PDA

View Full Version : My Top 10 Best Movies of All Time

Batman Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Everyone has an opinion on what their favorite movies are, and I decided to make a list of my top 10 favorite movies. Please, no hate. I do not have The Godfather or Citizen Kane or Schindler's List etc. etc. on this list for I have yet to see them. I do have a love of Comic Book Movies, I do admit freely, so keep this in mind. Here it goes:

1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Pulp Fiction
3. TDKR
4. TDK
5. The Avengers
6. Inception
7. Lord of the Rings: Return of The King
8. Terminator 2: Judgement Day
9. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
10. Iron Man

10: Iron Man
This film is brilliant. It has a brilliant lead, an amazing story and great supporting cast. This, and The Dark Knight really shed some new and refreshing light on the Comic Book Movie Industry. I cannot praise Robert's performance enough. Not only did he do a good job with what he was given and did a good portrayal, he made Tony Stark's character better.

9: Star Wars: The Empire Strike Back
This film is amazing. I love Luke and Vader and, of course, Han, and dammit, I love all the leads. This also had some new and exciting things, and it was wonderful to see a sequel do better then the original. With the recent selling of LucasFilm to Disney, I hope they make more Star Wars movies like this one. Excellent story, good pacing, acting is good, what else do you want in a science fiction movie?

8: Terminator 2: Judgement Day
I adore this film. It has a brilliant performance from Arnold, and he was the one to really take the lead. I liked Conner and Sarah, but the T-800 really took the lead. Also, amazing villain. He scares you with out even doing jump scares, and that is awesome. I refuse to believe there is a 3 and 4, because this was a good ending to a franchise.

7: Lord of The Rings: Return of The King
This is what a good threequel is. It is action packed, well paced, and an awesome villain(s). I love the ending, and I love seeing Gollum. Frodo, and his obsession with the ring, was very interesting to watch. Gandalf kicked ass. Please, make the Hobbit good. Do not fail us Peter.

6: Inception
Leonardo at his best. I love all the great perofrmances from all the actors. It has great action sequences, and great pacing. I love Nolan and his genius!

5: The Avengers
Best. Superhero. Team. Movie. Ever. I mean, I love it so much that I can barely explain it. I love the genius Mark Ruffalo, RDJ is great, I could go on, but its amazingness is pretty self explanatory.

4: The Dark Knight
First off, Heath Ledger. He knocked it out of the park and beyond this planet. He was absolutely amazing. Also, Harvey Dent was brilliant. I love this film in all of its entirety, but its not the the best in the trilogy.

3: The Dark Knight Rises
I think this was the best of the trilogy. It had the best story, amazing acting, and it was great to see Batman overcome such a bad plate given to him. I love this film!

2: Pulp Fiction
Do I even need to explain this? Amazing acting from everyone, cool story, and all these memorable quotes. Just awesome.

1: Shawshank Redmption
Wow. This film has emotional impact, awesome voice over, great story. I absolutely couldn't praise this enough. Go watch it if you haven't seen it.

Alright guys. There it is.

Batman Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 12:50 AM
I will review rap battles soon!

The Godfather
11-26-2012, 12:52 AM
IMO, (I understand you don't want to be like all those film snobs like me) The Godfather is the best movie ever. That and putting the The Dark Knight over TDKR and getting rid of Iron Man is my list basically.

Batman Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 12:53 AM
IMO, (I understand you don't want to be like all those film snobs like me) The Godfather is the best movie ever. That and putting the The Dark Knight over TDKR and getting rid of Iron Man is my list basically.
Fair enough. And I love movies, I just haven't gotten myself to watch TG. But I will do it soon. Anyway, what did you think of it? ANd I loved TDKR over TDK IMO.

The Godfather
11-26-2012, 12:56 AM
[quote="The Godfather":2xm858cz]IMO, (I understand you don't want to be like all those film snobs like me) The Godfather is the best movie ever. That and putting the The Dark Knight over TDKR and getting rid of Iron Man is my list basically.
Fair enough. And I love movies, I just haven't gotten myself to watch TG. But I will do it soon. Anyway, what did you think of it? ANd I loved TDKR over TDK IMO.[/quote:2xm858cz]
Think of the list? Pretty much my list except Iron Man and TDKR. I would have replaced those two with Donnie Darko and Chinatown. The reason I want TDK higher is because I can just watch it more. I fell asleep during TDKR, to me it was kind of boring and kind of convoluted.

Batman Heisenberg
11-26-2012, 12:58 AM
[quote="Batman Heisenberg":13banj3q][quote="The Godfather":13banj3q]IMO, (I understand you don't want to be like all those film snobs like me) The Godfather is the best movie ever. That and putting the The Dark Knight over TDKR and getting rid of Iron Man is my list basically.
Fair enough. And I love movies, I just haven't gotten myself to watch TG. But I will do it soon. Anyway, what did you think of it? ANd I loved TDKR over TDK IMO.[/quote:13banj3q]
Think of the list? Pretty much my list except Iron Man and TDKR. I would have replaced those two with Donnie Darko and Chinatown. The reason I want TDK higher is because I can just watch it more. I fell asleep during TDKR, to me it was kind of boring and kind of convoluted.[/quote:13banj3q]
Watch it again. It is better then you think. It might just be my love of Batman. Anyway, try to watch it again. An suprising, that we have all the same love of movies! What is your list?

B.S.B
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
There are so many good movies, I cannot have a 10.