• June 8th: David Copperfield vs. Harry Houdini

ERB tries its hand at real life magicians for its next battle, with ERB regulars EpicLLOYD and Nice Peter as illusionists Harry Houdini and David Copperfield respectively.

Peter had shown interest a few times in the Criss Angel vs. Harry Houdini match-up, but stated that Houdini would "stomp Angel" if the battle were to happen. Somewhere along the line, he decided to use David Copperfield instead.

Here on the forum, some people wanted different opponents for the renowned Houdini, while others were glad to see Copperfield get into ERB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinx
    no Angel :c

He deserves at least a verse ;n; .......
    M-maybe he makes Copperfield disappear after his first verse? :c
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohuydahutt
    I've watched a small amount of Copperfield on youtube. I see some joke potential, but I can't really get as excited for him as I would be of Angel. He just has less of a distinct personality to him :/ oh well, they can probably make it interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaku2
    I don't get the hate for Copperfield. He's defiantly far more ERB worthy than Angel. Just look at his career and how successful he is. He is the most commercially successful magician in history.
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordionChick
    Oh ye, I can't wait! Sorry to everyone who was supporting Criss Angel as his opponent but look at it as he's at least the chances are pretty strong he's gonna be showing up somehow. They could pull a switcheroo & do that proposed 2 VS 1 thing even: 3 generations of magic. Also, I absolutely loved the idea of Penn & Teller coming after Houdini & Copperfield debunking their "Bullshit". That'd be glorious. Anyway, Houdini VS Copperfield has got me hyped!
    The now released battle is being appreciated on the forum for its use of cameos and impressive flow. Check it out for yourself here: