PDA

View Full Version : Pseudonymph Confessions, Rant and Emotional Support Thread

Moonjik
01-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Here's our very own personal support thread for things you'd rather not share with the rest of the forum. I don't need to say this but please be respectful to everyone's problems. You can complain about current trends on the forum but do not make specific attacks on other members or groups. Thank you!

Faker
01-18-2017, 09:17 PM
Not really a rant or confession per se, but I didn't feel this belonged in Lounge.

I've come to really respect Adonis. We definitely had our differences in the past, but through the idiotic pride I had back then I refused to believe anything about him positive existed. But he's actually a really mature, collected forumer. I know it's sappy and stupid, but recent events had shown me that he's extremely caring while still responsible. I honestly feel safe and able to speak my mind around him.

Moonjik
01-29-2017, 03:38 PM
Okay, not exactly a confession, rant or a cry for emotional support but I do need help. I've got a creative writing assignment for English due in a couple of weeks and I don't have any clue whatsoever as to what I should write about. I just can't think of a good idea ;-; if anyone can help generate some ideas I'd really appreciate it

Klonoa
01-29-2017, 03:45 PM
Is there a theme to this writing assignment? Like loyalty or betrayal or sadness or whatever?

Moonjik
01-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Is there a theme to this writing assignment? Like loyalty or betrayal or sadness or whatever?
Nope, it's just write a creative piece which is why I'm finding it so difficult. This is worth 15% of my final grade.

Klonoa
01-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Uh... let's spout some random ideas then.

Kidnapper kidnaps a kid but the kid actually comes from a family where they tortured him/her and the two bond.
Character has some sort of supernatural power and is going to college for the first time.
There's a ghost in your house and you get along with it as it leaves you messages.

Do you know what direction you want to write in? Happiness, sadness, mystery...?

Moonjik
01-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Uh... let's spout some random ideas then.

Kidnapper kidnaps a kid but the kid actually comes from a family where they tortured him/her and the two bond.
Character has some sort of supernatural power and is going to college for the first time.
There's a ghost in your house and you get along with it as it leaves you messages.

Do you know what direction you want to write in? Happiness, sadness, mystery...?
Most of my writing takes a more philosophical approach rather than a plot-based one. I write about ideas, I guess

Klonoa
01-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Um... wow you're right, this is really tricky. Maybe write about how animals can be better than people? Or how family isn't always the best thing in the world? I dunno, now I'm just throwing semi-philosophical stuff into the mix.

LAWLzoR
01-29-2017, 05:51 PM
People need to chill the fuck out with Uber. I can understand people being upset that they did not join the taxi protest against Trump, but I highly doubt that they "collaborated" with Trump in order to make a profit. After all, Uber is not as unified as a taxi business is. Being an Uber driver, I personally believe, is a part-time job.

Also, I hate Trump, but I wouldn't call him a "fascist" or "authoritarian". At least not yet. He has done what I believe to be pretty severe and bad things as president, but I don't believe he has gone THAT far yet.

I don't want this to turn into a political discussion thread, so uh...

boy do I want to quit this diet

Moonjik
01-29-2017, 06:04 PM
People need to chill the fuck out with Uber. I can understand people being upset that they did not join the taxi protest against Trump, but I highly doubt that they "collaborated" with Trump in order to make a profit. After all, Uber is not as unified as a taxi business is. Being an Uber driver, I personally believe, is a part-time job.

Also, I hate Trump, but I wouldn't call him a "fascist" or "authoritarian". At least not yet. He has done what I believe to be pretty severe and bad things as president, but I don't believe he has gone THAT far yet.

Totally agree LAWL, protesting against Uber will do literally nothing. People need to direct their anger at the actual source of the problem, not those who get caught up in it.

Faker
01-29-2017, 06:53 PM

Trump has still made the worst first impression in a week than all other modern-day presidents by far. He's not the only president to push out a bunch of executive orders, but he's starting off a bit too lax and casual with the executive order for my liking.

LAWLzoR
01-29-2017, 08:00 PM
Trump has still made the worst first impression in a week than all other modern-day presidents by far. He's not the only president to push out a bunch of executive orders, but he's starting off a bit too lax and casual with the executive order for my liking.

I completely agree that he's pushing a lot of stuff. Some things I see as just presidential duty, like the EO about hiring civilian gov't employees. The president is technically the "boss" of the government, and so can determine how many people to hire and whatnot. His other things are more severe and Trump is not being smart in most of his decisions, but I don't think I'd call him an authoritarian or fascist. At least not yet.

Moonjik
01-30-2017, 02:12 PM
In other news I'm still waiting to hear back from the manager of the steak joint I applied to :( why are jobs so hard to get?

Faker
02-01-2017, 07:51 PM
I'm really starting to feel a disconnect on this forum here. A lot of the members seem more distant than they used to. It feels like the feeling of closeness is fading here.

Brad
02-01-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm really starting to feel a disconnect on this forum here. A lot of the members seem more distant than they used to. It feels like the feeling of closeness is fading here. Can you elaborate?

Faker
02-01-2017, 07:57 PM
Can you elaborate?

I think chat is a prime example for one. Chat posts are a lot fewer and farther between, and and lot of the time people get ignored. There's not that sense of people caring like there was in the last. For example, someone were to say "Man, I really can't get over x" or "Does anyone else enjoy x" in the past people would add their own insights or experiences. Now it's rare for someone to respond to a statement unless it's legitimately concerning or a meme. At least that's how it's been for me. I find myself getting ignored a lot, even when I do something as simple as greet others.

It's just soulless and so manufactured now. Outside of specific cliques there's a lack of meaningful interaction

Moonjik
02-02-2017, 11:16 AM
I think chat is a prime example for one. Chat posts are a lot fewer and farther between, and and lot of the time people get ignored. There's not that sense of people caring like there was in the last. For example, someone were to say "Man, I really can't get over x" or "Does anyone else enjoy x" in the past people would add their own insights or experiences. Now it's rare for someone to respond to a statement unless it's legitimately concerning or a meme. At least that's how it's been for me. I find myself getting ignored a lot, even when I do something as simple as greet others.

It's just soulless and so manufactured now. Outside of specific cliques there's a lack of meaningful interaction

I understand what you mean Glike :( the chat used to be a lot friendlier

Klonoa
02-02-2017, 01:00 PM
Yeah I totally see this. It happens easily about 80% of the entire day, and that's not an exaggeration. (I'm not here the entire day but lack of chat posts shows this). I really hope something changes in the future.

Kubby
02-02-2017, 01:03 PM
So, I'll be the voice of "It's not that bad": You got me into Dangan Ronpa. While I never speak too much at all, you can be certain I'll be as close as feasible.

Turtlesauce
02-02-2017, 02:12 PM

I for one absolutely hate all the constant "hi"s and "hey"s. The same people say hi and hey all day like 20 times a day whenever they come back from taking a shit, and I dislike that a lot. We're all on here every day why do we have to say hi to each other all the time it's the internet

Moonjik
02-02-2017, 02:29 PM
I for one absolutely hate all the constant "hi"s and "hey"s. The same people say hi and hey all day like 20 times a day whenever they come back from taking a shit, and I dislike that a lot. We're all on here every day why do we have to say hi to each other all the time it's the internet
I think people do that because they lack other things to say

Faker
02-02-2017, 03:57 PM

I'm not talking about the umpteenth greeting. I'm talking about the first greeting. I've seen people show up for the first time that day and not even get so much as a glance.

It's the other shit I hate, though. 10 different people can post "same" or "me too thanks" over the course of 3 hours consecutively with no other legitimate discussion, but we can't fucking say a single word in another language? Absolutely goddamned ridiculous.

Turtlesauce
02-02-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm not talking about the umpteenth greeting. I'm talking about the first greeting. I've seen people show up for the first time that day and not even get so much as a glance.

It's the other shit I hate, though. 10 different people can post "same" or "me too thanks" over the course of 3 hours consecutively with no other legitimate discussion, but we can't fucking say a single word in another language? Absolutely goddamned ridiculous.

Also the no 8 consecutive chat posts rule sucks when you're having an actual discussion

LAWLzoR
02-02-2017, 09:09 PM
Also the no 8 consecutive chat posts rule sucks when you're having an actual discussion

I'm pretty sure I've broken that a couple of times, hardly anyone notices.

Faker
02-08-2017, 12:01 AM
One of my professors said I should switch my current major if I want to get into the career field I'm looking at. I've already spent so much money getting the credits I have and it'd be really hard to scrounge up enough money to try another major. I've already gotten somewhat far into my current one. :(

LAWLzoR
02-08-2017, 06:45 PM
One of my professors said I should switch my current major if I want to get into the career field I'm looking at. I've already spent so much money getting the credits I have and it'd be really hard to scrounge up enough money to try another major. I've already gotten somewhat far into my current one. :(

Sounds pretty sucky man :( sorry to hear that. I imagine you've already pulled some funds out of student loans (if you live in the US)?

Brad
02-08-2017, 09:17 PM
I'm sorry Glike, money problems suck :/ just try and remember you only have one life, don't let material things like costs bring you down, even if for something important

Klonoa
02-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Don't be discouraged, Spike! We all know that you'll be able to pull through one way or another.

And remember, when nothing seems to be going your way, none of that attempting to get over failures or struggles aren't a waste of time. Sometimes you just gotta grind a bit before conquering the next dungeon.

Moonjik
02-09-2017, 03:15 PM
I wish I could give you more than words for support Spikey :( just remember, you're in control

Faker
03-01-2017, 12:08 AM
I think it's best if I leave the forum. Consider this an unofficial announcement. After I mull it over a bit I'll post an official announcement outside of just the group. I just don't want people I'm not comfortable around harassing me until I make a final decision.

Turtlesauce
03-01-2017, 03:17 AM
I think it's best if I leave the forum. Consider this an unofficial announcement. After I mull it over a bit I'll post an official announcement outside of just the group. I just don't want people I'm not comfortable around harassing me until I make a final decision.

I can't say this doesn't make me sad, it does. You were one of the 3-4 people that I really felt close to here. I'm really sorry you feel this way, but I respect your decision. If you think this is best for you, then do it.

Faker
03-01-2017, 03:28 AM
I can't say this doesn't make me sad, it does. You were one of the 3-4 people that I really felt close to here. I'm really sorry you feel this way, but I respect your decision. If you think this is best for you, then do it.

I'm going to create an email account and give it to some of you guys to keep in touch. I'll check the account every day and respond whenever I can. I really don't want to lose certain connections I've made here, but if I leave without having another way to talk with my friends I'm just gonna end up coming right back. It's happened time and time again, and odds are it will happen again. I'd feel more at ease having a non-forum related way to talk with some of you guys, ya know? Because it's not my friends here that are the problem and I dont want to cut off ties because of something beyond your control.

Turtlesauce
03-01-2017, 03:42 AM
I'm going to create an email account and give it to some of you guys to keep in touch. I'll check the account every day and respond whenever I can. I really don't want to lose certain connections I've made here, but if I leave without having another way to talk with my friends I'm just gonna end up coming right back. It's happened time and time again, and odds are it will happen again. I'd feel more at ease having a non-forum related way to talk with some of you guys, ya know? Because it's not my friends here that are the problem and I dont want to cut off ties because of something beyond your control.

I agree, this would be best.

I've never had a pen-pal, I'm excited to have one <3

Klonoa
03-03-2017, 02:20 PM
Not sure how I managed to completely overlook this post from two days ago. Maybe it's my fault for not coming online that much anymore. But nonetheless, I got the PM and I replied to it. I hope all things work out for you in the future, Spike.

Moonjik
03-06-2017, 05:58 PM
Good luck Spikey :(