PDA

View Full Version : The Sane Train

sane
12-09-2014, 10:11 PM
All aboard the Sane Train. I'll review mainly movies, but I will occasionally do TV shows and games.

Look what I found on Google! Fucking sweet!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2500/3896720290_8dac6b64a2.jpg

sane
12-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Assault on Arkham - Warning, spoilers.

Where do I begin? I really enjoyed this. While it didn't have many of my favorite villains, it gave me some new ones to love. Harley Quinn was amazing, as usual. I have a brand new respect for Deadshot, and he is my new cover photo. I enjoyed Boomerang a lot more than I thought I would. Frost and Shark were also very enjoyable. Black Spider could have been a great character, but his only purpose in this was to die so Batman could infiltrate them. As for Waller, she was a very nice villain. I really enjoyed her more than a lot of other characters. Batman was Batman, and Joker was Troy Baker - Joker. I love Troy Baker, and his Joker is good, but it just didn't excite me in this movie. That is a good thing though, Joker is not the focus of this movie. KGBeast was hilarious for the short time he was on there. Shame he left so early though.

The animation looked great. I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about animation in my reviews, because I don't really look at the animation like that. Lego Movie was the only movie where I was thinking, "Holy crap this looks great." So not a lot of time on this. Characters looked how they were supposed too.

Voice talent? It's Batman. The voices were great.

Sucky review so far, but how's the story? Well, Suicide Squad has to capture the Riddler. Interesting dilema. Batman has a side-project going on, which SS eventually (kind of) helps out with. It's more revenge than justice. Which is a good thing considering they are villains. I really enjoyed how all these characters pretty much disliked one another. With the exception of Quinn liking Deadshot, and Shark and Frost's relationship. I was actually really upset about Shark's death, and Frost's reaction and personality afterwards. Harley Quinn is the star of this movie, with Deadshot running close second. Not spoiling anything directly, but the ending is brilliant.

Overall, this is a very good movie.

IF you like Batman. If you don't like anything Batman, you may appreciate it kind of? I don't know. I love Batman. I loved this. Personally, I want to say you'd be insane not to love it, but as for a general movie goer, you'll find it too be...

Coolish.

And that's how it is. I personally really enjoyed this movie and recommend it too anyone who likes anything super-hero related.

This grade for this movie is B-.

Got any requests?

BrineBlade
12-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Click and Night at the Museum

sane
12-28-2014, 10:58 PM
The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

Let me start out by saying, I have sat down and watched any Lord of the Rings movie the full way through, until now. I know what happens for the most part. I have the books, but I never read them. Now?

Holy shit. I loved this movie. I know there is a lot of controversy about these movies, but IDGAF about controversy. As a movie fan with a sorta interest in Lord of the Rings, this really makes me want to just dive straight into more Middle-Earth.

I've seen Unexpected Journey, just not the full way through in one sitting. It was 2 viewings at different times. I love Martin Freeman, and him as Bilbo is just amazing too me. Bilbo is great in this one too. I like Bilbo better than Frodo myself, but I digress.

Let's get into the story:

It starts out with Smaug crashing and bashing shit. Then he dies. A bunch of people need shelter, elves are like "ya bruh"
Thorin has gone apeshit looking for the Arkhenstone. (I can't remember what it's called I think I got it right) He won't share the wealth with anyone except his fellow dwarves and Bilbo. More shit happens, and eventually, everyone fights.

It's really fucking cool. I enjoyed the whole movie. I think near the end I was kind of like, "how long is this?" but that quickly went away. It ended like 15 minutes after I thought that so whatever.

The dwarves are great, the elves are cool, Bilbo is amazing. The main focus of this movie isn't on Bilbo though. That kind of upsets me. He got a lot of screentime, and I do like all the other characters, but I loved Bilbo.

In the end, if you like Lord of the Rings, and aren't picky about the books, mainly you just want too see some Lord of the Rings shit. I'd give this movie a Tap.

HOWEVER!

You really have to be a LoTR fan to understand anything in this movie. I kind of wish Smaug was in it more too. :(

Final result: Good. Overall a super fun and action packed movie, but if you have no idea what anything in Lord of the Rings is, don't go watch it to understand the story. If you like action and awesome scenes, go for it.

The grade for this movie is B+.

AccordionChick
12-29-2014, 02:25 AM
Got any requests?
Any of these would be awesome:
Labyrinth
Batman Returns
Clue
Super Mario Bros.
Lego Movie

sane
01-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Any of these would be awesome:
Labyrinth
Batman Returns
Clue
Super Mario Bros.
Lego Movie

I'd like to do relatively new movies before I watch any old movies, but I will get to some of those if this thing ever kicks off.

As for Lego Movie, I'll do that pretty soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my review of the movie Boyhood will be out tomorrow possibly.

Rapn
01-07-2015, 10:25 AM
Awesome reviews! :D

Some suggestions (Tried to choose some "newer"):
Saving Mr. Banks
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Super 8
Hannibal Rising
Nightcrawler
Green Lantern

sane
01-07-2015, 01:43 PM
Saving Mr. Banks
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Nightcrawler

I'll add these too my lists! (I like to try to only view films I haven't seen, so I'm not biased.) Thanks!

sane
01-15-2015, 09:22 AM
Starting with this review, I'm going to just use letter grades instead of trying too create something like JeremyJahns.

Boyhood

The history behind this project is truly what makes it unique and special. If you haven't heard by now, Boyhood was started 12 years ago by Richard Linklater. Over the course of 12 years, he filmed the same cast as they aged. The movie follows the life of a young boy named Mason Jr.

The star of this movie, is Ellar Coltrane. While his mom really did amazing, it was this kid who did it for me. When the film starts, Mason Jr. and Ellar Coltrane are both 6 years old. We only have to sit back and watch as this 6 year old character and actor grow into an 18 year old man who heads off too college.

Without the revolutionary feeling behind the movie, it's very similar to an indie film detailing a boy's life. And it is still really good, even if the cast was different over the years.

The main story is basically just the life of Mason Jr. as he encounters adulthood. He's with his mother and sister for the most part of the movie, with his dad (Ethan Hawke) coming in every now and then too enlighten them about the government in some very humorous conversations.

My only problem with this movie, and it was brought up too my attention by my family, is that some of the things get unanswered. For example, Mason Jr.'s family moves in with another family, and the 4 children bond. After some arguments, Mason Jr.'s family leaves in a hurry, and the other 2 kids are left at the violent and drunken mercy of their abusive father.

I guess that's kind of what life is though. You don't get too know everything you want. I like to think the kids are ok, because this movie seemed real. I felt a lot of nostalgia, anger, joy, and sadness on this journey, and I loved it.

This movie was a hit or a miss, and luckily, it was a home run. The cast was great, the story was great, the LEGACY that will be left by this film is amazing, and overall, I have too give Boyhood an A-.

"Life doesn't give you bumpers."

sane
01-15-2015, 10:09 AM
The Imitation Game

So to celebrate my first pay-day, me and my best friend Sean (he'll never see this but I love you bro) decided to go too the movies. We spent a whole day deciding on what too watch. I wanted too watch Selma, or Big Hero 6 for the 3rd time. (Should I review that?) Sean insisted we watch Imitation Game. He had already seen it however.

I was somewhat bored by the trailer, it looked ok, but not really something I wanted to go see at the moment. Nevertheless, we went too see Imitation Game.

Holy crap was I wrong. This movie was beautiful. In every aspect.

What's the story?: Alan Turing (Benedict Cumberbatch) is a genius code-breaker and mathematician. Think 1940's Sheldon Cooper, but in a rated R movie. That's actually what he is. Except it's much better than Sheldon.

Alan Turing must encrypt a machine called Enigma, which can apparently let people hear the German's conversations. Some of the stuff I couldn't follow, but that's because I don't understand it a lot. Sean got every word.

Alan Turing, (along with other geniuses) design the world's first computer too decode all the messages at once, much faster.

I don't know how accurate this movie is, but it was really amazing. I can't stress that enough. A lot of movies like this I seem too enjoy. Movies where a celebrity plays the part of a historical figure. 42, Social Network, etc.

While this is going on, you find out he is gay, but he has too keep it a secret or else... JAIL.

I don't want to give away too much, but this movie almost had me in tears near the end. It really is pro-LGBT, and you know what? This movie kind of changed my life.

I don't mean that in a sappy "beautiful movie best ever" way, but it got me thinking about these topics. I've considered myself indifferent towards gay marriage, I never cared if it happened or not. It doesn't bother me, but with this movie, I kind of consider myself pro-gay marriage now. It's delivery was just great, and it didn't force the message down my throat or anything. It was subtle, but powerful.

I'm probably not going to protest or whatever some people do. But if I ever had too vote for gay marriage, I'd vote for.

The message was great, the characters were a blast, Cumberbatch became one of my top 20 actors in this movie, and overall I'm giving this an A+.

Can't wait for Doctor Strange now.

sane
01-27-2015, 02:28 PM
The Interview

Without mentioning any of the controversy you should already know, let's get right into it.

This movie. Was. Simply.

Eh.

Seriously, I was expecting such a funny movie. I hoped I would get some hilarious moments, and there was some. Just not enough.

It starts out pretty decent, with the funniest cameo I've seen in a while. (Eminemmmm) There were some very funny cameos in this movie, but nothing that really made me laugh hard.

Once they get into North Korea, it picks up a little bit. Not a lot.

I don't want to just completely bash this movie! I really don't. I enjoyed it. It just, wasn't as funny as the movies by this crew usually are.

The actors were good. Rogan plays Rogan and Franco plays Franco, but they do it well. The guy as Kim Jong-Un was hilarious.

Not terrible, but if you paid for it, sorry.

I'll give this a C+. It made me laugh, just not like This is The End did.

Let me know how you thought about it! I don't want this thread to just be my posts. Tell me how you feel about the movies if you've seen them. Got an argument? Tell me! Maybe I'll change my grade.

sane
01-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart

Steampunk-Pinocchio meets Cirque Du Freak. Called it.

Backstory, the only reason I've heard of this is because of Dion. He's been really into this lately, and has talked about it here. I found the movie on Netflix, and decided to watch it.

That being said, let's get right into it.

The story follows Jack, a boy who was born on the coldest day of the year. The cold freezes his heart, but he is able to live once a witch replaces his heart with a Cuckoo-Clock. He is given 3 rules he must follow.

1) Don't screw around with your heart. Don't play with it.
2) Watch your temper.
3) Don't fall in love.

So naturally, he falls in love.

This movie is the same movie you've seen before. Guy can't fall in love, falls in love, trouble happens, live happily ever after.

It's really good though. I really enjoyed this movie. One of those steps stated above didn't even happen.

The two things that got me right away were the animation and the music. These are two things I NEVER NOTICE IN MOVIES, but I noticed them quick. It looks really good, and it sounds really good. I loved the music in this especially.

I wish it was a longer film however, because this premise is just really original and really good. That's my only gripe about the movie.

All in all, I'd give this film a B+. It's a really good movie, worth watching more than once, but nothing simply amazing. Good though.

sane
01-30-2015, 10:37 PM
American Sniper

So there is a shit-load of controversy about this film, making this the second controversial film I've reviewed this week, and in all.

So American Sniper is a film directed by Clint Eastwood and produced by the lead actor, Bradley Cooper. The film follows the military career of Chris Kyle, the USA's Deadliest Sniper.

It starts out with Chris Kyle going into the Navy Seals because he has a passion to protect his country. After 9/11, he is sent off to Iraq to fight. From then on, we see Chris (known as the Legend) deal with the torment of war as he racks up over 160 confirmed kills.

Holy shit.

Amazing plot! Amazing director! Amazing actor! What could possibly make this movie suck?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrRBuVkmgR2g4MZfauDVIGEP1cJVAfc wN9bOAhkAHpznMvLuvK

That movie was some intense shit.

Going back to the controversy, a lot of people believe it was glorifying this "murderer" and war, but honestly I didn't see that. Well the glorifying war part. They really show that war is some fucked up stuff. They did kind of jerk-off Chris Kyle the whole time, but hey it's his movie so IDGAF.

I don't know if he's a psycho or a hero, I wasn't there. I know nothing about him. This movie really showed how shitty was is though, and it gets some points for that.

I really wish it would have shown some more psychological aspects of the movie. I really feel it could have been something really amazing if it showed how it affected him.

In short, it's a really good movie. It kind of jerks off America and Chris Kyle, so if you're not from America or you can't stand the guy, you might hate it. Me personally, I felt it had a great lead actor, director, story, and message.

I'll give it a B-. It was good for a one time viewing, but that's about it for me. Just my taste though. You may watch it every day.

How'd you feel about the movie? Let me know. I'll be back sometime in the next few days with my review of Fury.

sane
02-03-2015, 09:44 AM
Important Information:

I don't have a job anymore. If anyone cares to know why, ask in chat or PM. I will probably not be able to watch movies when they come out in theaters, like I had hoped to do. Once a movie comes out on Redbox, I'll be able to watch it.

I don't like watching movies online, unless I have NO way to watch it. (Assault on Arkham is a good example)

I'll probably watch Fury later, so to avoid any incidents where I actually review something else instead of the movie I said I'd review, I'll only mention the next movie when I'm actually watching it. (12 Years a Slave will be out soon, given I'm halfway through it.)

If you want to suggest a movie, PM it to me. I may not get to it quickly, but I will try.

One last thing, I'm probably going to go back and watch some movies so I can review them. (Django Unchained, The Wolf of Wall Street, Lord of the Rings)

sane
02-03-2015, 10:11 PM
12 Years a Slave

Best movie of 2013? Hell yeah it is.

It took me until 2015 to watch this movie, why? I don't know. I wish I watched it earlier. This movie, is fucking. Brilliant.

Out of ALL the films I've reviewed so far on here, this is by far the best one. (Although Imitation Game and Boyhood come close.)

Enough jerking it off. Let's explain.

http://entasia.net/attachments/jennifer-lawrence-woo-gif.6968/

12 Years a Slave follows the true story of Solomon Northup, a black man born in New York.

With promises to make it big as a musician, he is drugged by two men and sold into slavery.

From then on, it shows his life as a new slave as he encounters two different masters.

The first master, played by Benedict Cumberbatch, is a pretty nice dude as far as slave owners go. He feeds them, takes care of them, and is all-around a nice dude to them.

The second one, who unfortunately, Solomon finds himself spending the most time with, is a fucking, asshole. (Michael Assbender)

He is given the name Platt, and the story follows just how fucked up his life has gotten from one drink.

That's the plot, and I won't say much more, because while there isn't really a spoiler for this movie because you can probably guess what happens in the end, it's the things he has to do in the movie that are gut-wrenching. I almost teared up at some.

Not really much I can say. It had some shots in it where I was thinking, "Holy shit that looks beautiful."

Here in the South, the two things I enjoy are the scenery and my mamma's sweet tea. Hella.

This movie had amazing actors, especially Solomon and Epps, (Epps is Michael Fassbender's character) with a beautiful score, story, and scenes that while true, makes you want to cry.

And cry you might.

12 Years a Slave gets an A+. I had no complaints at all.

How'd you feel about the movie? Let me know here. (http://www.erboh.com/forum/showthread.php?12905-SaneButMovieDiscussionThread&p=397955&viewfull=1#post397955)

sane
02-05-2015, 09:59 AM
John Wick

So I'm at school, and I can't express my true opinions in the manner I had hoped. I can however, express it in pictures.

The story of John Wick is that Keanu Reeves plays an ex-assassin for the Russian mob.

He then resigned from the job to be with his wife, who we find out dies before the film begins.

3 days after his wife dies, John Wick's late wife sends him an adorable puppy named Daisy, who he drives around in his awesome mustang.

The leader of the Russian mob (Viggo) has a son whose name I can't remember. It's Theon Greyjoy, so Greyjoy it is for this.

Greyjoy beats up John Wick, steals his car, and murders his puppy.

There's the story! What happens to a guy who messes with John Wick?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Z9oaamB_VGg/TxNROcfhBSI/AAAAAAAAAog/FqVmH8S3z9k/s1600/Obama-hes-dead-gif.gif

This movie was awesome. It really was, I'm not even an action movie guy, but I can tell when I see a good one. And this is a good one.

Right off the bat, the entire Russian mob is terrified of John Wick. Greyjoy's dad even warns him that John Wick is going to kill him, and there is nothing he can do.

I loved seeing how everyone was terrified of John Wick, but he is such a nice guy! He's just sensitive about his car and his dog dying.

One more bonus, he kills people in EVERY way you can think of: shooting, stabbing, drowning, burning, running over, etc.

So for that premise, the only thing you can expect going into this movie is some awesome action scenes and great dialogue. This movie delivers perfectly.

John Wick is amazing, the entire world being afraid of John Wick was amazing, the action scenes were amazing, and the theme song, Killing Strangers by Marilyn Manson, is a great fit.

John Wick get's an A- for the action genre. My only complaint is that it seemed really short, but apparently other people believe it was too long. Go figure.

A sequel is already being made, and I can't wait. I hope this is a franchise.

sane
02-08-2015, 08:42 PM
The Grand Budapest Hotel

So yeah. No Fury like I promised. If I do end up reviewing Fury, it'll be a while from now. I apologize I've been awake for so many hours trying to make something of myself by doing homework and studying. That's a lie, I've been playing Skyrim and watching cat videos. Anyways, today I have a review for what very well could be the best movie of the year, which is Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel. I think it's up for 9 nominations this year? I don't know. It's my first year watching the Oscars, so just bear with me.

The Grand Budapest Hotel, if not payed attention too, can be a bit more confusing than, say Inception. There's many different flashbacks and layers. I'm most likely the only person that was confused by this at first, and you all are probably thinking, "I say my dear chap, the movie was bloody simple to follow if you weren't such a stupid git." That was my impression of Ranger saying that, so I retort with, "Fuck you mate." But not really, because I love you, and you didn't really say that. Where the hell was I? Oh yeah.

The story is actually a woman reading a story an author told her when she was younger. The story is actually a story told by the owner of the hotel, named Zero, told to the young author. So, in reality, the story is primarily Zero's adventures when he was younger, and a lobby boy. Follow that premise, and you have yourself a movie timeline thingy majigger. Zero starts out as a hotel lobby boy, under the teachings of M. Gustave, played by Ralph Fiennes. M. Gustave is framed for a murder he didn't commit, escaping jail, which he did commit, and stealing a painting, which he did commit. He's our hero. Wait.

I want to start out by saying that I've never seen a full-length Wes Anderson movie, until now. I've recently become very interested in cinematography, and this movie was perfect timing. This has to be, one of the most beautiful movies, I have ever seen. I'm not joking. It's truly beautiful. You may be thinking that "Yeah he makes great looking movies you're over-hyping it." It's my first Anderson movie so piss off! Wait. Don't. I love you. Come back. I really enjoyed the scenes in this movie, they were so colorful, exotic, and just fit the tone of the movie.

Speaking of that, this movie is hilarious. It really is. I've seen the first 40 minutes 3 times now? I never got around to finishing it until last night. I enjoyed the jokes even more every time. I can most definitely watch this movie, over, and over, and over, and over again, and still laugh every single time. The cast is amazing, and they really are the reason it works so well. Ralph Fiennes plays the biggest part, and he is probably one of the funniest characters I've seen in a movie, ever. I want more of this guy. Apparently, this is Voldemort? Which is weird, but not really, but it is. The other half of the cast is Young Zero, played by (INSERT ACTOR NAME HERE), which is his first movie. He's fucking great, and he contrasts greatly with M. Gustave's flamboyant and extravagant character. The rest of the cast I won't spoil, but it's basically Wes Anderson movie actors. All of them. They kill it as well. I can't think of much else to talk about. The story is very interesting, the characters are great, the movie looks fucking amazing, and it is a hilarious movie.

The Grand Budapest Hotel gets an A. Because I'm not doing pluses or minuses anymore.

How's the format thing working? Should I format my reviews like this one, or John Wick's format? Let me know below. Thank you guys for reading.

sane
02-08-2015, 08:53 PM
Indie Game: The Movie

I've got to hurry dammit. Walking Dead comes on in 15 minutes. Indie Game The Move is a documentary following the creators of Super Meat Boy, Fez, and Braid. All 3 of which are apparently, universally acclaimed video games. Never played them. I found this movie on Netflix, and was originally going to just link a JeremyJahns review here, but I have some stuff I want to add that Jahns didn't touch on.

To keep it short and sweet, the movie follows the development phases, the release phase, and it shows a bit of what happens after the games released. It mainly focuses on the first two aspects of games however. I really enjoyed this. I enjoyed these guys, I felt how they felt, and honestly, I was stressed when they were stressed. There's one scene in particular that stuck out, and that's when Fez is a playable demo, but the demo keeps messing up, and the creator is freaking the fuck out and fixing it. Nail biting tension, although I bit no nails, I just ate chicken. These guys spend so much time to their "kids" (as one called it) that you can really see how passionate they are. One actually states he will kill himself if this doesn't work. Holy shit man. All I do is play Mario and talk about movies. Heavy shit.

All in all, a really informative movie, if you like games at all, check it out. I give Indie Game: The Movie, an A.

sane
02-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Well, if you've seen some changes, that's because I'm making some huge changes to this thread:

-The Name

Duh.

-Content

I'll still be doing movie reviews. I love movies, and I love talking about them. That's what this started as, and that's my main goal. I will however, be doing a lot more stuff. (Comic book news, TV show reviews, game reviews, etc.) Anything I want to talk about. Politics to my father's pork-chops. This will be a way to possibly get more action and debate on this thread, other than me rambling on to myself.

-Humor

If something is serious, I'll keep it serious, however, I want to add more humor to this as well.

-Interaction

I need you guys to interact more! Please! It's so lonely here.

sane
02-11-2015, 09:13 PM
So I have homework! Let's do something different! Fuck homework!?

Don't fuck your bloody homework.

So Spider-Man huh? That's big news. Personally, I want to play Spider-Man in the new reboot. I need help doing this guys. Comment suggestions below.

Fucking comment something.

What's some of your favorite films?! It's hard for me to pick one, but here's a few that I will review some time in the near future.

Pulp Fiction
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!
The Iron Giant
Guardians of the Galaxy
District 9
The Shining
The Room
Inside Llewyn Davis
Donnie Darko

That's all I can think of at the moment. I like a lot of movies.

Here are some movies that I absolutely hate watching.

Transformers
Pearl Harbor
Patch Adams
Green Lantern
Grownups
Percy Jackson
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Numero Uno (Not the name title but ...)
A lot more.

So yeah. Fun. Tell me some of yours.

Katz
02-12-2015, 04:39 PM
You should review a short film/animation from the internet for an interesting addition.

sane
02-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Selma

I've been putting off this review for a while now and now it's time to finally do it. So my school went to go see Selma, and while I loved the movie, I'll never watch another movie with my school again. That was complete and utter chaos behind me, for the most part. A lot of people were actually really calm and watched the movie, but we got put RIGHT in front of the most annoying clique of black girls. They would yell during the movie, sing, and clap. At parts that did not require singing and clapping. They were there to get out of school, (like everyone except me and a few teachers I might add) and had no genuine interest in seeing this movie. That's one thing that bothers me the most, disrespect during a movie. Even if it's a terrible movie and you hate it, at least shut up and watch the movie. You paid to see it, and so did everyone else.

Rant over, let's get into Selma.

Selma is directed by Ava DuVernay, and stars David Oyelowo, Tom Wilkinson, Tim Roth, and Oprah Winfrey. So this is the movie about Martin Luther King Jr.'s march into Selma, Alabama. I assume you know who Martin Luther King Jr. is, and if you don't, pick up a book. As for Selma, this is the march MLK made in 1965 to showcase non-violent protesting. Him and his supporters marched from Selma to Montgomery peacefully. and many were beaten and some killed. I love movies that don't shy away from historical events, no matter how terrible it may be to watch it. This movie perfectly captures the struggle King faced, and the brutality that was given to him and his supporters. I loved this movie. Keep in mind, I don't review this types of movies and count off for historical inaccuracies. I don't care that much. As long as the movie captures the basic plot of what happened, and didn't really add stupid things in the movie to make it interesting, I will most likely appreciate it. I really appreciate this movie. I can't say I'm a firm believer in having a Black History Month. I personally think the people who have changed the world should be remembered year round, and not be pegged down to one month. I think Black History Month is dumb, because there shouldn't have to be one. I'm not saying to forget King and what he did, because that'd be terrible. King was a great man and what he did was a beautiful thing for society. All I'm saying is that when we single out one race for a month it's not really doing anything to bring us closer together. Doesn't bother me that much, but I know people with terrible beliefs that see this as an attack on whites or something. I really enjoyed how it showed people of all races coming together and helping, because that's how it happened. I loved that as well.

David Oyelowo. David, freaking, Oyelowo. That guy is a great actor. He becomes King, and he will remain King. This movie had great acting, a great story, great direction, and it didn't shy away from the brutal truth, which I love. If you love what MLK stood for you'll love this movie, and I'm giving Selma an A.

sane
02-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Gone Girl

Gone Girl is directed by David Fincher, and stars Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike, Tyler Perry, Neil Patrick Harris, and Carrie Coon. This is the film adaptation of the 2012 novel of the same name. The main focus on the story is of Ben Affleck's character, who after a stressful day of arguing with his wife, returns home from work to find that she is kidnapped. While the story gains infamy throughout the world, many people are suspicious of Affleck's motives in this movie. You can't really tell if he was the one who kidnapped or possibly killed his wife, or if he's innocent and just a very awkward man. I really enjoyed this movie guys. It was my first Ben Affleck movie, and I have to say, I really am looking forward to Dawn of Justice next year. The story has many different twists and turns, and it guides you through each one slowly before taking you to the next one. It's a nail biting experience, and one I recommend to anyone who enjoys these kinds of movies. I can't say I'm a big fan of these kinds, but this definitely makes me want to watch some more. The story was great, the acting was amazing.

Let's talk about that. The acting. Ben Affleck, Harris, and Coon were great. Rosamund Pike was brilliant, and she just may win an Oscar for this roll, which I hope she does. But Tyler Perry. He was great. I simply say that because I have always hated Tyler Perry movies. He fits in so well here. I never really hated him, but this movie just makes me expect so much more from him from now on. I hope he does more roles like this, because I really enjoyed not seeing Madea for once.

Gone Girl get's an A.

sane
02-14-2015, 11:48 PM
Whiplash

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/Whiplash_poster.jpg

Whiplash was written and directed by Damien Chazelle and stars Miles Teller and J.K. Simmons. Miles Teller plays Andrew Neiman, an aspiring drummer hoping to become one of the greats. He is seen playing one day by respected conductor Terrence Fletcher, played by J.K. Simmons. Fletcher than invites him to play as an alternative drummer for his studio band at a very classy school in New York. When Fletcher reveals his dark and brutal side however, Andrew has to grow to his level in order to survive under his guidance. What begins is a psychological battle of wits between the two, and makes for a very intense and amazing ride.

I've been hearing praise after praise for this movie, so the question I had, was "Does it hold up to the praise?"

Whiplash has become one of my favorite movies of the year, and easily the best movie I've reviewed so far. The praise for this movie was an understatement. The chemistry that these two actors have together is truly amazing. I have been a big fan of Miles Teller for a while now, and this movie really just helped his career. J.K. Simmons is the man who stole the show here though. The insults this man gives are vulgar in all the right ways. The music in this is amazing. I'm listening to the soundtrack while typing this. I've always enjoyed the aspect of drumming, and I really want to try my hand at it someday. This movie only flourished my thirst to pick up a drumstick and bang away. You really understand just how badly Andrew wants to be in this class, but at the same time he hates it. He wants to be the best there ever was, and his determination alone makes you sympathize with him in that aspect. We've all wanted something before, so badly we'd do anything for it. This movie is brilliant. It had amazing acting, chemistry, music, and story.

Whiplash gets an A.

sane
02-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Nightcrawler

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d4/Nightcrawlerfilm.jpg/220px-Nightcrawlerfilm.jpg

Nightcrawler is written and directed by Dan Gilroy and stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Rene Russo, Riz Ahmed, and Bill Paxton. The story follows Lou Bloom, played by Gyllenhaal, as he ventures into a new field or work. Bloom is a silver-tongued thief that realizes he can make a quick buck by recording accidents and violent incidents and sending them to news stations. He gets pretty good at it, then he gets really good at it, then he get's insanely good at it. Gyllenhaal kills it in this movie. You can tell right off the bat what kind of guy Bloom is. He's one of those guys who just don't quite understand how society is supposed to work. It's like when he was a child, he wanted to fit in with people, but he ultimately never could. Once he graduated however, he realized how to create the illusion that he knew what he was talking about, but while he can ramble off a bunch of different facts to make himself seem like the most educated man ever, he just doesn't quite get it. He's almost like a robot. You start seeing how he transforms over time from a low-life thief who's desperate, to a guy who knows what he wants and demands it right then. Once he gets the tiniest bit of praise, he hires an intern and just sells him a bunch of bullshit. He knows what it takes to make a business work, but as for personal interaction, he doesn't quite get it. His partner even comments on that later in the film. You get to watch these two people go out and get better at what they do. Bloom eventually gets creepy as shit. He does whatever he can to get a good video. Whatever. He. Can. All morality is gone, if there was any in the first place. I've really been interested in this line of work recently. I love filming, and tried my hand at it a few weeks ago. I was told I was pretty good, and this movie shows you how anyone can do this, if they have the knowledge of what to look for. This movie was intense, brilliantly acted by one of the best actors alive in my opinion, and has a brilliant story. Whiplash ties with this movie as my favorite of the year. One more viewing of each should solidify my choice. I really think this movie was left out at the Oscar's, because it really deserves it. Nightcrawler gets an A.

sane
02-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Inside Llewyn Davis

http://www.manhattandigest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/InsideLlewynDavisPoster.jpg

Inside Llewyn Davis is directed by Joel and Ethan Coen and stars Oscar Issac, Carey Mulligan, Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund, F. Murray Abraham, and Adam Driver. This movie is one of my favorite movies of all time. I was really psyched to see this movie when I first saw the trailer, as I was just getting interested in folk music. The story follows Llewyn Davis, a homeless but talented folk singer with an attitude. We watch a week of his life as he tries to navigate through the New York folk scene in 1961. The film is heavily based off of the auto-biography by folk-legend Dave Van Ronk. To start it off, the film looks beautiful. I've recently gotten interested in how movies look, and have started to judge them somewhat based on that, something I used to not do. While I don't judge heavily on that in terms of how the overall film is, it doesn't hurt. I love the way this film looks. It's as simple as that. The actors in this are amazing. This film introduced me to many great actors, the best in the movie being the title role played by Oscar Issac. With the success of this film, he has acquired roles such as one of the main characters in the new Star-Wars movie, and the villain Apocalypse in the upcoming X-Men prequel. That really says something for his acting I believe. The rest of the cast fits in perfectly, and each character is unique in their own special way. My personal favorite other than Llewyn Davis is Garrett Hedlund's character. He rarely speaks during the movie, but when he does it's great. As for Davis, you find yourself disliking him to a point where if this were any normal movie you would hate it, but in this particular movie, it works. You understand why he is this way. His life is a hell for him, and he is just trying to do what he loves best in the aftermath of his partner's suicide. His passion for this art-form comes pouring out of him during his performances. Speaking of, it's time to talk about my favorite thing in this movie. The soundtrack to Inside LLewyn Davis, is the best soundtrack I've ever heard in a movie. I may be a bit biased, given I am a fan of folk-music, but even if you are not a fan, it would be hard not too appreciate just how much effort was put into all of these songs. I'd rather you just listen to it yourself and have your own opinion, so I'll stop there. Inside Llewyn Davis is one of my favorite films of all time, it has great acting, a great look, and an amazing folk soundtrack. It also gets an A. I truly recommend watching this amazing movie.

sane
02-17-2015, 01:38 PM
How's the new format look? Any suggestions?

Katz
02-17-2015, 01:55 PM
Asides from the broken image -- I like this new format.

Rapn
02-17-2015, 02:32 PM
I like it, it makes it all pop out a little more!

sane
02-19-2015, 10:01 AM
Dallas Buyers Club

http://static.dnaindia.com/sites/default/files/2014/02/25/dallas-buyers-club.jpg

Dallas Buyers Club is directed by Jean-Marc Vallee, and stars Matthew McConaughey, Jared Leto, and Jennifer Garner. The film is the tragic true story of AIDS victim Ron Woodruff. When we first meet Ron, he is a trash-talking, racist, redneck, drunk, druggie, gambling, bigot. We see him constantly having sex with different women, as soon as the movie starts. We see him do drugs, attack police officers, cheat people out of money, and have more sex. Then we see him get told he has AIDS, and has 30 days to live. He spends the next month taking medicine and doing drugs. After this month is up, he decides to head to Mexico to get more medicine that will help him. Once he gets there, he realizes he can make a quick buck by taking the drugs to the US and selling them. Only problem is, it's illegal to sell non-approved drugs for profit. So Woodruff and Rayon, a transgender woman with HIV, create the Dallas Buyers Club. In short, people pay $400 to join the club, and then get free drugs. Now we have our story. So how is it? I personally really enjoyed this movie. It was funny at parts, tragic at parts, and just happy at parts. McConaughey and Leto give the best performances of their careers, or at least my personal favorites. The story was a sad one, but it offers a great insight into the world of HIV positive victims. I won't spoil anything that happened, but there are some really touching moments in this movie. My favorite aspect of this movie is the growing relationship between Ron and Rayon. Although Ron is distant at first, he begins to respect her, and consider her a close friend. So much so that he attacks a man for insulting her. That was my favorite part of the movie, but mainly because I love a good redemption story. While it is a very good movie, I didn't feel like it was truly amazing. The acting was amazing, but that's about it. They've won their Oscars for this roll, and they deserve it, because as I said, they are amazing in this movie. It's a great movie, but not one I feel I'll ever want to watch again. Dallas Buyers Club gets a B.

sane
02-23-2015, 11:07 PM
The Oscars

http://www.gotchamovies.com/sites/default/files/styles/news_body_images_580px_wide_scale/public/file/ajax/field_news_image/und/0/form-KdzLNsFzh7KHscjUZ7-SfK_Q0WIqQPNUiudg_tn00uI/130906165259-neil-patrick-harris-emmys-2013-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg?itok=YlEou3S8So for those of you living under a rock, the Oscars were last night. Who am I to judge? This was my first Oscar ceremony! I really enjoyed it, and will definitely watch the next one. I'm here to talk about some of the main categories.

Best Cinematographer - Emmanuel Lubezki: I knew he would win. The work he did in Birdman was revolutionary. Speaking of, I will have my review of Birdman up soon.

Best Director -Alejandro G. Inarritu: Again, I knew he would win.

Best Supporting Actor - J.K. Simmons: I'm discussing the obvious winners first. This one was the very first award given, and I thought it was hilarious how the most obvious was given first.

Best Actress - Julianne Moore: I haven't seen Still Alice yet, but I heard she was good, so I might change my mind when I do see it. I was really hoping for Rosamund Pike to win for Gone Girl. I really think Gone Girl and Nightcrawler were left out this year. They were both amazing movies in my opinion.

Best Writing Adapted Screenplay - The Imitation Game: I was thrilled to see some love for The Imitation Game. It was one of my personal favorites.

Best Animated Feature - Big Hero 6: I really think The Lego Movie should have won, but it wasn't nominated, which was complete bullshit. I loved Big Hero 6, and I've seen it twice already, with a third viewing coming this week and a review, and I'm so glad it won, but The Lego Movie was just better. For this category however, it's the only one I've seen, but I'm glad it won.

Best Actor - Eddie Redmayne: I haven't seen The Theory of Everything yet, but if it's anything like I heard it was, congrats kid. Personally, I would have loved too see Benedict Cumberbatch won. If David Oyelowo wasn't fucking snubbed, he'd be my first choice, but alas.

Best Picture - Birdman (Or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance): Again, my review will come soon. I loved this movie, and although I was personally wanting Whiplash to win, I was happy seeing this win as well.

So there you have it! If anyone saw it, comment below and let me know how you thought it should have gone down.

Also, would you guys like to see a Top 10 Best Films of the year? Or a Top 10 Worst Films of the year? Let me know.

I also have a shit-ton of reviews coming soon, most, if not all of, I'll list now.

Birdman, District 9, Lucy, The Maze Runner, Big Hero 6, The Lego Movie, Argo.

sane
02-24-2015, 02:23 PM
Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Birdman_poster.jpg

Birdman is directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarruti and stars Michael Keaton, Edward Norton, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Zach Galifianakis, Amy Ryan, and Andrea Riseborough. The story follows Riggan Thompson, played by Keaton, and is actually a very similar retelling of Keaton's time as Batman. We see Riggan Thompson, a former hollywood celebrity, who is known for playing the superhero Birdman. After disappearing for a few years, Thompson decides to bring respect back to his name by directing and staring in a theatrical adaptation of Raymond Carver's short story, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love. He battles his ego and his past as he struggles to maintain control of his play.

This film, is amazing. It will go down as one of the best films ever made, that much is clear, and it deserves it. This movie is revolutionary, in its message, acting, style, and cinematography. If you haven't heard by now, the entire film is made too look like it was filmed in one shot. There are transitions, but you have to have some knowledge of filming to see where they would be. It's amazing seeing these actors play off of each other so well, and with half of the main cast having ties to the superhero genre, it just makes it even more great. We see the former Batman battles his inner turmoil while the former Hulk is a raging monster who could blow at any moment. Everyone was phenomenal in this movie. I especially loved seeing Zach Galifianakis play a much serious role, and he does it great. The story and the dialogue is funny, informative, and dramatic at times it needs to be. This film is about finding your place in the world, and I don't want to say anymore without ruining it. It's one of the best films I've ever seen. Birdman gets an A. Everyone needs to see this movie. Go watch it.

sane
02-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Lucy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Lucy_(2014_film)_poster.jpg

Lucy is directed by Luc Besson, and stars Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman. I've had the luck of not seeing any bad movies lately, with the lowest score on my reviews being for The Interview, and even then I liked the movie. I never cared to see this movie, but my dad rented it, mainly because Scar Jo is beautiful, and I watched it with him. The entire concept of the movie seemed boring to me, but I gave it a chance. The film is very short by the way, only 80 minutes long. I wasn't expecting that. The story follows Lucy, played by Scar Jo, as she gets wrapped up into a world of drugs that enhance her mind's ability to work and allows her to use more of her brain. Because apparently, a random drug can suddenly turn you into a god.

nYb6rwtOx4Q

To put it bluntly, this was not a good movie. I expected at best to see a very hot Scar Jo do crazy and cool shit with her mind, and for the most part, that's all this movie is. If you can go into this film and not give a fuck about how it works or how most of what they are saying is probably bullshit, you may like it. I don't think that was enough for me however. The acting is good, the shots look very good. They do this thing early on where it shows animals doing shit, and I guess it's how different animals adapt in their surroundings? It sounds like an ok thing to switch to, but they show it 4 times and never again. The last half of this movie seems really rushed. The beginning was slow, as it introduced the one character's name. Then the last half of the movie where we want to see her do a bunch of cool shit was just sped through. Honestly, this movie had some cool scenes, good actors, and maybe the occasional funny joke, but it was rushed, half-assed, pretentious in the sense that they trick you into thinking they know science, and overall, I have to give Lucy a D.

GonadTheNomad
02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
I still don't get how a movie from, like, last year still is using the 10% brain usage trope.

sane
02-27-2015, 12:09 AM
It's alright to rent, but it really just wasn't a good movie. It wasn't terrible though.

sane
03-02-2015, 12:34 PM
The Maze Runner

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-8dtPLAkQMuM/VA5xOezXgGI/AAAAAAAAAPM/AoPnawrjKwc/s1600/The%2BMaze%2BRunner%2BMovie%2B(1).jpg

The Maze Runner is directed by Wes Ball, and stars Dylan O' Brian, Thomas Brodie-Sangster, Will Poulter, Aml Ameen, and Kaya Scodelario. This movie is yet another live-action adaptation of a teenager girl's book series. Is it terrible like Twilight, or pretty good like Hunger Games? I think it's somewhere in between. I want to keep this short and sweet because I don't have time, but I really want to explain how I feel, and do something with this thread. I'd say it's somewhere in the middle of The Hunger Games and Twilight. It's not at all a bad movie, but it's not great. Especially near the end, the film really just "ehh's" itself. The acting is pretty good, it looks really cool, the entire world that's been created, and the maze looks pretty sick. The first 2 acts of this movie, were actually really good. I liked it a lot better than Hunger Games at some point, but I'm not the biggest Hunger Games fan. It's still good though.

I really loved the first 2 parts of this film, but I won't spoil the ending, but it just builds up for a sequel. That's really all it's there for. I hate seeing that. The film was doing VERY good up until the end of it. They completely change the pace of the movie, and it upsets me. If the ending was fixed to be like the first 2 acts of the movie, I'd actually give it an A. Because the ending was really bad, I'm gonna have to give it a C. Almost a B though! But the final grade for The Maze Runner is a B. If they fix this problem in the sequel, but keep it as interesting as this was at the beginning and middle, I'll be very pleased with this movie. Still worth a rent though.

sane
03-03-2015, 12:01 PM
District 9

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/district9/assets/images/onesheet.jpg

District 9 is written and directed by first time South African director, Neill Blomkamp, one of my favorite directors working today. It stars a completely unknown cast, with the main role going to a very talented Sharlto Copley. The film shows a different version of Earth in 1982. An alien ship full of Prawns have arrived above Johannesburg, South Africa. The Prawns are unwelcome by the human race, and have been placed in a camp called District 9. Twenty-eight years later, the government moves in to relocate the Prawns to a new location, taking them away from their homes. Wikus van de Merwe has been hired to lead the relocation. After he is infected by a strange device found in one of the homes, he is hunted by the government as he slowly transforms into a Prawn. On a desperate search to reclaim his life, his tragic story unfolds.

This is hands down one of my favorite movies of all time. I love the character of Wikus, and I especially love the world that has been created here. The movie deals with different controversies that still affect us today, such as racism, humanity, and segregation. The story is a sad one, but at the same time, it's a tale of understanding that even though we are all different, we are still the same inside.

http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/3920132018169.jpg

Even though it may just seem like a strange science fiction movie, the message is all to real, and is one that I see people go through each and every day. This cast of unknown actors is amazing, with Sharlto Copley being phenomenal. It's not every day a group of unknown actors and directors can come together to make something so unique and amazing. I love the way it's filmed as well, it's supposed to be a documentary on Wikus's character, while also showing his story unfold for the audience. I won't spoil what happens, but the ending is amazing, and it offers hope in a prejudice world.

This is one of my favorite movies of all time, and it gets an A. Please watch this movie if you haven't yet.

sane
03-07-2015, 11:16 PM
Annie Jr. - Handley High School

http://www.journeytheater.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/annie-jr.jpg

TOMORROW, TOMORROW, I LOVE YA, TOMORROW. YOU'RE ALWAYS A DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fucking love that.

So we finished our production of Annie Jr., so how did it go?

It went fucking fantastic. I was a firm believer that it was going to be shit. It actually was for the most part. We used a real dog as Sandy and it shit all over the stage. After we got rid of the dog, we started to get the hang of what we were actually doing. From then on, it went amazing. I guess I should start with how everyone did.

Servants, Tourists, and Maids - Played by the extras. They did really well! I never really got to see much of the play, but I could hear them, and I loved it.

Mr. Bundles (the Laundry Man) - Played by Cash. He did really well for his small part, and when the laundry basket broke on stage, Cash improvised by picking up the basket containing Annie and saying, "Boy, this thing sure is heavy." Brilliant.

The Orphans - Played by middle school girls, there was some drama going on backstage, and a few of them had some attitude every now and then, but eventually we would all sing together and have fun. (Shoutout to Faith, my homegirl.)

President Franklin D. Roosevelt - Played by one of my best friends, Kevin. He did amazing, and he gave a great solo at the end. Hilarious to be around, and helped me get ready and conquer my stage fright.

Grace - Played by TyYonna. She did fantastic. Simple as that. I love Ty.

Warbucks - Played by Jacob. I was really upset he was Warbucks. He never showed up for practice, was a dick, and just didn't care. Sometime when it started however, he changed a bit. He was fun to be around, he got his lines down, and he would sing along with us from time to time. He wasn't great as Warbucks, but he was better than we thought he would be. Props to you Jacob.

Mrs. Hannigan - Played by Meilani. Well, Meilani is fucking brilliant in every goddamn thing she does. She was great in this too. (Hiya sis.)

Lily - Played by Harli. Yep, my old crush that I'd run to this site and vent about played my gal, and we had pretty fucking great chemistry if I say so myself. It was fun to be around Harli, and we made a lot of jokes together. She was great to work with, and I was grateful that I spent the most time with someone I actually could tolerate.

Annie - Played by Bri'an. Fucking shit. I'll just link a video when I find one. I fucking love this child. She was amazing as Annie, and her fucking singing voice is brilliant.

and finally.......

Rooster Hannigan - Played by me. I was fucking nervous as hell, I had stage fright, I was sure I was going to mess up, and I hated being there.

I stole the show. I was told that, by tons and tons of people. The actors backstage all said I was the best one there. I got applause after applause, and it felt amazing.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10206290823257593&pnref=story

I owe it all to Mr. Murphy.

The songs went great, the people were so much fun to work with, and I miss it already.

It gets an A+. Because I'm biased as fuck.

sane
03-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Big Hero 6

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140408201040/disney/images/5/55/Big_Hero_6_poster.jpg

Big Hero 6 is directed by Don Hall and Chris Williams, and is based of the Marvel property of the same name. The story is a simple one... if you're in the Marvel Universe. In the city of San Fransokyo, there is a genius teenager named Hiro. With an interest in robotics, he is urged by his brother to join his college to help create revolutionary technology. When tragedy strikes, Hiro must form a group to stop a threat from disrupting peace.

I loved this movie, and seeing it 3 times didn't do anything to diminish that fact. It looks great, I really felt sympathy for the character of Hiro, and related to him in many ways. The main star of this movie is Baymax, the robot created by Hiro's brother. Baymax is basically a clueless robot, whose only purpose is to help people. He's not an idiot, just really blind to human emotions. Baymax made me laugh so many times in this movie, and their relationship really was a great one. I'd say better than Elsa's and Anna's.

I teared up many times in this movie, and I loved it. My dad teared up near the end as well. It really hits the heartstrings.

I do wish the group of friends were a bit better. Only one really stood out and made me laugh, but the rest were just there. The villain was pretty great however.

In the end, Big Hero 6 gets a B+. I really enjoyed it, and I recommend watching it as soon as you can.

Katz
03-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Is this what you want Hiro?

sane
03-14-2015, 03:26 PM
You guys should like totally suggest some topics for me to talk about.

Like favorite whatevers

or least favorite

or whatever

sane
03-16-2015, 07:35 PM
How to Train Your Dragon 2

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzMwMTAwODczN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDk2NDA4MTE@._ V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

I really liked this movie. It made me tear up. It's on Netflix, go watch.

sane
03-18-2015, 10:32 AM
The Sane Train has been placed on hiatus due to the fact I'm tired of this at the moment.

The new Cinderella movie is pretty freaking great. It's exactly like the animation, minus singing. Go watch it.

sane
03-27-2015, 07:41 PM
so yeah I haven't seen any new movies recently. But the Sane Train is officially off hiatus! Is there anything I should review until then? Maybe some... comic book news? Or... video games? How about... a song?

Dr. Stein
03-29-2015, 11:43 AM
RWBY and/or Blue Exorcist

They're both on Netflix

If you're not really an anime fan, then how about Sherlock Holmes (the one with Robert Downey Jr.)

sane
04-06-2015, 05:22 PM
RWBY and/or Blue Exorcist

They're both on Netflix

If you're not really an anime fan, then how about Sherlock Holmes (the one with Robert Downey Jr.)

Netflix I can for sure watch. I'll look into it. For the Sherlock movie, I don't usually get to seek out movies like that. Unless it is on Netflix too? I usually just get to review new movies as we rent them, or movies I catch on TV.

If everything goes according to plan, tonight I should be reviewing the following.

How to Train Your Dragon 2
Cinderella
Interstellar
Edge of Tomorrow

sane
04-10-2015, 11:56 AM
Black Ops 3 Discussion

So if any of you follow Call of Duty, you may have heard about the recent Black Ops 3 teaser. I myself used to be a huge fan of Black Ops, but I have grown away from it. I was never really a fan of Ghosts, Modern Warfare, or Advanced Warfare. Black Ops was one of the first videogames that got me into gaming, and it has a place in my heart. Call of Duty has received a lot of hate the past few years, but I was never bothered much. I only liked Black Ops, and I didn't care about the rest. I'm not going to be a reviewer who hates things just because it's popular to hate, or liking things that are deemed the best ever. I kind of like Nickelback. A lot of people don't, and I understand, but I grew up listening to them with my dad, and I've always liked them. I played a little bit of Ocarina of Time, and granted I probably shouldn't make judgements considering I only played it for a bit, but I didn't like much of what I played. I appreciate it, and I like some aspects of it, but it's just not my favorite. I didn't care for it much. I'm chasing rabbits here, so I'll get back to the point. I'm a fan of the Black Ops games, and while Call of Duty is thought of by some to be dogshit, I'm anticipating this new game. I love Zombies, and if this brings it back in a fun way, then I'll be happy. The multiplayer is fun, but it's not my favorite either. The stories are great in my opinion, and I've played through them many times. The point is, I like a game series that is infamous for being repetitive and shitty. I don't think so, but whatever! We like what we like. How do you guys feel about the new game? Let me know below.

sane
04-13-2015, 09:28 AM
Ant-Man Trailer Review

So the official trailer for Ant-Man has been released, and it looks pretty amazing. The teaser never really did anything for me, but honestly, this is probably one of my favorite Marvel trailers, as well as one of my more ant-icipated movies of the year. The trailer gives more insight on who exactly Scott Lang is, as well as Ant-Man himself. We also find out a bit more about the movie, and it looks like Ant-Man will be used to steal something important that may set the Marvel Universe on a path towards Infinity War. At least I hope so. It shows a way more Ant-Man scenes, and it looks pretty great. What surprised me is the amount of humor that was in this trailer alone. I knew Paul Rudd would bring some great laughs to this movie, but combined with the concept of Ant-Man, which is pretty outlandish, it made for some great scenes that I hope hold up well in the movie. We also get our first look at Yellowjacket in action, and he looks pretty great, and very menacing. This film already looked good, but this trailer just made me VERY excited for this movie. I always felt this was the most under-rated movie Marvel's ever put out. There has been, no hype for this movie at all. I'm so glad it's finally getting looked at with some respect and excitement.

How did you like the trailer? Comment below and let me know.

Spars
04-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Black Ops 3 Discussion

So if any of you follow Call of Duty, you may have heard about the recent Black Ops 3 teaser. I myself used to be a huge fan of Black Ops, but I have grown away from it. I was never really a fan of Ghosts, Modern Warfare, or Advanced Warfare. Black Ops was one of the first videogames that got me into gaming, and it has a place in my heart. Call of Duty has received a lot of hate the past few years, but I was never bothered much. I only liked Black Ops, and I didn't care about the rest. I'm not going to be a reviewer who hates things just because it's popular to hate, or liking things that are deemed the best ever. I kind of like Nickelback. A lot of people don't, and I understand, but I grew up listening to them with my dad, and I've always liked them. I played a little bit of Ocarina of Time, and granted I probably shouldn't make judgements considering I only played it for a bit, but I didn't like much of what I played. I appreciate it, and I like some aspects of it, but it's just not my favorite. I didn't care for it much. I'm chasing rabbits here, so I'll get back to the point. I'm a fan of the Black Ops games, and while Call of Duty is thought of by some to be dogshit, I'm anticipating this new game. I love Zombies, and if this brings it back in a fun way, then I'll be happy. The multiplayer is fun, but it's not my favorite either. The stories are great in my opinion, and I've played through them many times. The point is, I like a game series that is infamous for being repetitive and shitty. I don't think so, but whatever! We like what we like. How do you guys feel about the new game? Let me know below.

Deffo getting BO3. BO1 got me into online gaming and was super fun, BO2 was amazing and only behind Destiny in my favorite online games ever. AW and Ghosts sucked IMO but I'm getting BO3. If it sucks also I'm completely done with CoD.

sane
04-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Skyrim review

So yeah, I finally got around to playing Skyrim. I haven't beaten it yet, but when does anyone ever beat it right? I probably should finish the campaign, but I want to go ahead and give my first impressions of it. The main reason I never played Skyrim when I had it was because of the size. I usually like smaller games where there is a simple goal. This game had everything, and it was just very difficult for me to navigate. I decided to buy it again, and I'm glad I did. I learned the area of Skyrim, and it really helped. I know where the main capitals are and what's there for me. It really helps a lot when I'm trying to breeze through missions. I didn't care for the story the first time I played it, but it's pretty great now. I've discussed with my friends many times on which side I should pick, and I ended up going with Imperials. I haven't gotten in yet, but that's where I'm headed. Like I said, I'm new to the game, but I just wanted to get a review out. My character is a level 15 Breton, and while I've upgraded my destruction magic, sneaking, and most recently blacksmithing, my main focus has been on the bow. I enjoy using the one-handed weapons at time, as well as magic, but there is something so satisfying when I stop time and pierce a bear through the face with my Dwarven bow. There is so much stuff to do in this game, and while the lag and the loading time sucks, you will never get bored. I recommend this game to anyone who enjoys a game and has free time. A lot of free time.

sane
04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Jurassic World Trailer review

So if you've been on the internet at all, you've probably heard that this is the biggest weekend of blockbuster trailers ever. From Star Wars to Batman vs Superman, to Fantastic Four to Jurassic World, I'm going to review them all. First up is Jurassic World. I've been a little ehh about this movie so far. The first trailer looked good, but I thought some things looked kind of dumb, but I was willing to go with it. This trailer just answers every problem someone may have about the first one, and it improves greatly. First things first, Owen (Chris Pratt) has not TRAINED the dinosaurs. He says it's about relationships, which doesn't mean he's trained it yet, or is even planning on training it. I never had a problem with it, but other people did. Second, I was a bit worried about the genetically modified dinosaurs. They say that the only reason they did it was because corporate thought it would bring in more money and "up the wow factor." Owen then says, "They're dinosaurs, that's wow enough." Which I really loved. The movie already looks action-packed, and very enjoyable. I hope this movie does well, not just for the franchise, but for Chris Pratt. He's had a great movie run the past 2 years, and I hope it continues. So far, this movie looks a lot better than I thought it would be. I was a doubtful about this movie, just like Fantastic Four (review coming next) but they have both proved to be a force to be reckoned with this summer, and I can't wait to see them.

sane
04-29-2015, 02:50 PM
so yeah this needs to be updated. I'll try to work on some reviews soon.

Also, instead of letter grades, I'm just gonna do a 1/10 thing. I do it any other time. I never use a letter grade like wtf

sane
05-01-2015, 10:07 AM
Will Smith as Deadshot

ew no

https://twitter.com/seansmovies/status/593859594524315648/photo/1

YellowNerd
05-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I like it.

sane
06-17-2015, 11:50 PM
Fury road was awesome as fuck 9/10

sane
07-04-2015, 02:56 PM
this shit

Yeah I'll do it soon

I got games now so yeah

I get a laptop in maybe 2 weeks

Turtlesauce
07-06-2015, 01:57 AM
It would be cool if you could review Nolan's Batman trilogy and/or the Arkham Game series

sane
07-27-2015, 11:48 PM
Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

So you all know the story. If not, WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. While I have my phone, I'll briefly touch on movies in reviews.

Lord of the Rings is great. I never cared about cinematography until these movies. The cast is perfect, the dialogue and locations are great, but for me, the characters make the movie amazing. Aragorn is my favorite, with Samwise as a SUPER CLOSE second. Actually, tied for first. Not one character is weak. The music is fucking majestic and beautiful, and what else can I say? Maybe they'll make a sequel.

10/10

Not my favorite movie, but close.

sane
08-04-2015, 12:06 AM
Stan Lee vs Jim Henson

We all expected a clusterfuck of characters to come in. We all wanted it I believe. I think it is better this way. Regardless of how Walt was portrayed, this was new territory for the series. It actually felt like a story. Stan Lee and Jim Henson were portrayed perfect, probably the best portrayals in the entire series. You can really tell these people mean a lot to ERB. That's what makes this great for me. As much as I would have loved to see something different, I'm happier with what we got.

Stan Lee and Jim Henson were portrayed perfectly, but the rapping was also great. Stan won the battle for me. I loved his lines, and his flow was pretty marvelous. Henson didn't have the best lines, but it really just flourished his character even more by not having him completely diss someone. That's not how Henson would have been. It's all fun to watch Mr. Rodgers whoop Mr. T's ass lyrically, but I really believe if Henson was portrayed anything like Rodgers, people would have been very upset.

Even Stan Lee apologizing fit well. Stan is such a nice guy, it's hard to see him go that far, and he realized it. I loved this moment actually. It's probably my favorite part.

Kermit was fucking dope as hell. Great impression.

Now... for Walt. I don't like Sherwin much, but he played a good Walt. I would have preferred a kinder Walt, because that's the perception I have of him, but if my perception is wrong, he was also portrayed perfect. He wasn't exactly a bad guy, just a businessman. He had some of the coolest lines no doubt, especially the owning ERB line. I just feel like Walt could have been done a lot better, or at least used in a different battle. It's not terrible though, and really makes this battle that much more personal and intense.

All in all, a few viewings have made me decide what to rate this.

I'm giving this an 8/10. If Walt was done differently, it may have been a perfect score, but with what we got, it's the best finale, just beating Russians for me.

sane
08-04-2015, 12:25 AM
Paper Mario

First some background info. I wasn't exactly the most up to date kid. I never watched all the shows or had any of the toys kids my age did. I did however, play some great video-games. I have no clue where my parents got them, or how, but I'm glad they did. So for my reviews on video-games, I'll probably do two reviews a week. An old videogame and a new generation videogame review a week. To classify one as an old videogame, it has to be before Gamecube. Anything after is considered new generation to me.

Disclaimer: I never owned a Gamecube.

Now without further ado, my favorite videogame of all time.

Paper Mario is Nintendo's attempt at making a follow-up to Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Basically, Peach is kidnapped. Shocking right? You, (Mario in paper form) have to rescue seven star spirits from Bowser's minions, so you can get enough power to fight the now invincible Bowser and rescue Peach. Along the way, you meet some kick-ass partners, each with a different ability. Along with fighting plenty of Goombas, Bloopers, Bomb-Ombs, and Koopas, you have some big-bad bosses guarding each Star. You must use your new abilities (and badges that you found, which improve your stats or give you boosts) to defeat each boss and rescue a Star. In between each chapter, you can play as Peach as she explores her castle trying to find information for Mario, all while dodging Bowser and his guards.

This is such a beautiful game. The dialogue can be heartfelt, funny, and yes, sometimes stupid, BUT THE GOOD FUN NINTENDO STUPID. The music is so much fun and puts you right in this paper world, and the turn based fighting is so rewarding after you beat difficult bosses. You can even make Mario so powerful, enemies run away from him. It's amazing. The partners are what really make this game great though. My personal favorite is Watt. She's just a cute little ball of electricity that you rescue from a mini-boss. There are tons of different badges and upgrades and items, that you can play through this game numerous times and still feel a major difference each time. Not as much replay value as Skyrim, but really, what does? The fight with Bowser at the end is the single most rewarding Bowser fight in the entire Mario series, and the ending itself is just so... right. It's great.

I think that's about all I know to say. I love this game, so fucking much. It's my favorite, and it's very under-rated. Not many people have even heard of it, let alone play it. That's a shame. It's currently on the Wii U Virtual Console, and it is just as fun as it was for N64. Give this game a chance if you haven't, you may find yourself loving it.

I'm giving this game a 10/10, I have not one problem with this game.

Turtlesauce
08-04-2015, 05:10 AM
Stan Lee vs Jim Henson

We all expected a clusterfuck of characters to come in. We all wanted it I believe. I think it is better this way. Regardless of how Walt was portrayed, this was new territory for the series. It actually felt like a story. Stan Lee and Jim Henson were portrayed perfect, probably the best portrayals in the entire series. You can really tell these people mean a lot to ERB. That's what makes this great for me. As much as I would have loved to see something different, I'm happier with what we got.

Stan Lee and Jim Henson were portrayed perfectly, but the rapping was also great. Stan won the battle for me. I loved his lines, and his flow was pretty marvelous. Henson didn't have the best lines, but it really just flourished his character even more by not having him completely diss someone. That's not how Henson would have been. It's all fun to watch Mr. Rodgers whoop Mr. T's ass lyrically, but I really believe if Henson was portrayed anything like Rodgers, people would have been very upset.

Even Stan Lee apologizing fit well. Stan is such a nice guy, it's hard to see him go that far, and he realized it. I loved this moment actually. It's probably my favorite part.

Kermit was fucking dope as hell. Great impression.

Now... for Walt. I don't like Sherwin much, but he played a good Walt. I would have preferred a kinder Walt, because that's the perception I have of him, but if my perception is wrong, he was also portrayed perfect. He wasn't exactly a bad guy, just a businessman. He had some of the coolest lines no doubt, especially the owning ERB line. I just feel like Walt could have been done a lot better, or at least used in a different battle. It's not terrible though, and really makes this battle that much more personal and intense.

All in all, a few viewings have made me decide what to rate this.

I'm giving this an 8/10. If Walt was done differently, it may have been a perfect score, but with what we got, it's the best finale, just beating Russians for me.

This review is why I love this thread.

Summed up everything I love and hate about the battle. Nice job

sane
08-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Well thank you. I'd like to clarify, Walt's flow brought the thing down a point, and his portrayal in this. Sherwin was the best choice, but not here. He should have had his own battle.

Or you know, an extra 2 minutes like we all thought while first seeing the video length. 5 minutes of this battle and a better flow would have probably given this a perfect score.

sane
08-07-2015, 12:15 AM
BGO: My Game (Match between Polar - Lo - Gonad)

IN THE SPIRIT OF THE MATCH, LETS DO IT IN ALL CAPS.

SO POLAR BEING A FUCKBOI STARTED THE GAME WITHOUT ME. LET'S BAN.

THE ENTIRE GAME IS IN CAPS LOCK. EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ON FIRE.

"FUCK YEAH CAT BUS" -LOHUYDAHUTT

LIKE EVERY OTHER BGO WITH YOU ALL, MUSIC VIDEOS FEATURING JAPANESE GIRLS ARE A MUST.

WARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE USED HIS ROC'S FEATHER TO JUMP FORWARD 3 SPACES.PALADIN [GONADTHENOMAD] IS GONNA USE HIS DISS CARD: KNOCKBACK.WARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE USED SOME COCAINE AND FEELS AWESOME.WARLOCK [LOHUYDAHUTT] ATTRACTEDWARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE WITH HIS TRACTOR BEAM, WHO GOT PULLED 11 SPACES BACK.WARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE SAYS:DON'T YOU DAREWARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE SAYS:DON'T YOU DARE

I'M QUITE CONFUSED

AND NOW MY FONT IS BOLD?

POLAR IS WAY AHEAD OF EVERYONE ELSE. MAYBE HE'LL HURRY THE FUCK UP AND WIN SO I CAN PLAY WITH THEM. JUST FUCKING MAYBE. PRICK.

I AM COVERING THIS WAR

BECAUSE FRANK WEST

WARLOCK [LOHUYDAHUTT]'S DISS CARD KILLED WARLOCK [SIRWILLIAM] OF WALLACE.

http://media.giphy.com/media/D6nYmVx2p3Hqg/giphy.gif

EVERYONE IS DRUGGED UP NOW.

I'M GONNA PLAY A GAME OF SMASH AFTER I GET MY CHARGER, I'LL POST THE RESULTS NEXT.

INSTEAD, I'LL JUST HAVE THEM POST THE RESULTS SO PEOPLE HAVE TO COME TO THIS THREAD.

All in all, this insane review is actually fitting to the theme of the game. Wacky, all-out insane fun. This is one of the craziest games I have ever played, and the fact that none of it is shocking to me really shows just how much of an impact you guys have had on me over the years.

BGO gets an 8/10, it's a super-fun game, especially with people you know, but it gets old after a few games, at least for me.

Turtlesauce
08-07-2015, 02:55 AM
BGO gets an 8/10, it's a super-fun game, especially with people you know, but it gets old after a few games, at least for me.

Especially when Ranger wins every damn game and then says "It's all about chance"

sane
08-12-2015, 10:45 PM
Here are some things that I will review, but haven't yet.

Horrible Bosses 2
Age of Ultron
Jurassic World
Mad Max
Ant-Man
Inside Out
Minions
Super Mario Galaxy
Kingsmen: The Secret Service
Slow West

All of these will be reviewed, but it's up to you all to pick in what order.

Actually, someone just pick one of these things for me to review tonight.

Poles
08-13-2015, 01:07 AM
review minions online

sane
08-13-2015, 01:14 AM

what does this mean

Poles
08-13-2015, 01:18 AM
what does this mean

there was a spambot who posted "watch minions online" a while ago

Turtlesauce
08-13-2015, 03:50 AM
MAAAAAAAAAAD MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX

sane
08-13-2015, 03:58 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3d/Minions_poster.jpg/220px-Minions_poster.jpg

Minions review

Let me just say, I watched this because my mom wanted too. I don't hate the minions, I always thought they were hilarious in the first Despicable Me, and they were the only reason I watched the second one. I totally see the point in making this, the minions fucking sell like crazy are a funny set of characters at times. I don't know how much I want to say about this. I don't care for this movie much. It was exactly what you think a minions movie would be like. If you liked the minions, give it a rent. You may have a laugh or two. That's all I can say. Despicable Me never was that great a movie, it only sold like it did because of minions. The first one was fine, the second one was ok, and this is just ok. Like I said, if you like minions, rent it. If you could care less, you're not missing anything. I didn't go in expecting a heartwarming story or anything, and I was right. It's just ok.

5/10

sane
08-18-2015, 11:13 PM
With my busy schedule, I realize now that there a lot of movies I still have to review, but with little time.

I am now going to give my grades for a few movies I saw, and a short summary of why I liked/disliked it.

This way, I can update this thread whenever I do something new or nostalgic, and won't be swamped with many other movies/games/shows.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - Really fun movie. Saw it with a bunch of friends. The Avengers was better, but this was one fine. I enjoyed some scenes and characters more than others, but overall fun movie. If you like Marvel, check it out. If you don't, it won't convince you.

7/10

Jurassic World - Not nearly as good as the first, but I believe it is the best sequel. Chris Pratt is so damn fun, even when he isn't the funniest. Some characters are shitty, some are fine, nothing really special except for Pratt. I like the things they added to make this reboot relevant, but nothing super amazing. Mainly gets this rating because I had so much fun with it.

7/10

Horrible Bosses 2 - The first movie was pretty funny, probably a 7 for me. This movie isn't terrible, I just didn't like it nearly as much. The characters weren't as fun as last time, and a lot of jokes were just kind of a chuckle if not anything at all. I laughed some, not enough to give it a great rating. I always enjoy Charlie Day and Jamie Foxx though, and here they were pretty great.

5/10

That's all I'm doing now, tomorrow is a busy day, so don't expect anything, but if I have time, I'll get these out next.

Kingsmen
Inside Out
Slow West
Mad Max
Ant-Man

Turtlesauce
08-19-2015, 01:47 AM
I only watched Horrible Bosses because of how hot Jennifer Anniston is.

anyway, great reviews. I might watch Age of Ultron

sane
08-23-2015, 12:13 AM
Inside Out

The latest Pixar movie (unless Good Dinosaur just came out and you read this late) is truly an emotional one. Pixar's had a bumpy road lately. Not saying they made bad movies, but for Pixar they have. Growing up, Pixar was the name I knew separate from Disney. I knew the difference. That's how unique they made their movies. There movies are still some of the best I have ever seen today. I love them all. Well, I did love them all. Cars was fine, Monsters University was fine, I've never finished Brave because it bored me, and Cars 2 is the only bad movie I think Pixar has made. Actually, Dreamworks has really stepped up since Pixar has been shitty lately The trailers for Inside Out made me gain hope again for Pixar. So when it finally came out, I was very excited to watch it. After viewing it the first time, I had the reaction of "It was good." But maybe that's just me. Even after watching it a second time, I still feel that way. It's far from a bad movie, I actually think it's one of Pixar's most creative and smartest. I just think I overhyped it so much it didn't deliver. I expected it to take me back to Toy Story and Finding Nemo, but really it was just a good movie. It could be that Pixar has lost its charm that the first few movies had, or maybe I just lost that connection. The story is fine, the characters are fine, nobody really stood out for me (although I enjoyed what little we see of Bill Hader as Fear the most) and the message itself was more than fine, it was actually a really family centered one that I personally loved. I don't know why I don't see it like I did other Pixar movies. Still, it's a great movie, just not my personal favorite from Pixar.

Inside Out gets an 8/10.

Poles
08-23-2015, 12:18 AM
wow only an 8/10

(I haven't even seen this, I've just been told it's the best thing ever)

sane
08-23-2015, 12:26 AM
Green Lantern review

if you like this movie you're bad and should feel bad it's stupid. Ryan Reynolds could probably make a decent Hal Jordan if done right but never fucking mind that shit huh bitch. Mainly the only good thing I remember about this movie is the chick was super hot. 10/10. The chick not the movie hell no lol. The villains were fucking big headed fart clouds and shit and it's just a stupid movie. The jokes are dumb as fuck and honestly I'm not exaggerating, I get queasy when I think of this movie. So when someone mentions Green Lantern this is all I can think about so shit that's like 1 fucking huge super-hero in the popular culture than I can't even fucking picture without getting sad and feeling sick.

so fuck you ryan reynolds, but mark strong as Sinestro is cool. Ryan is cool tho because of deadpool now

anyways shit. If I care about a movie I'll actually post seriously but if I disliked a movie I'll probably rush through reviews and give the score.

Green Lantern gets a 3/10 and that's fucking generous because damn she was hot

sane
08-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Mad Max: Fury Road review

BOW BOW BOW

DUNNNU DUNNU DUNDHDUUDDNDNDH

FUCK THIS MOVIE IS GREAT. I'm watching reviews of it, and hell I'm hyped for it still. I'm so buying this. I bought the soundtrack, and it's one of the first movie soundtracks ever. I almost killed myself because I drive fast down the road listening to this. I'm keeping this short because this is a fucking experience. It really is. I never saw any Mad Max movies, but goddamn this is a great introduction. There's not even that much dialogue, which is the ONLY thing I was upset by, because everyone sounds amazing I wanted more. That's not even Miller's fault, I'm just a spoiled brat. This movie is fucking intense, exciting, and well... mad. The characters are amazing, the music is amazing, the action is fucking brilliant, genius, mad, amazing, other adjectives here. Watch this movie. Fucking watch it.

Mad Max: Fury Road gets a 10/10.

Turtlesauce
08-24-2015, 05:08 AM
Mad Max: Fury Road review

BOW BOW BOW

DUNNNU DUNNU DUNDHDUUDDNDNDH

FUCK THIS MOVIE IS GREAT. I'm watching reviews of it, and hell I'm hyped for it still. I'm so buying this. I bought the soundtrack, and it's one of the first movie soundtracks ever. I almost killed myself because I drive fast down the road listening to this. I'm keeping this short because this is a fucking experience. It really is. I never saw any Mad Max movies, but goddamn this is a great introduction. There's not even that much dialogue, which is the ONLY thing I was upset by, because everyone sounds amazing I wanted more. That's not even Miller's fault, I'm just a spoiled brat. This movie is fucking intense, exciting, and well... mad. The characters are amazing, the music is amazing, the action is fucking brilliant, genius, mad, amazing, other adjectives here. Watch this movie. Fucking watch it.

Mad Max: Fury Road gets a 10/10.

The other Mad Maxes are not like this.

This one is more action-y and more fucked up

But still a great experience.

The plot was zero, but everything else was perfect.

sane
08-26-2015, 09:04 PM
Because how the fuck else am I going to be Sam and Umbry at reviewer of the year

Old School movie review

I collect Will Ferrel movies. I also have never seen Old School until Monday night. Let's review.

So yeah. Will plays the 3rd character in this movie, opposite Luke Wilson and Vince Vaughn. The story is basically Luke Wilson running a fraternity so he can keep this house he bought on college campus. Like you didn't fucking know this apparently I'm the only person who hasn't seen this damn movie. What else have I not seen? Terminator? The Godfather? Karate Kid? My dog started barking and I lost my focus. Fuck you Zoey. My sister's home. Anyways, shit where was I. Oh yeah. Ok. Umm. Movies I haven't seen. Fuck I can't concentrate let's review.

Old School is a funny movie. That's really it. It's your typical Will Ferrel comedy movie, and while personally I prefer others, this one is fine. If you like comedies, you'll like this. If you like movies, you may not really care for this that much. It's for laughs only, and it delivers fine. Compared to Stepbrothers or Anchorman, no. It's average comedy. That's it. I doubt they really cared about the story and the cinematography or the spectacular performance of Will's asscheeks so I'm rating this as a comedy.

6/10. It. Is. Just. Fine.

sane
09-18-2015, 10:09 PM
I review games now.

So I'll review my top 7 games of all time.

Not tonight.

Poles
09-18-2015, 10:11 PM
I review games now.

Not tonight.

Why top 7

sane
09-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Why top 7

Not a fuckin clue m8

Turtlesauce
09-19-2015, 02:13 AM
I review games now.

Not tonight.

Hype!

sane
09-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Would you guys prefer full reviews for each movie/game? It'll be much longer than me posting my list with a brief review. I have more than just favorite games coming, so keep that in mind.

GonadTheNomad
09-19-2015, 10:58 AM
I'd prefer full review ye

sane
09-19-2015, 11:06 AM
I'd prefer full review ye

I'd prefer ur mom

Turtlesauce
09-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Full review pls :3

sane
09-19-2015, 02:48 PM
Sane's Top 7 Favorite Games of All Time!

I'll do a full review for each one instead of a brief synopsis. I tried to include at least one game from each system I have owned, but couldn't find one for Gameboy that met the criteria.

Criteria: Played it by myself, played it a lot, had so much fun with it that I still remember a lot about it today. A lot of these games may seem quite cliche, but there's 2 at least that may surprise you.

Number 7: Dead Rising is fucking insane. You may have been able to guess that this game is one of my favorites, given my Frank West persona. Honestly, I only liked the original. I played the sequel, and it was fine, but for the most part I didn't enjoy it as much as I did this game. For those who don't know, this Xbox exclusive is primarily a fun zombie killing game. Frank West is in a mall, and there are so many fucking zombies. Like literally, there will never be an end to the zombies. The best part however, is the psychopaths. Zombies are so easy to kill, from the get-go you can own them. Psychopaths are the unique humans who went insane, and wish to kill you. Each is accompanied with their own amazing song. These guys make the fucking game amazing. If you enjoy an insanely fun zombie game that doesn't take itself seriously, play this. 7/10

Number 6:

Arkham City is a fucking badass game. I'm just saying. Where to begin with this game? I love Batman, and I love the easter eggs in this game especially. I honestly don't know what to say that you guys don't already know. The story, music, voice acting, and fighting is all amazing. I love Batman and this game. Arkham Asylum was almost put on here instead, but I just enjoy playing this game a bit more. They get the same rating however, which is 8/10.

Number 5: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Racconus is fucking great. This is the game none of you would have predicted. I just remember playing the shit out of this on Playstation 2. I beat the entire damn game and started over. I don't even remember much about it other than it looked beautiful to me. I loved the character designs, levels gameplay, and the unique lands. There was so much cool shit in this game, and each level just gave you a badass move that you couldn't wait to use. The villains were cheesy but funny, which contrasts greatly given the final boss was terrifying as a kid. That statement actually applies to another game on my list. A movie is coming out next year based on this, and I hope it's not shitty. 7/10

Number 4: Skyrim is fucking epic. What really can I say about this game? Much like Arkham City, it's a damn popular game. The most popular on my list. Music is great, quests are fun, and each game is so different. I need to play this again, because I still haven't even beaten the game. It's so fucking massive, and it's so much fun. 8/10

Number 3: Bioshock Infinite is fucking genius. I've cried at this damn game. The gameplay is fun, but not my favorite, I'm not counting off just because I don't like shoot-em-ups. The ways they made this fun for me is really because of vigors. They make the game so unique. I have the first 2 games, and they are fun, but this was my first, and I love it. The story, is fucking, genius. It is so damn investing and Elizabeth is so goddamn beautiful it makes me sad I can't be with her. I love her. Booker is amazing as fuck. He's badass. What else? The music is beatiful, and the game, itself, looks... beautiful. <3 I love this game. 9/10

Number 2: Earthbound is fucking fun and brilliant. I tossed this around with number one, (which you probably know what it is) and I've just played number one more. I'm still playing this actually. It's just so goddamn fun. I can't explain it. You get sucked into this wacky ass world. The themes in this game are so different I love it. Fuck yeah Ness. The music is so much fun, and goddamn this is a fun game. I don't usually like RPG'S which is weird because my favorite 2 games are RPG's. Whatthefuckever. Hell yeah this game. 10/10

Honorable Mentions:

This is where I included games I mainly play with others.

Smash for Wii U - 9/10
Rock Band - 8/10
Call of Duty: Black Ops - 7/10
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 7/10

Cooking Mama - 6/10

Number 1: Paper Mario is the best fucking game I have ever played in my life. I mean it, and if you've read Deadlock, you know why I feel this way. I just get so happy playing this. When I bought it on Wii U virtual console, I felt like a kid again. This game made my childhood, and it brought me so much happiness during this summer when I didn't feel like any was coming my way. I love this game so much, and that's all I can say about it. It may not be the greatest game, hell, the sequel is apparently better, but it is my favorite game. 10/10

BKTurner47
09-19-2015, 03:12 PM
Next, could you try to review "Lego Marvel Superheroes"? That game was the shit.

sane
09-19-2015, 03:15 PM
Lego Marvel Superheroes

I played this for Wii U. I won't count off points for it being childish, which it was. Lego Batman was as well, but I still love that game. I just didn't feel the same way about this that I did for other Lego games. My only motivation was getting Star-Lord. After that, I haven't played it once. The flying controls are horrible in this game, and that's saying something because they were never great. It was an ok game, I just didn't like it much. At all. My dad bought me the game, so I had to play it. I just felt like Lego Batman 2 was so much better, and I still feel like it really is. Neither game is perfect, but LB2 was damn good. This game however, is a 5/10

BKTurner47
09-19-2015, 03:19 PM
Lego Marvel Superheroes

I played this for Wii U. I won't count off points for it being childish, which it was. Lego Batman was as well, but I still love that game. I just didn't feel the same way about this that I did for other Lego games. My only motivation was getting Star-Lord. After that, I haven't played it once. The flying controls are horrible in this game, and that's saying something because they were never great. It was an ok game, I just didn't like it much. At all. My dad bought me the game, so I had to play it. I just felt like Lego Batman 2 was so much better, and I still feel like it really is. Neither game is perfect, but LB2 was damn good. This game however, is a 5/10

damn that was fast. Could you try to review "Meet the Robinsons"? (Preferably the Wii) That game was fucking awesome.

sane
09-19-2015, 03:24 PM
Meet the Robinsons game

I played this game at my little cousins Sebastian, and I never got to beat the game because the little fuck deleted the data. What I do remember is this game was hard as hell. I remember Wilbur having to jump on so much shit just to get these damn upgrades. It was an alright game for real, I just remember I had such a damn motivation to beat this hard-ass game. Fuck you Sebastian.

6/10? I don't fucking know.

Turtlesauce
09-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Nice top 7 list, agree with most of it (since I only have a PC)

Have you tried the Frank West dlc for Dead Rising 2? That was the best part about Dead Rising 2, tbh.

Also, review any of the Telltale games, if you can :D

Edit: Let me just add that I love that your list is based solely off of what YOU liked, and not how "great" the game was. Reviewers should do that more. Games cannot be reviewed from an objective point of view, they simply can't. It's what you feel when playing a game that really matters.

sane
09-19-2015, 04:11 PM
Nice top 7 list, agree with most of it (since I only have a PC)

Have you tried the Frank West dlc for Dead Rising 2? That was the best part about Dead Rising 2, tbh.

Also, review any of the Telltale games, if you can :D

Edit: Let me just add that I love that your list is based solely off of what YOU liked, and not how "great" the game was. Reviewers should do that more. Games cannot be reviewed from an objective point of view, they simply can't. It's what you feel when playing a game that really matters.

For instance, I don't like Ocarina of Time. I think it's pretty shitfest atm. I'd be crucified if I said that anywhere but here.

sane
10-01-2015, 10:33 PM
Ex Machina movie review

So yeah I'm watching Inside Llewyn Davis. So I'll keep this short while I have time. Ex Machina is fucking great. It really is. The story is fucking great, and hell the science behind it may even be accurate. I'm keeping this really short because I saw it over the course of like 3 days and I don't have a lot of time to recollect and review, I just want to keep up with my movies. The small cast is outstanding, with Oscar Issac standing out in my opinion, but maybe just because he's my 3rd favorite actor. This is a really good movie. It's the director's first movie, and apparently he made this shit when he was 13. Well, came up with the idea. Anyways, its really fucking well-made.

9/10

sane
10-03-2015, 07:41 PM
Top 7 Smash Brothers Characters

Fuck it like I really don't want to write a bunch of shit out right now this thread is dead

Lucario - 7
Sonic - 6
Bowser - 5
Mr. Game and Watch - 4
Kirby - 3
Little Mac - 2
Ness - 1

Honorable mentions - Roy, Lucas, and Pikachu

sane
10-04-2015, 10:49 PM
I just saw a movie so damn good it's made me have faith in this thread and goddammit it was so good. It deserves a serious full review, so soon yes.

sane
10-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Fuck my faith lol I'm busy failing college

Honestly the Martian was fucking amazing. I loved it. Not a goddamn problem. 10/10

sane
10-17-2015, 09:38 PM
Yo Southpaw is a 7/10

Amazing ending and acting bruh

Turtlesauce
10-30-2015, 09:11 AM
Fuck my faith lol I'm busy failing college

Honestly the Martian was fucking amazing. I loved it. Not a goddamn problem. 10/10

Gonna watch it

Yo Southpaw is a 7/10

Amazing ending and acting bruh

Why 7/10 and not higher? What are the bad points?

sane
10-30-2015, 12:16 PM
The trailer ruined the emotion in the movie for me. If I never saw the trailer, the cliche moments could be overlooked due to all the emotion. Going in, you know what's gonna happen in this movie. It's cliche but good. If the fucking trailer didn't ruin it, I'd rate it higher. For what it is though, it was good. Really a watch once movie.

sane
10-30-2015, 07:50 PM
WOAH HEY 100TH POST I SHOULD REVIEW MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME

BUT I HAVE 3

ONE IS ALREADY REVIEWED HERE

BobbyBobber
10-31-2015, 01:49 PM
Review Jem... Film of the year...

sane
10-31-2015, 11:22 PM
Review Jem... Film of the year...

Good to see you. But why would I waste money on that

sane
11-04-2015, 07:28 PM
Oh god. Update.

Saw a few movies. Only 2 new ones.

Pixels - Not funny at all. However, I did enjoy the video game references and chaos. If it was actually funny, it'd be great.

Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl - Oh god this movie. I just finished watching it. It's so fun, but so sad. I did cry at this movie. I don't normally cry. Acting is great. Must-see of this year.

Probably won't rate anymore.

sane
11-06-2015, 02:07 PM
San Andreas was shitty. The Rock was good. That's it. Daughter is hot.

Turtlesauce
11-06-2015, 04:14 PM
*Movie with the Rock* was shitty. The Rock was good. That's it.

A review for every movie with The Rock

sane
11-06-2015, 04:20 PM
A review for every movie with The Rock

True as fuck

sane
11-16-2015, 12:23 PM
I bought Interstellar because it's a good movie hell maybe even a great one.

Review soon, and also for the following

Inside Out
Big Fish
Jurassic Park
Donnie Darko
hell maybe I'll do an anime

sane
11-17-2015, 11:29 PM
Inside Out was fucking great

8/10

Paper Towns was fucking good

7/10

sane
11-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Spy

Yes Spy, that comedy with Melissa McCarthy

Was pretty fucking great. 8/10

Full review soon

sane
11-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Do you guys want full reviews? Or just little ratings?