Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Song of the Day Thing #5

This song is something Pandora introduced me to. It's a little simple, but it's quite interesting and I like the singer's voice quite a lot. Spoon in general is a pretty interesting band. Have to say though, I have no idea what the lyrics in this song actually mean.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Song of the Day Thing #4

Muse is in an odd spot for me. I really do like a couple of their songs, but a lot of others fall really short in my ears. General rule of thumb for me is that their less Radiohead-inspired stuff tends to be better for me - maybe because I just think they make kind of a poor man's Radiohead. This is one of the highlights from my favorite Muse album. I like the way "You are my mu-" just kind of falls off before Bellamy can finish the lyrics. Still have ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Song of the Day Thing #3

Almost forgot to do this today.

The White Stripes are a great band I've been overlooking for a long time. Just got into them near the end of 2015 but I already like a lot of songs by them, need to listen to more. This is my favorite so far (except for Seven Nation Army), I love how simple and yet epic the instrumentation is. Love Jack White's solo stuff too, but haven't heard much aside from Lazaretto and 4-5 other songs.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Song of the Day Thing #2

This is one I've been listening to for a few months now. I remember they played it like twice on Sirius XM's Alt Nation and then kinda silently dropped it (although it might've just been at the end of its run) but I really like this song's guitar part. I also have a bit of a thing for British falsetto voices so I guess there's that.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Song of the Day Thing #1

I need a use for my blog (and I need to test the blog feature; hopefully I can get it to work) so I figured I'd try this.

Foster the People was actually the first band I ever truly actively listened to (as opposed to just hearing stuff on the radio) so I figured I'd celebrate by making my first song their most recent release. I like it, got some really interesting lyrics in there. Looking forward to their third album which they're supposedly gonna start ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324