PDA

View Full Version : An Inquiry, If You Will

Chazual Fridays
05-10-2012, 08:49 PM
I am not so sure I fully understand the concept of 'groups' here. I am familiar with moderator groups and user groups when it comes to phpbb forums (oh too well, I daresay), but aside from the Administrators (ERBoH) and the Global moderators (Dion), I don't fully understand what the function of groups such as Havok and Underdog Inc. are or the requirements needed to form a group. Perhaps one of you fine gents could enlighten me?

?Chaz?

ERBoH
05-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Well you see, groups are little sub communities inside the community. Each group has its own private forum. It gives a nice 'small town feel' to a big forum. Some groups have rap battles together and some things.
We've been trying to come up with ideas on group activities that could be fun.
Other than that they're pretty meaningless! :laugh:

We used to let anyone create a group, because at first everyone just joined the 1st group that was created :wat: But eventually everyone wanted to make their own group, so we made some rules; you have to have a clear idea of what you want to do with the group, and have your group approved by me, and you have to gather 10 members who want to join your group before you can have it approved.

Oh, and groups also have special colored names as you've noticed (and some have group icons).
name colors have to be approved (we don't want any annoying colors).

Chazual Fridays
05-10-2012, 09:50 PM
I am no foreigner to phpbb, my dear administrator - I am aware of how they work! I was merely curious as to their purpose, which seems to be not much! Ha, indeed.

?Chaz?

YellowNerd
05-10-2012, 09:53 PM
I am no foreigner to phpbb, my dear administrator - I am aware of how they work! I was merely curious as to their purpose, which seems to be not much! Ha, indeed.

?Chaz?

Dear sir, I formally invite you to our humble abode, The Underdog Incorporated.

Chazual Fridays
05-10-2012, 11:28 PM

?Chaz?

Why, your invitation is met with gratitude! I daresay I shall accept your generous offer, though I do hope your leader is quite all right with this?

?Chaz?

YellowNerd
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
[quote="Chazual Fridays":g87ypj10]I am no foreigner to phpbb, my dear administrator - I am aware of how they work! I was merely curious as to their purpose, which seems to be not much! Ha, indeed.

?Chaz?

Why, your invitation is met with gratitude! I daresay I shall accept your generous offer, though I do hope your leader is quite all right with this?

?Chaz?[/quote:g87ypj10]

Mr. 'Gade would be proud.

Chazual Fridays
05-10-2012, 11:34 PM
[quote="Chazual Fridays":i66hub2w]I am no foreigner to phpbb, my dear administrator - I am aware of how they work! I was merely curious as to their purpose, which seems to be not much! Ha, indeed.

?Chaz?

?Chaz?

Mr. 'Gade would be proud.[/quote:i66hub2w]
I am glad!

?Chaz?

YellowNerd
05-10-2012, 11:37 PM
It appears that neither Mr. Gade and Mr. Rob is here, Would you kindly go manually add yourself to our group and await conformation?

Chazual Fridays
05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Oh! I suppose I could. 'Twill be only a moment!

?Chaz?

Top-Hattington
05-11-2012, 12:17 PM
YN, if you hadn't had the opportunity to realize as of yet, my abilities are identical to those of Mr. Gade's, that is when it comes to the topic of leadership of our fine group. Needless to say, I have allowed for our good friend Mr. Fridays to have the pleasure of becoming an official member of Underdog Inc.

Welcome to the family! I do so very much appreciate that you have chosen us, and I guarantee with an unwavering certainty that there shall be no thoughts of regret passing through your mind at any time. Our home is now your home, Chaz

Chazual Fridays
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
You are too kind, my friend!

?Chaz?

YellowNerd
05-11-2012, 08:11 PM
My sincere apology, Mr. Top.

Top-Hattington
05-11-2012, 08:17 PM
'ats quite alright, YN. Knowledge (and a few other probably equally important things) makes the world go round