PDA

View Full Version : Why don't people reply?

NukeL3AR
12-04-2017, 06:18 PM
I've started this concept called fantasy rap battles on discord, and it worked super well. I tried on calbel, and it tried super well too. But here, it doesn't work. Why?

The concept is simple: 2 rappers role play characters and have a rap battle. I've done so many good rap battles with this (an example is eleven vs demogorgon, this was created with this game), but here nobody replies. Is there something I'm missing?

By the way, I'm new here, so I don't know how the community is. Is it because of the community or simply because the forum is dead?

Lohuydahutt
12-04-2017, 10:00 PM
You just chose a really shitty time to discover this place tbh. This is probably the most dead the forum has ever been. This is the first time I've logged on in a while rip.

Lancer
12-05-2017, 01:29 AM
Yeah. Given that ERB is kinda on mega-hiatus it's been a graveyard here. It'll resurge heavily once Season 6 goes into production most likely but for now yeah, forum ain't doin so hot.

NukeL3AR
12-05-2017, 07:27 AM
I'll keep active anyway, just so it doesn't die. I know how it feels when a forum dies :( (actually, it's my discord server that dies, but I suppose a forum is the same, but bigger).

Brad
12-09-2017, 07:45 PM
The forum used to be a very active place. As you can see from our post history, we have had plenty of fan-made ERBs in the past that have garnered much support, as well as other creative ventures and conversations. It was a thriving community.

Unfortunately, this community is entirely built on ERBs, which were and are declining heavily in mainstream popularity, not to mention possibly over. With the literal structure of our forum gone, its no shocker that activity has heavily declined: Why post about and around something that may not longer be relevant, or exist?

A few of us keep in contact outside of the forum, and I try to talk to as many old forumers once in a while, but theres not really much to see around here right now. The forum isn't dying, its been in a coma for a long while now. Maybe it'll wake up again someday but its been basically dead for quite a while. The community has either moved on completely from the forum or communicates with their friends outside of the forum.

We did rap battles for many years dude, we were quite an active forum, but I wouldn't be holding your breath for us to come out of the woods and start again anytime soon.

sane
12-10-2017, 12:38 AM
It's all us. We can say it's ERB but honestly who posted about the battles that much in the end?

Brad
12-10-2017, 02:03 PM
It's all us. We can say it's ERB but honestly who posted about the battles that much in the end?

I would disagree with this. You can see the activity of the forum clearly mirrors ERB activity. Most people talked about ERBs a lot, the forum is centered around it.

NukeL3AR
12-17-2017, 11:14 AM
that's quite sad. I really liked doing fantasy rap battles, but I can't because ERB doesn't upload anymore. Maybe they'll do someday? I hope...

Katz
12-17-2017, 08:37 PM
that's quite sad. I really liked doing fantasy rap battles, but I can't because ERB doesn't upload anymore. Maybe they'll do someday? I hope...

I think you can still make them. The series' death will only reach further if all of the fan series it has inspired dies too.

Turtlesauce
12-22-2017, 05:34 PM

I don't think fantasy rap battles is something that should die with ERB. Keep making them!

NukeL3AR
12-23-2017, 08:43 PM
I don't think fantasy rap battles is something that should die with ERB. Keep making them!
The problem is that someone needs to be there to continue them, or else they simply die out.

Turtlesauce
12-24-2017, 02:36 AM
If you keep writing them I'll keep reading them

NukeL3AR
01-03-2018, 03:46 PM
If you keep writing them I'll keep reading them
:) thank you