain Burn and Bad Reaction decks. These SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. If you use this i hate you. I hate you a LOT. They are a combination of Burn an Stall so they are doubly annoying. It's just not fun. You dont care about backrow or monsters (Except Prime Material Dragon, in which case, you're fucked.)

Yugioh is about fun. Wether you win or lose. The fun of yugioh is playing against new decks and getting new ideas. Maybe you use Heroes and play against a Hero deck. Then, if you lose, you learn something and make your deck better. If you just play burn, there's no point.

GonadTheNomad
08-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Let's talk about the most hated of them all, Chain Burn and Bad Reaction decks. These SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK. If you use this i hate you. I hate you a LOT. They are a combination of Burn an Stall so they are doubly annoying. It's just not fun. You dont care about backrow or monsters (Except Prime Material Dragon, in which case, you're fucked.)

Yugioh is about fun. Wether you win or lose. The fun of yugioh is playing against new decks and getting new ideas. Maybe you use Heroes and play against a Hero deck. Then, if you lose, you learn something and make your deck better. If you just play burn, there's no point.

Said the guy with Moxie and Drain Punch. :rolleyes:

Umbreon
08-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Said the guy with Moxie and Drain Punch. :rolleyes:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0lZ02Ngdtqenfzj1eFEoA_LUUqrpjp U1SSlD2NJ64Ai5VmTPq

Umbreon
08-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Time to talk about everyone's favorite furball; Kuriboh! Kuriboh is probably one of the most famous cards out there. Even people who dont play yugioh knows Kuriboh. Because of this, there has been many variations on this little guy and some support as well. So, let's discuss Kuriboh and all his little buddies!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121003160147/yugioh/images/thumb/6/6e/Kuriboh-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg/300px-Kuriboh-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg

During your opponent's turn, at damage calculation: You can discard this card; you take no Battle Damage from that battle.

It's cute but...it sucks! Waboku is a much better card. There are plenty of other cards that do its job better. When it was first released, it was nice but now it's not. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean it doesnt have its uses. You can use a Flute of Summoning Kuriboh to get it out easily and make a quick rank 1 Xyz monster, Its Dark so chaos works with it, and it's a fiend so it has decent support in that area.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011221344/yugioh/images/thumb/9/92/Multiply-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg/300px-Multiply-LCYW-EN-R-1E.jpg

Tribute 1 face-up "Kuriboh"; Special Summon as many "Kuriboh Tokens" (Fiend-Type/DARK/Level 1/ATK 300/DEF 200) as possible in Defense Position. These Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon.

It summons more Kuribohs! It gets you 5 monsters but.....it isnt worth it. These tokens cant be tributed for a tribute summon so they arent that great. However, they do have uses. you can tribute them for Yubel's effect and they can be sued to summon Raviel, so they have some uses.I would rather use Scapegoat except for the fact that Detonate exists. But...it was nice when it first came out.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121006005434/yugioh/images/thumb/d/d1/Detonate-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png/300px-Detonate-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png

Destroy all face-up "Kuriboh" and "Kuriboh Tokens" you control, then destroy cards your opponent controls, up to the number of "Kuriboh" and "Kuriboh Tokens" destroyed by this effect.

:wat: . Dark Hole > This. Heavy Storm > This. Why would you use this? Even when it came out it sucked. It just sucks.

So...this concludes part 1 thanks to only being able to have 3 images in a post ( :wat: ) So...next up is Kuribon and Kuriphoton

Umbreon
08-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Also, a quick update thing, except not really, but...If anyone wants to duel me; I use DevPro (Which you have to download a link to it is right here:http://devpro.org/). If you ever want to duel, PM me or ask in this thread and i will gladly duel you.

In other news, Kuriboh Part II will be up later today.