All Blog Entries

1. Song a Day or whatever #26

I acknowledge I've had a string of laziness about explaining my song choices. I shall continue doing so, and MAYBE just MAYBE I should do these things earlier than fucking midnight.

I'm not really sure why I enjoy folk-type songs so much. I guess part of it is just that I like the general sound for whatever reason. The other part of it is just that there's this kind of purity to it. It represents human nature at its most vulnerable, most personal, and oftentimes ...
  2. Song of the Day Thing #95

Been meaning to check out PJ Harvey for a while now. She's got a pretty cool voice from what I've heard, and the music is pretty interesting too. This song has a lot of interesting instrumental sounds, too. I like how PJ's voice gets more intense while the music stays mostly the same towards about the middle, that seems to be the opposite of what usually happens but it works well here. Definitely interested in checking out more PJ Harvey stuff now, especially her ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Song of the Day Thing #94

Another casualty of Pandora's good old Tame Impala Radio, which I am finding myself increasingly attracted to. I can definitely see where the similarities to Tame Impala come in here. The music is very similar in a lot of ways, of course, and as a bonus, the vocals sound completely different, meaning it can kind of act as a breath of fresh air in the middle of all the other songs, which oftentimes have very similar vocals. I kind of wish this song were longer, actually. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Song a Day or whatever #25

Now here's the absolute epitome of a band that I used to listen to a lot but don't really do much any more

There was a time in my life (more specifically 8th grade) where I could call Cake my favorite band (admittedly I transitioned towards my hard-on for Radiohead towards the end of 8th grade). The monotone is justice, the lyrics are generally really good. They have a trumpet player because why the fuck not. Great band. One that I feel like I probably should ...
  5. Song of the Day Thing #93

I'm too tired to write anything but this is a good song.
    Categories
    Uncategorized