75 Super Mario Bros. 3 - 80/100

Season 4 ~ 37 Reviews
    76 I-Ninja (PS2)
    77 LEGO Batman (Wii)
    78 Cory In The House (DS)
    79 The Bouncer (PS2)
    80 Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
    81 Sonic and the Secret Rings (Wii)
    82 Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus (PS2)
    Random Rom Hacks #1
    Hello Kitty: Happy party Pals (APRIL FOOLS) (GBA)
    83 Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Genesis)
    84 Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase (PS1)
    Is Overexposure a bad thing? And why I hate modern Lets Playing
    85 Bubsy 3D (PS1)
    86 Batman Forever (SNES)
    87 Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal (PS2)
    88 Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (PS2)
    89 Toy Story (SNES)
    90 Jak III (PS2)
    91 Pepsiman (PS1)
    92 Moonwalker (Genisis)
    93 Shantae (GBC)
    94 Phineas and Ferb (DS)
    95 Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii (Mod)
    96 Crash 2 (PS1)
    97 Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island (PS2)
    98 Pusleman (Genesis)
    99 Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
    100 Ratchet and Clank (PS2)
    101 Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
    102 Ghostbusters (Genesis)
    103 Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES)
    104 Luigi's Mansion (Gamecube)
    105 Super Ghouls n' Ghosts (SNES)
    Top Ten Favorite Games Of All Time
    Top Ten Favorite Pokemon
    Top Ten Wanted Smash Characters
    106 First Impressions: Spiderman 2
    107 Super Mario World
    108 First Impressions: Dr. Muto
    109 Yoshi's Island
    110 First Impressions Ratchet Deadlocked
    111 Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS
    112 First Impressions: Sly 2
    113 Super Mario Sunshine
    114 First Impressions: Wizard 101

Season 5
    115 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (April Fools)
    116 Lumines
    117 Loony Tunes: Back in Action!
    118 Top Ten Features I Want in Pokemon Sun and Moon!
    119 Top Ten Worst Shiny Pokemon
    120 Was Pokemon Generation 6 too Easy?
    121 5 Things I love and 5 things I hate about Gen 7 so far
    122 Top Ten Best Shiny Pokemon

Season 6
    Last edited by Umbreon; 11-10-2016 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Hi, im Chris! I also go by Umbreon, Jira, Jirachi, and Mimikyu :3

Latest ERBOF - Gunnut vs Lawl
    Latest Album Review - Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade
    Latest Game Review - Pokemon Sun: Final Thoughts

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Umbreon's Avatar 2016 Gamer of the Year
    Blog Entries

Re: Umbreon's Game Review Thread

Developed By - Insomniac Games
    Published By - Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Date of Release - November, 4th, 2002

Story: The story to this game is basiclly this: In the distant future, a planet is slowly being destroyed due to pollution and overpopulation. To fix this, the leader of the planet, Chairman Drek, is planning to take pieces off of other planets and put them together to make the perfect planet. However, if this happens every other planet in the galaxy will be destroyed. On a spaceship that manufactures robots, a glitch happens and makes a smaller robot named Clank. Clank finds out what Drek is planning and escapes. He crash lands on a planet called Veldin and meets an alien named Ratchet. They team up to stop Drek. The story is basic but has a decent villain and a few decent twists in it. It isn't amazing but the decent twists make it good.
    7 / 10

Graphics: The graphics look quite good for this year. The planets look nice and each is unique looking. They character models are only ok though.
    7 / 10

Controls / Gameplay: This is a mix between a platformer and a shooter. It mixes both of these pretty damn well and is overall well done. There are 15 different weapons in the game but...they seem bland. They are really generic. You have the Pyrociter which is a flamethrower, the Bomb Glove which thrown grenades, ect. Later games in the series DO fix this but...here it isn't done well. And now for one major flaw with this game. The checkpoints are horrendous. The planets in this game are huge but there are only like 3 per planet. The main problem with this is, if you die, you will most likely go back to the beginning. You get back to the part you died on, beat that part barely with 1 HP left, then you die 2 seconds later and go back to the beginning again. Another small flaw is the low amounts of money (called bolts) in the game. You will need to replay planets a LOT of times to get the best weapons.The controls are the usual stuff with platformers, X to jump, Square and Circle to attack, Triangle to change weapons ect. They aren't bad at all and i like this set up. However, strafing can get weird at times.
    Gameplay: 6 / 10
    Controls - 8 / 10

Music - The music isn't catchy or amazing but it is unique. It mixes techno with natural instruments. It is a unique style if you showed me a song from this game i could easily tell you that it came from Ratchet & Clank.
    7 / 10

35/50

Overall: I love this game. It does have a few flaws and even some of them are major but...if you like platformers, go with this game. The other games in the series are much better but as a stand alone game...it's pretty good.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:32 AM.
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Uprising's Avatar Lifetime of Green
    Blog Entries

Review Goldeneye and Ape Escape 3?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uprising
    Review Goldeneye and Ape Escape 3?
    i shall
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

Developed By - SCE Japan Studio
    Date of Release - May, 5th, 2006

Story: The story is REALLY stupid but it is so stupid that it is hilarious. The main plot is that a monkey named Specter has gotten an item called the Pippip Helmet which gives apes human inteligence. His plan is....sigh...to hypnotize people while they are watching TV so they cant stop his plan to send a giant robot into space and chop the world in half and give one side to humans and the other side to monkeys so everyone can live in peace. To do this he gets the help of a sicentist with an afro named Dr. Tamokii and a group of vilains called the freaky Monkey 5. and so, you play as one of 2 10 year olds (Yumi or Kei) to stop him. this is REALLY silly and stupid but..i like it.
    6/10

Graphics: The graphic style is an anime-ish It looks pretty good. The character models look nice and so do the levels. prety wel done seeign as the 1st game in the series looked horrible.
    8 / 10

Controls/Gameplay: The gameplay is the same as in Ape Escape and Ape Escape 2. You play as a kid catching monkeys with nets and transporting them to a lab. you fight enemies with a lightsaber-type weapon called the Stun Club. There are many gadgets that are pretty unique and fun. You got a giant boxing glove, a skyflyer which lets you fly, an RC car that lets you reach places too small for you to fit through, ect. This is also the first game in the series to introduce morph forms. These are super forms that you can transform into to make levels easier. You got a cowboy, a knight, a Power Ranger-ish character, a ninja, a kung fu fighter, ect. These forms and gadgets keep the game from being too repetitive and make the game more fun. The controls are the same as the last game. X, Triangle, circle, and square to change weapons, left stick to move, right stick to use gadgets and weapons, the L1 and R1 buttons to jump, and the L2 and R2 buttons to fix the camera. These do take a while to get used to and it seems awkward and somewhat horrible at some points but when you get used to it it becomes a lot better.
    Gameplay - 8/10
    Controls - 7/10

Music: The levels in this game are based on different movie genres and they use the music perfectly. The Western level's music sound like western music, the horror movie level's music sound like creepy music, the superhero level's music sounds like superhero music, ect.. The music is well done and sounds pretty damn good.
    8/10

37/50

Overall:
    The Ape Escape series is a great series and this is probably my favorite game in the series. The main problems with the other games were fixed in this one. The movie references are pretty clever, the plot is really stupid but....what did you expect? This is a great game and if you love platformers or....just plain weirdness...this game is for you.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:35 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

Time to take a look at the Spyro series. And by series i mean the first 4.

Release Date - September 3, 1998

Story:
    The story is VERY bland and boring. The main plot is basically, a long time ago, a dragon is being interviewed. The dragon makes fun of someone named Gnasty Gnorc. Gnasty hears this and transforms every dragon in the world into a stone statue. Only one dragon remains, Spyro. You have to go across the 5 different realms to save the dragons. It is very basic and uninteresting. It isn't a horrible plot but it is just bland.
    4/10

Graphics:
    The graphics are pretty good for the time. The framerate is pretty good, the character models look decent, and the levels look ok. Nothing breathtaking but nothing but nothing horible
    7/10

Controls/Gameplay:
    The controls are basicallly the controls for every other PS1/PS2 platformer out there. x is to jump, Square and Circle are attacks, ect. The basic gameplay is the main problem. It is VERY basic. The main gameplay is going from level to level and rescuing every dragon you see while collecting gems and Dragon Eggs but...the levels are VERY empty. There isn't much to do in them. Also, a LOT of levels look identicle so it feels like you are plaing the same levels over and over again. That is my main problem with this game.
    Controls - 8/10
    Gameplay 4/10

Music
    The music is amazing. It is both creepy, upbeat and epic at the same time. The spyro series has some of my favorite songs in video gaming. Scorch is great, Dream Weavers is great, Treetops is ok. This game has great music. Gonna leave my favorite song from the game below:
    9/10
    [youtube:2bpbau15]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDeuPQzMntg[/youtube:2bpbau15]

32/50

Overall
    This is my least favorite Spyro game in the original trilogy. Later games fixed all these problems but...this game has a lot of problems. Empty Levels, repeptitive landscapes, boring bosses, and a weak story hold it back from being great.[/spoiler:2bpbau15]

Spyro 2: Rypto's Rage!

Release Date - October 31, 1999

Story:
    The story is slightly better here than in the first game. The game takes place a year after the 1st game. Spyro and his friend Sparx are in the Dragon Realms when it starts raining. To escape the rain, they run into a portal that leads to an island. meanwhile, in a different realm, an evil dictator is ruling over the realm. His only weakness is a Dragon so the citizens try to teleport one to their dimension. They teleport Spyro there and you basically have to save their world. More interesting than the first game's story.
    7/10

Graphics:
    The Graphics are basically the same as the first game so....i will give it the same score.
    7/10

Controls/Gameplay:
    The controls are the same as the first game but with a little change. Now, if you press triangle while gliding you float up a bit. This helps a LOT when you are trying to glide somewhere. The gameplay is basically the same but all the problems in the first game are fixed. There are missions to do in each level that give you orbs which allows you to unlock levels, a talisman for surviving the entire level, gems, and a ton of enemies. The levels are MUCH better. Each level seems entirely different from each other and are actually interesting and fun.
    Controls - 8/10
    Gameplay - 8/10

Music
    Just as great as the last game. so....same score again. Also, more music below.
    9/10
    [youtube:2bpbau15]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F9ZZwAqej0[/youtube:2bpbau15]

40/50

Overall
    A HUGE improvement over the last game. Absolutely amazing.[/spoiler:2bpbau15]

Spyro 3: Year of The Dragon

Release Date - October 25, 2000

Story:
    Basic Story but done well. Long ago, Dinosaurs and Dragons lived together in peace. One day, the Dinosaurs kicked the Dragons out of their world and ruled over their realm. However, the dinosaurs realize that they cannot survive without the Dragon's magic. So, the leaader of the Dinosaurs try to steal all the baby dragons and use them for their magic. It has a few twists but is overall a basic story taht is well done.
    8/10

Graphics:
    Better than the last games. The models seem better, the landscapes seem pretty good.
    8/10

Controls/Gameplay:
    Basically the same as the last games...for Spyro. This game introduces 4 other playable characters each with a different play style. Sheela the Kangaroo is a more platforming like character without much combat. It is done decently well. Jumping can be awkward at times but it is still pretty good. Sgt. Byrd, the Flying Penguin Spy, is more of a shooting character. You fly around and shoot shit. It is pretty decent and can be fun. Bently the Genius Yeti is a slow moving combat based character and...it isn't done that well. He moves too slow and his levels are uninteresting. And finally, Agent 09 a crazy monkey with a gun. His gameplay is a 3rd person shooter-ish type thing. His are well done but some missions he has are annoying. The basic gameplay is exploring levels and collectiong 6 Eggs and gems, while completing creative missions. Well done overall.
    Controls - 8/10
    Gameplay - 9/10

Music
    Amazing. Almost EVERY song is amazing. Fireworks Factory, Bamboo Terrace, Ghost Fleet, all of them. AMAZING. More music below.
    10/10
    [youtube:2bpbau15]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4i-cvK8s90[/youtube:2bpbau15]

43/50

Overall

A masterpiece. This is probably my favorite game of all time. I love every second of it and have beaten it more times than i can count.[/spoiler:2bpbau15]

Spyro 4: Enter the Dragonfly

Developed By - Check Six Games
    Published By - Universal Interactive
    Release Date - November 3, 2002

Story:
    We went from having a bland story, to having a decent story, to having a good story, back to having a bland one. Wut? The story is that Rypto is back and wants to rule the world by using the power of dragonflys. That's it. Nothing more. That is worse than the first game....meh.
    2/10

Graphics:
    They are SLIGHTLY better than in Spyro 3. This looks really good for a PS1 game...wait...this is a PS2 game? Oh...in that case it looks only ok. This doesn't look that good for a PS2 game but...it isn't horrible.
    5/10

Controls/Gameplay:
    The same as in previous games excpet for new breath powers that are SOOOOO bland and cliche they might as well not exist. You got fire breath, lightning breath, ice breath, ect. and they are mostly useless. I almost never use anythign but the Bubble Breath and the Fire Breath.The controls also feel stiff. Oh....and the 1st spyro game had 5 overworlds and 29 levels. Spyro 2 had 3 overworlds and 27 levels. Spyro 3 had 4 overworlds and 35 levels. This game? It has ONE overworld and EIGHT levels. That's it? MAJOR downgrade. The main gameplay gimmick is that they took out a lot of missions and you have to chase around these annoying ass dragonflys.
    Controls - 7/10
    Gameplay - 4/10

Music
    Not as good as previous games. The music sounds somewhat repetitive. A bit too repetitive if you ask me.
    6/10

25/50

Overall

This is a half assed game all the way. Rumors say that it was originally going to have 5 overworlds and over 40 levels but it was rushed so it would be released before 2003 and it shows. It is all around a bad game. All the spyro games after 3 suck so...stay away from anythign after 3.[/spoiler:2bpbau15]

The spyro series is one of my favorite gaming series ever and Spyro 3 is my favorite game fo all time. I would highly recommend them to anyone who likes platformers just....you may want to skip 1 and everything after 3.

And now....i am gonna go play some more Spyro 3.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:42 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Facilier

Conker's bad fur day :troll:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    Conker's bad fur day :troll:
    I will at some point. i dislike that game so...i shall review it at some point
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

KnotPoles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Review "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PolarBore
    Review "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas".
    Maybe. i never played the story i just run around and kill everyone lol. i'll look into it.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!