PDA

View Full Version : Era of The Forum

Faker
11-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Forum. A word that means everything in this time. Rewind a few thousand years ago. Forums were a way to connect thousands of people on the Internet together, like nothing ever could. A way for complete strangers to bond. Rewind even further back, to the era of the Romans. The forum was a place where the Romans could congregate. Buy stuff, read the latest news, but most importantly, interact. In this year, interaction is key. A brilliant man with the name of Rob W. had started a project that would forever change your world. He wanted to not only bring together his state, his country, but the whole world. It started as a forum for a series known as Epic Rap Battles of History, but in the future, grew. Grew like you wouldn't imagine. He is now the CEO of ERB industries. A company that practically owns the world. Everyone in the world is connected in a way that has never been achieved. But why listen to my dreary explanation, when you can see for yourself?

Rob sat in his luxurious office. All the latest and greatest high-tech equipment had been installed. His platinum desk sat just inches away from his award shelf filled with, oh just his 1,537 nobel peace prizes. Rob truly was the most admired person on the planet. However he let nothing go to his head. Aside from all his riches and prizes, he was as social and levelheaded as you. Rob stretched as a light green screen opened in front of him.

'Incoming holocall being transmitted by LAWLzoR, allow access?' rang the automatic voice.

"Oh yes, please. I haven't spoken to LAWL in ages!" exclaimed Rob. The green screen shattered, and the shards pooled into the center, forming a hologram of LAWL. "LAWL, how have you been? I trust you've been keeping an eye on all those troublemakers out there?" chuckled Rob.

LAWL smiled and responded, "You bet sir, but come on, really. We haven't had an incident, besides a few minor ones, in decades. I just wanted to say hi, is all. Everything is going fine on your end, I'm assuming?"

Rob gave a thumbs-up and replied, "You betcha! I made the right choice picking Dion as the head honcho of ERB Industries. The man never disappoints. I mean, he's even chosen great supervisors for our world such as yourself. How is everything going anyway?"

"Why don't you see for yourself, sir?" asked LAWL. From his end, LAWL entered a few commands into the floating keyboard. On Rob's end, an image expanded and showed Rob different parts of the world.

Over in Sector E Burroughs, Umbreon, and Boretic were having the time of their life. They were using the Boot-Defiers that Wumbo was kind enough to lend to them. They were playing a good ol game of tag, running up the sides of buildings, creating new buildings with their Micro-Thought chips.

In the building that kept this world running perfectly, Helioptile and the Capwninator were discussing their job.

"I-It's just wonderful! Lovely!" exclaimed Helioptile, "All Rob has done for us, i-it's just amazing! This world is a real life forum now. And we couldn't possibly have better people to watch over us! Dion is the most efficient. LAWL is sweet. Noremac, Wumbo, and Up always arrive in the nick of time, and Jinx handles things better than most."

Capwninator responded, "Yeah, but ol sleepy here is being considered for demotion." He nudged his head towards a napping SuperRapz.

Helioptile giggled, "I-I-I have a s-solution for that!" He then proceeded to zap the living hell out of SR, who woke up immediately.

Rob stopped the image feed and spoke to LAWL, "Then nothing to worry about! So, what should our first action of the day be?"

LAWL thought for a bit and replied, "How about another fun game of Mafia?"

Rob nodded happily and ended the transmission altogether and began to make the announcement.

And this, my friends, is what is to come a few thousands years down the line.

(NOTE: Don't expect this to be a series. It's just a fun pointless thought I had that I wanted to get out. This probably doesn't have much potential anyway.)

Facilier
11-03-2013, 03:29 PM
So inaccurate, I would never go near Polarbore irl ;)

Poles
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM
So inaccurate, I would never go near Polarbore irl ;)

Ouch
;n;

Facilier
11-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Ouch
;n;

twas but a joke

aDONIS
11-06-2013, 05:44 PM
This was awesome

LAWLzoR
11-06-2013, 06:37 PM
That's awesome! It has a lot of potential! You get more thumbs up than Rob gave to me.

gosick
11-08-2013, 08:50 AM
immortal here, will confirm in a few thousand years time :P