PDA

View Full Version : Video Game Reviews

ZoroarkPKMN
04-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I take suggestions for games to review.

Here are a couple to start with:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Platform: 3DS
[spoiler:o7b9g972]Now, I woudln't necessarily call Kid Icarus: Uprising a "good" game. I mean, it's fun, a great game, but I feel like the controls are rushed. You aim with the stylus, move with the Control Stick, and fire with the L-Button, fair enough. But sometimes, my game decides to fire with the B-Button instead. I don't know. Now, the graphics. Decent graphics. It's got good anime-like cutscenes on the touch screen during gameplay, and the in-game graphics feel real. It's also pretty funny, too. The levels, or "chapters" as they call them are pretty consistent. In every level there's a flying stage, a land stage, a mini-boss, and a boss battle. Although in Chapter 3 there's a flying stage, including a boss battle with a 3-headed dragon, then the land stage, two mini-bosses, and a final 1-headed dragon boss. Overall, the game is pretty decent.
8.5[/spoiler:o7b9g972]

Street Fighter IV
Platform: XBox 360
[spoiler:o7b9g972]Before I start, I'd like to point out that I am not a Street Fighter fan. Me and my brother just bought this game at the mall because we had $20 and the carousel was closed. Anyway, pretty basic game. In storymode, every character has their own individual storyline. Storymode's pretty simple: you go through different characters and have to beat them all to get to the final boss. You can compare it to theSuper Smash Bros. All-Star Mode. The multiplayer is simple, one-on-one matches. Fair enough. If you were to get this game, I would prefer you use Blanka. He shoots lightning and isn't even a human being. Anyway, the game is okay.
7.0[/spoiler:o7b9g972]

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
[spoiler:o7b9g972]The game sucks. I f**king hate Skyrim. Let's go over the details of it, shall we?
Storyline: The storyline sucks. It literally makes no sense. You are a dragon...inside of the body of a human...and you have to fight in a medieval civil war...WTF?!
Gameplay: The controls are horrendous. It takes one hour just to change from first-person to third-person. Oh, and the game glitches out CONSTANTLY. My brother was playing it and 3 versions of one dude appeared all in the same place!! WTF?!
Development: It took about 5 years to make this game, and the character development is crap. They couldn't think of clever lines for the different guards of the different towns, and so we're stuck with every guard in the game saying shit like: "I used to be a young adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee" or some other shit. And the game is so bad, characters will talk to you when I don't even press A to talk to them! WTF?! Oh, and the little children in the game are a**holes.
All in all, the game sucks.
2.0[/spoiler:o7b9g972]

Any suggestions for games to review?

Kubby
04-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Review Automation Engine Designer demo (http://automationgame.com/)

ZoroarkPKMN
04-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Review Automation Engine Designer demo (http://automationgame.com/)

I only review XBox, Wii, 3DS, DS, GameCube, and N64 games.

BBC7
04-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Mario 64 DS

Faker
04-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Review Super Mario Sunshine

ZoroarkPKMN
04-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Mario 64 DS
Platform: DS
[spoiler:3noz0dmi]I remember this game from when I was in...like...2nd grade. It was tough, alright, but still fun. The joy of freezing Clock World, climbing the infinite stairs, and going down the secret slide made me feel like I lived in 1995, or whenever the game came out. I also loved the addition of Yoshi, Wario, and Luigi as playable characters. This game recreated my childhood. I would recommend this game to anyone who loves Mario games!
9.0[/spoiler:3noz0dmi]

Super Mario Sunshine
Platform: GameCube
[spoiler:3noz0dmi]Possibly the best Mario game ever created. The plot was simple: Mario meets up with a water-shooting device named F.L.U.D.D after getting mistaken for a criminal graffitier. Now Mario needs to catch this graffiti-shooting look-alike and stop Bowser. You play as Mario, trying to gain Sunshine Stars in every level. I remember the rumors of Yoshi turning normal colored when you jump in the water and the rumors about the Sunshine Star behind the Sunshine Tower. This game was incredibly awesome! If you own a GameCube, buy this instantly if you do not own it!
10[/spoiler:3noz0dmi]

BBC7
04-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Review Super Scribblenauts

Gustav von Kozlov
04-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Review Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl.

A Decent Roman
04-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Review Pokemon Black.

Hedgeog
04-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Review this one

Pong (The Classic Arcade one, first video game (?))

ZoroarkPKMN
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
More Reviews:

Pong
Platform: Pong Console
[spoiler:emabpc33]Pong is Pong. Simple as that. Basic gameplay: you are one paddle on a table tennis court and you have to shoot the ball through the other paddle's goal, most of the time the second player. No biggee. This game is classic. Nothing really bad about it, except for some of the Pong Consoles. Some don't work and some take 10 hours to plug in. Nothing special. It's just Pong.
5.0[/spoiler:emabpc33]

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Platform: GameCube
[spoiler:emabpc33]Probably the best Super Smash Brothers game out of all three. Stages like The Temple, Yoshi's Island, and even Mushroom Castle were fun to play on! The game's design is incredible! The adventure was improved in Brawl, but the overall gameplay is awesome! The game is pretty simple: You play as popular Nintendo characters and brawl it out on fun stages. My favorite characters were Mewtwo, Dr. Mario, and Young Link. This game is amazing! Buy this game! GO! BUY THE GAME! COME OON!! WHAT'RE YOU WAITING FOR?! BUY THE F**KING GAME NOOOWWWW!
10.5[/spoiler:emabpc33]

Super Scribblenauts
[spoiler:emabpc33]Most of the fun this game has is the sandbox level. The game is pretty neat: You are a boy named Max and you have a magic green notebook that can make you wish up any noun you can think of (book, dinosaur, school, etc.) In the sequel to the original Scribblenauts, which I am reviewing, you can give your nouns adjectives (purple giraffe, polka-dotted winged bathtub, fancy red teacher, etc.) The game is pretty decent, but after a while you'll get bored of it and you'll abandon the game.
7.5[/spoiler:emabpc33]

Pokemon Black/White
[spoiler:emabpc33]Ahem. Best game ever. It has the gameplay of the Pokemon series, you catch Pokemon, train them, and then fight trainers with them. But this one has advanced graphics and storyline. The story is this: You are a male/female Pokemon beginning trainer who chooses the starter Pokemon Snivy/Tepig/Oshawott. Along your adventure, you must challenge 8 gym leaders who will lead you to the Pokemon League. On your path to be the champion, you meet up with your two friends Cheren and Bianca, and meet a strange boy named N. When N reveals that he is the king of a team of Pokemon liberators called Team Plasma, you must stop him before he captures the legendary Pokemon Reshiram/Zekrom. To face him and his dragon-type legendary Pokemon, you must capture Reshiram/Zekrom to stop him. This game is incredible. 'Nuff said.
10[/spoiler:emabpc33]

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Platform: Wii
[spoiler:emabpc33]Great game. It's just absolutely perfect. Even though some of my favorite characters were replaced/thrown out of the sequel to Melee, Brawl is pretty neat. My beloved Mewtwo was replaced with the destructive Lucario. Quick-hearted Young Link was replaced with adventurous Toon Link. The game has a better Adventure Mode storyline, too. The plot is: You play as your favorite Nintendo characters paired as duos and must stop Tabuu, a holographic villain who puppets Master Hand, rules over Bowser and Ganondorf, and plans to cover the whole video game world in a Dark Bomb. But first, before you fight Tabuu, you must defeat his minions. The game is pretty intense and serious, but overall, it's good.
9.0[/spoiler:emabpc33]

Kubby
05-01-2012, 06:19 AM
Review Carmageddon 64 then

nobody
05-01-2012, 06:57 AM
MW3

SuperWorldJumper
05-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Review Assassin's Creed 1

ZoroarkPKMN
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Revieewss:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
[spoiler:87t6lzse]I hate Call of Duty. So let's make this short. First off, the name. If you're gonna make a line of video games from a series in their own short series (ex: Modern Warfare series), don't make the games called Call of Duty 4: MW, Call of Duty: MW2, Call of Duty: MW3. That's 3 CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARES. And I know that they're all in a storyline, but IN THAT CASE call them Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Part 2, and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Part 3.
Fuck MW3.
3.0[/spoiler:87t6lzse]

Assassin's Creed
[spoiler:87t6lzse]Okay, so I'm not saying I hate the Assassin's Creed series, I am very fond of them. Yet, I DO recommend II, Brotherhood, and Revelations more than this one. In this game, you play as a man in Jerusalem during the Crusades named Altair. While climbing buildings and getting annoyed by beggers and thieves, you must become the ultimate assassin by killing targets of the Crusades. Now, in II, Brotherhood, and Revelations, it takes place in the Renaissance, plus some Altair scenes in Revelations. In Assassin's Creed III, it will take place during the American Revolution. Although the other installments of Assassin's Creed are much better, this game is pretty fun too.
8.5[/spoiler:87t6lzse]

Carmeggedon 64
Platform: Nintendo 64
[spoiler:87t6lzse]I have no fucking idea what this game is.
1.0[/spoiler:87t6lzse]

Faker
05-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Review Conker's Bad Fur Day and Portal 2.

ZoroarkPKMN
05-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Review Conker's Bad Fur Day and Portal 2.

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Platform: No Idea
[spoiler:3htneofe]I have no idea what this game is.[/spoiler:3htneofe]

Portal 2
Platform: 360
[spoiler:3htneofe]This game is the followup to the Valve game "Portal", included in the variety game pack "The Orange Box". The first game follows a test subject named Chell, who is testing through many different chambers in Aperture Science to test the Handheld Portal Device, a white laser that can shoot blue and orange portals, which can be used as a method of easy transportation. You are guided in the game by a robotic voice named GLaDOS, who promises Chell cake when she completes testing. At the end of the game, GLaDOS attempts to kill Chell, but Chell escapes and kills GLaDOS. Between the events of "Portal" and "Portal 2", Chell is put in a cryogenic chamber designed like a motel room. When "Portal 2" begins, it is 100 years after "Portal" takes place, and Chell meets a robotic personality core named Wheatley, who promises to bring her to an escape pod. While searching through Aperture Science laboratories for an escape pod, Wheatley accidentally turns on GLaDOS' system, and the robot plots revenge. Chell is put through many recovered test chambers by GLaDOS, but soon teams up with Wheatley and replaces GLaDOS' core with Wheatley's, making Wheatley in charge of the facility. When GLaDOS mocks Wheatley, he puts GLaDOS into a potato battery and makes Chell's escape elevator fall into the depths of an old factory. Chell reunites with GLaDOS, and it is revealed that the system GLaDOS was connected to is the real bad guy, coming to the fact that Wheatley is now evil. Chell goes through the original Aperture Science test chambers, guided by the voice of a man named Cave Johnson. Throughout the adventures through the old test chambers, Chell and GLaDOS occasionally hear the voice of Cave Johnson's assistant, Caroline. After moments of thinking, GLaDOS discovers that when Cave Johnson died of lunar poisoning, Caroline was put in charge of the facility and recreated as the GLaDOS system, ultimately making GLaDOS and Caroline the same person. Chell and GLaDOS return to the Aperture Laboratories, where Wheatley has redesigned the facility. After going through multiple test chambers, Wheatley tricks Chell and GLaDOS and puts them in a trap for them to die. Using gel found in the old Aperture Science facility, Chell and GLaDOS escape, with Wheatley getting angry. Chell and GLaDOS confront Wheatley, and attach personality cores onto him to make his system corrupt. After Aperture Science begins to breakdown because of a self-destruct button, Chell shoots a portal at the moon, which makes Wheatley and the personality cores get sucked into outer space. Wheatley is lost in the universe. GLaDOS, with the help of two Cooperating Test Subjects, named Atlas and P-Body, awake Chell as GLaDOS is reunited with her old system. GLaDOS erases the memories of Caroline in her and lets Chell escape, giving her the burnt Weighted Companion Cube from the original game. The ending suggests the possibilty of Portal 3. That plot right there just gives the game a:
9.0[/spoiler:3htneofe]

Rocket
05-05-2012, 06:56 AM
I got this really fun game called Mascot Mania once....... You run around as football mascots and beat other bosses and stuff and yeah.

ZoroarkPKMN
05-05-2012, 08:07 PM
I got this really fun game called Mascot Mania once....... You run around as football mascots and beat other bosses and stuff and yeah.

I am not aware of that game... o.O

BBC7
05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Team Fortress 2!

ZoroarkPKMN
05-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Team Fortress 2!

Never played.

Faker
05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
I have three Pokemon games.

Pokepark Wii 2: Wonders Beyond

Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness

Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs

ZoroarkPKMN
05-05-2012, 09:48 PM
I have three Pokemon games.

Pokepark Wii 2: Wonders Beyond

Pokemon XD: Gales of Darkness

Pokemon Rangers: Guardian Signs

He-he. Only played one of those three. :ashamed:

PokePark Wii 2: Wonders Beyond
Platform: Wii
[spoiler:4pqwsydy]Holy shit. This game is...it's just...WOW.
So...ahem...the plot:[/spoiler:4pqwsydy]
[spoiler:4pqwsydy]You play as Pikachu while your friend Piplup leads you to a place called Seasong Beach in the Cove Area. When Pikachu and Piplup are introduced to an amusement park called the "Wish Park", they are greeted by a Cofagrigus, who lets them play his attraction, where you create cakes. The reward for winning the attraction is a cake, but Piplup and Pikachu notice that the cake makes Pokemon go crazy. A dark void tries to attack Pikachu and Piplup as they run away, and the duo run into Oshawott, the Cove Area detective. Piplup sacrifices himself to save Pikachu and Oshawott, and the Area Master, Samurott, sends the two on a quest to discover the secrets of PokePark. From here you have the choice of playing as Oshawott, who can swim. When you get to Cove Town, you meet Krookodile, the Gate Master. After defeating Krookodile in a battle, he allows you to enter the Arbor Area, a grassy area. There, you meet Zorua, who is sad when her mother, Zoroark, is kidnapped and taken to Wish Park. After finding a portal to Wish Park, Pikachu and Oshawott realize that there is a ripped part of the paper portal, which is owned by Queen Serperior. Princess Snivy leads Pikachu and Oshawott to the queen, who says that she has stored it in a tree trunk guarded by a Deerling. Deerling allows the three to go into the tree trunk. Here, Snivy is available to play as. After receiving the ripped portal piece and transporting back to Wish Park, Zorua enters with them, hoping to find Zoroark. Zoroark has been hypnotized by a Gothorita, and the only chance to save Zoroark is to win at the next attraction, run by Chandelure. Chandelure's attraction focuses on dancing with a Lopunny. The attraction makes Pokemon who play the attraction dance furiously. After defeating the attraction, a Gothitelle appears, saying that she owns a part of Wish Park. To break Zoroark out of her spell, the Illusion Pokemon challenges Pikachu/Oshawott/Snivy to a Pokemon battle. After winning, Zoroark breaks out of her hypnotism. Gothitelle retreats, and Piplup is released. Piplup decides to stay in Wish Park to warn Pokemon of Wish Park's dangers. The gang then goes to the Crag Area, and meet Victini. Victini has lost his friend, Tepig. While searching for Victini's lost friend, Tepig is found stuck inside of a cannon. From here, Tepig is available to play as. The four meet the Area Master, Emboar. Emboar tells them of a Pokemon Competition, which the four enter. During the competition, a Scraggy reveals to everyone that one of the tournament contestants, Hydreigon, has been leading Pokemon into the Wish Park, including Victini. The four enter Wish Park, and meet Gothitelle, Haxorus, and Hydreigon. After battling Haxorus, the creator of Wish Park appears: Darkrai! After completing Gothitelle's attraction, revolving around battle strength, the four rescue Victini. Although the mythical Pokemon is rescued, Gothitelle tricks the four by taking Piplup in exchange. They four then go to the Tech Area to get information on who is creating the portals to Wish Park. They meet the Area Master, Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr allows them to go to the Warehouse, where Reuniclus is creating the portals. After rescuing a Klink, Klang, and a Klinklang from a closed room, the four realize the three are needed to power the elevator to the Scientorium. The three evolutions are found and the four meet Reuniclus. The four return to Wish Park and defeat Sigilyph's attraction, which revolves around flying. The four then go through a portal to the Wish Palace, disregarding a hypnotized Piplup's remarks. At the Wish Palace, Darkrai swipes the recent memories of Oshawott, Snivy, and Tepig, making them think that they are all what they used to be before the Wish Park incident. Along the events of this game, Pikachu has dreams where he encounters Reshiram and Zekrom, who notice a dark portal in the sky that will destroy Wish Park and PokePark. Pikachu goes to the seperate Areas and retrieves the three other heroes. After defeating Darkrai, the Dark Vortex that will suck up Wish Park and PokePark goes out of control, and Darkrai realizes his mistakes. He sacrifices himself and stops the Dark Vortex, and the two parks are saved. Reshiram and Zekrom save Darkrai after the aftermath, and the four heroes decide to explore PokePark.[/spoiler:4pqwsydy]
[spoiler:4pqwsydy]Whew. What a plot.
9.5[/spoiler:4pqwsydy]