PDA

View Full Version : The High Council

LAWLzoR
02-25-2012, 11:17 PM
does this count as a group? Anyway, I made this thread so that we can talk about the High Council, and not be off-topic/etc. If ERBoH agrees to it, we'll have out High Council set up in a jiffy (a jiffy is an ACTUAL time measurement, it's 1/100 of a second)

YellowNerd
02-25-2012, 11:19 PM
does this count as a group? Anyway, I made this thread so that we can talk about the High Council, and not be off-topic/etc. If ERBoH agrees to it, we'll have out High Council set up in a jiffy (a jiffy is an ACTUAL time measurement, it's 1/100 of a second)

Hi, council brother

ERBoH
02-25-2012, 11:41 PM
sooo what high council business did you guys handle todayy~

YellowNerd
02-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Our vice-lleader lawl is asleep...

LAWLzoR
02-25-2012, 11:47 PM

Our vice-lleader lawl is asleep...
not exactly. I do that on twitter when I'm done RPing for the day, or when RP is dieing down. I just roam the internet after I'm done on twitter

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 12:13 AM
I'm going to go to sleep; I have a sore throat :\

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 12:23 AM
So what do we do now high council??

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 12:25 AM
So what do we do now high council??
well, I believe ERBoH said (some time ago, I'm not 100% sure) that the council had more power than just deciding rap tournament competitors... we'll just have to find out when he comes back.

Meanwhile, it's official! The rap tournament has gone to Aristocracy! (lololololoLOL)

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 12:34 AM
before i said you guys could also nominate the 'members of the month' for each section.

we could do that too if you guys want?
I'm not 100% positive on how the selection process is going to work for a high council choosing people though. that 'each person ranks their top 4' thought i had in the other thread was just an idea. I'm not sure if its the best idea though, idk.

or i can just pick them :p
doesnt matter to me lol.
No one seems to like my 'best battles' for fm erboh though :(

*ok, really going to bed now. night.

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 12:58 AM

>says he's going to bed
>is STILL online
wut? lol, anyways, I'm going to bed. See ya in about 8-9 hours!

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 01:03 AM

>says he's going to bed
>is STILL online
wut? lol, anyways, I'm going to bed. See ya in about 8-9 hours!

Scumbag erboh

Straw Hats
02-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Sorry I'm late! What did I miss?

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 04:19 AM
Sorry I'm late! What did I miss?

two of the leaders sleeping XD

Straw Hats
02-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Great! They leave us to do the work. lol, JK

So we might be able to pick members of the month also now?

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 04:22 AM
Great! They leave us to do the work. lol, JK

So we might be able to pick members of the month also now?

idk :drinking:

Straw Hats
02-26-2012, 04:23 AM
lol, we are so organized right now.

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 04:24 AM

No shit xD

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 09:33 AM

[attachment=0:5ter8ztr]ts.jpg[/attachment:5ter8ztr]

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 09:48 AM
FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS!!!
wubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwubwub (^-^)

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 09:49 AM

Fuck. :o

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 09:50 AM

f**k. :o
>.> <.< what?

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Anytime all the member are the council are on the forum at the same time, we shall call the time duration "Council in Session". This duration of time means that all the members are on the forum, and can perform its duties (whatever those duties are)

P.S. My natural tendency for this kind of stuffs forced me to do this!

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Anytime all the member are the council are on the forum at the same time,

:wat:

Prince
02-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Can i be in the next high council you guys have?
Its not like anyone's gonna pick my stuff anyways right :D

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Can i be in the next high council you guys have?
Its not like anyone's gonna pick my stuff anyways right :D
This is why we call this time duration "Council In Session" Gentlemen/ladies!
We'll have to discuss this, so that everyone agrees on your entry in the council

I say yes

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 01:39 PM
If you guys want to pick the MotM next month, thats fine.
council vote? yes we want to / no we dont

Also, come up with ideas for a process for 'selecting' people / battles.

Dion
02-26-2012, 01:50 PM
For some time I've been thinking about maybe having a committee or a council that also ran some Group-Related Competitions and Contests. We have this sort of thing on another forum I'm active on, and the committee consists of all Leaders and Co-Leaders and a select few that are not in a group (Therefore bias wouldn't occur). To be straight forward, I am a Leader of a Group on there and this system does help out with a lot of Group Activity.
But if we were to do this idea, all groups would need to have a Co-Leader (it helps take the weight of responsibility off of the leader's back) and this committee should have its own private Sub-Forum or whatever you call it.

Just thought I should suggest it here.

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 01:51 PM
It seems out council is busy indeed. Luckily, we have a month (or less) to work on this process. Should we allow PrinceofPrinces in this council? I say yes

Moving on to further issues, I say we do what you did this month for next month's MotM for each (except Personal Help, and Introduction Sections) section. We choose the candidates, and if we all agree on them, they they'll be voted on by the rest of the forum. The same should go with the rap battles. People enter their rap battles, the council reads through them, pick about 3-4 rap battles (more variety than just two) and then those rap battles can be voted on by the rest of the forum.

In conclusion: Yes, I think we should pick the CANDIDATES for the MotM next month

And Dion, what a wonderful idea, I agree with Dion's statement of having a co-leader

YellowNerd
02-26-2012, 01:53 PM
It seems out council is busy indeed. Luckily, we have a month (or less) to work on this process. Should we allow PrinceofPrinces in this council? I say yes

Moving on to further issues, I say we do what you did this month for next month's MotM for each (except Personal Help, and Introduction Sections) section. We choose the candidates, and if we all agree on them, they they'll be voted on by the rest of the forum. The same should go with the rap battles. People enter their rap battles, the council reads through them, pick about 3-4 rap battles (more variety than just two) and then those rap battles can be voted on by the rest of the forum.

In conclusion: Yes, I think we should pick the CANDIDATES for the MotM next month

And Dion, what a wonderful idea, I agree with Dion's statement of having a co-leader

Yeigh.

Dion
02-26-2012, 01:55 PM
We should do a tournament of Rap Battle vs Rap Battle. 8D

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 01:57 PM
please elaborate. like a sir

Prince
02-26-2012, 01:58 PM
What do you mean? Sounds interesting

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 02:00 PM
what is this other forum you speak of, so that we may steal more ideas from them :pimp:

Prince
02-26-2012, 02:02 PM
what is this other forum you speak of, so that we may steal more ideas from them :pimp:
I dont think this will really help you, but one of the most popular forums on the internet is for the game maplestory. maybe it will give you a little inspiration or ideas?
here it is:
http://www.basilmarket.com/

Dion
02-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Okay, we take all the rap battles that everyone has entered and put the list in a randomizer. Then we take each pair of rap battles and put them in a poll for people to vote on.

Example:

Batman vs Sherlock Holmes (Dion)
GoB vs the Forum (God of Bronies)

People vote on which one was better, and the winning battle moves on into the tournament. It continues on until we're down to one rap battles. ;p

Get what I'm Sayian?

@ERBoH
It's a top secret forum. 8D kingdomhearts3.org, I am a Super Moderator AND a Clan Leader on there. :pimp:

Prince
02-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Okay, we take all the rap battles that everyone has entered and put the list in a randomizer. Then we take each pair of rap battles and put them in a poll for people to vote on.

Example:

Batman vs Sherlock Holmes (Dion)
GoB vs the Forum (God of Bronies)

People vote on which one was better, and the winning battle moves on into the tournament. It continues on until we're down to one rap battles. ;p

Get what I'm Sayian?

@ERBoH
It's a top secret forum. 8D kingdomhearts3.org, I am a Super Moderator AND a Clan Leader on there. :pimp:

I have to say i really like this idea.
I can see it

Dion
02-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Also, going back onto the Group Council topic, would it be too much to ask that Epicz members have a coloured name?
I mean, if you guys don't want a COLOURED name, you could always just use this hex colour: #105289.

It'd look like this; LAWLzoR
It's exactly the same colour as regular members, but bolded.

It'd be reeeaaally helpful if you did so because it's hard enough knowing who IS and who ISN'T in your group. :laugh:

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Also, going back onto the Group Council topic, would it be too much to ask that Epicz members have a coloured name?
I mean, if you guys don't want a COLOURED name, you could always just use this hex colour: #105289.

It'd look like this; LAWLzoR
It's exactly the same colour as regular members, but bolded.

It'd be reeeaaally helpful if you did so because it's hard enough knowing who IS and who ISN'T in your group. :laugh:
sounds good.
ERBoH, would you please make those changes? (it's a minor thing, I don't need to vote on it. It wouldn't really change anything)

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 03:49 PM
thats very thoughtful of you to come up with that idea and find the color dion :)

So the tournament idea is:
battle1
vs
battle2

battle3
vs
battle4

Then if battle 1 and battle 3 win the votes, then:
battle1
vs
battle3

Is that how your saying it would work?

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
thats very thoughtful of you to come up with that idea and find the color dion :)

battle1
vs
battle2

battle3
vs
battle4

battle1
vs
battle3

sounds confusing. I think the forum would like it how we had it earlier. We pick the top 4 (more or less) and they vote on it. The tournament would be very time consuming, and would result in hours, maybe even days lost trying to pair up each rap battle.

it's gonna be hard pairing the rap battles to battle against each other. Every rapper has a different writing style, different rhyming style, etc. You can't really compare their work that much. The idea of voting for the best raps is good, but it's gonna be time consuming figuring out which rap battle will face off against another rap battle

Dion
02-26-2012, 04:10 PM

battle1
vs
battle2

battle3
vs
battle4

battle1
vs
battle3

Thanks. :x:

And that's exactly what I'm saying. We can post up polls for round one, let them hang there for a few days, and then start round 2, and so on.

Also, to make it interesting we could try this:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e493k8.png
http://i42.tinypic.com/5bdxdj.png

If you don't get what I'm showing you, basically we randomize who goes up against who each round.

Dion
02-26-2012, 04:14 PM

battle1
vs
battle2

battle3
vs
battle4

battle1
vs
battle3

sounds confusing. I think the forum would like it how we had it earlier. We pick the top 4 (more or less) and they vote on it. The tournament would be very time consuming, and would result in hours, maybe even days lost trying to pair up each rap battle.

it's gonna be hard pairing the rap battles to battle against each other. Every rapper has a different writing style, different rhyming style, etc. You can't really compare their work that much. The idea of voting for the best raps is good, but it's gonna be time consuming figuring out which rap battle will face off against another rap battle

That's why we randomize it.
Chances they'll be evenly matched? Unlikely, yes, but the point of a tournament is for the better man to advance.
I know a website that can randomize lists, and we can use it for this idea, but that's if people are willing to try it.

Moonjik
02-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Who's in the High Council?

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
ERBoH
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd
PrinceofPrinces (we're still voting)

Moonjik
02-26-2012, 04:19 PM
ERBoH
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd
I see.

SuperRapz
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Hope Im In This Tournament :)

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Hope Im In This Tournament :)
I'm not 100% sure if we're having the tournament. If we are, then I hope you're in it too :)

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
I used to have a website that ran tournaments for a game called starcraft 2.

It seems pretty interesting. I think it could work. I might be able to set up a special page for it that has all the voting on it. we could limit it to like 16 or 8 entries.

I think it might be too complex to be a monthly thing. So maybe we'll just keep the top 4 thing for the monthly contest (unless there are other ideas).

And then we can also run the tournament as a fun activity, because it seems like a really cool idea.
I have a lot of work I need to do right now for school and stuff. So I'll be back later~

ZoroarkPKMN
02-26-2012, 07:56 PM
ERBoH
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd

What about me?

LAWLzoR
02-26-2012, 07:57 PM
ERBoH
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd

What about me?
Are you in it? Sorry if I forgot you, I forget a lot of things. If you're already in it, I'm sorry I forgot to list your name

ZoroarkPKMN
02-26-2012, 08:04 PM
ERBoH
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd

What about me?
Are you in it? Sorry if I forgot you, I forget a lot of things. If you're already in it, I'm sorry I forgot to list your name

:lawl:

B.S.B
02-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Shall BSB Join Thy High Council?

Dion
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
If we're going to have this many members join the High Council, I suggest ERBoH makes a new thread were people that want to be on it say so and he chooses a select few that he feels are unbias and whatnot.

There are too many people wanting to be on the council...

ERBoH
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
PoP, PKMN, BSB
The 3 of you shall be council reserves, in the event that a high council member steps down or doesn't feel like reading all the battles and decides to quit.

Anyone that wants to join the 'council reserve' can PM me saying so. Only trust worthy unbias people need apply :)

All council reserves will be called up in A) the order they were approved and B) based on availability.
For example, PoP has first dibs on an open council spot. But if PoP isn't available PKMN has next dibs, then BSB.

POP PKMN BSB all approved as reserve high council wizards

Prince
02-27-2012, 07:59 AM
yay

Dion
02-29-2012, 08:32 AM
So, are we all good with having the top 4 nominated by the 5 of us, and then people vote on them?

B.S.B
03-03-2012, 08:50 AM
http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=894

Come try me.
ERBoH: Whoops, Now There Is A Ad With Text.

SuperRapz
03-03-2012, 05:36 PM
[quote="joker wild":3o1hwov4]http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=894

Come try me.
ERBoH: Whoops, Now There Is A Ad With Text.[/quote:3o1hwov4]
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqU5doLJYAHy5FykkUKpf6hebSPOYRz-Li0ok_3X_0hU3XyolI

Dion
03-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Okay, so how are we doing this?

YellowNerd
03-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Okay, so how are we doing this?

I don't know yet, brother dion.

ERBoH
03-16-2012, 12:06 PM
How about this:
The high council reads the rap battles.
Each person ranks what they believe to be the top 5.
Then we convene in the high council private section and talk about why we picked the battles we picked. And then we decide on the top 5 battles that should be voted on.

I post the 5 battles picked, and then they are voted on by the entire forum.
Voting starts the 25th, so you should read/rank them on lets say the 22nd-24th and discuss them then. If any new battles are posted during that time you can just read them and adjust your rankings accordingly.

High council members that should rank what they think are the top 5 battles:
LAWLzoR
sman3579
Dion
YellowNerd

I will weigh in and break any ties but I won't pick the battles, since that would create bias.
The rap battles to read for the contest are here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=909 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=909)
the private high council section will be at the bottom of the forum shortly.

03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
where do i post my battle for the contest?

Dion
03-16-2012, 12:17 PM
where do i post my battle for the contest?

Right here buddy: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=909 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=909)

YellowNerd
04-04-2012, 07:09 AM
HELLO FORUM!

I am bro/sis Rarity from the high council, Please don't hesitate to PM any one of us...

We are nice, we don't bite, We aren't biased, so if any problems occur, come to us for help, aight? :)

LAWLzoR
04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
HELLO FORUM!

I am bro/sis Rarity from the high council, Please don't hesitate to PM any one of us...

We are nice, we don't bite, We aren't biased, so if any problems occur, come to us for help, aight? :)

She's/He's right you know. We're always welcome to help others :)

LAWLzoR
04-05-2012, 10:24 PM
so its just leaders?
No. We got ERBoH, (the now) P. Wright, and others too. Not just leaders, also I'm technically not a leader. I'm Manager... lol :3

SuperRapz
04-05-2012, 10:52 PM
He Is Correct. If It Were Just Leaders, i'd be In It. ;-;

LAWLzoR
04-05-2012, 10:56 PM
*pats back* It's ok, SuperRapz. You're still an awesome person and awesome brony /)(\

SuperRapz
04-05-2012, 11:41 PM
*pats back* It's ok, SuperRapz. You're still an awesome person and awesome brony /)(\
https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbje3Hz_nkM9BTDlnHa0Ddqxn8sE98k _zZ6TbSW0cn5ZrSo8Y7pg

LOL JK, Continue Your Flattering, Brethren. /)(\

YellowNerd
04-06-2012, 03:30 AM
so its just leaders?
No. We got ERBoH, (the now) P. Wright, and others too. Not just leaders, also I'm technically not a leader. I'm Manager... lol :3

and i'm a lawyer

SuperRapz
06-19-2012, 02:24 AM
Are there any inactive members I can fill in for?

Spars
06-19-2012, 02:08 PM
I would like to join(if spaces) to.

Spars
06-19-2012, 03:44 PM
[quote="God of Bronies":31fw5y5p]http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22250190.jpg

If you change that to "One of the most active members here" then you have me. I mean,almost 2300 posts in like 5 weeks.
But I do believe I really deserve to be in the High Council. I'm not even modding a section and I have the second highest post count here. I guess ERBoH Forum has a habit of kicking me in the gut.[/quote:31fw5y5p]

You will be modding 2 sections once the list comes out though. And I think it should be 4 originals(2011),and 4 Newer people in the high council(2012). And being perfectly honest,I think I deserve to be one of those as well. Now that Kurt is gone a list I had in mind.

LaWLZoR,GoB,B.S.B,SuperRapz/BobbyB for the 4 OG's
Spartica,Dragonite(I know he is really new,but he is very high quality),ThatEvilGuy(?),and ????

Prince
06-19-2012, 03:59 PM
There goes my pride again.

Spars
06-19-2012, 04:01 PM

There is a space with ????? there. Would you like to fill it?

The Godfather
06-19-2012, 05:05 PM

There is a space with ????? there. Would you like to fill it?
I would like you to take the question mark beside my name. :p

Faker
06-19-2012, 08:42 PM
If there's still a spot left, can somebody create a questionnaire that I can answer, to see if I'm worthy?

ERBoH
06-19-2012, 11:47 PM
I think I'll replace the high council with a 'mod section' where anyone who is a mod can post in there.

The 'high council' really hasn't done anything lately :p

B.S.B
06-20-2012, 11:26 AM
I think I'll replace the high council with a 'mod section' where anyone who is a mod can post in there.

The 'high council' really hasn't done anything lately :p
so there is a secret section for us mods to chill? AWW YEA