PDA

View Full Version : Organization L - Welcoming Station

Katz
01-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Welcome in everyone!

It's I, Ludwig!

I hope you all enjoy your stay here!

Please post in here when you arrive to be greeted :)

Turtlesauce
01-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Hello, fellow Organization Members.

Katz
01-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Hey Turtle! :)

BrineBlade
01-04-2017, 06:22 PM
*inserts generic greeting*

Katz
01-04-2017, 06:23 PM
*inserts generic greeting*

*inserts generic welcome response*

How are ya, Brine?

BrineBlade
01-04-2017, 07:42 PM
Good. Just finished Pokémon Sun a few days ago.

Umbreon
01-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Good. Just finished Pokémon Sun a few days ago.

How did you like it? Im not a big fan of it tbh

BrineBlade
01-04-2017, 08:09 PM
How did you like it? Im not a big fan of it tbh

The story was alright. Team Skull was laughably incompetent, and while the few twists that happened didn't surprise me (especially Lusamine being crazy AF), the ending (both the story ending and defeating the E4) caused me to tear up a bit.

It was WAY too easy though, as throughout the game I've only lost once, and that was to Kukui in the final battle (which I did find to be the best battle in the game). The fact that they had version exclusive clothing is concerning to me though, as you can't trade clothing like you can Pokémon. Otherwise, it was the first Pokémon game that had me really caring about the story, and the characters, especially Lillie, Hau, and Gladion, were much better. In fact, even the trial system I find better than the Gyms because it has more interactions with the Captains and Kahunas, making them much more fleshed out, which I feel is best shown during Sophocles' trial, as it just felt boring that you answered questions then battled Pokémon. I really hope that for future generations they keep the trial system, as it feels much better doing several trials than doing the standard 8 Gyms.

Also, Acerola is so darn cute whenever she appears.

Katz
01-04-2017, 08:14 PM
The story was alright. Team Skull was laughably incompetent, and while the few twists that happened didn't surprise me (especially Lusamine being crazy AF), the ending (both the story ending and defeating the E4) caused me to tear up a bit.

It was WAY too easy though, as throughout the game I've only lost once, and that was to Kukui in the final battle (which I did find to be the best battle in the game). The fact that they had version exclusive clothing is concerning to me though, as you can't trade clothing like you can Pokémon. Otherwise, it was the first Pokémon game that had me really caring about the story, and the characters, especially Lillie, Hau, and Gladion, were much better. In fact, even the trial system I find better than the Gyms because it has more interactions with the Captains and Kahunas, making them much more fleshed out, which I feel is best shown during Sophocles' trial, as it just felt boring that you answered questions then battled Pokémon. I really hope that for future generations they keep the trial system, as it feels much better doing several trials than doing the standard 8 Gyms.

More or less my opinion

Umbreon
01-04-2017, 08:26 PM

I did a stupidly long review of the game plus a first impressions and i dont wanna repeat myself but ill summarize...

They're fine but disappointing. For every step forward the games make to the series they take 2 steps back. Trials? A neat concept. But the execution was TERRIBLE. More clothing options? Great! But the version exclusive clothes and the lack of variety is terrible. Bringing back the Joint Avenue from B2/W2 as Festival Plaza? Great! But making it worse in every way by not giving good enough explanations on how things work, not having much of a reward, and not being as well done is awful. Making wifi work faster? Great! Locking it to festival plaza? Pointless and awful, ti adds needless steps. Alolan forms? A great concept! But they're kanto only, most are badly designed or not needed, and not that clever with some exceptions.

I just feel they were rushed. There's not a lot of new pokemon, a lot of areas feel copied and pasted, the end of the game COMES OUT OF NOWHERE. Like, literally. You're in the middle of a dungeon and all of a sudden you're given the fairyum-Z for free with no trial and then you're suddenly thrown into the last totem, then you suddenly are thrusted into the elite four in 5 seconds. The pokedex is also awful, only 302. Which normally is big but...you egt tired of seeing Wild Raticate, Fearow, and Gumshoos EVERYWHERE. It needed a lot more variety.

BrineBlade
01-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Probably the thing I hate the most is either the Zygarde Quest or the Poke Finder

Katz
01-04-2017, 10:11 PM
For me, it's the Zygarde Quest ^

Baldy Jr
01-04-2017, 10:36 PM
ey b0ss

Katz
01-04-2017, 10:53 PM
ey b0ss

Hey there!

Baldy Jr
01-04-2017, 10:54 PM
@Sun, I was at 99 Zygarde Cells forever, and I couldn't find the last one, so I just traded a Lucario for someone's Zygarde on the GTS and broke it down, so I have 100+ Cells

BrineBlade
01-05-2017, 12:24 AM
@Sun, I was at 99 Zygarde Cells forever, and I couldn't find the last one, so I just traded a Lucario for someone's Zygarde on the GTS and broke it down, so I have 100+ Cells

It probably was on Poni Island in one of the night or day spots