PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL GAMERS

Kain
06-05-2012, 01:09 AM
for everything E3 related check out G4 (http://www.g4tv.com/)

its where I'm getting my info. a new Splinter Cell game was announced, Assassin's Creed 3 was shown off, aswell as the announce ment of Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, for the PS Vita.

check it out.

Faena
06-05-2012, 01:51 AM
I really don't know what to think of the new AC.. Anyone with me?
I'm positive it will be a really good game on its' own, but not sure if it's a great addition to the Assassin's Creed series, since it's hardly assassinations (except for some wild animals in the woods). The only familiar aspect is the Templars vs Assassins..

From what I saw it looks a lot more RPG'ish like Skyrim, and less and less like the original AC gameplay.

Prove me wrong, please!

YellowNerd
06-05-2012, 01:54 AM
I really don't know what to think of the new AC.. Anyone with me?
I'm positive it will be a really good game on its' own, but not sure if it's a great addition to the Assassin's Creed series, since it's hardly assassinations (except for some wild animals in the woods). The only familiar aspect is the Templars vs Assassins..

From what I saw it looks a lot more RPG'ish like Skyrim, and less and less like the original AC gameplay.

Prove me wrong, please!

How can i? That's a perfect statement.

Rocket
06-05-2012, 02:03 AM
I don't like Assasin's Creed or those other games. Not my thing, not to mention the fanbase and overobsessions.

Faena
06-05-2012, 02:28 AM
I don't like Assasin's Creed or those other games. Not my thing, not to mention the fanbase and overobsessions.

Oh, but that happens here, there and everywhere. Fanbase is not a reason to turn down a game/franchise IMO. I'm not a fangirl, nor a hater, I really like the freerunning aspect in AC, but in AC3 you just climb trees, and kill wolves. The part that truly added to the charm, at least in AC2 was climbing the beautiful (pretty accurate, too!) architecture in Firenze and Venice..

Ofcourse, with the story and all it isn't more than logical that you get to the present more and more, but I'm not sure if this setting is the right one..

Edit: The overarching story with Desmond Miles is REALLY good though, that does make up for a lot. Reason enough to play the game, just to get the next piece of the puzzle.

Rocket
06-05-2012, 02:38 AM
I just don't like the violence and the little kids who ruin multiplayer that shouldn't be playing.

Kain
06-05-2012, 03:19 AM
all video games are violent.

YellowNerd
06-05-2012, 03:20 AM

I concur, Dora the Explorer isn't violent at all.

Kain
06-05-2012, 03:24 AM

no, but there is a child running around with no parental supervision and a possibly diseased monkey.

YellowNerd
06-05-2012, 03:26 AM

no, but there is a child running around with no parental supervision and a possibly diseased monkey.

Touché.

Kain
06-05-2012, 03:40 AM
a question for you Gears fans. with the Announcement of "Gears of War: Judgement" I'm browsing the comments of some message boards, and my question is. who is carmine, and why do people want him dead

Spars
06-05-2012, 08:13 AM
I want BO2

YellowNerd
06-05-2012, 08:51 AM
I want BO2

http://sadpanda.us/images/994754-N4ZKAHL.gif

Moonjik
06-05-2012, 09:05 AM
But that dream of a free china town.

SkylarErnest
06-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Here are the games I am most excited for:

1. Hitman: Absolution- I have beat all 4 of the originals.
2. The Last of Us- My g-d this game looks amazing.
3. Tomb Raider- This seems really suspenseful.
4. God of War 4- I don't really know what they plan to do with this but the gameplay looked amazing.

Kain
06-05-2012, 08:09 PM
I should watch those videos but I am too busy playing Arkham City.

Dragonate!
06-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Tomb Raider made me decide not to sell my Xbox...

The Godfather
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
These are the games I want:
1. South Park: The Stick of Truth
2. ZombiU
3.Halo 4
4. Playstation Battle Royale or something
5. Sleeping Dogs
6. BO2 (reason is for zombies)

Dragonate!
06-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Halo 4 Looks very underwhelming. I will play it, but I am not expecting much,

The Godfather
06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Halo 4 Looks very underwhelming. I will play it, but I am not expecting much,
I just like that the Flood will not be there. Usually, everyone gets too overhyped and that's things look unimpressive. I like the new enemies and the new guns. The South Park presentation saved Microsoft's conference and made it the best in my opinion.

Dragonate!
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Microsofts conference was crap, they all were. I am excited for Halo 4, but I just cant get my hopes up too much, without Bungie it wont be the same. Not saying 343 isnt capable I just don't believe it will be very good.

I am personally excited for Starwars 1313

Spars
06-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I want BO2 also!

Dragonate!
06-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Also the NFS MW remake looks sick.

The Godfather
06-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Microsofts conference was crap, they all were. I am excited for Halo 4, but I just cant get my hopes up too much, without Bungie it wont be the same. Not saying 343 isnt capable I just don't believe it will be very good.

I agree, but all of the big three conferences sucked (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft).

Microsoft redeeming factor: South Park
Sony redeeming factor: Ummm...
Nintendo redeeming factor: ZombiU
Ubisoft redeeming factor: AC3 and Sleeping Dogs
EA redeeming factor: Ummm...

Dragonate!
06-05-2012, 11:09 PM

I agree, but all of the big three conferences sucked (Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft).

Microsoft redeeming factor: South Park
Sony redeeming factor: Ummm...
Nintendo redeeming factor: ZombiU
Ubisoft redeeming factor: AC3 and Sleeping Dogs
EA redeeming factor: Ummm...

Did EA show 1313 or Most Wanted? I havent been following live this year. I saw those elsewhere after the conference and those games wowed me.

The Godfather
06-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I didn't watch EA so I should've put that. Sony's redeeming factor is announcing Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale for Vita. Now I can drill my way through Fat Princess (With Big Daddy).

Spars
06-05-2012, 11:48 PM
What's the royale?

The Godfather
06-05-2012, 11:50 PM
What's the royale?
Google it. It's Sony's answer to Super Smash Bros.

Spars
06-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Oh. Too lazy to google. Is it characters from Sony games only?

SuperRapz
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
a question for you Gears fans. with the Announcement of "Gears of War: Judgement" I'm browsing the comments of some message boards, and my question is. who is carmine, and why do people want him dead
There Are Three Carmine Brothers. One Is Anthony, And The Other's Name's Start With B And C. Anyway's, In Each Main Game So Far, A Carmine Brother has Died, Except For In Gears Of War 3, in Which He Barely Survives. TWICE. Anyways, People Are Probably Thinking That It Was Fun To See The Creative Ways They Made A Carmine Brother Die, So They Want Him To. I'm Not Sure If The Carmine From Gears 3 Is Returning, Or If It's A New Brother, Because I Haven't Really Paid Any Attention To GoW: Judgement.

Kain
06-05-2012, 11:58 PM
There Are Three Carmine Brothers. One Is Anthony, And The Other's Name's Start With B And C. Anyway's, In Each Main Game So Far, A Carmine Brother has Died, Except For In Gears Of War 3, in Which He Barely Survives. TWICE. Anyways, People Are Probably Thinking That It Was Fun To See The Creative Ways They Made A Carmine Brother Die, So They Want Him To. I'm Not Sure If The Carmine From Gears 3 Is Returning, Or If It's A New Brother, Because I Haven't Really Paid Any Attention To GoW: Judgement.
much appreciated

Spars
06-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I honestly don't like GoW

Kain
06-06-2012, 12:01 AM
there is only one real GoW. and its not Gears.

get it right people. GoW means GOD OF WAR!

SkylarErnest
06-06-2012, 02:43 AM
All of the conferences were AWESOME. There was definetly more games announced then last year and that is one thing that makes me angry. Sure Nintendo wasn't perfect but the Wii U is going to kick ass weather you like it or not. It is an HD Nintendo system. Who ever says Sony did bad is being idiotic. The have God of War 4 coming out and the All-Star game which although is a clone looks decently fun. XBOX announced a shit ton of stuff. Come on guys...

Also Sony= The Last of Us. If you haven't seen that watch it.

Faena
06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
See, I thought we got along on this forum! And now you go and disappoint me so much :(

Big loser of E3? Nintendo
Winner of E3? Ubisoft

See, I like Nintendo. A lot. For gods sake, I have a tattoo of one of their biggest game-titles on my back. But they didn't bring anything new to the table. Last year they sneak-peeked at the Wii U, and well, we're still there. They "re-released" Arkham City, which is ridiculous.. The entire game is the same except OH YOU CAN HOLD YOUR CONTROLLER IN FRONT OF THE SCREEN NOW, WOOP! It's so mediocre! The ZombiU title is pretty much "Zombie Run" for the iPhone.. But then you actually fucking run, and don't take babysteps on a balance board. They hardly made good announcements, and they showed no gameplay at all. Seriously, all the "gameplay video's" were animated, and is at no point good reference material for the actual game. I am seriously questioning if Nintendo did ANYTHING the last year.

Sony had a good one with the fellas of Quantic Dream. Beyond: Two Souls looks amazing, although that whole interactive movie genre has to be your thing, I suppose. I loved it.
The PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale game needs to be burnt, buried, revived, and then thrown through a woodchipper. I'm alright with a Sony arcade fighter game. Really. But they could have at least TRIED to make it less SSBB? The camera action, the placement of the tags.. The environments and characters look less cartoony, but that's about it. It's such a damn shame. The rest is really mediocre.

I haven't seen the Microsoft one, probably because I glanced at it and didn't see anything I liked AT ALL. I'm not really a Halo-girl, I own one and two but I can't get excited about it. Same as CoD, it's overhyped and they just use old content and they brush it up a little just to put it back in a new title.

And then.. My favorite.. UBISOFT, OH JESUS CHRIST.
Far Cry 3, are you even questioning this? The graphics are amazing, the story is marvellous, it looks DONE. No glitches detected, no bugs detected, and this was all live gameplay from the big screen, unlike Nintendo who just used their animation footage as "gameplay truth".
Assassins Creed 3, I've posted about this before. It looks good as a separate game, not sure how it fits into the AC series. Still, looks pretty damn good, and I'm excited for it.
Then, Watch Dogs. That one blew my mind. Going around town, hacking phones, pulling information from people.. Just, wow. The thing I liked the most is that you need to anticipate EVERYTHING. Remember the car where your target is in? And you have a couple options, hack traffic lights, hack train, etc. I love the fact how they make your action play in really well with the story. It looks so realistic! The flames from the gas station looked great, when you rescue the random guy in the vehicle, and you actually help him, "get down, go that way!", instead of throwing him out of the car GTA-style. I don't know, maybe I'm rambling, but I'm just truly impressed by this title.

Maybe I'm a very critical watcher, maybe it's because my boyfriend is a game-developer and I'm a design-geek so my priorities are way off, maybe I'm just too old for Halo and bad remakes of arcade brawls.. I don't know.

Dragonate!
06-06-2012, 10:52 PM
All of the conferences were AWESOME. There was definetly more games announced then last year and that is one thing that makes me angry. Sure Nintendo wasn't perfect but the Wii U is going to kick ass weather you like it or not. It is an HD Nintendo system. Who ever says Sony did bad is being idiotic. The have God of War 4 coming out and the All-Star game which although is a clone looks decently fun. XBOX announced a shit ton of stuff. Come on guys...

Also Sony= The Last of Us. If you haven't seen that watch it.

WAIT...you watched E3 and thought that everyone did a good job? :brick:

Come on. Microsoft brought in a bunch of paid actors to talk...Usher? REALLY? And than said the word REVOLUTIONARY a thousand times to explain a bunch of SEQUELS. They announced nothing new, all the games they showed were showed at last years E3 except for a few very VERY shitty kinect games.

Sony I didnt watch.

Nor did I watch Nintendo. SO I can't comment. But Microsoft brought nothing, and I heard the others were the same.

The Godfather
06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
I now agree with you, Dragonite. Usher sucks, but I liked Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

"Kyle, Jews can't be saviours!"
-Eric Cartman

Dragonate!
06-06-2012, 11:01 PM
I now agree with you, Dragonite. Usher sucks, but I liked Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

"Kyle, Jews can't be saviours!"
-Eric Cartman

The only saving grace was southpark.

Look I want a bunch of Xbox games...but I saw them all last year. WOW ME WITH SOMETHING DAMN IT!!

The Godfather
06-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Agreed!

SkylarErnest
06-06-2012, 11:26 PM
They brought South Park and Halo 4. I have not played the Halo games but this one looks decent.

Dragonate!
06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
They brought South Park and Halo 4. I have not played the Halo games but this one looks decent.

They showed Halo 4 last year. And this one looks like crap, I dont like it. I will buy it solely due to fanboy loyalty but I dont expect much.

harlequinade
06-07-2012, 12:16 AM
I agree that all the presentations kind of blew chunks... and I don't feel any hype for any game but Halo 4 and that's because I am a halo fan girl and what they showed looked a lot better than I thought 343industries would do.

I did like how trey parker made fun of the presentations when they came out mocking other presentations about xbox glass, etc.

L
06-07-2012, 04:54 PM
Carmine is the family in gears that is infamous for dying.
Anthony Carmine was shot in GoW
Ben Carmine was digested in GoW 2
Clayton Carmine didnt die due to popular vote...

L
06-07-2012, 04:57 PM
GoW judgement is a prequel. it hopefully will showcase the fourth brother, who's name starts with a D

SkylarErnest
06-07-2012, 06:23 PM
GoW stands for God of War... not Gears of War.

harlequinade
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
^^^^ I would hope that was common knowledge >.<