PDA

View Full Version : IUSF (Inter-Universal Special Forces)

Epic Doctor X
01-14-2017, 08:27 PM
Welcome to IUSF - Inter-Universal Special Forces.

This is an invitation to join the most important organisation in existence, IUSF. With the great task of keeping a balance between good and evil through all universes, IUSF is always at work, and therefore we only search for candidates with pure intentions and the will to fully devote their lives to justice. That’s why we have contacted you. We have been monitoring you closely for years, ever since we heard the news about a few people on your Earth being born with powers, and we believe that you are exactly what IUSF need. We know about your powers, and we can teach you how to use them properly and develop them further, as well as using them against evil.

As earlier stated, IUSF is always at work, and you would be as well, if you were to join the force. This means cutting all contact with family and friends and abandoning any kind of earlier life. We understand that this is a hard decision, and therefore you have been given two weeks to think this offer through before making up your mind.

To accept this invitation, simply keep this letter with you at all times. To decline, destroy the letter.

We hope to see you in two weeks,
IUSF

Character Sheet:
Name:
Sex:
Physical Description:
Personality:
Short Backstory:
Life goal:
Biggest Fear:

Your element determines the skills and weapons you get, but also your weaknesses. As the story progresses, more abilities will be added. I will ultimately decide what powers you get, but you are of course allowed to suggest. Obscure elements are always appreciated, they make more interesting abilities. The final boss of each universe will have an element of his/her/its own. Elements can also be fused together for stronger and more interesting attacks. And in case you're still a bit confused, here are 3 examples of elements:

Element: Water. This would make you sort of a water bender, shaping water and using it to your liking, maybe even taking the shape of water. However, enemies would be able to use heat and cold against you, freezing or boiling your attacks, defences or even you if you’re in water form.

Element: Plants and Vegetation. This would put you in control of flora around you, maybe fusing with trees for camouflage and such. However, this power may be rendered useless if your surroundings doesn’t support vegetation, for example a high altitude, a water drained environment, etc.

Element: Painting. This could for example mean that you can anything you paint will become a real object, or that you’re able to sketch out the location of your enemies. Without your tools you’d be rendered pretty much useless though.

Members:

Haley Sinclair (Heathcliff) - Magnetism
Simon Fairchild (Kubby) - Swordplay
Tzuriel (Klonoa) - Gravity
Genevieve Hastings (Popplio) - Entropy
Veo (Turtle) - Sight

I just want to make it clear that you all are from earth, so no alien races, just humans for this one c:

Moonjik
01-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Name: Haley Sinclair
Sex: Female
Element: Magnetism
Physical Description: 5'4 with wavy auburn hair and misty grey-blue eyes. Wears a tartan pinafore and black thigh-highs and blue flats. Also wears a silver world-tree necklace and a charm bracelet which she practices her magnetic manipulation on.
Short Backstory: Haley is from Nova Scotia, Canada to a generic, white, middle-class family. Despite her upbringing and family background, Haley was never interested in conventional things. She shunned boys or cheerleading and preferred to spend her time down in the techie labs playing with metals. From a young age she realised she had the ability to create magnetic fields but kept this ability secret from her family in fear of them finding out - shattering their mundane way of living. In school she's an enigma, nobody really knows her or talks to her. Haley doesn't do much to draw people towards her, whenever a boy starts showing interest in her and following her about she repels him by pushing away any metals that may be on his body. Her solitary nature is not because she's anti-social but because she enjoys the peace and quiet of being alone. One of her favourite hobbies is photography and she often spends long hours in the woods taking pictures of the wildlife.
Life goal: To be a world renown architect
Biggest Fear: A huge crowd of people all looking at her and paying attention to her ability to create magnetic fields

Kubby
01-15-2017, 04:26 PM
OK, let's try to break out of usual and try not to do anything involving cars...

Name: Simon Fairchild
Sex: Male
Element: Swordplay
Physical Description: 178 cm (5'10', roughly? Idk) tall, with black, short hair and bluish-green eyes. Outside of competitions, he tends to wear a sports jacket, bearing the logo of his local fencing club, and light blue jeans, and Adidas sneakers.
Personality: Loud and boisterous. Has a healthy amount of competitiveness and self-discipline necessary to succeed at professional sports. Tends to be very concerned about his form, and about maintaining his edge over the other fencers.
Short Backstory: OK, it's a generational thing, you know? Simon's father was a fencer, Simon's grandmother was a fencer, and it was obvious he'd have to at least dabble in it. As it turns out, he'd do more than dabble. Training with all 3 fencing weapons when he was a child, he settled for a sabre. He then signed up to a local fencing club, and several years later, when he was 17, he went to a world fencing championship, joining a senior team, and actually won a team sabre event.
Outside of sports achievements, his life wasn't exactly eventful. Sure, the fencing grandma eventually passed away (peacefully, fortunately). Sure, he was a goodish student at school. But there were no unusual events in his life. I mean, not until this letter arrived. Apparently he's got some powers or something? Well, he's not aware of any, but this inter-universal organization seems to claim otherwise? (They've watched all his fencing videos. They know better about his powers than he does at the moment.)
Life goal: To win a gold medal at the Olympics.
Biggest Fear: A career-ending injury

//note: I know nothing about fencing, really. I've just asked tv tropes for a random trope and designed a character that would fit the trope. ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ImplausibleFencingPowers ) in case you're wondering

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 04:38 PM
Aight, both characters are accepted! Also, feel free to suggest universes you'd like to visit during this rp ^^

Klonoa
01-15-2017, 04:42 PM
Name: Tzuriel
Element: Gravity
Appearance: 6'1" male, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, and tan skin. Wears casual jeans and a black T-shirt. Not very interesting. He doesn't seem to stand out a lot.
Personality: Kind of mellow. He tends to be chill with nearly anything that happens. However, he has a kind heart (though sometimes he likes to toy with others and play pranks by fiddling with their gravity). While kind, he seems to misinterpret what people say sometimes, which can lead to frustration.

Backstory: To be honest, he doesn't have a clue. ...And neither do I! Because this used to be a dead OC that I brought back to life just for this! So... I guess we'll wing it? No, but really, he was born with some control over gravity, making various things, people, or himself lighter or heavier. Genetic mutation? Who knows?

Life Goal: Just live a good life, without being feared.

Biggest Fear: Hurting the innocent with his abilities, or by any means at all.

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 04:51 PM
Name: Tzuriel
Element: Gravity
Appearance: 6'1" male, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes, and tan skin. Wears casual jeans and a black T-shirt. Not very interesting. He doesn't seem to stand out a lot.
Personality: Kind of mellow. He tends to be chill with nearly anything that happens. However, he has a kind heart (though sometimes he likes to toy with others and play pranks by fiddling with their gravity). While kind, he seems to misinterpret what people say sometimes, which can lead to frustration.

Backstory: To be honest, he doesn't have a clue. ...And neither do I! Because this used to be a dead OC that I brought back to life just for this! So... I guess we'll wing it? No, but really, he had a bad run-in with a science experiment and gained some control over gravity, making various things, people, or himself lighter or heavier.

Life Goal: Just live a good life, without being feared.

Biggest Fear: Hurting the innocent with his abilities, or by any means at all.

If you change it so the character was born with the powers instead of obtaining them so it matches the rest of the characters then you're in! I guess we'll just pretend this guy's backstory is so generic and ordinary that it's not worth mentioning xD

Klonoa
01-15-2017, 04:55 PM
If you change it so the character was born with the powers instead of obtaining them so it matches the rest of the characters then you're in! I guess we'll just pretend this guy's backstory is so generic and ordinary that it's not worth mentioning xD

Done!

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 04:59 PM
Perfect xD

Faker
01-15-2017, 05:23 PM
Name: Nimba Cirrus
Sex: F
Element: Clouds

Physical Description: A small girl with a puffy cloud for hair. She has deep blue eyes, and a light, slightly flushed complexion. As for her attire... well there's none, however she's not below human decency. She uses puffs of cloud to cover her chest and groin, but because of the constant strain of having to endlessly conjure clouds she's not able go any further. Her face is light and elastic-like, being made of 80% cloud.

Personality: Young and naive, Nimba's constantly being taken advantage of and... exploited. She never seems to learn and almost never notices what's going on... though when she does her pursuer(s) better back off or they'll be in a world of hurt. Nimba is timid, usually preferring the 'flight' option of fight-or-flight. However if she's fighting on someone else's behalf she can get past her flighty reflexes and put up a hell of battle. She's very careful about using her powers and will only go full-on if there's nobody else, human or otherwise, to get hurt. She's always using her power to play with animals and bugs in her spare time.

Short Backstory: Nimba is the result of a rather unique situation. Her mother and father, very passionate lovers, were rather... adventurous. They constantly seeked to outdo the last location of their 'escapade.' Their most intense, as well as most dangerous, location was at the top of a tall hill in the middle of a raging storm. Meanwhile another was finally presented with the opportunity they've been waiting for. Stratus, a being of the clouds, wished to bear a child... but unfortunately he was the sole-surviving member of his kind. However there was a way to conceive... he had to strike a couple mid-intercourse. The resulting lightning would kill both participants, but bring him the child he wanted. And so he blasted Nimba's not-yet parents with a bolt of lighting.

Miraculously... nah I'm kidding... they both totally died. But in their ashes was Nimba. Stratus took her in and raised her, doing his best to protect her from the world's harshness. But maybe Nimba was a bit too sheltered... (More on her background will be developed throughout the story; also yes she is still human. She is not of cloud blood, though she possesses all of the abilities of Stratus' species. Whatever you decide those abilities to be. :p )

Life goal: Create the perfect storm so that the most perfect rainbow would follow.

Biggest Fear: Being ignored, unneeded, unwanted, and unloved.

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 05:41 PM
Name: Nimba Cirrus
Element: Clouds

Physical Description: A small girl with a puffy cloud for hair. She has deep blue eyes, and a light, slightly flushed complexion. As for her attire... well there's none, however she's not below human decency. She uses puffs of cloud to cover her chest and groin, but because of the constant strain of having to endlessly conjure clouds she's not able go any further. Her face is light and elastic-like, being made of 80% cloud.

Personality: Young and naive, Nimba's constantly being taken advantage of and... exploited. She never seems to learn and almost never notices what's going on... though when she does her pursuer(s) better back off or they'll be in a world of hurt. Nimba is timid, usually preferring the 'flight' option of fight-or-flight. However if she's fighting on someone else's behalf she can get past her flighty reflexes and put up a hell of battle. She's very careful about using her powers and will only go full-on if there's nobody else, human or otherwise, to get hurt. She's always using her power to play with animals and bugs in her spare time.

Short Backstory: Nimba is the result of a rather unique situation. Her mother and father, very passionate lovers, were rather... adventurous. They constantly seeked to outdo the last location of their 'escapade.' Their most intense, as well as most dangerous, location was at the top of a tall hill in the middle of a raging storm. Meanwhile another was finally presented with the opportunity they've been waiting for. Stratus, a being of the clouds, wished to bear a child... but unfortunately he was the sole-surviving member of his kind. However there was a way to conceive... he had to strike a couple mid-intercourse. The resulting lightning would kill both participants, but bring him the child he wanted. And so he blasted Nimba's not-yet parents with a bolt of lighting.

Miraculously... nah I'm kidding... they both totally died. But in their ashes was Nimba. Stratus took her in and raised her, doing his best to protect her from the world's harshness. But maybe Nimba was a bit too sheltered... (More on her background will be developed throughout the story).

Life goal: Create the perfect storm so that the most perfect rainbow would follow.

Biggest Fear: Being ignored, unneeded, unwanted, and unloved.

Even though I like the character concept, I think the character is too "otherworldly" if you get what I'm saying. I'd like the characters to be born into a normal world where they either conceal or are unaware of their own powers, only to discover that the "normal" world they were born into is only one of an infinite amount of others. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear enough :/

Faker
01-15-2017, 05:43 PM
Even though I like the character concept, I think the character is too "otherworldly" if you get what I'm saying. I'd like the characters to be born into a normal world where they either conceal or are unaware of their own powers, only to discover that the "normal" world they were born into is only one of an infinite amount of others. I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear enough :/

I can't come up with anything. I created like 4 characters in the past week because of all the games being made and I'm really burnt out. :(

Kubby
01-15-2017, 05:47 PM
That makes me ask...how many people do you want to participate, EDX?

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 05:48 PM
I can't come up with anything. I created like 4 characters in the past week because of all the games being made and I'm really burnt out. :(

I mean you could just make her have a human appearance, clothes, and rewrite her backstory a bit or even skip it completely like Klonoa did, but I'm not going to force you into this with a character you don't want to rp as so if it's too much I understand completely ^^

Faker
01-15-2017, 05:50 PM
I mean you could just make her have a human appearance, clothes, and rewrite her backstory a bit or even skip it completely like Klonoa did, but I'm not going to force you into this with a character you don't want to rp as so if it's too much I understand completely ^^

I'll make a new character and use the cliche amnesia card then. :p I can't guarantee it will be like this one, though. I used up the rest of my decent ideas here.

Epic Doctor X
01-15-2017, 05:52 PM
That makes me ask...how many people do you want to participate, EDX?

Technically it could be any amount between 3 and all members of this group. If no one else joins I might create an NPC or two to join the team, alternatively having you create a second rp character, depending on what you like the most ^^

Faker
01-15-2017, 06:12 PM
Name: Genevieve Hastings
Element: Entropy
Physical Description: 6'1", wears a translucent silk robe and a black-red checkered skirt. One of her eyes is gold and the other silver. She wears sandals made of peridot and a top hat with a red bow-tie sewn into the front. She wears dramatic eye shadow (enough to give her eyes definition, but not so much that she looks totally goth.)

Personality: Usually very quiet, speaking only when spoken to or when she wants to be heard. She's the type of person who wouldn't hesitate to put a spike through someone, and getting on her bad side wouldn't be a wise choice. However she likes to let the very nature of her power push a pursuer around. It's the perfect ability to conceal because how does one exactly pinpoint a source of entropy... let alone the concept itself?

Short Backstory: She doesn't remember... nor does she cares. At this point in time she's only looking out for herself and doesn't care what trouble she causes. As long as she can live a luxurious life free from stress she's happy.

Life goal: To be able to live without want or worry.

Biggest Fear: Dying alone with no friends or family.

Kubby
01-24-2017, 11:08 AM
So, uhhh... When do we begin? Seeing the newest group section announcement (which, at least to me, seems to be a way to free Organization L members from their strife), do we wait for Turtle to join us, or...?

Moonjik
01-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Yeah I'm ready to start :D though I'd like Turt to join

Epic Doctor X
01-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Maybe we should wait a bit longer just in case Turtle wants to join, yeah

Moonjik
01-24-2017, 01:16 PM
Turtle can't join for another week.

Kubby
01-24-2017, 01:29 PM
Turtle can't join for another week.

Well, rules only say you can't join a group within a week of leaving another. Nothing is said about the case where this "another group" is disbanded. ;)

Moonjik
01-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Well, rules only say you can't join a group within a week of leaving another. Nothing is said about the case where this "another group" is disbanded. ;)
That is true. We'll probably have to ask Juiz though XD

Turtlesauce
02-01-2017, 09:26 AM
Name: Veo

Element: Sight (in my mind, having Sight as the element would make Veo able to see anything, from sounds to smells to what people are talking. Kinda like blind people have enhanced hearing, this guy, having no senses besides sight, could have superhuman sight. But you can go crazy on this one)

Physical Description: A moderate height individual, wears a black trenchcoat and dark-brown pants with some normal, black boots. His head is completely wrapped in bandages, except for his eyes.

Personality: Veo can't hear. He can't speak. He can't smell and he can't taste. This means there is not much to go on for personality. He always acts like a sentry, standing back and observing everything he can. He's the Sauron of Planet Earth. He does not act on justice, or on a set of moral virtues, as he never understood the reason behind them. The only thing he wants to do is see new things, all the time. His sight is like a hungry beast that wants to see more and more, and is never tired of seeing, and he succumbs to this basic desire.

Short Backstory: Veo lived all his life without much socialization. He was born without senses besides his eyes, and his Scientist parents thought he was so special he didn't need any friends, and so they kept him locked away and examined him all day and night. Veo, having photographic memory thanks to his sight, blazed through hundreds and hundreds of books. Once he was done with encyclopedias, he moved over to novels, then biographies, then technical manuals, until he ran out of things to read. By the time he was 30, his parents died, so he took up the job of private detective, cleverly calling himself "Veo, the Private Eye". After his reputation blew up, everyone kept coming and coming to him, but cases started becoming boring, murder, cheating, stealing, things that his eyes have seen numerous times over and over. So when he saw the invitation from IUSF, he placed the letter in his pocket, and kept it there until he was called upon.

Life goal: To see everything that this world (and worlds) has to offer.

Biggest Fear: Losing his sight