All Blog Entries

1. Song a Day or whatever #16

Oh hey, it's technically On a Friday in this time zone :3 and just for the lulz I'm going to keep up with my random songs with some classical instrumentation incorporated pattern because WHY THE FUCK NOT

Oh hey it's the James Bond theme that never was, or more accurately, the James Bond theme that should have been. To be honest, I kind of hope they didn't get a string session in JUST for this song, but I guess we'll see how that actually works when their ...

Updated 03-24-2016 at 11:22 PM by Lohuydahutt

Categories
    Song a Day or whatever
  2. Song of the Day Thing #84

The In Rainbows B-sides are so good. I'm not sure I'm willing to say any of them were more deserving to be on the album than any of the songs that did make it (although Go Slowly is one of my absolute favorite Radiohead songs) but they're all worth a listen. One reason I think some of them didn't make the album, though, is because they sound a bit like older Radiohead songs. This song here sounds a little bit like I Might Be Wrong to me, maybe it's just the epic ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Song a Day or whatever #15

Hey, wynaut have more songs that incorporate classical instrumentation for no reason? =D

I haven't listened to much from this band beyond this song, but hey, I like this song. Perhaps I'll try out the rest of this album at some point, perhaps. Wikipedia lists their genre as "symphonic metal", I was not even aware that was a thing, but hey, now I do.

Well, if you could figure out one thing right away, it's that this song is kind of sort ...

Updated 03-24-2016 at 08:20 PM by Lohuydahutt

Categories
    Song a Day or whatever
  4. Song of the Day Thing #83

So uh, I guess it's National Dog Day or something. Guess I'll just push this song of the day up a bit for the dog jokes and stuff. This song has a really interesting melody, I like the buildup from the minimal instruments at the beginning to the swinging instrumentation the song gradually develops. The lyrics to this song are quite interesting as well, although I have to admit I'm not entirely sure what they all mean. My best guess is that this song is about an ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Song a Day or whatever #14

Oh hey, it's been two weeks now. I suppose there's a super obvious pick but Sanic already picked it and there are PLENTY of Grizzly Bear songs I like more than that. So how about someone that has absolutely nothing to do with Grizzly Bear? I arbitrarily decided to listen to this album again today, feels like it has been a while.

I've been trying to avoid posting songs I picked for the what song are you listening to thread or whatever so the one I felt more ...

Updated 03-23-2016 at 07:53 PM by Lohuydahutt

Categories
    Song a Day or whatever