PDA

View Full Version : Forum Skins

Zero
06-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I Was thinking what about custom forum skins? for everyone i've seen it been done!!...
what do yous think?

BBC7
06-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I Was thinking what about custom forum skins? for everyone i've seen it been done!!...
what do yous think?

An example of these skins, please?

Zero
06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
I Think, we use V-Bulletin

ERBoH
06-21-2012, 02:35 PM
there is only 2 forum skins on this site

The 'other skin', which is called ProSilver, isn't really 'fully functional'.
I just use it to test things.

The 'default' skin we use is ProSilver_SE (special edition). Which I keep up to date, since its the skin that everyone uses.

Yes, we can have special skins. But I would only use skins based on ProSilver, because we have modifications on the forum that would cause problems with any non-prosilver based skins. Also, a skin could easily become 'out of date' when a new version of PHPBB (our forum software) is released. ProSilver (& ProSilver_SE) is updated automatically along with the software.

But yes, I can create 'custom skins' that are slightly different based on our ProSilver and ProSilver_SE skins.
Anyone else can do the same if they'd like. You'd have to have a lot of programming knowledge though.

I can easily make things different colors. Buttons can be changed too, but i'd need the new button images to do that. So if anyone wants to make button images that are cool/professional looking, I can add them in.