PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nintendo Power

RBM
08-21-2012, 04:44 PM
Today, Nintendo Power officially announced that they will be discontinuing their magazine. :(

The Godfather
08-21-2012, 04:45 PM
Today, Nintendo Power officially announced that they will be discontinuing their magazine. :(
That sucks man. I loved Nintendo Power. :(

RBM
08-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Me, too! I'm still subscribed, so I'll be getting that last issue soon...I hope. :rain:

The Godfather
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Me, too! I'm still subscribed, so I'll be getting that last issue soon...I hope. :rain:
Unfortunately, Im not subscribed, so I have to get it on the shelf from the local confectionary.

A Decent Roman
08-21-2012, 04:47 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

RBM
08-21-2012, 04:51 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I know... :(

Adonis
08-21-2012, 05:05 PM
D:

RBM
08-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Well, at least we still have Game Informer...

............This shit is lame. C'mon Nintendo Power...WE NEED YOU! :(

Uprising
08-21-2012, 06:08 PM
I think they figured that everybody has Internet and can figure all the stuff out on their own. It was still pretty good though.

RBM
08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
I think they figured that everybody has Internet and can figure all the stuff out on their own. It was still pretty good though.
Yeah, I know. But Nintendo Power was AMAZING! They were organized with everything, up-to-date with Nintendo, and were humorous. They had awesome polls, stories, artwork, and injected each and every one of us with Nintendo nostalgia. It was the magazine that told the world about the Warp Zone, the cheat codes, the level secrets, and that Samus was a girl! Nintendo Power is THE icon of gaming journalism, and it saddens me greatly that they ended it for good. Rest in peace, beloved Nintendo Power. We will never again Power-Up without you on our side...

:(

ZoroarkPKMN
08-21-2012, 06:35 PM
I used to get Nintendo Power all the time at Shop Rite, but then they stopped selling them. I WILL MISS YOU YOU BELOVED WORK OF ART.

To commemorate their discontinuing, I will collect every single Nintendo Power, from Issue 1 to the Finale Issue! It's also a great collector's item. :p

RBM
08-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I used to get Nintendo Power all the time at Shop Rite, but then they stopped selling them. I WILL MISS YOU YOU BELOVED WORK OF ART.

To commemorate their discontinuing, I will collect every single Nintendo Power, from Issue 1 to the Finale Issue! It's also a great collector's item. :p
Awesome! I have a lot of their magazines. I am subscribed to them and hopefully I'll get their last issue soon!

Also, I remember when Nickelodeon Magazine closed down. I still have their final issue...very sad...but not as sad as this.

ZoroarkPKMN
08-21-2012, 06:51 PM

Awesome! I have a lot of their magazines. I am subscribed to them and hopefully I'll get their last issue soon!

Also, I remember when Nickelodeon Magazine closed down. I still have their final issue...very sad...but not as sad as this.

I remember that too. My subscription ended early for that, though. But NINTENDO POWER WAS AWESOME!!!

Kain
08-21-2012, 10:12 PM
nobody buys magazines anyway. this is a sign of things coming. more and more magazines will fold(pun not intended). its just a matter of time before we see Game Informer disappear.

Uprising
08-21-2012, 10:24 PM
nobody buys magazines anyway. this is a sign of things coming. more and more magazines will fold(pun not intended). its just a matter of time before we see Game Informer disappear.

A magazine that I really loved called Sporting News shut down and was taken off of newstands a few months ago. I was MAD.

ZoroarkPKMN
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Every gamer reads GameInformer, since they reveal new things about games that the Internet doesn't know. Same with Nintendo Power, it's just that everyone was buying GameInformer instead. Nintendo Power was better...

RBM
08-22-2012, 05:54 PM
Nintendo Power was better...
Definitely. I just feel that Game Informer is a bit bias.