PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Something

I Da Cash Man
01-22-2013, 08:11 PM
I think Nice Peter is an extremely smart person. When he talks about how your body is the only thing you really have, or that you're only as sexy as you think you are, those are very powerful words. But I look at videos like the last Monday show where he talked about up keeping, or the one before where he talked about Kale making...it feels like he might be coming off as a little condescending. I know he's just trying to share his infinite wisdom and in reserve there isn't really a problem with that. But when every other video features some little blurb about living your life better, you come off as a little authoritarian. Especially since we know the target audience for his videos are between 12-25, and this is the exact age when people do not want to do what people tell them to do. I don't know...maybe I'm reacting wrong, but it feels like Nice-Peter might want to cool it on the tips & tricks. Thoughts?

sane
01-22-2013, 08:12 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6994288640/h65B3F079/

xxDeadxPoolxx
01-22-2013, 08:13 PM
12-25 is the perfect range to throw out tips like this. Thats the age where your body changes the most, so if you can upkeep your body quite well, it'll pay off for you down the road.

Uprising
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
But most people of that age don't really listen to such wisdom.

xxDeadxPoolxx
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM

While true, some will walk away with it.

Baldy Jr
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
I learn stuff from Peter, and I never really thought of it as authoritative.

I Da Cash Man
01-23-2013, 11:52 PM
12-25 is the perfect range to throw out tips like this. Thats the age where your body changes the most, so if you can upkeep your body quite well, it'll pay off for you down the road.

Really good point raised. We're in a society today where when people need the good stuff the most, they get it the least.

I learn stuff from Peter, and I never really thought of it as authoritative.

My point. I love the stuff, but I'm just considering the mass audience. For instance, I wasn't alive in the 1930's, but when I watch King Kong I know that's who they were targeting. Or like when I watch Harry Potter, I know I'm not in that target range, and I consider the actual target demographic. So while I consider myself moderately open eared, I know Peter's audience is going to listen for only so long. With the general population of YouTube, I'm impressed the reaction has still been positive for this long.

Epic Doctor X
01-24-2013, 04:43 PM
To be honest, I don't think that a lot of the younger audience of ERB's watch the Monday Shows. They find it boring, they just want the raps. That's why the reaction still is positive.

I Da Cash Man
01-24-2013, 09:48 PM
To be honest, I don't think that a lot of the younger audience of ERB's watch the Monday Shows. They find it boring, they just want the raps. That's why the reaction still is positive.

You make a good point. But then why does Peter make those videos so short?

Shakespearean Superstar
01-26-2013, 07:13 AM
[quote="Epic Doctor X":rgn9mwah]To be honest, I don't think that a lot of the younger audience of ERB's watch the Monday Shows. They find it boring, they just want the raps. That's why the reaction still is positive.

You make a good point. But then why does Peter make those videos so short?[/quote:rgn9mwah]

I think Peter makes the videos short because of his scheduling, particularly at the moment. We all know that ERB is coming back soon, so I could imagine his focus would be more inclined to that. But also, I think he makes them short because it goes straight to the point, but still makes a big impact :)

I Da Cash Man
01-26-2013, 03:01 PM
[quote="I, Da ??$h???":2g52txne][quote="Epic Doctor X":2g52txne]To be honest, I don't think that a lot of the younger audience of ERB's watch the Monday Shows. They find it boring, they just want the raps. That's why the reaction still is positive.

You make a good point. But then why does Peter make those videos so short?[/quote:2g52txne]

I think Peter makes the videos short because of his scheduling, particularly at the moment. We all know that ERB is coming back soon, so I could imagine his focus would be more inclined to that. But also, I think he makes them short because it goes straight to the point, but still makes a big impact :)[/quote:2g52txne]

Right. Obviously. I feel stupid.