PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon vs. Napoleon - Review

I Da Cash Man
04-07-2012, 12:32 PM
The Biman Bangladesh Airlines appear to be gaining some business.

The Beat - As I've said, there are four key parts to ERBoH. The first is Epic. The last is History. This beat fulfills both with the same quality. If you were to take over the world, people, which ERB instrumental would you do it too? We don't even need to answer that question, it's #9. At the same token, it does fit Bonaparte as...well...he did make an attempt at taking over the World. And he was obviously impressive in his efforts. Unless I'm mistaken, nobody has actually taken over the world. YET. I don't know if any of this matches Dynamite, but that's okay since if it matched Dynamite it would probably go south. Then, there is Rap. There's definitely that "beat' in the music. It's pseudo-guaranteed. The challenge is to make it so it doesn't feel too repetitive and cliche. Which is where I'm kinda stuck here. On the one hand, this is VERY repetitive. But I wouldn't mind listening to this for a few hours on replay. I think there's a lot going on in this song, is what saves it for Boy Redundancy Lad. Different instruments in different places of the song is definitely a strong point in this beat when compared to other beats. It's problems are minor, and it's one of the most loved beats in ERBoHistory. 9/10 (Weighted for 25%)

The Announcer - Did Pete have a cold while filming his announcer voice this time 'round? Because that's what it sounds like. That takes away from the lung capacity of the announcer, and the volume. His punctuality isn't helped either. In addition, did anybody else hear kind of a little bit of pajama in his voice when introducing Bonaparte? Above all else, though you can tell that he knows what he's doing and he's trying. And in the end, he had one of the better - though not one of the best - ending gags in this video. 7/10 (Weighted for 10%)

The Costumes - Bonaparte - I'll go and assume this is the depiction of Bonaparte in the famous "IMMONAH HORSE" picture. Lloyd definitely looks like Bonaparte, except maybe a little fatter. It's easily overlook-able. He's got the same facial expressions you might see on a Bonaparte (or stereotypical Frenchman, take your pick). His clothes are all correct in terms of placement, shape and type, but the colors are very off. Dark reds are where light reds should be, the hat is black when it should be blue, the blue on his shirt is too dark as well, and his pants are white where they should be a brown-gold color. Did I mention I was doing this off on one picture some way down Wikipedia? Oh, I didn't. Well IT'S ******* OBVIOUS. The hair's a little short but I'll let that one slide, I can imagine the original hair do is uncomfortable. Overall, this costume gets the job done and then some, but it's not "THE Napoleon." 7.5/10 (Weighted for 5%)

The Costumes - Dynamite - They actually did REALLY good here. The Vote For Pedro shirt is exactly the same as in the movie (although I'm pretty certain they just ordered that as merchandise). It's the exact same glasses (common) exact same hairdo (wig), ignore my parenthesis (no you won't), maybe the only thing is the face. Too well sculpted and bony. But hell, Pete's not gonna get plastic surgery for the sake of a rap battle. BTW, does anybody think Dynamite's background looks somewhat similar to MJ/WS's background? 9/10 (Weighted for 5%)

Imitations - Well, it's like Hawking. He's Dynamite, but adjusted for the sake of music. It doesn't have the same effect this time around. He just needs that...yeah, you know that. And then of course there's no way to tell Bonaparte's imitation because he died before we could record him while holding him hostage over a tank of alligators. Weak in this category, but whatev. 6.5/10 (Weighted for 10%)

First Round - Jon Heder - On the one hand, if the narrative was real, I wouldn't doubt that THIS is what Dynamite would come up with. I like the in jokes a lot, I like the "literally lowered the bar" line, but it's not the best he could have pulled off. And the ending + intro lyrical rounds are the most important ones. The thing also loses some strength at the "Boris Yeltson" line. 7/10 (Weighted for 12.5%)

Second Round - Napoleon I - This also felt a little weak. It's like, say the narrative is true, Bonaparte got transferred here with instructions and a list of in-jokes. Both of these rounds feel like warm-up rounds. But of course, in-jokes galore. Especially, ESPECIALLY, "after zis your buddy Pedro will be voting for ME!" 7/10 (Weighted for 12.5%)

Third Round - Rico's Nephew - This was better. It was basically Dynamite saying "THIS IS THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY! GET DA FACK OFF MAH PROPERTY!" Some of the in-jokes were kind of off, although I did really like the reference to Saint Helena. Overall, it was still better than his first round. 8/10 (Weighted for 12.5%)

Fourth Round - The Little Corporal - And that was a great comeback. Essentially he was saying "I WAS JUST WARMING UP FOOL! THE ENTIRE WORLD IS MY PROPERTY!" And we all know the last line. How can I not give this last round a great rating? 9/10 (Weighted for 12.5%)

Final Results:

The Ogre: 16/20
Seth: 15/20

Overall Score: 74.25/100

Moonjik
04-07-2012, 12:35 PM
You are the greatest...

Ash Ketchum
04-07-2012, 12:52 PM
You do great reviews

I Da Cash Man
04-07-2012, 05:21 PM
You are the greatest...

You do great reviews

I love you people.

Gustav von Kozlov
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I love you too.

Get the fuck out.

Oh, God Gustav has get rid of these assholes...

That is all.

BBC7
04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
You should do Billy Mays and Vince Offer vs Ben Franklin

I Da Cash Man
04-10-2012, 06:29 PM

Sounds like an idea to me!

YellowNerd
04-11-2012, 02:15 AM

http://doulifee.com//Storage/aceatt/GyakutenSaiban4/1-2ani-hobo.gif

No one does a review for O'riley and John.

Ash Ketchum
04-11-2012, 06:24 AM
[quote=BBC5]You should do Billy Mays and Vince Offer vs Ben Franklin

No one does a review for O'riley and John.[/quote:28o8xogf]

I've seen one before

I Da Cash Man
04-11-2012, 06:32 PM
[quote=BBC5]You should do Billy Mays and Vince Offer vs Ben Franklin

No one does a review for O'riley and John.[/quote:yseufqlz]

Sounds like 2 ideas to me!

YellowNerd
04-12-2012, 01:16 AM
[quote="I, Da Ca$hman":2pbjp9t9][quote=BBC5]You should do Billy Mays and Vince Offer vs Ben Franklin

No one does a review for O'riley and John.[/quote:2pbjp9t9]

Sounds like 2 ideas to me![/quote:2pbjp9t9]

Excellent!

BBC7
04-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Somebody should do Michael J Fox. vs Chucky review.

I Da Cash Man
04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Somebody should do Michael J Fox. vs Chucky review.

Now I got 3 ideas!

[quote="I, Da Ca$hman":2dt91yrq][quote=BBC5]You should do Billy Mays and Vince Offer vs Ben Franklin

No one does a review for O'riley and John.

Sounds like 2 ideas to me![/quote:2dt91yrq]

Excellent![/quote:2dt91yrq]

...He's alive! ALIVE!

Dan
04-13-2012, 01:17 PM
This was a great review, man! Keep up with these :D

I Da Cash Man
04-13-2012, 10:00 PM
This was a great review, man! Keep up with these :D

Thanks and welcome to ze forums!