PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2014-2015 Season Discussion

Spars
08-17-2014, 06:00 PM
So far it's just pre-season but the Broncos beat the Seahawks and demolished the 49ers. :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Baldy Jr
08-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Jets carried by defense and running game.

But fuck my life, Milliner hurt his ankle and Dex tore his ACL, so we're starting Kyle Wilson and Antonio Allen (a safety).

Spars
08-17-2014, 06:23 PM
aaand watkins is injured.

Heard it wasn't severe.

Saints have only had 1 injury in a game so far and it was Keenan Lewis, and he'll be ready for week 1 so no big deal yet. Champ, Byrd, and Butler (one of our important rotational OLBs) are all injured still from camp. Expectation is all will be back for week 1.

Brees had a strained oblique but it was no big deal yet they kept him out anyways just to be safe. Same thing with Jahri Evans.

Think we've got a great season in for us, ready for week 1 coming up aka hate week. I have plenty of Falcons fans to trash talk, hate them so much. That's why it's a rivalry. ;)

Samos
08-17-2014, 08:19 PM
If we see the RG3 of last season, we'll probably suck. But if we see the RG3 of 2012....we'll probably still suck because of the defense.

Spars
08-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Kinda sad the Saints don't play any teams this season that people here are fans of. No smack talk for me.

As for the Washington Warriors (soon) I think they'll go 8-8 and finish 2nd in that division. Iggles win it again.

EDIT: Also, Clowney/Watt is going to be an all time great duo. Man that'll be insane. Especially when on the same side, you'll have to dedicate 4 blockers to just those 2 or get burned.

Uprising
08-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Logged in just to remind you all that the Packers will be winning the Super Bowl and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them :)

Baldy Jr
08-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Logged in just to remind you all that the Packers will be winning the Super Bowl and there is nothing anyone can do to stop them :)

Except for the part where you forgot to get a defense.

Spars
08-18-2014, 07:19 PM

Come to the dome in primetime, gonna get dat Packer ass whooped.

Spars
08-24-2014, 12:17 PM
double post but idc cause not my fault there's no posts here in 5 days and it's a new page anyways

Our first team kicked some Colt ass, Luck couldn't do anything. Then Luck played 2 drives against our 2nd team defense and still didn't do anything. His TD was just a misunderstanding between Lofton and Vaccaro. Our 2nd and 3rd stringers were outscored 10-3 but they did enough to win.

Peyton Manning getting flagged for taunting was hilarious, that Swearinger guy gets in a lot of people's heads, you'd know if you've watched Hard Knocks.

The Raiders 1st team keeping up with the Packers 1st team was kind of surprising, and kind of funny. Seattle destroyed Chicago.

All in all, an interesting week so far. Only a week and a half until kick off and we can all watch the Seahawks beat down on the Packers because the home team in 11 of the past 12 home openers wins, and Seattle is a top 3 HFA to have.

Baldy Jr
08-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I watched a bit of the Saints game. The Colts should be worried, their offense has looked like crap.

Spars
08-24-2014, 01:07 PM
I watched a bit of the Saints game. The Colts should be worried, their offense has looked like crap.

I don't know how they looked in the other games and how bad they were, but I'm assuming you watched them against the Jets since they're, you know, your team so I'll trust your opinion. Normally I'd just say the Colts don't have to worry about much (I mean, we had the 4th best overall defense and 2nd best pass defense last season [only behind the one and only Seattle] and no doubt have only improved) considering how good of a D we have, but if they've looked like crap in the other games then they probably should be worried.

EDIT: How did you enjoy the game? I know you went to it, was it fun? I really want to go to a Saints game this season, since it's my 16th birthday I might get 2 tickets to the Saints/Packers game and bring one of my friends. Fingers crossed.

Baldy Jr
08-24-2014, 01:21 PM
It was a lot of fun to watch, getting to the stadium was a pain because roads were shut down. The first team looked good, and the offense seems to be gelling. The only thing I'm worried about is the depth in the secondary.

Spars
08-24-2014, 03:10 PM
double post but BREAKING NEWS

Bradford out for season. Sucks for Rams fans. RIP Facilier/Brad.

so i don't double post here's my last message

It was a lot of fun to watch, getting to the stadium was a pain because roads were shut down. The first team looked good, and the offense seems to be gelling. The only thing I'm worried about is the depth in the secondary.

Same with the Saints. If Bailey and Robinson are both healthy, it's a lot better. The problem lies right there, if both of them go down like in recent memory it becomes bad. Keenan Lewis at #1 and then Corey White (would win a "most inconsistent player" award if one exist) and then a bunch of guys. Hopefully Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be ready to start one of these days.

Baldy Jr
08-24-2014, 10:22 PM
I really hope the Rams sign Vince Young, because Jeff Fisher will lose his fucking mind.

Spars
08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
The reason why it'll never happen lol, Fisher has a looooooooot of pull there, more than most head coaches at least. They will rally around Shaun Hill and they will play good football!

Baldy Jr
08-25-2014, 07:08 PM
That last sentence was sarcasm right?

...Right?

Spars
08-25-2014, 07:20 PM
That last sentence was sarcasm right?

...Right?

A reference to when Trent Green got injured back in 99 and Dick Vermeil said "We will rally around Kurt Warner and we will play good football!". And then they won the Superb Owl. Same team, same injury, same game (3rd preseason), etc. Thought it was a fitting reference. :P Though I don't actually think they'll win the Owl, or even make it to the playoffs.

Baldy Jr
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah but these Rams don't have the talent the Greatest Show on Turf had.

Spars
08-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Yeah but these Rams don't have the talent the Greatest Show on Turf had.

Yeah, I think they go somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

Spars
08-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Derek Carr with the Seahawks beatdown.

Uprising
08-29-2014, 01:38 PM
Packers have looked simply amazing in the preseason, I'm exciting for next Thursday and the massive beatdown that they hand to the Seahawks.

Spars
08-29-2014, 01:44 PM
The Seahawks will beat them down because the home team has won 11 of the last 12 season openers and the one time they didn't was because Giants. Also doesn't help that the Seahawks have amazing HFA.

Uprising
08-29-2014, 01:46 PM
The Seahawks will beat them down because the home team has won 11 of the last 12 season openers and the one time they didn't was because Giants. Also doesn't help that the Seahawks have amazing HFA.

Green Bay is known for overcoming the odds, they will emerge as the victors.

Spars
08-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Green Bay is known for overcoming the odds, they will emerge as the victors.

http://www.mbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/replacement-refs.jpg

Baldy Jr
09-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Fitzmagic's mustache, my goodness.

Rocket
10-16-2014, 02:03 AM
Will Jarryd Hayne flop or will he be a good player? Hayne confirmed yesterday he is going to the NFL. Just this year he was named player of the year for the 2nd time in his career in the Australia's professional national rugby league competition. He has also represented Australia and Fiji at the top level of rugby league.

(Here's a highlights reel) http://www.nrl.com/jarryd-hayne-nrl-career-highlights/tabid/10874/newsid/82564/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Hero

So he's a pretty good player here, but will he be good at NFL?

Baldy Jr
10-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Will Jarryd Hayne flop or will he be a good player? Hayne confirmed yesterday he is going to the NFL. Just this year he was named player of the year for the 2nd time in his career in the Australia's professional national rugby league competition. He has also represented Australia and Fiji at the top level of rugby league.

(Here's a highlights reel) http://www.nrl.com/jarryd-hayne-nrl-career-highlights/tabid/10874/newsid/82564/default.aspx?cid=NRL_HP_Hero

So he's a pretty good player here, but will he be good at NFL?

He'll probably catch on with a practice squad somewhere, he's athletic enough. Fact of the matter is he has to show he can understand the intricacies of football first, which depends on his position.

Spars
10-16-2014, 05:03 PM
If he's playing RB like has been reported, no doubt he has a good chance iyam. It doesn't take as much knowledge of the game as any other position, and is the easiest to transition to.

Rocket
10-24-2014, 03:44 AM
well if he does succeed I can try and get cards, bobbleheads, figurines, etc from here to you guys.