PDA

View Full Version : E3 2012

Moonjik
06-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Who are you supporting in the biggest video game battle this year, arguably ever, and why?

Nintendo (the one for me)
Sony
Microsoft

I'm supporting Nintendo as they are already winning and they are the only ones to bring in a new console; the Wii U. They are also the old-school players and made almost all the classics we love. Vote for Nintendo!

Dragonate!
06-11-2012, 02:32 PM
This is false, last year Microsoft took over as the highest grossing console worldwide. Microsoft is actually winning the console battle.

Also I am a Microsoft fanboy, and it dissappoints me that it took 7 years to be number one.

Moonjik
06-11-2012, 02:37 PM
This is false, last year Microsoft took over as the highest grossing console worldwide. Microsoft is actually winning the console battle.

Also I am a Microsoft fanboy, and it dissappoints me that it took 7 years to be number one.
Nintendo all the way.

Dragonate!
06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I own every nintendo console. I just prefer Microsoft

Kain
06-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Nintendo was number one for a little over a decade, then Sony took over, after the PS3 failed to continues Sony's dominance, Nintendo took its title back. interest in the Wii has wavered, and Microsoft is poised to take over. they have not taken the number one spot yet. Nintendo still dominates. that kinda sucks to admit. though I grew up with Nintendo, I am a Sony fanboy. and with Halo 4, and Gears of War Judgement, I don't see Sony coming back to number one. then again with the Wii U coming soon, I don't see Microsoft taking that spot either

Moonjik
06-11-2012, 03:04 PM
Nintendo is king of games.

Dragonate!
06-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Nintendo was number one for a little over a decade, then Sony took over, after the PS3 failed to continues Sony's dominance, Nintendo took its title back. interest in the Wii has wavered, and Microsoft is poised to take over. they have not taken the number one spot yet. Nintendo still dominates. that kinda sucks to admit. though I grew up with Nintendo, I am a Sony fanboy. and with Halo 4, and Gears of War Judgement, I don't see Sony coming back to number one. then again with the Wii U coming soon, I don't see Microsoft taking that spot either

This is no longer true

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff449/seece01/12thNov.png

Please note the 2011 Market Share Data.

Dragonate!
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Market share is of course comprised of total sales of all products including kinect, console, and games. versus all products sold by Nintendo and Microsoft has passed them.

ZoroarkPKMN
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm supporting Nintendo for 3 reasons.

1. THEY MADE POKEMON
2. The Wii U will dominate all other consoles with its graphics and gameplay
3. Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon looks hellz epic

But about Microsoft, I am seriously looking forward to Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4.

harlequinade
06-11-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't understand why it's a competition (I mean for companies, I get it, but amongst fans?) Every console has it's pros & cons, and as a gamer, I have loved every system for certain games equally. Granted, my heart belongs to Nintendo since the first NES to the 3DS, I have never wavered, but as a gamer, we shouldn't just single ourselves to one console, otherwise we are missing out on some AMAZING games. Maybe I just don't get the crazed fan boys/girls out there. Another reason apple has never won me over...

long story short, can we all just get along?

Dragonate!
06-11-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't understand why it's a competition (I mean for companies, I get it, but amongst fans?) Every console has it's pros & cons, and as a gamer, I have loved every system for certain games equally. Granted, my heart belongs to Nintendo since the first NES to the 3DS, I have never wavered, but as a gamer, we shouldn't just single ourselves to one console, otherwise we are missing out on some AMAZING games. Maybe I just don't get the crazed fan boys/girls out there. Another reason apple has never won me over...

long story short, can we all just get along?

The answer is...because fanboys...no.

Also I agree with Nintendo selling points, except about Graphics. Nintendo has never and will never be the dominant graphical console. They dont even attempt to make the best graphics.

harlequinade
06-11-2012, 08:48 PM
I am fine with Nintendo graphics, what I find it lacks is online gaming. Smash Bros attempted and FAILED at online "matchmaking".

SkylarErnest
06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
If you are talking about sales of consoles. The PS2 is the most bought console of all-time and continues to get sold. Notice the games are still on sale.