PDA

View Full Version : Umbreon Reviews Thread

Umbreon
05-18-2013, 01:45 PM
I decided to make these in a thread instead of each having a different thread because i dont wanna clog up the forums.

MY REVIEWS:
Mozart Vs Skrillex - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12943 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12943)
Rasputin Vs Stalin - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13022 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13022)
Master Chief Vs Leonidas - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13016 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=13016)
Mario Bros. Vs Wright Bros - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12986 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12986)
Batman Vs Sherlock Holmes - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12944 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12944)
Doctor Who Vs Doc Brown - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12958 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12958)
Hulk Hogan vs Kim Jong Il - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12959 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12959)
Bebe Ruth Vs Lance Armstrong (because you totally cant scroll down 2 inches) - viewtopic.php?f=17&p=343524#p343524 (http://www.erboh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&p=343524#p343524)

Just so you guys know, i plan on reviewing all the ERB's. Then, i was asked to review all the ERB parodies after i am done, after that...idk. When a new ERB and ERBParody comes out i will review it but other than that...idk. I MAY review fan made ERB's but i doubt it.

Ruth Vs Armstrong:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61%2Bu2FyqnoL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The Beat
Sounds epic. It seems like a sporty type beat which fits both characters well. all around a pretty good beat.
17 / 20

The Impression
They did nothing for the lance impression. He just sounds like Peter. So....he basiclly gets a zero in this department. As for Ruth, they gave him a brooklyn accent and he sounds pretty damn good. However, because of this he can be hard to understand at points but that doesn't matter to me much.
15 / 20

The Costumes
For Lance, the costume is done well (both of them) but they didnt do much (if anything) to make Pete look like Lance. So overall the costume is half decent. As for Ruth, they gave him a generic Baseball outfit (which is very easy to do) and it looks pretty damn good.
14 / 20

Round 1
A decent verse. Ruthless agression is a bad pun but i am a sucker for bad puns so i like it, The Oprah reference is decent, the specimen of sins line is ok, the French Dude line is ok, the ending lines are pretty decent...overall a decent verse.
5 / 10

Round 2
The Live Strong line is good, the droppin your ass line is pretty good, the Olsen twin line is pretty good, the Tour De France line is pretty decent, the ending lines are pretty good. Better than Lance's by a bit.
6 / 10

Round 3
I really like the Italy line. I really like the actually trained line, the dipping stick in prostitutes line is pretty good, the ending lines are pretty damn good as well.
7 / 10

Round 4
Epic to say the least. The opening line is pretty good, the Baby ruth line is good, The calling his shot line is prety good, the syringes line is decent, the out of the park line is good, the disgrace line is decent,the Sheryl Crow line is good, the Fries line is decent, the ending lines are pretty good. A near perfect verse to me.
8 / 10

Overall
Armstrong - 12
Ruth - 14
Overall - 72 / 100

Umbreon
05-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Finally got another review out....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61g8LhGr87L._SS500_.jpg

THE BEAT:
Epic sounding. doesnt really fit with the characters but is still a decent beat nonetheless. The clapping-ish sounds make it sound good, may be a bit repetitive but so are a LOT of beats.
15 / 20

THE IMPRESSIONS:
Uh....we dont know what Shakespeare sounded like, Dr.Seuss barely talked, the cat in the hat has no voice, and the things don't either. im just gonna add 5 to each of the scores so they'll be out of 15 instead of 10.
0 / 0

THE COSTUMES:
Dr. Seuss' is decent. the glasses are perfect, the suit should be grey not black, the bow tie is good, the hair is ok. Shakespeare is ok. The hair is slightly off, the beard is slightly off, the frill thingy is good. The cat in the hat looks like someone got high and decided to put on a cat costume Thing 1 and Thing 2 are just fucking creepy
14 / 20

ROUND 1
The bite my thumb line is good, the slug between yoru shoulder blades line is good, the yonde rposer breaks line is decent, the iambic line is decent, the kindergartner on acid line is good, the swag line is bad, the soft author line and the twilight line is ok.
12 / 15

ROUND 2
:hearts: amazing. one of my favorite verses in the history of this series, if not my favorite. the opening lines are great. the Horton line is good, the Macbeth line is good, the translate on the opposite page line is good, the ending lines are great. Amazing.
14 / 15

ROUND 3
DAT SPEED...AMAZING. Dos lyrics....not so much. From what i can understand of it (that speed is amazing) the opening line is ok. the plethora of features is...ok. the Ghetto Muppet creatures is good, the bard is in the building is ok, the ending lines are good. (Bonus points for speed)
13 / 15

ROUND 4
These things are fucking annoying as hell but have decent lines. The smashing globes is nice, the running the show line is ok. The fancy words line is ok, the green engs and ham line is decent, the ending lines are decent.
11 / 20

OVERALL
Shakespeare - 25
Dr. Seuss, The druggie, and the creepers - 25
Overall Score - 79 / 100

GonadTheNomad
05-24-2013, 12:12 PM
Well, you could have gone off the movie adaption of The Cat in the Hat for impressions, but I wouldn't have, so forget I said anythign, anyway.

Umbreon
05-24-2013, 12:13 PM
Well, you could have gone off the movie adaption of The Cat in the Hat for impressions, but I wouldn't have, so forget I said anythign, anyway.
I forgot that movie existed lol. But it was so bad i wouldn't go with it for impressions anyways.

GonadTheNomad
05-24-2013, 12:20 PM
I forgot that movie existed lol. But it was so bad i wouldn't go with it for impressions anyways.

Yeah, it was, but i was rather indifferent to it when I watched it like, seven years ago.

Damn, I feel old.

Umbreon
05-24-2013, 12:44 PM

Yeah, it was, but i was rather indifferent to it when I watched it like, seven years ago.

Damn, I feel old.

The only reason i remember it is because of the Nostalgia Critic lol

Umbreon
05-25-2013, 06:48 PM
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu7iPLcKGgVox1y8Z_h1sbzMgd9_aVS EmCuQSVw_MQApFFA19E

THE BEAT:
I really dont like it. It doesnt fit either character, it ain't that catchy, and is overall a pretty bad beat. Not the worst but....pretty bad.
5 / 20

THE IMPRESSIONS:
Sarah sounds too young and not that great. Gaga sounds bad. it sounds too guy-ish. Neither of them is that good.
5 / 20

THE COSTUMES:
Sarah looks pretty good. The hair is good, the glasses are done well, and the suit is right. As for Gaga...it looks decent. The hair isn't perfect, the clother are strange as hell and look like nothing any human being should wear and...that's great. The face isn't that well done.
14 / 20

Round 1
the opening line is bad, the sex with a frog line isn't that good, the dog line is decent, the monsters line is decent, and the ending line is prety decent. so...half horrible half decent. It was mostly just listing facts and repeated herself a lot. A below average verse.
4 / 10

Round 2
the opening line is pretty decent, the princaple of a homeschool line is great, the Jackson 5 line is ok, the igloo line is ok, the ending lines are bad. A SLIGHTLY above average verse.
6 / 10

Round 3
The moose line is bad, the madona line is ok, the gay pirhana line is bad. Overall another bad verse.
3 / 10

Round 4
horrible. the opening line is bad, the hockey line is only half decent, the John mccain line is bad.
3 / 10

Overall
Palin - 7
Gaga - 9
Overall - 40/100

Uprising
05-25-2013, 06:50 PM
"Gaga sounds too guyish"

Lol

Umbreon
05-30-2013, 07:14 PM
http://o.scdn.co/300/9f56f6bb5287f41a293add11c7566a9fd467ad9d

THE BEAT:
Sounds good. It has some Asian elements to it so it fits with Lee and it has some bad ass elements which fits with Eastwood. It is a pretty good one.
16/20

THE IMPRESSIONS
They gave Lee a stereotypical Asian accent which is ok but not accurate. That doesn’t SOUND like Eastwood but he talks like he would…if that makes any sense so…it is ok.
15/20

THE COSTUMES:
So….for Lee they went for the Game of Death outfit and….it is accurate but I would rather have had him shirtless. It would have made more sense. Lee looks ok but Pete looks more like Eastwood than Lloyd does. So….it is ok.
15/20

Round 1
The opening lines are good, the Wataaaaaaw line is good, the boring movies line is ok, the Chuck Norris line is good, the Jeet-Kun-Do is a good line, the ending line is awesome
7/10

Round 2:
The opening lines are great, the Ringo line is ok, the Lips line is decent, the go ahead make my Ipod line is AMAZING as is the sweatshop line, the ending lines are great.
8/10

Round 3
The opening line is good, the fistful of dollars line is ok, the 80’s line is inaccurate but funny, the ending lines are good.
7/10

Round 4
Not as good as the first. The Licky…I mean…Lucky Punk line is ok, the Asprin line is good, the one inch punch line is…..meh. It was a decent line but soooooooo predictable. The Chinese Checkers line is….bleh. The ending line is epic and harsh so….awesome.
8/10

Overall:
Lee – 14
Eastwood – 16
Overall - 76/100

GonadTheNomad
05-30-2013, 09:07 PM

THE BEAT:
Sounds good. It has some Asian elements to it so it fits with Lee and it has some bad ass elements which fits with Eastwood. It is a pretty good one.
16/20

THE IMPRESSIONS
They gave Lee a stereotypical Asian accent which is ok but not accurate. That doesn’t SOUND like Eastwood but he talks like he would…if that makes any sense so…it is ok.
15/20

THE COSTUMES:
So….for Lee they went for the Game of Death outfit and….it is accurate but I would rather have had him shirtless. It would have made more sense. Lee looks ok but Pete looks more like Eastwood than Lloyd does. So….it is ok.
15/20

Round 1
The opening lines are good, the Wataaaaaaw line is good, the boring movies line is ok, the Chuck Norris line is good, the Jeet-Kun-Do is a good line, the ending line is awesome
7/10

Round 2:
The opening lines are great, the Ringo line is ok, the Lips line is decent, the go ahead make my Ipod line is AMAZING as is the sweatshop line, the ending lines are great.
8/10

Round 3
The opening line is good, the fistful of dollars line is ok, the 80’s line is inaccurate but funny, the ending lines are good.
7/10

Round 4
Not as good as the first. The Licky…I mean…Lucky Punk line is ok, the Asprin line is good, the one inch punch line is…..meh. It was a decent line but soooooooo predictable. The Chinese Checkers line is….bleh. The ending line is epic and harsh so….awesome.
8/10

Overall:
Lee – 14
Eastwood – 16
Overall - 76/100

Ah, licky punk.

Uprising
05-30-2013, 09:34 PM

THE BEAT:
16/20

THE IMPRESSIONS
15/20

THE COSTUMES:
15/20

Round 1
7/10

Round 2:
8/10

Round 3
7/10

Round 4
8/10

Overall:
Lee – 14
Eastwood – 16
Overall - 76/100

Ah, licky punk.
That's actually MY name, thank you very much :p

GonadTheNomad
05-30-2013, 10:19 PM

THE BEAT:
16/20

THE IMPRESSIONS
15/20

THE COSTUMES:
15/20

Round 1
7/10

Round 2:
8/10

Round 3
7/10

Round 4
8/10

Overall:
Lee – 14
Eastwood – 16
Overall - 76/100

Ah, licky punk.

Happy?

Uprising
05-30-2013, 10:20 PM

THE BEAT:
16/20

THE IMPRESSIONS
15/20

THE COSTUMES:
15/20

Round 1
7/10

Round 2:
8/10

Round 3
7/10

Round 4
8/10

Overall:
Lee – 14
Eastwood – 16
Overall - 76/100

Ah, licky punk.

Happy?
I'm always happy. Except when i'm not.

Diogee
06-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Happy?

I ain't happy, I'm feelin' glad, I've got sunshine, in a bag...

Sorry, this was just a PERFECT opportunity for me.

Umbreon
10-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Time for the Hitler Vader trilogy.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121027013542/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/5/5f/Darth_Vader_vs._Adolf_Hitler.jpg

The Beat
I like it. It sounds techno-ish for Vader and badass for Hitler. It is a pretty good beat that fits both characters, It feels epic. My only problem is that it can get a bit too repetetive. I know beats are always repetitive but this is a bit too much.
15/20

The Impressions
Both sound Ok. Not amazing, but Ok.
12/20

The Costumes
Vader's looks too plastic-y (Is that even a word?) but with the low budget this had that is understandable. Hitler looks pretty good.
13/20

Round 1
"I AM ADOLF HITLER"...stating the obvious i see. This is Season 1's "Nice hat dork you look like a duck". Just a bland opening line that states the obvious. the mic line is cool, The making fun of Vader's costume bit is good, the prequel line is decent, the ending Spaceballs bit is decent. An above average verse.
6/10

Round 2
The opening line is great, the Napoleon dick line and the mustache lines are decent. The Dark Lord line is ok. The ending line is bleh. Better than Hitler's first but not by much.
7/10

Round 3
Not much to say. The shower line is good, and the white neighbors line is decent.
7/10

Round 4
The Robot Balls line is bleh, and the end line is ok.
5/10

Overall:
Vader - 12
Hitler - 13
Overall - 65/100

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121027023312/epicrapbattlesofhistory/images/f/fd/Adolf_Hitler_vs._Darth_Vader_2.jpg

The Beat
Amazing. It sounds soooo epic. It's not too fast paced and it's not to slow. I can see why this is Peter's favorite Beat.
18/20

The Costumes
Same as last time except 1 point more for making Vader less plastic-y and another point for the Vader's real face part.
15/20

The Impressions
Same as last time.
12/20

Round 1
These will be out of 20 due to only 1 verse each. The someone who loathes you lien is good, the thawed out line is bleh, The Mufasa line is great, as is the Chewbaca line, Lutwaffe is nice, Yahtzee is ok, The Sick shit line is great, The Robot Nuts is a line that i find bleh because it's a ripoff of a line in the first battle, the ending line gets bonus points because of the makeup
16/20

Round 2
The opening line is great but it i like the shower version more, The Mic skills line is ok, the 6'6 line is good, The resperator line is ok, the Luke Skywalker line is ok, the Seig Fucking Heil line is amazing, the ending line is ok
15/20

Overall
Vader - 16
Hitler - 15
Overall - 76/100

http://www.erboh.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13317&d=1380941598

The Beat
The only thing in this battle that is AMAZING to me. I dont even need to go into words about it. It is amazing.
19/20

The Impressions
Same as in 2.
12/20

The Costumes
same as in 2. (Will add Boba Fett when video comes out)
15/20

Round 1
"Screw you you big black cunt" REALLY!? Ugh...This is almost as bad as Batman's opening...The war on two fronts is a decent line, the Apartheid line is nice,Germ in Germany is only decent, the Disney reference is ok, and the baking line is ok. Just an average verse.
4/10

Round 2
Better than Hitler's. The opening line is ok, the Fired Up lines are good, the Napoleon reference is ok, the ending lines are ok,
6/10

Round 3 (ithink)
3 and a half lines...i cant say much. This is the shortest verse in ERB history so i cant say much. It sounds cool but there aren't any good lines in this. If they made it longer and added mroe references MAYBE but as is? Nah...
3/10

Round 4
Idk if i should count this as a verse but i will anyway. Sieg Hell No is great, the rest is bleh. Thats all i got to say.
4/10

Overall
Vader - 9
Hitler - 8
Overall - 64/100