PDA

View Full Version : The Pseudonymph Ideas Thread

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 09:04 AM
If you have any ideas on how to make our group more fun, post them below!

rangernumberx
01-04-2017, 09:08 AM
Well, we are all about creative stuff. Might I suggest either an internal writing competition or a collaborative writing project of some sort?

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 09:14 AM
Well, we are all about creative stuff. Might I suggest either an internal writing competition or a collaborative writing project of some sort?
Yes those are really good ideas :D we can hold and internal writing competition soon, after everyone gets settled into the group and then run a collaborative writing project as well. I was thinking we could have exclusive group games like RP's but I don't know if people will be interested in playing without the rest of the forumers.

rangernumberx
01-04-2017, 09:35 AM
Yes those are really good ideas :D we can hold and internal writing competition soon, after everyone gets settled into the group and then run a collaborative writing project as well. I was thinking we could have exclusive group games like RP's but I don't know if people will be interested in playing without the rest of the forumers.

Small scale RP, possibly combined with the collaborative writing? Also, I tried to get something called character scenes going a while away: One person gives a prompt, the next person writes a scene (with their OCs, but that's not exactly necessary) based on that prompt and gives their own, then the next person does the same, and so on. That didn't work overly well before due to half the people putting little to no effort in their submissions, but maybe that would work better here?

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Small scale RP, possibly combined with the collaborative writing? Also, I tried to get something called character scenes going a while away: One person gives a prompt, the next person writes a scene (with their OCs, but that's not exactly necessary) based on that prompt and gives their own, then the next person does the same, and so on. That didn't work overly well before due to half the people putting little to no effort in their submissions, but maybe that would work better here?
I think that would work much better here because it's a smaller place and people will be more inclined to actually try. I'm also thinking about starting a writing support thread or a thread for writer's block.

Klonoa
01-04-2017, 04:06 PM
If this is about writing, you just know I'd want my OCs to get into the mix. We can all maybe have a group-wide roleplay maybe.

rangernumberx
01-04-2017, 04:14 PM
If this is about writing, you just know I'd want my OCs to get into the mix. We can all maybe have a group-wide roleplay maybe.

Maybe monthly RPs with a certain theme where each of us submits an OC, for character development/testing new characters?

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Maybe monthly RPs with a certain theme where each of us submits an OC, for character development/testing new characters?
That's an idea I can totally get behind, as well as your post the next paragraph of the story type game.

rangernumberx
01-04-2017, 04:49 PM
That's an idea I can totally get behind, as well as your post the next paragraph of the story type game.

It's not so much that, more individual one shots as a sort of writing exercise, but a continual, procedural story written a paragraph at a time could be a different thing we could do.

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 04:52 PM
It's not so much that, more individual one shots as a sort of writing exercise, but a continual, procedural story written a paragraph at a time could be a different thing we could do.
Ohhh I get you now. I'm totally up for doing both

Epic Doctor X
01-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Gotta say, love all of the ideas here so far, themed monthly RPs especially ^^

Moonjik
01-09-2017, 11:25 AM
So glad you like the ideas EDX. Anyone have an idea as to what our first themed RP should be?

Epic Doctor X
01-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Why don't we all suggest a theme or two every month and vote?

rangernumberx
01-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Will the RPs have an end goal, or will they be freeform? Also, are the themes just dictating the setting/goal if applicable, or also the type of characters we can use for that particular RP?

Moonjik
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM
I do like the idea of voting on the themes. I think the themes should also dictate characters. Like if we had a medieval fantasy RP I don't think we should have a character that's a Soviet spy, though some characters can fit multiple RPs.

Freeform is probably better.

Epic Doctor X
01-09-2017, 01:07 PM
If it is possible for them to have a good end goal I'd get behind that, but freeform works too I think

Moonjik
01-09-2017, 01:38 PM
If it is possible for them to have a good end goal I'd get behind that, but freeform works too I think

We can experiment with our first RP :D

I'm also working on your signature. I've got a couple of characters in mind. I was thinking either Doctor Stein, The Doctor or Doctor Mario for you character and 'The Surgeon' as your title.

Epic Doctor X
01-09-2017, 01:47 PM
We can experiment with our first RP :D

I'm also working on your signature. I've got a couple of characters in mind. I was thinking either Doctor Stein, The Doctor or Doctor Mario for you character and 'The Surgeon' as your title.

Ooh, actually, could you put John Watson as the character? ^^ Also, should we maybe make a new thread where we suggest monthly RP themes?

Moonjik
01-09-2017, 01:49 PM
Ooh, actually, could you put John Watson as the character? ^^ Also, should we maybe make a new thread where we suggest monthly RP themes?

I can totally do that :D which incarnation of Watson though?

Epic Doctor X
01-09-2017, 01:55 PM
The BBC once, please ^^

Moonjik
01-09-2017, 02:24 PM
The BBC once, please ^^
There's a surprise in the signatures and tags thread ;D

Klonoa
01-09-2017, 07:01 PM
So after sending out the critical hit lines to people, ranger suggested that I make a thread where we all do the same: make critical hit lines, or maybe any short one liners, for our OCs. And maybe, use Vocaroo and record ourselves or ask others to do them. What do people think?

Epic Doctor X
01-12-2017, 07:01 AM
So after sending out the critical hit lines to people, ranger suggested that I make a thread where we all do the same: make critical hit lines, or maybe any short one liners, for our OCs. And maybe, use Vocaroo and record ourselves or ask others to do them. What do people think?

I don't really understand, could you explain this further?

Moonjik
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM
We record lines or catch-phrases our characters say with Vocaroo and make a thread to compile them all.

I think that's a cool idea Klo ^^

rangernumberx
01-12-2017, 01:26 PM

It's nothing much. You know how, in Fire Emblem, whenever a character gets a critical hit they get a short line before they attack? Basically lines like that, but for our OCs.

Epic Doctor X
01-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Oh alright, yeah that's an interesting idea ^^

----------------------------------------------------------

A while ago I tried to start an rp in which the roleplayers were a part of this sort of intergalactic/universal special forces. It was essentially this sort of fight against evil through different universes (kind of Rick & Morty-esque, hadn't seen the series when I planned the rp though), where everyone had their own special powers, goals, etc. Would any of you be interested in an rp like that in here?

Moonjik
01-14-2017, 04:09 PM
A while ago I tried to start an rp in which the roleplayers were a part of this sort of intergalactic/universal special forces. It was essentially this sort of fight against evil through different universes (kind of Rick & Morty-esque, hadn't seen the series when I planned the rp though), where everyone had their own special powers, goals, etc. Would any of you be interested in an rp like that in here?
I definitely would! I think you should make the thread :D

Kubby
01-18-2017, 04:17 PM
What would you say about some collaborative pixel-art?

Moonjik
01-18-2017, 04:32 PM
What would you say about some collaborative pixel-art?

I'd say hear hear!

Klonoa
01-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that sounds cool!

Kubby
01-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Nice. I'll make a starting image with a simple house as the beginning. Mainly so people less good with pixelart can have something to try to emulate. And so it isn't completely empty at the beginning.

Faker
01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
I doubt I'd bring much artistic value to the project, but I'd love to be a part of it nonetheless! :Onionsan:

Kubby
01-19-2017, 05:58 AM
Since I seem to have intimidated you guys, I've included some tutorial links in the OP for the collab.

Moonjik
01-19-2017, 12:45 PM
Will check it out soon :D

Epic Doctor X
01-20-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm currently using an OC called Nolan Thedrick on Heathcliff's Invera City rp, and I'm sort of shaping the character and making up the backstory as the roleplay goes. I was wondering if maybe we should have a thread where we "dive deeply" into OC's we are using, have used or want to use, but also where we can ask for help or constructive criticism when shaping an OC, etc.

Moonjik
01-20-2017, 05:11 PM
I'm currently using an OC called Nolan Thedrick on Heathcliff's Invera City rp, and I'm sort of shaping the character and making up the backstory as the roleplay goes. I was wondering if maybe we should have a thread where we "dive deeply" into OC's we are using, have used or want to use, but also where we can ask for help or constructive criticism when shaping an OC, etc.
That's a pretty great idea. So many of us are OC creators. I think a place where we can collect our characters would be great

rangernumberx
01-20-2017, 05:52 PM
What do you mean by 'dive deeply'?

Epic Doctor X
01-20-2017, 06:08 PM
What do you mean by 'dive deeply'?

I may be using an odd expression here, but what I mean is basically information about the character and the world he/she/it belongs to that goes beyond the basic info like sex and age etc.