View Poll Results: Who Won?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Muhammad Ali

    20 46.51%
  • Michael Jordan

    18 41.86%
  • Tie

    5 11.63%
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 391 to 398 of 398

Thread: Michael Jordan vs. Muhammad Ali Discussion

  1. #391
    Top-Hattington's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Avalon
    Posts
    3,052
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ninja View Post
    I've never seen Space Jam in the fullest. I've seen parts of it and not enough to develop a full opinion on it. I think it was okay based what I saw but still don't get why people are so defensive for it.
    It's one of those movies that a lot of people were raised on. It became like a nostalgic fixture of a lot of people's childhoods and memories, so I'm thinking that's what warranted the backlash.

    Now the party's over

  2. #392
    Using a line like Space Jam sucks, just doesn't make sense when Space jam is an extremely successful and popular movie. While it was only one line it really left me scratching my head, more people love space jam than hate it overall it seems.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Jam#Reception

    I get they are supposed to be dissing each other but you diss someone with facts not complete falsities.

    The Johnny Depp line makes sense because as the Pirates series has gone on its gotten much worse hence (you ruined pirates faster than johnny depp did) but Space Jam was a critical commercial and awards success so saying it sucked takes away from the battle...to me.
    “Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”

  3. #393
    Kr4zeeAzioN's Avatar On Their Blue Period
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    IDK. Somewhere.
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by R<3PTAR View Post
    Using a line like Space Jam sucks, just doesn't make sense when Space jam is an extremely successful and popular movie. While it was only one line it really left me scratching my head, more people love space jam than hate it overall it seems.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Jam#Reception

    I get they are supposed to be dissing each other but you diss someone with facts not complete falsities.

    The Johnny Depp line makes sense because as the Pirates series has gone on its gotten much worse hence (you ruined pirates faster than johnny depp did) but Space Jam was a critical COMMERCIAL and awards success so saying it sucked takes away from the battle...to me.
    Extreme emphasis on "commercial"

    "Success" is dependent on what you're talking about. Sure it made money, and in that regard it was "successful", but as legit movie?...It was more like a fanfic. Plus the commercialism was WAY overdone.

    Feel free to click my link again for a review.
    Or not.
    Whatever.

  4. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by Kr4zeeAzioN View Post
    Extreme emphasis on "commercial"

    "Success" is dependent on what you're talking about. Sure it made money, and in that regard it was "successful", but as legit movie?...It was more like a fanfic. Plus the commercialism was WAY overdone.

    Feel free to click my link again for a review.
    Or not.
    Whatever.
    Did you even read the page I sent? It listed several critics including Roger Ebert (you know the FAMOUS one) who gave it highly favorable reviews...so again it was a HIGHLY successful movie, more people like it than don't critically and commercially and just because the Nostalgia Critic hates something doesn't mean shit.

    My favorite video game reviewer hates every critically acclaimed video game ever (ZeroPunctuation) he is famous and gets hundreds of likes doesn't make GTA5 any less successful just because he hates it.
    “Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”

  5. #395
    Kr4zeeAzioN's Avatar On Their Blue Period
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    IDK. Somewhere.
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by R<3PTAR View Post
    Did you even read the page I sent? It listed several critics including Roger Ebert (you know the FAMOUS one) who gave it highly favorable reviews...so again it was a HIGHLY successful movie, more people like it than don't critically and commercially and just because the Nostalgia Critic hates something doesn't mean shit.

    My favorite video game reviewer hates every critically acclaimed video game ever (ZeroPunctuation) he is famous and gets hundreds of likes doesn't make GTA5 any less successful just because he hates it.
    Course I did

    "Space Jam received mixed reviews from film critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes gives the film a score of 35% based on 49 reviews.[4]"

    A FEW people gave it high scores. But enough people scored it low enough that it got an OVERALL low score.

    No matter what you say, most critics DIDN'T like it. At the same time, yes, most of the GENERAL PUBLIC liked it. But the majority of people will love/hate something no matter what the critics say (and usually for non-logical reasons)

  6. #396
    LAWLzoR's Avatar 2016 Rapper of the Year
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Some college some where
    Posts
    7,207
    Blog Entries
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by R<3PTAR View Post
    Did you even read the page I sent? It listed several critics including Roger Ebert (you know the FAMOUS one) who gave it highly favorable reviews...so again it was a HIGHLY successful movie, more people like it than don't critically and commercially and just because the Nostalgia Critic hates something doesn't mean shit.

    My favorite video game reviewer hates every critically acclaimed video game ever (ZeroPunctuation) he is famous and gets hundreds of likes doesn't make GTA5 any less successful just because he hates it.
    So you say it's good because Robert Ebert liked the video (one of the reasons, not the only reason) but yet you say when N. Critic hates something, it doesn't mean anything? If I'm getting this wrong, please let me know. But speaking of the N. Critic, he makes plenty of points. It's a commercial sell out, the jokes are ridiculous, and the fact that the Looney Tunes would play basketball to try to keep Earth safe is completely out of their character. The acting is too much, and not to mention the childish jokes and sex-sell out known as Lola. I'm not going to say the movie was absolute 100% horrible, no movie is like that... *looks over at Last Airbender Movie* I hold my case.

    Ali has some basis behind his line is all I'm saying.
    Last edited by LAWLzoR; 12-09-2013 at 10:11 PM.
    Spoiler: 



  7. #397
    Lohuydahutt's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Who Cares?
    Posts
    9,693
    Blog Entries
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by LAWLzoR View Post
    I'm not going to say the movie was absolute 100% horrible, no movie is like that...
    -insert shitty movie nobody cares about that Nostalgia Critic reviewed here-

    Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 


    Spoiler: 

    I am PolarBore's official Assistant Mangager (again)

  8. #398
    Kr4zeeAzioN's Avatar On Their Blue Period
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    IDK. Somewhere.
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohuydahutt View Post
    -insert shitty movie Nobody Cares about that Nostalgia Critic reviewed here-
    Apparently not if people defend it haha

    Oh, and Thanks LAWLzoR, up there.
    Was just about to make that point.
    Last edited by Kr4zeeAzioN; 12-09-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Missed point. Didn't want excessive/double posts

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •