Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jirachibi's Game Review Thread

Umbreon's Avatar 2016 Gamer of the Year
    Blog Entries

Re: Umbreon's Game Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg
    GOOD REVIEW!!! Lets seeeeee, maybe do the Wii Resort Game?
    If i owned the game i would :/

What i really want to do is review each pokemon generation but i dont know how i am gonna do it.
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Hi, im Chris! I also go by Umbreon, Jira, Jirachi, and Mimikyu :3

Latest ERBOF - Gunnut vs Lawl
    Latest Album Review - Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade
    Latest Game Review - Pokemon Sun: Final Thoughts

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

Re: Umbreon's Game Review Thread

Published By – Nintendo
    Developed By – HAL Lab & Goodfeel Games
    Release Date – October, 17, 2010

Story:
    The story is bland but it has some interesting concepts. One day, Kirby is asleep under a tree. Then, an evil sorcerer named Yin-Yarn shows up and tries to kill Kirby. Kirby accidentally eats a magical Tomato called the Yarn-mato. This transports Kirby to another world where everything is made of yarn and other fabrics in order to save their world and Kirby’s world. Nothing too special but it does get told decently well and makes some interesting concepts.
    6/10

Graphics
    This game looks amazing. It is bright and colorful and looks VERY creative. Every level is made of yarn and other fabric so it looks pretty nice. It just looks great.
    8/10

Gameplay/Controls
    This isn’t your average Kirby game. He cannot float, he cannot eat, and he cannot absorb powers. Instead he is made of yarn so he can transform into different things (A train, a boat, a spaceship, ect.). This keeps the game interesting. The basic goal is the same goal as most platformers. Get from start to finish and collect 3 hidden objects in the levels. You cannot die at all but that doesn’t make it too easy. There are also bosses. These bosses are both creative and fun to fight and are overall done really well. The game can seem really easy at sometimes but if you are trying to 100% it it can be a LITTLE difficult. Not too interesting game play the entire way through but the game is still really fun and can be interesting at some points. The controls are your average 2D platformer on Wii stuff.
    Gameplay – 7/10
    Controls – 7/10

Music
    Amazing. Most of it is cheerful music so there is little variety but…….it is still fucking AMAZING. I love almost every soundtrack in this game. From Outer Rings to Tempest Tower every soundtrack is great.
    9/10

37/50

Overall:

It may be a tad too easy at points but…dat music….dat creativity…..dat graphics….they are all worth it. I love this game and don’t get why others don’t. It may actually be my favorite Kirby Game and one of my favorite Wii games.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:49 AM.
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

review not Tetris it free for pc

Blog Entries

Developed By - Konami
    Published By - Konami
    Release Date - December 1989

Story - There is BARELY a story and the story the DO have sucks. Dracula is back. That is it. No other story elements nor plot lines at all so....ugh.
    2/10

Graphics - They look average for the time. Not amazing but not horrendous. It looks decent and it has decent animations but...bleh.
    5/10

Gameplay/Controls - And...this is where it falls flat. The gameplay is bad. First off...this a boring fucking game. There is little level variety and enemy types so.....it gets very repetitive VERY fast. Second, you move SOOOOOOO slow. Almost every enemy in the entire game is faster than you are and that makes it hard to dodge everything. Third, the jumping is horrendous. In other games like Mario and Sonic, if you jump and then press left, you move left. in THIS game, nothing happens. You have to press left and the jump button at the same time. This gets very annoying and hard to get used to and makes it especially hard to dodge moving obstacle and do platforming. Fourth...the enemies have way to big of a hitbox. You get hit when they dont even come close to you. Fifth, the attack is delayed so it is difficult to time your attacks on enemies. Sixth, this is so different from Castlevania it shouldn't even be considered a Castlevania game. hearts heal you in this game......when they are money in the other castlevania games. The controls, as i stated, are horrendous.
    Gameplay - 3/10
    Controls - 3/10

Music - ONE SONG. ONE. NOT TWO. NOT THREE, ONE. And the worst part....it is a short ass song on an infinite loop. I CANNOT play this game with the sound on...it hurts me.
    1/10

14/50

Overall - I still hate Sonic 06 more but.....this is bad. The reason i like Sonic 06 less? AT LEAST this one was on a handheld and had an excuse on why it was poorly made. AT LEAST this game was not over hyped like hell. I still like it more than Sonic 06 but.....it is TECHNICALLY worse.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:52 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

Published By - Sony Computer Entertainment America
    Developed By - Insomniac Games
    Release Date - November 11, 2003

Story:
    Very well done. The story is basically that, right after the first game, Ratchet & Clank have gotten bored from not doing much after defeating Chairman Drek. They suddenly get teleported to a different galaxy and are asked to save a expirement called the "Protopet" from a mysterious thief. This story is very well done with a lot of surprise twists on who the real villain is. Better than the first game and it was already pretty damn good.
    9/10

Graphics:
    Better than the first game. and seeing as the first game looked pretty damn good. The planets look beautiful and the character models are a major upgrade from the first game. Each character has animation that is near perfection. It is pretty damn impressive.
    8/10

Gameplay/Controls:
    Controls are the same as in the first game so they get the same score. It gets one point more because the controls seem less stiff.As for the gameplay. it is the same as the first game with MAJOR improvements. First, it has an RPG element to it. As you defeat enemies your weapons level up and get an upgrade. upgrading your weapons is surprisingly addictive. You will get to the point where you never want to use an upgraded gun because you want to upgrade your other weapons to the max. You also upgrade as you kill enemies and gain more and more health every level up. In the first game you could skip a lot of enemies because you had no purpose of killing them. Here, you want to kill every enemy so you can level up. You can also buy armor which increases your defenses and are entirely optional so you can be a bad ass and go through the whole game with no armor if you want to. Also, you can buy upgrades for your weapons like lock-ons, toxic mods, and more. You unlock these by exploring each planet and finding hidden items. In the first game, these items didnt do much. in this game, you want to collect them so your weapons can be better and better. You get the ship parts in a similar manner by collecting an item called Raritanium in spaceship fights. These fights are pretty fun to do, especially with the ship upgrades. Second, the weapons are MUCH more interesting. Instead of just A pistol, a machine gun, a flamethrower, ect. we have a ninja star, remote control spiders, a large bomb that keeps releasing more bombs as it explodes, a gun that shoots a beam of lava, a gun that shoots meteors, homing missles, and much more. The wrench also got a major upgrade. it does more damage and you can move while throwing it. Third, the checkpoints are mroe common than in the first game but not so common the game becomes too easy. Third, this game is more challenging. but, again, not so challening you'll rage quit. Fourth, bolts are MUCH easier to get in this game. You can do Arena challenges (Where you kill enemies for bolts), Hovercart races (Where you race at high speeds against other racers for bolts), and more. Fifth, New Game Plus is one of, if not the, greatest New game Plus i have EVER seen. You get to play through the game again with a harder difficulty with all the weapons you had, with extra upgrades to all of your guns, with a bolt multiplyer, with a better armor option, AND a beta mode where you can go into a museum and view/test a ton of beat elements from the first game and this one. A MAJOR improvement in every way, shape, and form.
    Controls - 7/10
    Gameplay - 10/10

Music:
    Better than the first game. it is a lot more cathier than in the first game.
    8/10

42/50 (unintentional Hitchiker reference FTW!)

Overall:
    Amazing. One of the greatest games ever IMO. A must own if you like 3rd person shooter-ish games or 3D platformers.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:53 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

Developed By - Crystal Dynamics
    Published By - Midway Games
    Release Date - January 31, 1998

Story:
    Before i explain Gex 2's story i should explain the original's story. You are a Gecko named Gex who inherited a fortune when your parents died. You now never leave your house and always watch TV. One day, you ea a fly and get sucked into the TV because an evil entitiy named ReZz. You go through different channels of TV to get to ReZz and escape. You stop him and live your life normally. Years later, ReZz returns and the government hires you top stop him. Again, you must go through different channels to stop him. However, the N64 version has no story at all.
    6/10

Graphics:
    The graphics are decent for the time. The models look decent and the frame rate is tolerably ok.
    6/10

Gameplay/Controls:
    The controls are what hurts this game. The controls are stiff and can be kind of unresponsive at times. A lot of time you miss jumps due to unresponsive controls. it doesn't kill this game, mind you, but it does hurt it. The gameplay is your basic 3D platformer fare for the time. Enter a level from a homeworld, do 3 missions in each level, collect coins ect, The levels are movie themed and are creative. Samurai movie levels, Horror levels, cartoon levels, sci fi levels, and more. The gameplay is basic and is pretty good.
    Gameplay - 6/10
    Controls - 5/10

Music:
    Well done. The music in each level matched perfectly with the level themes. The cartoon level has cartoony music, the horro music has supensful music, ect.
    7/10

29/50

Overall:
    This is a pretty good game. The controls can be unresponsive and the one liners and joeks can get a bit annoying but if you like movies and platformers you'll love this game. but the 3rd game in the trilogy is even better. And i'll review that....at some point But first, the Gameboy Color version of this game.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:55 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

GonadTheNomad's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    I read Gex as sex.
    Spoiler: 

Act uqa wa it
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by “Adonis”
    Act
    uqa
    wa
    it
    Gonad has no nads pass it on!!!!11!

Blog Entries

Gex 2: Enter The Gecko (GBC Version)

Developed By - Crystal Dynamics
    Published By - Midway Games
    Release Date - December 15th, 1998

Story
    The same as the PS1 version so...same score
    6/10

Graphics
    Pretty decent for a GBC game. It's nice and colorful. Not amazing but not horrible.
    5/10

Gameplay/Controls:
    The same as the PS1 version except the levels are smaller (for obvious reasons). you move a bit slower but it isn't that bad. There are also less levels than in the Console version. Controls still a bit stiff.
    Gameplay - 4/10
    Controls - 5/10

Music:
    Bad. Pretty bad. Really bad. It is repetitive, doesn't sound good and isnt catchy at all
    3/10

23/50

Overall:
    A decent port of a decent game. If you like Gex, play it.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-11-2015 at 04:55 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    And no, i have no idea what i'm doing next and no, i dont know when i'm doing another ERB review
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Dr. Stein's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    When you get the time, could you do Yugioh: Duel Transfer. I've always wanted to play that game.

Image made by Sinon