Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Help Me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

...your my only hope.

Okay so due to people I love on here begging for the contests to come back I am bringing them back. I do hope they are popular enough to keep me interested as well as you guys. But I want some help, so here's what I ask you. Please answer these questions to help me gauge interest in my ideas okay. PLEASE!

Which types of contest would you like to see Monthly? (you can say you want to see all of them lol)

1. Short Story

2. Poetry

3. Flash Fiction

4. True Stories

5. Fanfiction

What type of BIG Contests Should I do Annually?

1. Novel Contest

2. Connected Series of Poems

3. Non-fiction Novel

How should I theme my contests

1. With A Given Picture You must Write About (Using your Imagination of course)

2. With a given Word You must Write About

3. By Writing Style (IE Haiku, Comedy)

4. Combination of the Above

What should I make the Prizes to keep People Interested?

And FYI first contest will start in like a week-ish so get your say now on this please.
    “Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”

Moonjik's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    I like short story and poem for monthly and series of connected poems for yearly (I don't think I could churn out a full novel in a year and make it good XD). I think any theme would be fine.
    But,░in░truth,░I░have░wept░too░much!░Dawns░are░hea rtbreaking.
    Ξvery░moon░is░atrocious░and░every░sun░bitter. (ュ だ  どいロリラ威萎虞う ャイ意営縁ぇヵ)

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz
    moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

Thanks for your input :D
    “Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”

rangernumberx's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    I would personally like the monthly challenge to be short, flash, or fanfiction. I would also like the annual contest, if you do decide to do it, to be the novel option (how long are you saying the story has to be to count as a novel?), and to be themed with a picture, word, or scenario. I don't mind much about how you theme the challenges, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    I once heard Ranger was a legend.
    Now I can confirm Ranger is a legend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rangernumberx View Post
    I would personally like the monthly challenge to be short, flash, or fanfiction. I would also like the annual contest, if you do decide to do it, to be the novel option (how long are you saying the story has to be to count as a novel?), and to be themed with a picture, word, or scenario. I don't mind much about how you theme the challenges, though.
    80,000 to 120,000 words for a novel.

moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

Teh Steam Punk my dear friend you are correct, but you do have a year to write it so its not UBER hard.

Facilier
    Fanfic all de way

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R<3PTAR View Post
    Teh Steam Punk my dear friend you are correct, but you do have a year to write it so its not UBER hard.
    Yeah, might there be a little leeway for the minimum words? *puppy-dog eyes*

rangernumberx's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Steam Punk View Post
    Yeah, might there be a little leeway for the minimum words? *puppy-dog eyes*
    People write 50,000 in a month for fun, 80,000 in twelve can't be that bad. Source:- https://nanowrimo.uservoice.com/know...-in-a-nutshell (or pretty much anything off NaNoWriMo)
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    I once heard Ranger was a legend.
    Now I can confirm Ranger is a legend.

Uprising's Avatar Lifetime of Green
    Blog Entries
    Honestly, I really want to do this, but I'm afraid that I'll use a good story idea that could potentially be my English class test. So I'm hesitant to do this. Trust me, if this was summer, I'd be all over the idea, but the risk I'd be taking is too much.