Education

Educational stuff

1. Monopoly and Psychology

Unless you've already seen John Green's new video on vlogbrothers then you might not know of a recent psychology study. Several Monopoly games were set up by psychologists. However the difference in this is that one person out of the players got a huge advantage at the start of the game, for example starting with more money. This led to the people who had the advantage to think that the game is more fair than it actually was and that they deserved that money. Similarly, studies have shown that rich ...
  2. Sigmund Freud

Yes, Sigmund Freud. Now before you call this man a pervert, that's not true. He thought everyone else was a pervert. But in all serious, we all need to remember Freud's theories. Sure he came up with penis envy and the Oedipal Complex, but let's remember everything else he came up with that helped shape psychology into what it is today.

The unconscious-
    S. Freud thought that the unconscious dealt with repressed ideas. Basically ideas that were repressed consciously, but the ...
  3. The Problems With Our Current Form of Education

Call this the 95 Theses because I'll be calling out the thing we (almost) all dread: Our Schools.

1. Education is something we need to want to do, not something we need to have to do. We like VSauce and Crash Course and SciShow so much because it's something that we want to do, not something we have to do. Granted there probably will be those times where Crash Course and SciShow videos are your homework, but I'm not talking about in school I'm talking about our own free time. Whenever ...
  4. Plato's Allegory of the Cave

So imagine some people tied by their necks and legs in a cave. They are facing the wall of the cave, and because they are tied up, they can only face the wall of the cave. They cannot turn their head around. Now in the cave behind them there is a fire where they can see shadows. Now like a shadow puppet show, there is a wall so the people can hide while they operate the puppets. The people who are tied up, the slaves, see these puppets and see them as reality. Now also in the cave there are echoes ...
  5. Education for the future?

Hey guys, got another post here. I'll give you guys a critical thinking story soon, but during my vacation I just got a lot of inspiration for my new posts. I don't think this one will be too long, but I just wanted to share this. So you guys might've noticed that I really like education and learning. At the very least, I'm in a phase where I really like education. Why do I like education? Well it's because education is awesome and fantastic! But why is learning so important? You see commercials ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast