PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers Death Battle

Pages : [1] 2

Dr. Stein
03-11-2014, 08:43 PM
So I thought that I would make this thread for the discussion, speculation, and idea sharing of the popular youtube series, Death Battles.
I actually have a couple ideas myself that i'll post here but for now, let's talk about the newest Death Battle on youtube, Robocop vs. Terminator. How do you guys think it went? The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLjlnoAT_ns

Clemi
03-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I like these videos because there's some good idea for ERB matchups.

echo
12-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Bumping this, let's talk about the last two battles we had (and the next one, omg so excited. )
I'm still going to use spoiler tags, just to prevent spoiling anything for anyone who hasn't yet watched the battles. (Which if you haven't, do it! O: )

Deadpool vs Deathstroke:
The fight itself left a little more to be desired. While I love Takahata101 and all of TFS, his take on Deadpool seemed less like Deadpool, and more like "Guy trying way too hard to be Deadpool", which was disappointing. The fight itself looked great, it was action packed and exactly how I'd imagine a fight between the two of them would go.. except with Deathstroke winning. I'm a DC fangirl, so I'm kinda salty about the outcome, but I'm not denying it. :P

Kirby vs Buu:
Honestly, I knew Kirby would win the instant they announced it as a battle. It's literally just Yoshi vs Riptor again: Small, cute Nintendo character vs Larger, more frightening version of the other. It's kinda funny, that it basically ended the same way too; Yoshi eating Riptors acid and spitting it back at her, and Kirby eating Buu's Ki blast and shooting it back at him.

Next time on Death Battle:
OMFG RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE VS SOL BADGUY SO MUCH HYPE OMG.
If you don't know who they are, Ragna is from BlazBlue, and Sol is from Guilty Gear, both fighting games made by Arc System Works.
As much as I love BlazBlue, I see Sol winning this one easily... sadly :c

So, those are my thoughts, what are yours?

rangernumberx
12-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Let's see...Deadpool vs Deathstroke went how I expected it too when I researched the two for the battle I never released. Deadpool regenerates so fast any damage is almost negligible, and can counter other's regenerative abilities which Deathstroke could not. Kirby vs Buu, on the other hand, did not happen the way I expected. After seeing the two get reviewed by Wiz and Boomstick, I thought Buu would end up destroying Pop Star and then reforming himself. Also, I thought they would give Kirby instant access to all of his abilities as he does in SSB, and for example in Mouse Attack/Squeak Squad he could be powered up and have 5 more powers ready to go on the bottom screen, but whatever. I'm not complaining. And the next battle...I'm sorry, but who are these guys?

echo
12-19-2014, 01:51 PM
Let's see...Deadpool vs Deathstroke went how I expected it too when I researched the two for the battle I never released. Deadpool regenerates so fast any damage is almost negligible, and can counter other's regenerative abilities which Deathstroke could not. Kirby vs Buu, on the other hand, did not happen the way I expected. After seeing the two get reviewed by Wiz and Boomstick, I thought Buu would end up destroying Pop Star and then reforming himself. Also, I thought they would give Kirby instant access to all of his abilities as he does in SSB, and for example in Mouse Attack/Squeak Squad he could be powered up and have 5 more powers ready to go on the bottom screen, but whatever. I'm not complaining. And the next battle...I'm sorry, but who are these guys?

Deadpool's sword, the one that can counter regenerative abilities, is non-canon. It shouldn't have even been mentioned, let alone used in the animation.

And read my third spoiler for the two in the next battle :P

rangernumberx
12-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Deadpool's sword, the one that can counter regenerative abilities, is non-canon. It shouldn't have even been mentioned, let alone used in the animation.

And read my third spoiler for the two in the next battle :P
I'm pretty sure that Deadpool's comics are just a long running spit in the face for continuity and canon, but it's alright. I'm more disappointed that the sheep cannon has more canon than the sword and yet it was never shown. I saw your post, but still. I don't play fighting games, so besides from the obvious fighters such as the M. Bison/Shau Kahn matchup or the Scorpion/Ryu one, I'm not going to know who it is. Care to describe them for the class?

Lohuydahutt
12-19-2014, 02:02 PM
Yeah I can accept the winner of DP vs DS but bringing stuff like DP kills the Marvel Universe into it made the explanation beyond shitty. Kirby vs Buu's fight was WAY more enjoyable than DP vs DS as well, and the explanation while flawed in some ways was better. So yeah, happy about the winner of today's battle (I'm wearing a Kirby t-shirt right now actually.) Unfortunately, I know Jack shit about the next match-up.

echo
12-19-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm pretty sure that Deadpool's comics are just a long running spit in the face for continuity and canon, but it's alright. I'm more disappointed that the sheep cannon has more canon than the sword and yet it was never shown. I saw your post, but still. I don't play fighting games, so besides from the obvious fighters such as the M. Bison/Shau Kahn matchup or the Scorpion/Ryu one, I'm not going to know who it is. Care to describe them for the class?

Sure! c:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/244/f/a/sol_vs_ragna_the_final_bout_by_bladeofgoth-d48kn4j.jpg

Ragna the Bloodedge:
http://i.imgur.com/BvQcbpO.gif
Ragna is from the BlazBlue series. He is a wanted criminal with a bounty in the trillions on his head. He wields "Blood Scythe", a large sword that can be that can be turned into, as the name implies, a scythe. Whenever his blade makes contact with an enemy, it steals a bit of their soul, powering Ragna up with each strike. He wields part of the Azure Grimoire within his right arm, (which is mechanical due to his brother cutting it off, while possessed.) With this, he can control darkness-esque energy in the form of attacks, and enhancements to his own attacks. His Soul Drive is "Soul Eater", which is an attack that absorbs the enemies own life force, and restores his own. He can also enter the state of "Blood Kain", which greatly enhances his own abilities, at the expense of his life force. In the most recent game, he was able to use a significantly stronger form of Blood Kain, that had the same effects, without the cost of his own life force.

Sol Badguy:

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/np2/char2/gif/sol/sol-intro-reload.gif
Sol is from the Guilty Gear series. He is a bounty hunter with incredible fighting ability. He wields "Fuuenken", also known as "Fireseal". Fireseal allows Sol to use his fire abilities to the fullest extent. He can use flame projectiles, or enhance his own attacks with fire. He is a human that was converted into a Gear, which gives him a longer lifespan (I believe it was said that he was about 200 years old, but I could be wrong), slight regeneration, and slight invulnerability. If a fight begins to turn out of his favor, he will remove his headband, exposing the seal on his forehead. This transforms Sol into a dragon-like warrior, covering his blade in flames, and enhancing all of his combat abilities to significantly higher levels.

Lohuydahutt
12-19-2014, 03:28 PM
I'm interested to see how they handle Ragna's soul stuff. From what I gather, Sol seems to have way better feats but I wouldn't be TOO shocked if they just pulled a Ryu vs Scorpion and just said Ragna gets more powerful as the fight went on and Sol couldn't put him down in time so therefore Ragna wins or some shit like that. I might be interpreting his powers wrong and I currently expect Sol to win from what I've heard but either way...

echo
12-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm interested to see how they handle Ragna's soul stuff. From what I gather, Sol seems to have way better feats but I wouldn't be TOO shocked if they just pulled a Ryu vs Scorpion and just said Ragna gets more powerful as the fight went on and Sol couldn't put him down in time so therefore Ragna wins or some shit like that. I might be interpreting his powers wrong and I currently expect Sol to win from what I've heard but either way...

I'm fairly certain Sol will win. If the statement about him being 200 years old is true, that gives him wayyyyyyy more combat experience than Ragna. Not to mention Sol's Gear form makes his significantly stronger, strong enough to beat "That Man" (The main antagonist of Guilty Gear), while he (Sol) was potentially holding back.

I want Ragna to win, but I expect Sol to.

Lohuydahutt
12-19-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm fairly certain Sol will win. If the statement about him being 200 years old is true, that gives him wayyyyyyy more combat experience than Ragna. Not to mention Sol's Gear form makes his significantly stronger, strong enough to beat "That Man" (The main antagonist of Guilty Gear), while he (Sol) was potentially holding back.

I want Ragna to win, but I expect Sol to.

Again, I know next to nothing about the characters, so IDK how impressive it is to beat "That Man" like, what has "That Man" himself proved himself to be capable of strength wise and all of that stuff? I'm trying to wrap my head around each character so I can actually form my own opinion on it. All I know about either at the moment is that Ragna looks cooler than Sol xDDDDDD

echo
12-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Again, I know next to nothing about the characters, so IDK how impressive it is to beat "That Man" like, what has "That Man" himself proved himself to be capable of strength wise and all of that stuff? I'm trying to wrap my head around each character so I can actually form my own opinion on it. All I know about either at the moment is that Ragna looks cooler than Sol xDDDDDD

He's the series' main antagonist, none of the characters are even able to harm him.

Also, I misquoted myself, he didn't defeat That Man, he was only able to go "toe-to-toe" with him, but was still defeated, so he's kind of irrelevant now x3.

Lancer
12-19-2014, 09:33 PM
I knew Kirby would destroy Buu, mainly because of how fucking OP Hypernova form is.

Samos
06-03-2015, 06:36 PM
So I guess it's cool to bump this because it's media related and seems to be pretty popular around here lately. spoolers below
JrvEWWYLDHM
This was a cool battle. I had a good feeling Snake was going to win the whole time, but the battle was still pretty suspenseful.

My guess is that Darth Vader is going against Dr. Doom. Apparently that's a fairly popular suggestion.

Lohuydahutt
06-03-2015, 07:00 PM
indeed. Yeah I'm pretty sure it's gonna be Vader vs Doom. If that's the case from what I've heard, Vader is realistically fucked. Unless they just go lolforcechoke on us *shrugs* I PERSONALLY wouldn't care because I think I've seen enough Marvel recently but I guess it'll probably just give people more actual room to call bullshit so... *sigh*

Brinstark
06-03-2015, 07:12 PM
Was it ever in question of who would have won. :p

echo
06-03-2015, 09:49 PM
I had literally no doubt that Snake would win.
The only time I was slighty worried was during the analysis, when they barely mentioned any of Snake's weaponry (Whiiiich makes sense, because his main weapons (M4, Socom, Nikita, Chaff grenades, to name a few) are found by him during his mission, therefore they aren't technically his weapons. Other than that, I had literally no doubt in my mind.

Enjoy the name change, Gunnut.

Lawliet
06-08-2015, 11:34 PM
Anyone else want it to be vader vs voldemort? or vader vs sauron?

Lohuydahutt
06-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Well, it's Vader vs Doctor Doom apparently.

R.I.P Vader

Samos
07-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Yd3esamc2Rs
I accidentally spoiled the winner for myself (stupid Youtube timeline previews), but this battle was pretty much what I expected. Fight was pretty cool, nothing spectacular.

And ugh, I guess they're going for a Goku vs. Superman rematch, but with Super Saiyan GOD this time. I'm not super happy about that, since I thought the last one should've pretty much completely ended the debate. I don't know much about this Super Saiyan God, so I can't really pass judgment. but i really hope Superman wins

echo
07-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Yd3esamc2Rs
I accidentally spoiled the winner for myself (stupid Youtube timeline previews), but this battle was pretty much what I expected. Fight was pretty cool, nothing spectacular.

And ugh, I guess they're going for a Goku vs. Superman rematch, but with Super Saiyan GOD this time. I'm not super happy about that, since I thought the last one should've pretty much completely ended the debate. I don't know much about this Super Saiyan God, so I can't really pass judgment. but i really hope Superman wins

He will. If they give Goku his God form, they'll have to include some sort of Prime for Superman, which equals an even bigger curbstomp in his favor.

Lohuydahutt
07-01-2015, 09:51 PM
And then there's a new DBZ anime again, and then they'll rematch them AGAIN...

And then they'll keep rematching over and over until Goku wins

Spoiler: not happening.

echo
07-08-2015, 11:18 AM
fXH286nM-Fo

They're giving Goku his Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan form, and everyone thinks that on looks alone that Superman will be in his New 52 form (Since that's his New 52 costume).
Regardless, none of that will make a difference. Superman is still going to win, and fanboys are still going to rage.
Hell, since they're showing it live at SGC, I expect the whole building to be burned down and the streets littered with the bodies of the innocent following the rampage of the Goku fanboys o:

Dion
07-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Bleh.

I don't see why they have to make a rematch. They got their facts, they used them in a battle, and they got their victor. They even said they didn't want to use Super Sayian God because that'd mean Superman would have to play on the same ball field with his Prime form. >_>

Lohuydahutt
07-08-2015, 11:56 AM
From what I gather it's sort of debatable if they use New 52 ONLY

but... it's mostly just debatable by trying to undermine New 52's feats as much as possible. Ah well.

Also "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan"

this kind of shit is why I have absolutely no interest in checking out DBZ any time soon.

echo
07-08-2015, 11:57 AM
Bleh.

I don't see why they have to make a rematch. They got their facts, they used them in a battle, and they got their victor. They even said they didn't want to use Super Sayian God because that'd mean Superman would have to play on the same ball field with his Prime form. >_>

They should have waited until the new DB series was done at least, for more Goku feats with his new forms.

I haven't kept up with N52, but if they're using that form for Supes, he's still got this in the bag.
-He's benched the weight of the Earth for five days straight, with no sunlight, only breaking a single drop of sweat.
-He's traveled from Pluto to the Earth (Or maybe it was the Sun, too lazy to fact check but regardless) in the time it took for Starfire and Red Hood to have a short conversation.

Another thing is the fact that people actually think they'll give Superman Prime 1M form in this battle, when he's clearly shown in his normal form in the preview, and it took Superman 15,000 years in the sun to reach that form. x3

Also, apparently Goku, in his SSGSS form, was dropped by a common laser, when his guard was down. Not looking too good for the baby blue haired saiyan ;P

Superman is winning

Samos
07-18-2015, 09:20 PM
Giving some space for Activity Stream people............................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........

So the battle was a lot of fun to watch, definitely felt the hype throughout the whole thing, but it kind of just felt pointless. They didn't give any new reasons, it was basically just the same points repeated over and over again (I completely agree with their points but still).

Oh, and Knuckles might be going against Wario. I think I've seen that one before a few times.

Lohuydahutt
07-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Hurray for lifting infinity :3

echo
07-18-2015, 10:18 PM
Hurray for lifting infinity :3

Honestly surprised, and hyped, that they mentioned that feat.

Battle was awesome. Ending gave me feels (Not the cutscene after)

Rocket
07-18-2015, 10:31 PM
The ending just felt like a "you didn't win but you still did pretty good" to avoid pissing off fans

echo
07-18-2015, 10:36 PM
The ending just felt like a "you didn't win but you still did pretty good" to avoid pissing off fans

To me it felt more in character for Superman.
He knew Goku wouldn't give up, he knew that last time it resulted in the Earth being destroyed, and he knew he'd have to put down Goku, who he knew was honestly a good guy.

Samos
07-18-2015, 10:36 PM

Oh yeah, definitely felt like they were trying to overcompensate for their own sake. Which I didn't really mind, but they didn't really try to hide that.

echo
07-18-2015, 10:43 PM
Oh yeah, definitely felt like they were trying to overcompensate for their own sake. Which I didn't really mind, but they didn't really try to hide that.

To me it felt more in character for Superman.
He knew Goku wouldn't give up, he knew that last time it resulted in the Earth being destroyed, and he knew he'd have to put down Goku, who he knew was honestly a good guy.

Because it fits here too.

In character, it makes a whole hell of a lot more sense than "Blew up the planet I spend my life protecting, time to fly away into space"

And yeeeeeeaaaaaaah, he got the Dragon balls so that's probably where he was going at the end of that fight but still.

Dion
07-19-2015, 03:04 AM
Seemed like a rather complete waste of a death battle imo. :/

Turtlesauce
07-19-2015, 03:20 AM
Lmao, that remark on the end that

If Goku was like Superman, would you even like him?

Superman got fucking rekt

Lohuydahutt
07-19-2015, 03:28 AM
Lmao, that remark on the end that

If Goku was like Superman, would you even like him?

Superman got fucking rekt

I think you interpreted what they meant there wrong :P it was less a jab at Superman and more a distinction between the kinds of characters the two are :P

echo
07-19-2015, 05:39 AM
I think you interpreted what they meant there wrong :P it was less a jab at Superman and more a distinction between the kinds of characters the two are :P

This.

Also, to be perfectly honest, the scene of Superman just walking through Goku's full power Kamehameha, completely no-selling it, that's literally my favorite scene in all of Death Battle history now, closely edging out the "You're pretty good" scene from Snake vs Sam.

Samos
07-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Knuckles vs. Donkey Kong was confirmed on Twitter.

I like both characters, and this one seems pretty close. Knuckles has super forms, and I have no idea how powerful those are, but DK was able to do punch the moon out of orbit, so I'm definitely not sure on this one. It seems like Knuckles definitely has the speed advantage, and DK definitely has the strength advantage.

Lohuydahutt
07-23-2015, 11:20 PM
Side note: by taking a quick look at -REDACTED- according to the official death battle research team super forms won't be included...

Also DK actually has a super form that lasts longer anyways xP

echo
07-24-2015, 10:28 AM
DK has bongos and memes, so he'll win.

Turtlesauce
07-24-2015, 01:39 PM
Did anyone even want to see Knuckles vs DK? I mean, seriously

Lohuydahutt
07-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Well, it was either Knuckles vs DK or Knuckles vs Wario, and we have to keep up the Mario vs Sanic rivalry for some reason so yeah, guess so

Dion
07-24-2015, 02:54 PM
I'd rather see Knuckles vs Wario.

Lohuydahutt
07-24-2015, 03:11 PM
apparently Knuckles vs DK is a closer fight (because Wario apparently has dat toonforce) but yeah, I would've preferred that too.

Either way, I think this might be the first Sonic vs Mario match where the Mario guy has a good chance of winning, and I'll be annoyed if he doesn't.

Dion
08-12-2015, 12:13 PM
So [potential opponents for Wolverine?]

Mike Hat
08-12-2015, 12:40 PM
If they ever do a Sonic vs. Mario match using Wario, I think it'll be against Metal Sonic.

The suggestion I've heard most often is Raiden from Metal Gear, for whatever reason. I've also heard Bigby Wolf tossed around once or twice

Samos
08-12-2015, 12:45 PM
[I loved the constant "Oh no" from Knuckles every time he got hit

As for Wolverine, I'm seeing Baraka, Predator, Vega and Freddy Krueger in the comments.]

Juiz
08-12-2015, 01:20 PM
It'll be Predator

Also "Oh no"

rangernumberx
08-12-2015, 01:28 PM
Whoever he's against, Wolverine is going to win. I mean, he was once ripped in half by the hulk, and his torso crawled to his legs to reattach them, as well as once regrowing from a single cell. Unless they've got a weapon to negate a healing factor like Deadpool (which I doubt) they stand no chance.

Also, oh no.

Dion
08-12-2015, 01:44 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here, I have no idea why they used the "oh no" sound multiple times.

This is probably because I didn't play a lot of the Sonic the Hedgehog games and is scared to ever enter into that realm.

Lohuydahutt
08-12-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm going to be completely honest here, I have no idea why they used the "oh no" sound multiple times.

This is probably because I didn't play a lot of the Sonic the Hedgehog games and is scared to ever enter into that realm.

Allow me to enlighten you... xP basically, in a Sonic Adventure game there's this one time you fight Knuckles and he literally says "oh no" every time you hit him.

/watch?v=demZZpIWMyA

Dion
08-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Allow me to enlighten you... xP basically, in a Sonic Adventure game there's this one time you fight Knuckles and he literally says "oh no" every time you hit him.

/watch?v=demZZpIWMyA

My mind is now open.

Mike Hat
08-18-2015, 05:45 PM
So [Wolverine's opponent ]i[s ]a[pparently confir]m[ed to be R]a[iden from Metal Gear. This is another match I'm not sure about the outcome of: ]W[olv]e[rine']s[ nigh imm]o[rtality ]m[ay actually b]e[ able to be nullified by some of Raiden's gear, specifically the HF Muramasa, which might make this battle a possible thing for Raiden, who also happens to be lightning fast. On the other hand... well, Wolverine is super overpowered, and his healing factor means that Raiden's attacks won't have as much of a lasting impact, so if Wolverine can get in a couple good strikes...]

[I think it all depends on whether Raiden's gear actually does stop Wolverine's immortality, or if I've been duped. I know it can cut through a lot of things, and destroying Wolverine's skeleton apparently kills him, so I guess it all depends on whether or not it can cut through adamantium.]

Juiz
08-18-2015, 06:42 PM
We'll see, honestly.
The adamantium is going to be a huge factor here, buuuut in one canon, Wolvie's joints weren't coated in adamantium, sooooo if that comes to play somehow, Raiden could easily cut right through them.

It's basically Speed/Strength vs Durability in this one.
Wolverine could win, but I'm going to give my first vote to Raiden.

http://i.imgur.com/Lvlsi.gif http://i.imgur.com/GyZbr7y.gif

Lohuydahutt
08-18-2015, 09:56 PM
Oh hey, Deadpool vs Deathstroke 2.0

... except this time I can see more valid reasoning for why lolregen wins.

I'll have to side with Wolvy on this one to be honest. Sure there's the joint thing in one canon, but that seems like a pretty unfair choice for a deciding factor if the other ones don't have that weakness.

Juiz
08-18-2015, 09:58 PM
Oh hey, Deadpool vs Deathstroke 2.0

... except this time I can see more valid reasoning for why lolregen wins.

I'll have to side with Wolvy on this one to be honest. Sure there's the joint thing in one canon, but that seems like a pretty unfair choice for a deciding factor if the other ones don't have that weakness.

Honestly, I'm only siding with Raiden at first is because Ripper mode is broken as fuck. x3

BrineBlade
08-18-2015, 11:07 PM
Raiden was able to destroy NANOMACHINES, SON! As in, nanomachines that made a guy almost unstoppable, and that regenerated. Wolverine has died in the main Marvel canon...

EDIT: Now I kinda want to see a battle between Hulk and Senator Armstrong

Raiden gets my vote as well.

Turtlesauce
08-19-2015, 01:53 AM
Rip Wolvie

Juiz
09-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Holy shit, that battle was so cool.
Oh my god. Winner aside, the battle was so well done.
The part with them activating their respective "berserker" modes... holy shit.

YEAH RAIDEN WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNS

Also

Hercule vs Dan Hibiki lel

Mike Hat
09-08-2015, 08:56 PM
I loved this battle. The character I wanted to win won (validating one of my bets on another site) and the battle itself was cool looking.

Refresh my memory, have they already done Hercule in OMM? I feel like they have but I don't remember. Either way Dan sounds like a likely opponent.

Juiz
09-08-2015, 08:57 PM
I loved this battle. The character I wanted to win won (validating one of my bets on another site) and the battle itself was cool looking.

Refresh my memory, have they already done Hercule in OMM? I feel like they have but I don't remember. Either way Dan sounds like a likely opponent.

@Spoiler: Yes, he was vs Dan in OMM, and will probably be his opponent in the next DB

Samos
09-08-2015, 08:59 PM
[I wasn't really sure who was going to win, and I didn't have much of an attachment to either, so it was just cool.

Oh and I hardly know Hercule so I'm not even going to guess his opponent]

Juiz
09-08-2015, 09:00 PM
[I wasn't really sure who was going to win, and I didn't have much of an attachment to either, so it was just cool.

Oh and I hardly know Hercule so I'm not even going to guess his opponent]

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/02/History%20of%20Dan/Screens/Dan20--article_image.jpg
Dan Hibiki

Another suggestion is Captain Qwark from Rachet and Clank

Lohuydahutt
09-08-2015, 09:06 PM
That was probably one of my least favorite 3D fights in a while tbh, not even about the results it was just kind of monotonous. I think the Antartic Vibranium thing was kind of bs as well but whatevs, I don't really care enough.

as for the next one? Yeah it's gonna be Dan, no doubt about it.

Juiz
09-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Hands down, my favorite part was "Shit! Not again!" (Third time Raiden has lost his arm, so I giggled.)
Next battle isn't even a surprise or anything, no idea why they didn't just say "F it" and say the whole battle instead of plugging their social media sites like always :P

And I love how almost everything Raiden did, he actually does in Metal Gear Rising (A lot of the combos, the one midair one off the building stood out the most)
And when he beheads Wolverine, if you look closely, there's the blue line across his neck like in Raidens "Blade Mode"

Faker
09-08-2015, 09:44 PM
I really hope in Hercule's battle they don't write him off as a cheap joke character. I mean, I genuinely believe he's capable of taking on most non-powered human characters.

rangernumberx
09-30-2015, 02:19 PM
Well, that battle was about as hilariously disappointing as you can expect a battle of this caliber to be. Heck, the majority of the research section was just talking about their stories, not their abilities (mainly due to the lack of them).

Yang from RWBY...I've only just watched the first episode, but would the thought of a battle royale of the titular characters be out of the question? The first two seem to be able to kick ass at least, so it's presumable that the latter two can as well. Also, that could be why Dan vs Hercule was chosen: It took the least amount of time and effort on all fronts, in order to spend more time animating and writing for four characters, and possibly animating it in the style of the show.

Dion
10-05-2015, 11:49 PM
I thought the new death battle was pretty entertaining.

Lohuydahutt
10-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Anddddddd Yang is fighting Tifa. We'll see how this goes but from what I gather Tifa probably takes the win realistically.

Juiz
10-20-2015, 07:53 PM
Really excited to see this one.
Honestly don't care who wins, since I know the animation will be top notch.
Excited to see the next battle, though. :)

Lohuydahutt
10-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Yeah this is the least invested I've been with who the winner is in a while, but if I HAD to pick one I'd go for Yang. I doubt I'll win that one tho, the last time the guy I rooted for won was Knuckles vs Dankey Kang. But yeah.

Juiz
10-20-2015, 07:59 PM
Yeah this is the least invested I've been with who the winner is in a while, but if I HAD to pick one I'd go for Yang. I doubt I'll win that one tho, the last time the guy I rooted for won was Knuckles vs Dankey Kang. But yeah.

Yeah, she'll probably win, just because aura is really op.
If she doesn't, eh, at least Final Fantasy gets a win xD
If I recall correctly, they said there were like, 6 battles left of the season, and I think that was back in Knuckles vs DK (Could be wrong)
So we're close to the end of the season. Which means I have a good feeling as to what the next battle is, if they go by what they've been saying at panels.

Correction: They said five left, after Wolverine vs Raiden, so that means there are three more after this one.

Lohuydahutt
10-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Three more, and it's safe to assume the finale will be 3D... so... perhaps we'll get 2 more 2D and a big 3D finale? ... Probably.

Juiz
10-20-2015, 08:05 PM
Three more, and it's safe to assume the finale will be 3D... so... perhaps we'll get 2 more 2D and a big 3D finale? ... Probably.

Well they said, a few times, that the season two finale would be Galactus vs Unicron, so if they keep to that, it basically has to be 3D.
Two 2D beforehand absolutely makes sense, especially sense they've had so many 3D ones this season.
I imagine another sword-user fight, and a gun-user fight. Just makes sense, since this is a brawler fight.

Lohuydahutt
10-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Or maybe they'll finally do Smoky the Bear vs Scruff McGruff

Juiz
10-20-2015, 08:07 PM
Or maybe they'll finally do Smoky the Bear vs Scruff McGruff

Waldo vs Carmen Sandiago

Maybe they'll do Mickey vs Bugs, since that's one they've wanted to do, and people have wanted (I personally don't really care for that match-up, though)

Lohuydahutt
10-20-2015, 08:08 PM
I want to see Mickey vs Bugs actually, or Popeye vs anybody, we need a good toonforcer xP

Juiz
10-20-2015, 08:10 PM
I want to see Mickey vs Bugs actually, or Popeye vs anybody, we need a good toonforcer xP

Yeah, the power of the Toonforce is the only real appealing thing, as far as Mickey vs Bugs goes. Could be very interesting. Not to mention they said that if they did it, it'd be animated traditionally, instead of 3D or sprites, which would be awesome.

BrineBlade
10-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Really want another MLP battle, mainly because why not?

rangernumberx
10-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Well, seeing that I've never played FF VII, liked RWBY, and heard that Tifa was likely to win, I am pleasantly surprised with the result. Also, I like that I was right with them making it 3D and in the style of RWBY.

As for the 'next time' teaser, or rather, lack thereof...they really seem to be plugging this particular episode of The Industry a lot, don't they? Well, I think it must be a particularly big one for them to be revealing it like this.

Alright, thanks to The Industry, we now know the next Death Battle is going to be:
Mega Man vs Astro Boy
Personally, I think the former fighter has it, although I am looking forward to the fight.

Samos
10-24-2015, 01:37 PM
[Oh cool Mega Man

I've only heard of Astro Boy, but this seems like a good match-up.]

sane
10-24-2015, 02:59 PM
[Oh cool Mega Man

I've only heard of Astro Boy, but this seems like a good match-up.]

Wait what are you serious

rangernumberx
10-24-2015, 03:15 PM

You're going to have to be a bit more specific with your disbelief.

Faker
10-24-2015, 03:29 PM
Mega Man has this in the bag. Between the Leaf Shield and the time stopping ability he received from Centaur Man, he has a lot going for him.

Samos
10-24-2015, 03:36 PM

[What I meant was that I know Mega Man pretty well, but I've "only heard of Astro Boy", as in I don't really know much about him besides his name.]

rangernumberx
10-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Plus the glorious OP-ness of the Metal Blades. However, due to the rules meaning that Mega Man won't have Rush, he loses maneuverability.

If there's any reference to people's reactions to Mega Man being in Smash 4 or anything similar, aka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk , I'll be happy. People love them some Mega Man.

Faker
10-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Plus the glorious OP-ness of the Metal Blades. However, due to the rules meaning that Mega Man won't have Rush, he loses maneuverability.

If there's any reference to people's reactions to Mega Man being in Smash 4 or anything similar, aka https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wnnv5zySAk , I'll be happy. People love them some Mega Man.

Forget the Metal Blades. Heck Crash Man's sticky bomb things are good enough. Mega Man just has so many unique abilities thst can create some pretty insane combos.

Juiz
10-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Not to mention his Thunder Beam makes a great impact due to Astroboy being weak to electric based attacks.

If they use the cartoon at all, then Megaman can take some form of power from Astroboy just by touching him, which also makes said power unusable for Astroboy. So basically it'd be bye-bye rockets for Astro.

Lohuydahutt
10-24-2015, 04:23 PM
The thing is from what I gather Mega Man is almost completely physically outclassed by Astro Boy. It's basically raw strength vs arsenal here

Faker
10-24-2015, 04:27 PM
The thing is from what I gather Mega Man is almost completely physically outclassed by Astro Boy. It's basically raw strength vs arsenal here

Except when Mega Man is using Guts Man's strength.

Lohuydahutt
10-24-2015, 04:29 PM
Except when Mega Man is using Guts Man's strength.

Meh, not really. Then again I'm just taking other people's words for it, but either way Astro Boy is way above lifting a rock level. Mega Man isn't a push over strength wise admittedly but still

rangernumberx
10-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Still, the way I'm seeing it is maneuverability vs firepower. Looking at a quick glance at Astro Boy's abilities, he's "invulnerable to conventional physical injury", meaning that the Metal Blades, Mega Upper, and rocks thrown through Guts Man's power aren't going to be too useful. Still, Mega Man has the majority of his power ups being more energy based, such as Atomic Fire, Blizzard Attack and just the plain Mega Buster, which render this point moot. Add in powers such as Flash Man's time freezing, and I'm sure Mega Man will still find a way to win, especially seeing that somebody earlier said that Astro Boy has a weakness to electricity.

Faker
10-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Meh, not really. Then again I'm just taking other people's words for it, but either way Astro Boy is way above lifting a rock level. Mega Man isn't a push over strength wise admittedly but still

Here's a list of Astro Boys main abilities and weapons:

The ability to translate more than 60 languages
That'd be useless in the battle
Strength equivalent to 100,000 horsepower (75 MW)
Okay, I concede Astro Boy is physically stronger than even the Guts Man ability.
The ability to fly using jets in his legs and arms
Mega Man has dealt with flying opponents a number of times
Amplification of his hearing up to one thousand times
It's a neat touch, though I doubt it'd help much. Mega Man isn't known for hiding and sneak attacks.
Guns deployed from his posterior
Skull Barrier all the way bro.
Invulnerability to conventional physical injury
Not much to say here. The same goes for Mega Man :p
An electro-heart that can discern people's criminal intentions
Completely useless.
Bright eye-lamps to assist his vision
Useless, unless they're fighting in the dark, which I doubt.
Laser guns in his finger tips
I'm not saying they're specifically weak or anything, but rather generic don't you think?
Laser cannons in his arms
Seriously, Astro Boy is the most generic robot character you can think of. And besides, Mega Man has most of these types of weapons as well.
An extremely accurate electronic brain
Knowledge is power I guess..
Hyper Adaptive. Body increases in power to match and then exceed the capabilities of stronger combatants
Unfortunately, Astro Boy is fighting someone who battles with an arsenal, not pure power.

You see, Mega Man can do most of what Astro Boy can do, PLUS he has abilities that can easily counter Astro Boy's, and he has an ability for nearly any situation.

Lohuydahutt
11-11-2015, 10:38 PM
*sigh* that's what I waited all day for. My nervousness was in fact, justified. Yay downplay.

Oh well, next up is Green Arrow vs...

Well, that's kind of obvious. BUT WE DON'T KNOW YET SHHHHHHHHHH Edit: oh sorry, yeah, it's Hawkeye

KICK HIS ASS MANG :D

Mike Hat
11-11-2015, 11:04 PM
[Oh man, I actually guessed this battle's winner correctly. All of my friends IRL were on Mega Man's side, too. Tomorrow should be interesting... And whoo, Green Arrow vs. Hawkeye probably! (Who else would it be?) I think Hawkeye will take this one, but I'm okay either way. I'll do more research on the combatants and post something more thorough later probably.]

Juiz
11-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Can't we just openly talk, out of spoilers? This thread does have a spoiler tag in the name, so xD

Not really excited at all for the next battle, honestly. H****** wins in basically a stomp.

(Censoring juuussst in case it's decided that we do have to talk in spoilers regardless)

GonadTheNomad
11-12-2015, 12:30 AM
I don't really follow their respective comic book series, but if the Avengers movies/Arrow are any indication, Green Arrow is just Hawkeye, but way more adept at hand to hand.

Rocket
11-12-2015, 12:41 AM
[Isn't hawkeye just like the aquaman of the avengers tho

as in he's useless]

rangernumberx
11-12-2015, 02:03 AM
Well, I wasn't expecting that. But the facts are all there, and let's be honest: NOBODY expects the butt guns.

Howkeye vs Green Arrow...this is one me and my friend has been arguing about for a while. The problem is their entire skill set is so similar, it's probably going to be just one slight edge somewhere that tips it in their favour. Well, we'll see.

Turtlesauce
11-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Hawkeye vs Green Arrow.

Might as well be Hawkeye vs Green Hawkeye

Samos
11-12-2015, 02:57 PM
[Had a feeling Astro Boy would win after I heard the analysis of him.

I'm familiar with Hawkeye and Green Arrow but don't know a huge amount about them, so I'm excited for this one.]

GonadTheNomad
11-12-2015, 05:56 PM
I started watching Arrow recently so hype train choo choo

Also kinda unrelated to DB but this dude made this video: jD9h09ER-y4

Juiz
12-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Can't we just openly talk, out of spoilers? This thread does have a spoiler tag in the name, so xD

Not really excited at all for the next battle, honestly. H****** wins in basically a stomp.

(Censoring juuussst in case it's decided that we do have to talk in spoilers regardless)

And I was right :D
Next battle is gonna be awesome.

Charizard vs Greymon, fuck yeah.
Greymon will win, easily.

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 12:07 PM
I've only really seen Mewtwo vs Blackwargreymon before, but given they're both digi/evolved versions of one of the most well known characters of the series, it seems to match up from a link perspective. As to their actual abilities? I have no idea, so I'm rooting Charlizard simply out of series preference.

Also, from the space at the start of the trailer, I thought it would be Galactus vs Unicron.

Juiz
12-02-2015, 12:09 PM
I've only really seen Mewtwo vs Blackwargreymon before, but given they're both digi/evolved versions of one of the most well known characters of the series, it seems to match up from a link perspective. As to their actual abilities? I have no idea, so I'm rooting Charlizard simply out of series preference.

Also, from the space at the start of the trailer, I thought it would be Galactus vs Unicron.

It basically all just depends on if Greymon can Digivolve or not. It's basically confirmed from the trailer that Charizard will be able to Mega Evolve

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 12:14 PM
Do they...actually, that's a point. Do they have their trainers/whatever Digimon have? Because I don't think Charlizard has mega evolved without a trainer before.

Juiz
12-02-2015, 12:21 PM
Do they...actually, that's a point. Do they have their trainers/whatever Digimon have? Because I don't think Charlizard has mega evolved without a trainer before.

That's where it gets tricky. Unless it's outright Ash/Red and Charizard vs Tai and Agumon, then Charizard should not be able to Mega Evolve, as that is (in canon) something that requires a trainer (because of that friendship and love and shit)

Faker
12-02-2015, 12:23 PM
That's where it gets tricky. Unless it's outright Ash/Red and Charizard vs Tai and Agumon, then Charizard should not be able to Mega Evolve, as that is (in canon) something that requires a trainer (because of that friendship and love and shit)

I don't remember too much about Digimon, but wasn't that about friendship and love and shit too? I seem to remember a lot of sappy moments from both Pokemon and Digimon.

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 12:25 PM
There has been bypasses to that, though. I don't know how it was set up, but Mewtwo was able to mega evolve without a trainer. But yeah, the power of friendship, the deus ex machina of every work of fiction. Could you give me some stuff about the Digimon?

Juiz
12-02-2015, 12:32 PM
I don't remember too much about Digimon, but wasn't that about friendship and love and shit too? I seem to remember a lot of sappy moments from both Pokemon and Digimon.

What I meant was, in X+Y, didn't they say some shit about a Pokemon being able to Mega Evolve due to the bond it had with its trainer and shit?
--
Edit: "Professor Sycamore theorizes that Mega Evolution can only be achieved if there is a strong bond between a Trainer and its Pokémon."
--
I wasn't implying that either series was "sappy" or "friendshipy", and that another wasn't. They both have similar themes of friendship, yes.

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Also, does anyone recognize who it is on the poster behind Hawkeye at the start?

Juiz
12-02-2015, 01:28 PM
Also, does anyone recognize who it is on the poster behind Hawkeye at the start?

http://i.imgur.com/4jKalr0.png

This one?

It's from an old Maplestory update, Mark of Honor.

http://i.imgur.com/1oiJXea.png

Doubt it's any form of hint, they just added it to add it, I guess.

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 01:49 PM
I'm just wondering if either of those two would be good in a Death Battle, seeing that they did the item equivalent of name dropping with things like Sora's Keyblade. I've never played Maplestory.

Juiz
12-02-2015, 01:57 PM
I'm just wondering if either of those two would be good in a Death Battle, seeing that they did the item equivalent of name dropping with things like Sora's Keyblade. I've never played Maplestory.

Nah, they've done things like this before. It's just supposed to be like a billboard or advert. No Maplestory characters would really fit in a Death Battle anyways xD

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 01:59 PM
How can you be so certain? Surely there's one character with decent feats.

Juiz
12-02-2015, 02:04 PM
How can you be so certain? Surely there's one character with decent feats.

Because Maplestory doesn't really have that type of depth.
I can say with 90% certainty that it's just an advert, and nothing more :_

rangernumberx
12-02-2015, 02:56 PM
I've just watched the after-show talk (the one that lasts about 15 seconds or whatever) and realised that this next battle will be the last one of the series. I thought it would be Galactus vs Unicron, but whatever. Given that the last (and so far only) finale was Superman vs Goku, we can expect all the stops to be pulled out for this one. 3D animation, pro voice acting if their trainers are there as well, the works. I'm not sure how this can exactly hold up to the half an hour glory of Superman vs Goku (well, it's animation isn't great compared with the newer 3D battles, but it was still nice), but I hope they surprise me.

Also, no Ganondorf vs Dracula this season. Tis a sad, sad day.

Juiz
12-03-2015, 12:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pUdjGoe.png

2v2 confirmed

This one all comes down to how far Agumon is allowed to Digivolve. If they cap it at Greymon (As they only showed Greymon in the reveal), Charizard wins. If he can go higher, even if just to Wargreymon, Charizard loses.

Also, Red instead of Ash for the trainer, please and thank you.

rangernumberx
12-03-2015, 12:14 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pUdjGoe.png

2v2 confirmed

This one all comes down to how far Agumon is allowed to Digivolve. If they cap it at Greymon (As they only showed Greymon in the reveal), Charizard wins. If he can go higher, even if just to Wargreymon, Charizard loses.

Also, Red instead of Ash for the trainer, please and thank you.

Red has no dialogue, though. If they choose Ash, they'd add the whole dimension of not only Charlizard's personality in the show, but also how the trainers command and assist their monster of choice. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's the anime that really caused the Pokemon vs Digimon debate.

Also, about time they did a 2v2.

Juiz
12-03-2015, 12:20 PM
Red has no dialogue, though. If they choose Ash, they'd add the whole dimension of not only Charlizard's personality in the show, but also how the trainers command and assist their monster of choice. Plus, I'm pretty sure it's the anime that really caused the Pokemon vs Digimon debate.

Text box would be funny, though xD

I can see your point though, and honestly it makes much more sense. I'm just curious if there is a 3D model of Ash that exists already or not.
Also, does this mean we'll have to watch either Ash or Tai die? :( MY CHILDHOOD CAN'T TAKE THIS

rangernumberx
12-03-2015, 12:27 PM
Text box would be funny, though xD

I can see your point though, and honestly it makes much more sense. I'm just curious if there is a 3D model of Ash that exists already or not.
Also, does this mean we'll have to watch either Ash or Tai die? :( MY CHILDHOOD CAN'T TAKE THIS
Well, as far as we know it's just a battle between the monsters. Therefore, they could get away with killing oone of them and not the trainer, but they could easily also kill the trainers (I don't think either would take kindly to the death of their companion).

Juiz
12-03-2015, 12:28 PM
Well, as far as we know it's just a battle between the monsters. Therefore, they could get away with killing oone of them and not the trainer, but they could easily also kill the trainers (I don't think either would take kindly to the death of their companion).

The fact that they're there means that they're doing their thing and issuing commands, making this a battle of the Trainer and the monster, though.

rangernumberx
12-03-2015, 12:51 PM
True. Hey, does Tai control more than just Greymon? I got thinking that, since it's the finale, they may end up using Charizard vs Greymon as a front for what actually is a full team battle between some from Ash's roster and some from Tai's. This probably isn't the case, but I thought I'd ask. What do you guys think we'll see, given it's the big finale?

Juiz
12-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Nope. Each (I forgot if the kids/trainers have any title in Digimon, it's been years so..) kid/trainer has one Digimon.
At least that's how I remember it.

Lohuydahutt
12-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Fuck it, I don't feel like using spoilers so I won't.

No, it's probably going to be Red. He's the guy who appeared in the trailer and he DOES have dialogue in Pokemon Origins and the manga...

Also he's a way better trainer, so using Ash would basically be nerfing.

GonadTheNomad
12-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Couldn't they just, like, have one of them run the other dry of HP or whatever and have it literally be a Poké-Style KO?

Lohuydahutt
12-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Couldn't they just, like, have one of them run the other dry of HP or whatever and have it literally be a Poké-Style KO?

Well, they could but they won't =P

EDIT: check Torrian's twitter, it's going to be Red

Juiz
12-09-2015, 01:36 PM
EDIT: check Torrian's twitter, it's going to be Red

3ONbX2BOLFQ

More confirmation of it being Red.

rangernumberx
12-09-2015, 01:42 PM
3ONbX2BOLFQ

Well, this confirms several things.

1) Ash isn't being used, instead Red (sure Loh said this, but this is the first time it's confirmed on Youtube)

2) Full voice acting, including Natewantstobattle, the SSB4 announcer, and the voice of numerous anime characters Todd Haberkorn.

3) It's 3D (as if we hadn't already guessed). To me it looks kind of 'eh' from what we've seen, but it could just be the short clips. Also, it could be polished before release, which is quite likely.

Juiz
12-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Way to copy me :(

Anyways, calling it now, Agumon digivolves to Greymon, after fighting for a while, he gets knocked out of it, then Warp Digivolves to Metalgreymon. Charizard Mega Evolves, then Metalgreymon Digivolves to WarGreymon, for the victory.

If I'm wrong, I'll make my name Pinkie Pie or something for a month.

sane
12-09-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't think I've ever commented on this thread but fuck yeah I'm watching this.

Part of me thought Red and Charizard, because yeah they were fucking warriors in that anime. But looking back on it, the Digimon crew basically beat fucking Satan.

rangernumberx
12-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Anyways, calling it now, Agumon digivolves to Greymon, after fighting for a while, he gets knocked out of it, then Warp Digivolves to Metalgreymon. Charizard Mega Evolves, then Metalgreymon Digivolves to WarGreymon, for the victory.

I'm holding you to that.

Anyway, if they're only limiting it to a certain amount of forms, or if the method that Digivolves Agumon into one of the later forms is removed permanently in-show for whatever reason (I don't know) then I'm calling a Charizard victory, just for the sake of variety on this thread.

Mike Hat
12-09-2015, 02:31 PM
Guessing an Agumon victory myself. I agree it'll probably end as Mega Charizard X vs. Wargreymon. Should be fun.

rangernumberx
12-15-2015, 02:06 AM
So today (Tuesday 15th) at 8pm CST, they're going to be having a Death Battle Live alongside an early viewing of the battle, similar (I believe) to Yang vs Tifa. I won't be able to watch it, but will any of you guys do so?

Juiz
12-15-2015, 10:23 PM
[I guess you could say Red became Ash

Besides Metalgreymon, I got this one to a T. No name change for me :D

Also, Baeonetta confirmed for Season 3 of Death Battle.
Bayonetta vs Dante, for 100% sure.]

sane
12-15-2015, 11:23 PM
That was great. I called it

Rocket
12-16-2015, 12:10 AM
[Tai might have won this battle but in the end Red won because Pokemon killed their whole franchise]

rangernumberx
12-16-2015, 02:19 AM
[

Besides Metalgreymon, I got this one to a T. No name change for me :D

Well, you did get that wrong, but you also got the part about Charizard mega evolving after Agumon gets knocked out of a form wrong. Expect your name change in your PM box soon.

Also, now we see that not only do Digimon annihilate Pokemon, but the kids from the former universe can deal huge amounts of damage to kids from the other, despite the huge height advantage. Oh, and Tai has the greatest pre-fight line of all of Death Battle.]]

Faker
12-16-2015, 01:01 PM
[Yeah, I'm disappointed. As I said, I hate how they bring back an awesome character just to have them killed off again. The match up was extremely obvious; the only reason it was made is because of how popular it was.]

Juiz
12-16-2015, 01:07 PM
[I was half right, half wrong. Let's call it a wash :)
@Cryonic: Besides the Goku rematch, this is literally the only time they've brought somebody back to lose.
Leonardo won the Turtle royale, came back, beat Zitz.
Batman lost against Spiderman, came back, beat Captain America.
The Goku vs Superman rematch was made purely for the purpose of showing people why Goku couldn't win. It shouldn't have even been made tbh.
Samus doesn't count because it's just a remastering of the old battle.

The point is, you're talking as if it's a massively common thing they do, when it's not.]

Faker
12-16-2015, 01:13 PM
[I'm not taking it as massively common, I'm taking it as something annoying. After the piece of crap that was the Pokemon Battle Royale, I wanted a better representation of Charizard. They've made him into the buttmonkey of Death Battle.

I'm not saying they're at fault, because he obviously didn't have what it takes both time. In fact, I'm not blaming them for anything. All of this is from my end, and I have a right to be disappointed. Again, I'm not saying they did anything wrong, they just made decisions that I don't personally resonate with.]

Juiz
12-16-2015, 01:14 PM
[I'm not taking it as massively common, I'm taking it as something annoying. After the piece of crap that was the Pokemon Battle Royale, I wanted a better representation of Charizard. They've made him into the buttmonkey of Death Battle.

I'm not saying they're at fault, because he obviously didn't have what it takes both time. In fact, I'm not blaming them for anything. All of this is from my end, and I have a right to be disappointed. Again, I'm not saying they did anything wrong, they just made decisions that I don't personally resonate with.]

Actually, I'd say Goku is more of the buttmonkey of Death Battle, since they mention him dying whenever possible xD

Rocket
01-08-2016, 05:57 AM
I started watching a bit of Death Battle and some of it looks pretty enjoyable.

I'd really like to see Yuki (Vampire Knight) against Marceline (Adventure Time) and Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) VS Bayonetta. Makes for some good matchups

Juiz
01-08-2016, 01:34 PM
I started watching a bit of Death Battle and some of it looks pretty enjoyable.

I'd really like to see Yuki (Vampire Knight) against Marceline (Adventure Time) and Homura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica) VS Bayonetta. Makes for some good matchups

Bayonetta was confirmed to appear this next season, but she's more than likely against Dante

Mike Hat
01-08-2016, 02:02 PM
Bayonetta vs. Dante seems a little one sided. I still think it's the most likely to happen but I would prefer someone like Pit to be her opponent.

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
Bayonetta vs. Dante seems a little one sided. I still think it's the most likely to happen but I would prefer someone like Pit to be her opponent.

One-sided on Bayonetta or Dante's part? As much as I love Pit, he would get creamed in this fight. Dante has more than enough to take on Bayonetta.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:13 PM
One-sided on Bayonetta or Dante's part? As much as I love Pit, he would get creamed in this fight. Dante has more than enough to take on Bayonetta.

One-sided on Bae-onetta's side.

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:19 PM
One-sided on Bae-onetta's side.

I don't think it's as big a stomp as you think.

They both have very similar abilities, but from what's been seen canonically, Dante can take a lot more than Bayonetta can. Bayonetta has strong powers, but I don't think any of them in particular give her an advantage.

I say the same for Dante, though; it won't just be a single ability that wins it. This is a Hawkeye vs Green Arrow situation, it will come down to everything they have.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:22 PM
I don't think it's as big a stomp as you think.

They both have very similar abilities, but from what's been seen canonically, Dante can take a lot more than Bayonetta can. Bayonetta has strong powers, but I don't think any of them in particular give her an advantage.

I say the same for Dante, though; it won't just be a single ability that wins it. This is a Hawkeye vs Green Arrow situation, it will come down to everything they have.

I never called it a stomp, I said it was one-sided.
One-sided =/= Stomp, just like Stomp =/= God-stomp.

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:23 PM
I never called it a stomp, I said it was one-sided.
One-sided =/= Stomp, just like Stomp =/= God-stomp.

I've never even heard of the phrase god-stomp. One-sided definitely carries the same connotation as the term stomp, as they both mean that there's a definite obvious victor. I don't think the winner is that obvious.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:24 PM
I've never even heard of the phrase god-stomp. One-sided definitely carries the same connotation as the term stomp, as they both mean that there's a definite obvious victor. I don't think the winner is that obvious.

One sided is as it sounds, a fight that has one side on the offense for most of the fight.
A Stomp is a fight where one fighter dominates the fight
A God-stomp is Superman vs a Goomba

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:27 PM
One sided is as it sounds, a fight that has one side on the offense for most of the fight.
A Stomp is a fight where one fighter dominates the fight
A God-stomp is Superman vs a Goomba

Oh, I always looked at "one sided" as one particular fighter always has the upperhand. But yours makes much more sense.

Yeah, Dante is definitely the more lax one. I can definitely see Bayonetta unleashing her fury almost as soon as the battle begins.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Oh, I always looked at "one sided" as one particular fighter always has the upperhand. But yours makes much more sense.

Yeah, Dante is definitely the more lax one. I can definitely see Bayonetta unleashing her fury almost as soon as the battle begins.

Not to mention Witch Time is better than Quicksilver.
Also, if they use reboot Dante, who is part Angel.. well.. yeah.

People argue that Dante is more durable, based on what we seen ingame, but the moments that we see his durability are due to him fucking up and getting hit.

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Not to mention Witch Time is better than Quicksilver.
Also, if they use reboot Dante, who is part Angel.. well.. yeah.

People argue that Dante is more durable, based on what we seen ingame, but the moments that we see his durability are due to him fucking up and getting hit.

I have a feeling Quicksilver and Witch Time would sorta cancel each other out if they are both used at once. One slows down everything else, the other speeds up the user.

For the most part, Dante is seen getting hurt because he gets cocky, but he does fight for real in a match against someone who actually stands a chance against him. Meanwhile, Bayonetta is practically oozing overconfidence.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:46 PM
I have a feeling Quicksilver and Witch Time would sorta cancel each other out if they are both used at once. One slows down everything else, the other speeds up the user.

For the most part, Dante is seen getting hurt because he gets cocky, but he does fight for real in a match against someone who actually stands a chance against him. Meanwhile, Bayonetta is practically oozing overconfidence.

Cockyness is a major piece of CIS that would absolutely be used in a debate of who would win.

If I recall correctly, Quicksilver has more of a usage limit than Witch Time (That being said, I haven't played either game in quite a while, so I'd have to play them both again to remember for a fact.

All I remember is the fact that this was a major debate on one of the Death Battle groups I was in, and it was almost unanimous that Bae wins, even more if they use reboot Dante.

All that being said, I can't wait to see this one, if it's happening. It's without a doubt going to be 3D, which means it will be great.

Faker
01-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Cockyness is a major piece of CIS that would absolutely be used in a debate of who would win.

If I recall correctly, Quicksilver has more of a usage limit than Witch Time (That being said, I haven't played either game in quite a while, so I'd have to play them both again to remember for a fact.

All I remember is the fact that this was a major debate on one of the Death Battle groups I was in, and it was almost unanimous that Bae wins, even more if they use reboot Dante.

All that being said, I can't wait to see this one, if it's happening. It's without a doubt going to be 3D, which means it will be great.

I'm excited too. After spilling some salt once Bayo was announced for Smash, I did all the research I could on her.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm excited too. After spilling some salt once Bayo was announced for Smash, I did all the research I could on her.

Excellent :)

I'm so excited for this season in general. So many battles that are basically going to happen, like the Naruto/Luffy/Ichigo battle (No idea why, but I'm actually excited for it, just because how weeby it is.) and Galactus vs Unicron.

Dion
01-08-2016, 03:57 PM
So many battles that are basically going to happen, like the Naruto/Luffy/Ichigo battle (No idea why, but I'm actually excited for it, just because how weeby it is.)

I've been waiting for that battle because it's been a long time coming.

Juiz
01-08-2016, 03:58 PM
I've been waiting for that battle because it's been a long time coming.

If I recall correctly, Naruto vs Luffy won in the poll, so it's more than likely just that one.

Regardless, should be good.

rangernumberx
01-08-2016, 04:00 PM
If I recall correctly, Naruto vs Luffy won in the poll, so it's more than likely just that one.

Regardless, should be good.

Excuse me, but what poll was this?

Juiz
01-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Excuse me, but what poll was this?

They had a poll, I think via hashtag or just an actual poll, on Twitter, for either Naruto vs Luffy, Luffy vs Ichigo, or Ichigo vs Naruto

rangernumberx
01-21-2016, 02:39 AM
They were talking about Death Battle in their latest podcast. Apparently the first one is currently being written, it's coming out in March, and it's *censored* vs Bayonetta. The only thing we really know about *censored* is that it's a person, but I'm still going for Dante.

In more miscellaneous news, they have expanded the Death Battle team, including getting a new researcher, and Ragna the Bloodedge vs Sol Badguy is considered their worst one throughout the office.

Juiz
02-28-2016, 12:37 PM
bBn1o9ek8Tk
[Dante vs Bayonetta, confirmed]

rangernumberx
02-28-2016, 12:51 PM
[I would say 'called it', but I think that was the most popular guess. Either way, that trailer has me really hyped up for the battle, even though I know very little about both.

Also, while I didn't post it here, the most recent Desk of Death Battle (the one with the title about Wolverine's sexuality) ended with Jocelyn stating how she was going to research the Mushroom Kingdom, saying that another Mario character is going to fight early on in this season. I think the only real candidate is Bowser.]

Juiz
02-28-2016, 12:56 PM
[I would say 'called it', but I think that was the most popular guess. Either way, that trailer has me really hyped up for the battle, even though I know very little about both.

Also, while I didn't post it here, the most recent Desk of Death Battle (the one with the title about Wolverine's sexuality) ended with Jocelyn stating how she was going to research the Mushroom Kingdom, saying that another Mario character is going to fight early on in this season. I think the only real candidate is Bowser.]

[Oh yeah, it has to be Bowser, for sure.]

Mike Hat
02-28-2016, 01:16 PM
Oh boy. This battle sounds like an absolute stomp, but maybe our newly-revealed combatant has some tricks up their sleeve I don't know about...

On a different topic, I know it's not exactly the same thing, but did you guys hear about One Minute Melee officially splitting from Screw Attack? They uploaded an even more epic version of Ippo vs. Little Mac than the one on the regular channel.

Juiz
02-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Oh boy. This battle sounds like an absolute stomp, but maybe our newly-revealed combatant has some tricks up their sleeve I don't know about...

On a different topic, I know it's not exactly the same thing, but did you guys hear about One Minute Melee officially splitting from Screw Attack? They uploaded an even more epic version of Ippo vs. Little Mac than the one on the regular channel.

Wait what? I did not hear about that. I'll have to look that up.

Hey all! It seems some rumors have been floating around, so we’re here to clear things up. It is true that One Minute Melee (OMM) will no longer be hosted on ScrewAttack. For OMM’s run on ScrewAttack, we were in business with its owner and creator, Mali De’lisser, and only him. We contracted Mali on a season by season basis and gave him plenty of creative freedom. He decided on his own accord to subcontract other animators to produce some of the episodes. Which is fine, lots of businesses do this, but this means ScrewAttack was not involved with them at all regarding OMM. Mali was the one responsible for managing them, determining their pay and providing it to them.

Regarding the accusation of poor treatment, it’s extremely important to us that animators feel they’re receiving everything they deserve. As soon as we found out the subcontractors were not happy with the situation, we immediately opened a discussion with them to change it. The structure in place was creating miscommunication and we were hesitant to continue our professional relationship with Mali. We decided that for future projects we wanted to work directly with animators, like we do with Death Battle. We chose not to renew OMM and wished Mali well with his show in the future. In addition, we informed the subcontracted animators that if they’d like to work with us directly on other projects in the future, we’d be happy to work around their upcoming animation schedules with Hyper Gauge. Similar to how we work around the school schedules of contracted animators who are also students. By no means were we trying to “split the group up.” We only wished to provide them with additional opportunities, because honestly we love their talent and dedication to their trade. Unfortunately, we learned that should one of these animators take up our offer, they would be removed from Hyper Gauge. We wish things could have ended on better terms, and it’s a shame that Mali felt the need to withhold so much of the OMM finale. That’s extremely disappointing.

Regardless, we wish each of these animators all the best going forward. They are always welcome to take us up on our offer should Hyper Gauge change its policy.

Hopefully this helps bring some clarity to the situation. Thank you!
- Craig Skistimas, Ben Singer, Chad James

Mike Hat
02-28-2016, 01:49 PM
As usual in these situations, each side is doing a little mud-slinging at the other. It's hard to tell who's really being more upfront in this situation, but oh well. I guess I'll continue to support them both.

Rocket
02-28-2016, 03:22 PM
[Oh yeah, it has to be Bowser, for sure.]

[Could it be Rosalina?

Anyway, good to see more death battles soon.]

Samos
02-28-2016, 07:26 PM
[Don't know much about either of the new candidates but hey coo

And if it is Bowser that's going to be in a Death Battle soon, the first opponent that comes to mind is Ganondorf. I've seen Bowser vs. Big Daddy somewhere though, that would be a fun contrast.]

Lohuydahutt
02-28-2016, 07:30 PM
[Don't know much about either of the new candidates but hey coo

And if it is Bowser that's going to be in a Death Battle soon, the first opponent that comes to mind is Ganondorf. I've seen Bowser vs. Big Daddy somewhere though, that would be a fun contrast.]

[I'd prefer Bowser vs DeDeDe or K Rool personally (or both :3) and Ganondorf against Castlevania Dracula.]

Mike Hat
02-28-2016, 07:37 PM
[Ganondorf vs. Bowser would be okay, but I agree Ganondorf vs. Dracula would be a cooler fight. Bowser though I'm not sure, Dedede or K Rool would work but they don't really make me super excited like Ganondorf vs. Dracula does]

Juiz
03-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Awwwyeah, got to see it two days early 'cause I'm an RT Sponsor :D
[Was a great fight. Very well animated, and I love the fact that they managed to tie in their new One Minute Melee replacement show.
After this battle was confirmed, I decided to do a bit more research on the two, and was pleased when ][Dante] [won. Also, next time on Death Battle: ][Bowser] [confirmed ]

Lohuydahutt
03-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Well, that was a thing. Didn't have much investment in either character but it was still entertaining at least. I had no idea what the fuck was going on most of the time but still.

As for the next fight... Looks like it's Bowser time babies! It looks like his most likely opponent is Ganon, especially considering this tweet by Ben https://twitter.com/ScrewAttackBen/status/689160842844196864 but hey, maybe it's for a different LoZ battle. Maybe. Honestly there aren't that many super Death Battle worthy characters not named Ganon in the series left but shrug. Ganon vs Bowser wouldn't be my first choice but I'll take it. I like both characters, just think both have better match-ups. From what I gather, Bowser actually has a pretty good chance of taking it if that's the fight... unless Death Battle goes the bullshit "can only be harmed by holy weapons" route any way. But hey, I like both so I won't be TOO saddened by either losing. If it's Bowser vs King DeDeDe which I'd prefer, I also would be happy either way so yeah.

Samos
03-16-2016, 06:36 PM
[Awesome battle, even though I don't know either very well.

I'm a Nintendo guy so if it's Bowser vs. any classic Nintendo villain (although my guess is probably Ganondorf), I'm probably going to love it. Even if it's Bowser vs. a non-Nintendo guy, it'll still be cool for me to see Bowser.]

Juiz
03-21-2016, 01:20 PM
[Bowser vs Ganon, confirmed
Can't say I'm really too pleased with it, would have preferred Bowser vs DeeDeeDee and Ganondorf vs Dracula, but I guess if we're getting Ganon instead of Ganondorf, it works out.]

Lohuydahutt
03-21-2016, 04:53 PM
[Bowser vs Ganon, confirmed
Can't say I'm really too pleased with it, would have preferred Bowser vs DeeDeeDee and Ganondorf vs Dracula, but I guess if we're getting Ganon instead of Ganondorf, it works out.]

are you SURE it's just going to be Ganon? Because not using anything from his 'Dorf feats would really only hurt his chances (not to mention the fact that 'Dorf is the more well known form these days). From what I hear about Bowser, Ganon's the underdog to begin with, as the only argument he has is the "can't be harmed by anything but the master sword" argument.

Juiz
03-21-2016, 05:04 PM
are you SURE it's just going to be Ganon? Because not using anything from his 'Dorf feats would really only hurt his chances (not to mention the fact that 'Dorf is the more well known form these days). From what I hear about Bowser, Ganon's the underdog to begin with, as the only argument he has is the "can't be harmed by anything but the master sword" argument.

[At the end of Bowsers preview, they referred to him as Ganon, not Ganondorf. The two are different enough to the point where name dropping him as one of the two is a pretty big detail]

Faker
03-21-2016, 05:09 PM
[At the end of Bowsers preview, they referred to him as Ganon, not Ganondorf. The two are different enough to the point where name dropping him as one of the two is a pretty big detail]

[Seems like it.

If Bowser gets his giant ability from Bowser's Inside Story, and especially use of Broque's dog attack (forgot the name), I think this will be a victory for Bowser.

And given his giant form appears in the "Next Time" thing, I think he will get that ability.]

Lohuydahutt
03-21-2016, 05:13 PM

Mmmmm... nope, I do not see that as enough evidence to completely discount 'Dorf. It's more likely that they just consider his Ganon form to be stronger so they'll use that as the main focus. After all, Ganon and Ganondorf ARE the same character.

Faker
03-21-2016, 05:16 PM
Mmmmm... nope, I do not see that as enough evidence to completely discount 'Dorf. It's more likely that they just consider his Ganon form to be stronger so they'll use that as the main focus. After all, Ganon and Ganondorf ARE the same character.

[So is Demise.

Oh please let us have Demise.]/

Lohuydahutt
03-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Oh hey, here's some evidence for the presence of 'Dorf, straight from the animator's mouth (yes this is going to be 2D and no that doesn't surprise me)

https://twitter.com/Donimations/status/712043369174835200

I looked up that guy's DeviantArt page, he doesn't have any beast Ganon sprites. This basically indicates what I considered to be the most likely scenario to begin with, being 'Dorf as the main fighter and Ganon as a special form taken towards the end of the fight

rangernumberx
03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
[So, the second preview trailer has just been put out. They are noting the difference between Ganondorf the man and Ganon the monster, so I assume that they will only be using the feats of the latter given they are constantly referring to the fighter as 'Ganon'.]

Juiz
03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
[So, the second preview trailer has just been put out. They are noting the difference between Ganondorf the man and Ganon the monster, so I assume that they will only be using the feats of the latter given they are constantly referring to the fighter as 'Ganon'.]

Well, as Log said earlier, the animator for this one showed a sprite sheet of the former, so he's being used as a whole.

Lohuydahutt
03-30-2016, 01:33 PM
Also consider how the picture on his preview was Hyrule Warriors 'Dorf. I imagine they'd use a different pic if it was literally only beast Ganon.

Mike Hat
03-30-2016, 03:11 PM
All right, I'm gonna talk about the match without spoilering now since both contestants were officially revealed.

[My first instinct was that this battle would be a stomp in Ganon(dorf?)'s favor, because I was under the impression that he could only be harmed by divine weapons, and I don't think Bowser owns any of those unless the Star Rod or something qualifies. However, I've been led to believe that Bowser could put up a far more interesting fight than I'd first thought. Some evidence seems to show Ganon(dorf?) being harmed by arrows and the like, which are obviously not divine in nature. This means that, even if he can't be killed by them, he can be harmed by a powerful enough blow regardless of its divinity. Secondly, Bowser has shown many feats of immense strength, including punching asteroids/planets/whatever they were out of orbit in the Galaxy games, and surviving dips into lava. This shows Bowser is a powerful and durable opponent. I still want to give the edge to Ganon(dorf?) as I am unsure as to how Bowser could actually finish him off but I won't be surprised if Bowser wins.]

Faker
03-30-2016, 04:47 PM
All right, I'm gonna talk about the match without spoilering now since both contestants were officially revealed.

[My first instinct was that this battle would be a stomp in Ganon(dorf?)'s favor, because I was under the impression that he could only be harmed by divine weapons, and I don't think Bowser owns any of those unless the Star Rod or something qualifies. However, I've been led to believe that Bowser could put up a far more interesting fight than I'd first thought. Some evidence seems to show Ganon(dorf?) being harmed by arrows and the like, which are obviously not divine in nature. This means that, even if he can't be killed by them, he can be harmed by a powerful enough blow regardless of its divinity. Secondly, Bowser has shown many feats of immense strength, including punching asteroids/planets/whatever they were out of orbit in the Galaxy games, and surviving dips into lava. This shows Bowser is a powerful and durable opponent. I still want to give the edge to Ganon(dorf?) as I am unsure as to how Bowser could actually finish him off but I won't be surprised if Bowser wins.]

[Remember as well, Bowser has digested the Vacuum shroom, and can grow to a size that far out classes anything Ganondorf or just Ganon could achieve.]

Lohuydahutt
03-30-2016, 06:18 PM
[Also, I think it's kind of ridiculous to assume Ganon can only be harmed by divine weapons even if it's the only thing that has harmed him in the main series. If you put Ganon against Superman do you REALLY think he's just going to tank a punch unscathed? It's just a ridiculous no limits fallacy, and from what I've heard Bowser pretty much outclasses Ganon in almost every conceivable aspects sans intelligence]

rangernumberx
03-30-2016, 06:29 PM
[There is a difference between being unable to harm and being unable to kill. I think I read somewhere that in the final fight with Ganon in Ocarina of Time, you can hurt him all you want with the megaton hammer, the biggoron hammer, and your sticks, you are completely unable to finish him off without the Master Sword. It's kind of similar to the last battle: Bayonetta could hurt Dante, she just didn't have any means to kill him.]

Lohuydahutt
03-30-2016, 06:44 PM
[There is a difference between being unable to harm and being unable to kill. I think I read somewhere that in the final fight with Ganon in Ocarina of Time, you can hurt him all you want with the megaton hammer, the biggoron hammer, and your sticks, you are completely unable to finish him off without the Master Sword. It's kind of similar to the last battle: Bayonetta could hurt Dante, she just didn't have any means to kill him.]

[Well, I don't 100% buy into Bayo vs Dante but that's besides the point, I can safely say Bowser's strength>>>>>>>>>Link's hammers. If Ganondorf has never had to tank anything on Bowser's level is there really any reason to ASSUME that he could tank Bowser's hits just because he couldn't be killed by the weaker stuff Link had? Ganondorf's obviously WEAK to holy weapons but is he really immune to literally anything other than holy weapons outside of the Zelda universe? It's just stupid. Also, to be completely honest, OK, maybe Bowser's gonna have a hard time finishing Ganondorf off. But Bowser has tanked some crazy shit, is their any actual indication that Ganondorf has the power to kill Bowser either? I don't think so.]

Mike Hat
03-30-2016, 06:46 PM
[Right, I'm still not sure how Bowser could finish Ganon(dorf?) off without divine assistance, which is why I think the battle still skews slightly in favor of him. But yeah, Bowser's definitely stronger and more durable, probably faster too although I'm not really positive what quantifiable feats we have there. Definitely pulling for Bowser to win this one, at any rate, just because he's such a goofy villain most of the time compared to Ganon(dorf?), who I feel like is probably Nintendo's most serious major villain besides maybe Ridley.]

Lohuydahutt
03-30-2016, 06:56 PM
[Honestly, I wouldn't put it past Death Battle to use the holy weapon NLF to justify a Ganon win but it's completely stupid and forever will be stupid and I will stand by that fact =P]

Rocket
03-30-2016, 07:01 PM
[Not sure about this one. Are they going to use this battle to amend for the Peach VS Zelda fiasco or will it be another Luigi VS Tails?]

Lohuydahutt
04-03-2016, 11:49 AM
[Here's a good source for an idea of what Bowser is capable of by the way. It's highly doubtful that all of the equipment and stuff they bring up will actually be used but it does give a good idea about his feats and such http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2016/03/death-battle-analysis-bowser.html]

Also I just did the free trial for the screwattack sponsor thing for this fight, let's hope it's worth it :3 (It's coming out in a few minutes apparently)

rangernumberx
04-03-2016, 11:51 AM
[Here's a good source for an idea of what Bowser is capable of by the way. It's highly doubtful that all of the equipment and stuff they bring up will actually be used but it does give a good idea about his feats and such http://ulltraguy.blogspot.com/2016/03/death-battle-analysis-bowser.html

Also I just did the free trial for the screwattack sponsor thing for this fight, let's hope it's worth it :3 (It's coming out in a few minutes apparently)

That URL isn't working at all for me.

Lohuydahutt
04-03-2016, 11:52 AM
That URL isn't working at all for me.

oops, fixed xP there was a ] tacked at the end for no god damn reason

[andddddddddd they went with the bullshit route, of fucking course they did. Ganon can beat Superman confirmed.

Ratchet and Clank are up next against...

Oh come the fuck on you know who it's going to be against.]

Juiz
04-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Not entirely surprised, honestly.

Also, [Finally, Ratchet and Clank vs Jak and Daxter. Woo.]

Faker
04-03-2016, 01:10 PM
[This was your chance to prove me wrong about you Screw Attack, and you screwed up. XP

If that was the deciding factor, what was the point of doing the match up at all? It doesn't take a scientist to find out the whole "only holy weapons can kill him" thing. Obviously Bowser doesn't have a weapon line that.

This is Pokemon vs Digimon all over again.]

Rocket
04-03-2016, 04:25 PM
[Like i said, they had no reason to do it. Just amending peach vs zelda, which is their most disliked video (besides gok vs sperman)]

Mike Hat
04-03-2016, 06:32 PM
This seems to be the most controversial battle in a LOOOOONG time. I know a few people who say they're boycotting the show now, actually...

At least I'm far more excited for the next battle than I was for this one, or for Dante vs. Bayonetta. Or Pokemon vs. Digimon. Actually, I can't remember the last time I've been legitimately excited for a battle...

Faker
04-05-2016, 03:04 PM
[I've been looking around online, and saw a big point that I agree with. I kinda had an opinion of my own, but I wasn't 100% certain, but it seems other people agree.

The fact Ganondorf used that curse, and that it was actually able to kill Bowser is complete and utter bullshit.

That curse was used literally only once by Ganondorf, and it was offscreen. We don't know how he did it, how long it takes to cast, what it can affect, or even what conditions have to be met for it to be used and for the target to be effected by it. There was almost no canon-reasoning or information behind it at all, so to use that as a deciding factor is ridiculous.

Plus, once afflicted by the curse, the Great Deku Tree died over time, it wasn't completely instant.

And was Bowser's Inside Story completely forgotten? He's had tons of things inside him trying to kill him. Sure, a majority of them were defeated with the help of Mario and Luigi, but Bowser's body has its own creations that are more than capable of fighting back.

Gohma is a first boss, with an obvious weak spot and can be killed in record time. Some of the monsters inside Bowser's body have insane stats, and they could easily overtake Gohma.

And the argument "no outside help" can't be used. Once Gohma was in, all of Bowser's baddies were fair game.

Just complete and utter bs.]

Juiz
04-05-2016, 03:11 PM
[I've been looking around online, and saw a big point that I agree with. I kinda had an opinion of my own, but I wasn't 100% certain, but it seems other people agree.

The fact Ganondorf used that curse, and that it was actually able to kill Bowser is complete and utter bullshit.

That curse was used literally only once by Ganondorf, and it was offscreen. We don't know how he did it, how long it takes to cast, what it can affect, or even what conditions have to be met for it to be used and for the target to be effected by it. There was almost no canon-reasoning or information behind it at all, so to use that as a deciding factor is ridiculous.

Plus, once afflicted by the curse, the Great Deku Tree died over time, it wasn't completely instant.

And was Bowser's Inside Story completely forgotten? He's had tons of things inside him trying to kill him. Sure, a majority of them were defeated with the help of Mario and Luigi, but Bowser's body has its own creations that are more than capable of fighting back.

Gohma is a first boss, with an obvious weak spot and can be killed in record time. Some of the monsters inside Bowser's body have insane stats, and they could easily overtake Gohma.

And the argument "no outside help" can't be used. Once Gohma was in, all of Bowser's baddies were fair game.

Just complete and utter bs.]

[The battle shown is for entertainment purposes. Them talking about the curse being used post-battle was just because it was used in the battle, as a recap, something they've always done. Essentially, they were just saying what happened for those who may not know, because it wasn't really 100% clear. There are many, many other ways they could have had Ganon beat Bowser, they just chose to show what they thought was the most entertaining.]

[Also, it was essentially strength/brute force vs intelligence/strategy, something that the latter almost always wins. I don't know how anyone is really surprised.]

Rocket
04-05-2016, 03:17 PM
[I personally think the curse was a time lapse. Like, Bowser thinks he's won and he's there for a good few hours or so before it happens. They obviously don't show the whole duration because that's boring as fuck. Not really sure whether I agree with the result yet still. I wanted Bowser to win going into it though. I also think there would be a lot more backlash from LoZ fans if Bowser did win because that's 2 SMB vs LoZ battles that the LoZ side lost when they could've won. I also wasn't that big a fan of the matchup either. I just felt it was amendment.]

Juiz
04-05-2016, 03:18 PM
[I personally think the curse was a time lapse. Like, Bowser thinks he's won and he's there for a good few hours or so before it happens. They obviously don't show the whole duration because that's boring as fuck. Not really sure whether I agree with the result yet still. I wanted Bowser to win going into it though. I also think there would be a lot more backlash from LoZ fans if Bowser did win because that's 2 SMB vs LoZ battles that the LoZ side lost when they could've won. I also wasn't that big a fan of the matchup either. I just felt it was amendment.]

[Yeah, honestly, the match-up in general shouldn't have happened. Deedeedee or K Rool would have been much better opponents for Bowser]

Lohuydahutt
04-05-2016, 04:48 PM
[Again, the idea that Ganondorf can't be killed by anything other than the Master Sword is complete and utter horseshit. It's literally saying there is absolutely no level of force that can kill Ganon. So if Ganon fought Galactus, he would be completely fine. By Death Battle's logic Ganondorf could beat Galactus by not dying and casting a death curse, does that seem stupid to you? Because it's REALLY stupid to me. If the "death curse" takes hours to work then Ganon should be dead by then, plain and simple. Being smarter isn't going to fix things if you're outclassed in pretty much every other way. I don't see Raiden beating Thor any time soon after all. I guess I will just have to put this towards the top of my list of death battles I disagree with, easily top 5 =P]

Juiz
04-05-2016, 04:51 PM
[Again, the idea that Ganondorf can't be killed by anything other than the Master Sword is complete and utter horseshit. It's literally saying there is absolutely no level of force that can kill Ganon. So if Ganon fought Galactus, he would be completely fine. By Death Battle's logic Ganondorf could beat Galactus by not dying and casting a death curse, does that seem stupid to you? Because it's REALLY stupid to me. If the "death curse" takes hours to work then Ganon should be dead by then, plain and simple. Being smarter isn't going to fix things if you're outclassed in pretty much every other way. I don't see Raiden beating Thor any time soon after all. I guess I will just have to put this towards the top of my list of death battles I disagree with, easily top 5 =P]

[Yeah, I honestly can't stand when they put characters that can't die by certain specific means in Death Battle. It makes no sense at all, especially when they're put against someone that doesn't have those means to begin with.]

Faker
04-05-2016, 04:59 PM
[Yeah, I honestly can't stand when they put characters that can't die by certain specific means in Death Battle. It makes no sense at all, especially when they're put against someone that doesn't have those means to begin with.]

[Exactly. It's why I absolutely disliked the Pokemon vs Digimon battle.

It's slightly different, but in essence it's a similar premise. Wargreymon was literally built to completely destroy dragons. It was a matchup for the sake of being a matchup.]

Juiz
04-05-2016, 05:02 PM
[Exactly. It's why I absolutely disliked the Pokemon vs Digimon battle.

It's slightly different, but in essence it's a similar premise. Wargreymon was literally built to completely destroy dragons. It was a matchup for the sake of being a matchup.]

[Exactly. That one specifically, more than most of the other ones similar to it, makes the least sense, since one of them is specifically able to destroy the other while being near invulnerable to their opponents attacks. It's illogical.]

[But, at the same time, battles like that were bound to happen, because of how highly requested they are. It's similar to Goku vs Superman, the second one. They explicitly did it again just to show how outclassed Goku is, even with his new forms.]

Dion
04-06-2016, 08:19 AM
So yeah... I thought that Death Battle was really lame.

rangernumberx
04-06-2016, 08:57 AM
So yeah... I thought that Death Battle was really lame.

Yeah, for one they wanted to do for a long time, I was left vastly underwhelmed. Hopefully it's so they can put more time and effort into the next battle, but still. I expected more, much more.

Dion
04-06-2016, 09:02 AM
Battles that are extremely one sided leave a really bad taste in my mouth.

Like, what's the point of even doing it if it's just going to be in big favor of one character? The worst Death Battle I think they did is Beast vs Goliath. It was just so dull and predictable and just super pointless.

rangernumberx
04-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Battles that are extremely one sided leave a really bad taste in my mouth.

Like, what's the point of even doing it if it's just going to be in big favor of one character? The worst Death Battle I think they did is Beast vs Goliath. It was just so dull and predictable and just super pointless.

As I wasn't familiar with either character, I didn't see it so much as predictable. However, it was one of the dullest battles, leading me to believe that it was essentially the equivalent of a filler battle.

Faker
04-06-2016, 11:43 AM
[Holy weapons only, Deku curse my ass.

I understand it's just a visual representation of what could happen, but that doesn't mean they could just ignore realism in the battle. It's hardly entertaining to watch a fighter die in a blatantly improbable and/or impossible way. That Gohma death was bs, and even hardcover Ganondorf fans and supporters have been calling them out on it.

It's like if they did Superman vs Goku and Superman killed Goku by kicking throwing him from an incredible height to the ground.

Yes, Superman can definitely defeat Goku, but everyone knows Goku could survive an attack line that. Similarly, there's no way, no evidence that the cuse could defeat or even affect Bowser.]

Lohuydahutt
04-09-2016, 06:12 PM
[Looks like we know what our next match-up is https://twitter.com/ScrewAttack/status/718816006433583104

From what I hear, all signs say Ratchet and Clank SHOULD win but my confidence in them getting the right verdict isn't exactly as high as it used to be, so I guess we'll see how it goes]

Juiz
04-25-2016, 12:44 PM
[I won't talk about the battle or anything because it's not public yet, but the next battle... I'm not looking forward to it at all xD Such a predictable fight, it's down-right one-sided.]

Faker
04-25-2016, 01:31 PM
[I won't talk about the battle or anything because it's not public yet, but the next battle... I'm not looking forward to it at all xD Such a predictable fight, it's down-right one-sided.]

Aw, now you've got me all curious about the next match up. ;-;

PM me? :3

Juiz
04-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Aw, now you've got me all curious about the next match up. ;-;

PM me? :3

You want a hint, or the full matchup?

Faker
04-25-2016, 01:32 PM
You want a hint, or the full matchup?

Jesus Christmas you respond fast. X3

Full is fine. This isn't necessarily a series I'm obsessively invested in so I don't mind. :3

Mike Hat
04-25-2016, 01:50 PM
I know they announced one of the combatants, but did they announce the other?

Juiz
04-25-2016, 01:51 PM
I know they announced one of the combatants, but did they announce the other?

Nope, but it's pretty obvious who it's going to be. xD

Lohuydahutt
04-25-2016, 01:54 PM
Well, yeah it's going to be pretty obvious who the other guy is. Oh well, at the very least

[DC can finally get a win again]

Juiz
04-25-2016, 01:55 PM
Well, yeah it's going to be pretty obvious who the other guy is. Oh well, at the very least

[DC can finally get a win again]

I know, right? :D

Mike Hat
04-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Literally the only opponent I can think that would be an interesting, non-stomp opponent is

[Saitama]

Lohuydahutt
04-25-2016, 02:03 PM
Literally the only opponent I can think that would be an interesting, non-stomp opponent is

[Saitama]

[Nah, Flash would rek that guy too tbh, he's only really OP in the context of his own series =P]

rangernumberx
04-27-2016, 09:24 AM
[Well, it's public now. I liked it. I felt like they could somehow have put a bit more in the battle, like utilize Clank's time immunity powers more or somehow give Daxter a bit more time in the spotlight or, something I'm disappointed they didn't do, utilize that disco gun. But otherwise, it was a good episode, with solid analysis I thought (but then again, I know virtually nothing on either series). As for the next battle, Flash could...erm, he could be against...eh, who am I kidding, it's most likely Quicksilver he's up against. I did a little bit of research on characters with super speed, seeing if there was any other major foes he could take on, but besides from possibly somehow Sonic (extremely unlikely) Quicksilver is the only likely option. Also, both of their top speeds range widely among their incarnations, but Flash almost always seems to be faster than Quicksilver, almost to stomp levels. As this is a battle of those who only use speed, it's pretty clear who is going to win.

Also, give me Darkseid vs Thanos or Hulk vs Doomsday any day over Flash vs Quicksilver.]

EDIT: Additionally, while it has been pretty much confirmed by an poll on Twitter that was discussed by this thread a while back, the latest Desk of Death Battle (Derpy/Scary Pokemon) flat out said that they use Crunchyroll to "Binge watch Naruto Shipuden for research", meaning that the Naruto battle is coming soon. Given that the last time I can recall something like this happening was when it was stated that they were researching the Mushroom Kingdom, hinting at Bowser, I believe we can expect the Naruto battle after the next one. What was the result of that poll, anyway?

Juiz
04-27-2016, 12:37 PM
[Well, it's public now. I liked it. I felt like they could somehow have put a bit more in the battle, like utilize Clank's time immunity powers more or somehow give Daxter a bit more time in the spotlight or, something I'm disappointed they didn't do, utilize that disco gun. But otherwise, it was a good episode, with solid analysis I thought (but then again, I know virtually nothing on either series). As for the next battle, Flash could...erm, he could be against...eh, who am I kidding, it's most likely Quicksilver he's up against. I did a little bit of research on characters with super speed, seeing if there was any other major foes he could take on, but besides from possibly somehow Sonic (extremely unlikely) Quicksilver is the only likely option. Also, both of their top speeds range widely among their incarnations, but Flash almost always seems to be faster than Quicksilver, almost to stomp levels. As this is a battle of those who only use speed, it's pretty clear who is going to win.

Also, give me Darkseid vs Thanos or Hulk vs Doomsday any day over Flash vs Quicksilver.]

EDIT: Additionally, while it has been pretty much confirmed by an poll on Twitter that was discussed by this thread a while back, the latest Desk of Death Battle (Derpy/Scary Pokemon) flat out said that they use Crunchyroll to "Binge watch Naruto Shipuden for research", meaning that the Naruto battle is coming soon. Given that the last time I can recall something like this happening was when it was stated that they were researching the Mushroom Kingdom, hinting at Bowser, I believe we can expect the Naruto battle after the next one. What was the result of that poll, anyway?

[Yeah, that was my only "complaint" with the battle honestly. It felt more like Ratchet vs Jak, not Ratchet and Clank vs Jak and Daxter. They didn't really cover any of their abilities at all, so Clank randomly taking Ratchet out of the time-freeze might not have made sense to those who didn't know about Clank's time immunity.

Naruto vs Luffy, if I recall correctly.

Also, yeah, Flash vs Quicksilver is a stomp.]

Lohuydahutt
04-30-2016, 10:43 AM
So it looks like [Flash vs Quicksilver] has officially been confirmed. Yep.

Faker
04-30-2016, 01:23 PM
So it looks like [Flash vs Quicksilver] has officially been confirmed. Yep.

[What's with them and making battles where the winner isn't much of a surprise? Every iteration of Flash completely out classes every iteration of Quicksilver.

They've done this with Jak and Daxter vs Ratchet and Clank, Pokemon vs Digimon, Hawkeye vs Green Arrow, etc., etc. XP]

Lohuydahutt
04-30-2016, 01:43 PM
[What's with them and making battles where the winner isn't much of a surprise? Every iteration of Flash completely out classes every iteration of Quicksilver.

They've done this with Jak and Daxter vs Ratchet and Clank, Pokemon vs Digimon, Hawkeye vs Green Arrow, etc., etc. XP]

I mean, Green Arrow may have been mostly outclassed but it wasn't like he was outclassed by such a large margin that it's uninteresting... This battle just one of the stompiest stomps to ever stomp. Ah well, Death Battle's fine with stomps as long as it's highly requested it seems.

Dion
04-30-2016, 02:44 PM
This season is just full of most requested and it's not making for great content.

BrineBlade
05-01-2016, 11:51 AM
The only thing worse is if they do [Goku vs Superman 3]

Lohuydahutt
05-01-2016, 03:39 PM
The only thing worse is if they do [Goku vs Superman 3]

I strongly doubt that they'd do that thankfully. Their last one was basically "Superman is literally unbeatable so shut the fuck up about it."

Juiz
05-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Flash preview is out for Sponsors, [Quicksilver] confirmed as Flashes opponent.

Shocker.

rangernumberx
05-08-2016, 10:16 AM
The latest Desk of Death Battle has been released, calculating how much force Mulan would punch with if she had the force of a great typhoon. Which isn't very much, according to them, although I think they should've looked into the fact that resultant force should've been harder, given that Mulan was striking with the same amount of total power only within a smaller surface area...anyway, that's not the point.

The point is that, at the very end, Jocelyn states how she needed to get back to her 'dragon science class'. Given how, previously, we have been told she was researching the Mushroom Kingdom before the Bowser battle, and we have also been told that she's been watching Naruto for research with his battle being confirmed via Twitter poll, I'm pretty certain this means that we're getting at battle soon with at least one dragon. So who do you guys think it could be? I personally think that it could be Spyro, although Jake Long also came to mind.

Lohuydahutt
05-08-2016, 10:32 AM
The latest Desk of Death Battle has been released, calculating how much force Mulan would punch with if she had the force of a great typhoon. Which isn't very much, according to them, although I think they should've looked into the fact that resultant force should've been harder, given that Mulan was striking with the same amount of total power only within a smaller surface area...anyway, that's not the point.

The point is that, at the very end, Jocelyn states how she needed to get back to her 'dragon science class'. Given how, previously, we have been told she was researching the Mushroom Kingdom before the Bowser battle, and we have also been told that she's been watching Naruto for research with his battle being confirmed via Twitter poll, I'm pretty certain this means that we're getting at battle soon with at least one dragon. So who do you guys think it could be? I personally think that it could be Spyro, although Jake Long also came to mind.

I remember Death Battle tweeting about some match-up between some World of Warcraft dragon vs some Skyrim one. For the life of me I could not remember what their names were. But I think that could be pretty dope. (This was a whileeeeeee ago mind you but hey, they might still be considering it).

rangernumberx
05-08-2016, 11:49 AM
I remember Death Battle tweeting about some match-up between some World of Warcraft dragon vs some Skyrim one. For the life of me I could not remember what their names were. But I think that could be pretty dope. (This was a whileeeeeee ago mind you but hey, they might still be considering it).

With a bit of searching on the Death Battle Fanon Wiki, I think I may have found what it is (assuming it's not something stupidly obscure, like White Ranger vs that Gundam). Could it be Alduin (Skyrim final boss) vs Deathwing (Main antagonist of some WoW thing)?

Lohuydahutt
05-08-2016, 12:30 PM
With a bit of searching on the Death Battle Fanon Wiki, I think I may have found what it is (assuming it's not something stupidly obscure, like White Ranger vs that Gundam). Could it be Alduin (Skyrim final boss) vs Deathwing (Main antagonist of some WoW thing)?

Pretty sure it is yeah. I think that would probably be interesting, especially since Skyrim's MC is almost impossible to judge due to his customizability.

rangernumberx
05-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Pretty sure it is yeah. I think that would probably be interesting, especially since Skyrim's MC is almost impossible to judge due to his customizability.

I have no idea about either of those two, so I'm just hoping that the powers both have are developed enough to have a decent DB with. Customizable MCs are impossible to do, in my opinion, unless you do a battle royale between the custom MCs from a series, utilizing only the weapons and such unique to them.

In other news, while looking up that tweet (it was Alduin vs Deathwing, but as a 'fan suggestion of the week' thing and a presumable gauge of the public's opinion on the fight), I also saw that Ben had done a poll, asking who people would prefer the Hulk to go against. While Broly and Godzilla were close, the runaway winner was Doomsday. So, yeah, that may be coming in the future.

Lohuydahutt
05-08-2016, 02:10 PM
I have no idea about either of those two, so I'm just hoping that the powers both have are developed enough to have a decent DB with. Customizable MCs are impossible to do, in my opinion, unless you do a battle royale between the custom MCs from a series, utilizing only the weapons and such unique to them.

In other news, while looking up that tweet (it was Alduin vs Deathwing, but as a 'fan suggestion of the week' thing and a presumable gauge of the public's opinion on the fight), I also saw that Ben had done a poll, asking who people would prefer the Hulk to go against. While Broly and Godzilla were close, the runaway winner was Doomsday. So, yeah, that may be coming in the future.

Well, yeah, but it shows that the match-up was under consideration at some point so it's worth keeping the match in mind

Juiz
05-16-2016, 12:40 PM
[Flash wins, not too surprising. Next battle features The Joker. Him vs Sweet Tooth is an obvious choice, but I don't know if that's the one we're getting. I suppose that'll be my guess for now.]

Lohuydahutt
05-18-2016, 05:06 PM
[So that Death Battle happened. Glad Flash won, would've been really stupid if he didn't. Wasn't really an amazing battle but considering how the analysis was way better I'd put it over Bowser vs Ganon at the very least. Also definitely hoping for Joker vs Sweet Tooth]

Mike Hat
05-18-2016, 09:25 PM
[yay they didn't screw up the outcome

i feel like whoever joker is put up against he'll probably get stomped. he is not exactly renowned for being the most powerful supervillain or anything. sweet tooth probably makes the most thematic sense, and there joker can at least maybe put up a fight. also it looks like they might be using titan joker from the arkham games as part of the fight. i heard someone suggest that it could end up titan joker vs sweet tooth in a mech, and that sounds solid to me.]

Juiz
05-19-2016, 11:13 PM
[Joker's] opponent accidentally confirmed by Torrian on Twitter. He posted an image of his workspace, and right on one of the screens, you can seeeeeeeeeeeeee:

http://img.prntscr.com/img?url=http://i.imgur.com/mogbEDL.jpg

EDIT: Nvm, the Screwattack Twitter already confirmed it. awks.

Lohuydahutt
05-19-2016, 11:24 PM
Yep. I'm definitely rooting for Joker but he does seem like the underdog in this instance. Also damnnnnn that's a lot of computers :P

rangernumberx
05-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Well, this seems to prove without doubt that we're going 3d/2d/3d/2d, in case there was any doubt about that before. I am questioning whether Joker's opponent has many feats outside of his vehicle, but if he does I think this is finally a battle where the outcome doesn't appear obvious from the start (a complaint which has appeared with every battle since at least Charizard vs Greymon, even if Dante vs Bayonetta didn't go the way people thought it would).

Also, hey, the two aren't from the same kind of media! That's a first for this season.

Lohuydahutt
05-20-2016, 08:27 AM
Well, this seems to prove without doubt that we're going 3d/2d/3d/2d, in case there was any doubt about that before. I am questioning whether Joker's opponent has many feats outside of his vehicle, but if he does I think this is finally a battle where the outcome doesn't appear obvious from the start (a complaint which has appeared with every battle since at least Charizard vs Greymon, even if Dante vs Bayonetta didn't go the way people thought it would).

Also, hey, the two aren't from the same kind of media! That's a first for this season.

I'd barter that the first two fights were veryyyyyyyyy questionable. Bowser vs Ganon especially, but that's a different discussion. Yeah as long as the analysis isn't exceptionally bad I'm probably fine with it going either way this round. Still holding out for Joker but yeah.

BrineBlade
05-20-2016, 07:18 PM
[...I honestly feel this is the most one-sided match since BOTH Goku vs Superman matches

Joker is crazy, hard to beat, and is someone that is almost as unpredictable as Deadpool

Sweet Tooth loves ice cream, uses a flamethrower (iirc), has a menacing ice cream truck, and is kinda strong, but wouldn't really be menacing

I can name a few better options:

1. Carnage: Carnage, like Joker, is extremely crazy, and is unpredictable in how he'll attack...at times. He is fast, and has some draining powers, plus, he is just as, if not more sadistic than the Joker, being a former killer named Cletus Kassidy. Also, in the comics. he worked with and betrayed Joker in a team-up against Batman and Spider-Man.

2. Arcade: While another Marvel character, Arcade is also very unpredictable, a bit crazy, but very intellegent. His power array, magic abilities, and technological skills, could easily be a good match for the Joker

3. Herbert J. Zomboni, a.k.a. Zombozo (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/7/72/Zombozo.png/revision/latest?cb=20140906171600), from Ben 10: First off, I am being very serious about this choice for several reasons. First off, just like the Joker, he is a clown, is unpredictable, and is quite a challenge. He is also vamperic, however, he doesn't feed off blood, he drains a person's life energy from their laughter. Not only that, but he has stretchy limbs, can create illusions, and can teleport. If anything, the matchup would be very close, considering Zombozo isn't as smart as the Joker is.

And that's about it. Can't wait to see the beatdown]

Juiz
05-20-2016, 07:21 PM
[...I honestly feel this is the most one-sided match since BOTH Goku vs Superman matches

Joker is crazy, hard to beat, and is someone that is almost as unpredictable as Deadpool

Sweet Tooth loves ice cream, uses a flamethrower (iirc), has a menacing ice cream truck, and is kinda strong, but wouldn't really be menacing

1. Carnage: Carnage, like Joker, is extremely crazy, and is unpredictable in how he'll attack...at times. He is fast, and has some draining powers, plus, he is just as, if not more sadistic than the Joker, being a former killer named Cletus Kassidy. Also, in the comics. he worked with and betrayed Joker in a team-up against Batman and Spider-Man.

2. Arcade: While another Marvel character, Arcade is also very unpredictable, a bit crazy, but very intellegent. His power array, magic abilities, and technological skills, could easily be a good match for the Joker

3. Herbert J. Zomboni, a.k.a. Zombozo (http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ben10/images/7/72/Zombozo.png/revision/latest?cb=20140906171600), from Ben 10: First off, I am being very serious about this choice for several reasons. First off, just like the Joker, he is a clown, is unpredictable, and is quite a challenge. He is also vamperic, however, he doesn't feed off blood, he drains a person's life energy from their laughter. Not only that, but he has stretchy limbs, can create illusions, and can teleport. If anything, the matchup would be very close, considering Zombozo isn't as smart as the Joker is.

Oh god, you don't have much exposure to [Sweet Tooth], do you? xd

Mike Hat
05-20-2016, 11:00 PM

[Honestly this match is a lot closer than you're giving it credit for, I think. Sweet Tooth is pretty powerful anyway, I really think you're overselling the Joker on his achievements. If anything I think this battle skews towards Sweet Tooth unless Titan Joker factors heavily into the outcome.

I don't know much about Arcade, but Zombozo and ESPECIALLY Carnage would mop the floor with Joker. He's quite possibly the weakest combatant they've used thus far, other than joke entries like Justin Bieber I guess.]

Lohuydahutt
05-20-2016, 11:27 PM
[Honestly this match is a lot closer than you're giving it credit for, I think. Sweet Tooth is pretty powerful anyway, I really think you're overselling the Joker on his achievements. If anything I think this battle skews towards Sweet Tooth unless Titan Joker factors heavily into the outcome.

I don't know much about Arcade, but Zombozo and ESPECIALLY Carnage would mop the floor with Joker. He's quite possibly the weakest combatant they've used thus far, other than joke entries like Justin Bieber I guess.]

[Well, I completely agree that Brine's overselling him but I think you're underselling him a bit with the whole "weakest Death Battle character yet" thing. Yes, Joker is pretty much just human in physical capabilities, which puts him below the majority of death battle characters, but when you compare him to other peak human characters, he's certainly no slouch. He kind of has the same problem as Batman did as he's certainly less effective without prep-time, but he definitely has an intelligence advantage here. Also, he fucking swum to the bat cave before apparently http://imgur.com/a/VzcaO (I mean, seriously, how the hell could you top that?) also apparently he's pretty fucking fast. From what I gather, Joker actually has the upper hand if it was just pure hand to hand combat, the problem is that that's certainly not going to be the only factor in the fight. But yes Carnage would definitely rek Joker, mostly due to the whole "actually being superhuman" thing.]