Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jirachibi's Album Reviews

Umbreon's Avatar 2016 Gamer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    Change of plans. So far my rest of the year schedule is gonna be 1 revirew a month. Like Halloween for my game reviews, you vote on October's Album revire

October http://strawpoll.me/2670505
    November - iUno!, iDos!, and iTre!
    December -I havent decided yet...nothing christmas related since i cant think of anything id enjoy to do
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Hi, im Chris! I also go by Umbreon, Jira, Jirachi, and Mimikyu :3

Latest ERBOF - Gunnut vs Lawl
    Latest Album Review - Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade
    Latest Game Review - Pokemon Sun: Final Thoughts

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    btw Voting ends October 25th
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    Time for #2Spooky4Me stuff! This isnt really Halloween themed but....its a goth album so...yeah...Raised By Bats!

TRACKLISTING
    Spoiler: 

1.) Raised By Bats!
    2.) OH MY GOTH!
    3.) The Night
    4.) Masquerade
    5.) The Devil and Mr. Jones
    6.) Sacrifice
    7.) The Conqueror Worm
    8.) Wake-Up
    9.) Never!
    10.) Captain's All

This is the newest album i have reviewed! Yay...anyways, Voltaire was the first musician i really enjoyed. I loved his music. Didnt care much for Bitrektual, but we'll get to that on a later date. For now, Raised By Bats! Now, i have been waiting for this album since early 2013. Was it worth the wait? Lets see. The album starts out with the title track, Raised By Bats! Its a nice song. It starts out with a ncie slow verse and then gets faster and turns more rock based after. Its got a nice pacing and its catchy. Its a bit repetitive, but it still is a pretty damn good song. The guitars are nicely done. The lyrics are well written and is a nice social commentary on people who hate goths. Its all around a nice song. Next is Oh My Goth! Its pretty good. Its so catchy and well done and well written, its perfection. The only flaw i can find is that its pretty damn short. It leaves you wanting more the second it ends. The backing vocals are well done and its cleverly written. It sounds like a TV show theme, and it a great song. The Night is next, its a re-recording of the song The night from his album Almost Human. Its a nice rock remix and i like this version better than the original, It just fits more as a rock type song with more emphasis on guitar and drums as opposed to acoustic and a focus on melody. Both are great, i just prefer the rock remix. Next is The Masquerade. Im in love with this song. Its got a nice flow to it and is catchy but also is well written and is overall a very nciely done song. This and Oh My Goth were the two i was most looking forward to when i first heard the demo of them a year or two ago. Its an amazing piece of art. Now...for the meh. The Devil and Mr. Jones is...okay. Its not that great, its just okay. The lyrics are decent but the song seems a bit too slow paced. I dont know, it just doesnt fit the album well. Next up is Sacrifice, a song about a girl commiting suicide. It may be me being bias as im suicidal and connect with the song, but i like it a lot. It seems like a lot of heart was put into it and is really well written. Again, may just be me being bias. The Conqueror Worm is next. Its a Poe Poem put to lyrics. So...needless to say its amazingly written. The guitars work well and the accoustic feel does fit here, it makes it sound old timey and it makes a great feel for a poe story. It does fit well, unlike The Devil and Mr. Jones, because the song before it has the same style. With The Devil and Mr. Jones, The Masquerade was before it and doesnt match that well, but Sacrifice before this does work. Next is Wake-Up, its okay, I dont know why but this song is just...forgetable to me. Its the song i listen to least on the album and i dont know why. Its okay, i guess. Next is never! Its good :3 Kidna repetitive but...it works. Its not too repetitive that its distracting or anything and it does have a nice feel. And Wake-Up being before it is a nice touch. Last is Captains All, which is weird seeing as he did a Pirate album before this...but whatever...its amazing. Its got great lyrics and a nice pirate vibe to it that makes it just a well contructed piece.

Amazing, Good, Okay, Bad, Horrible
    Spoiler: 

1.) Raised By Bats! - Good
    2.) OH MY GOTH! - Good
    3.) The Night - Amazing
    4.) Masquerade - Amazing
    5.) The Devil and Mr. Jones - Okay
    6.) Sacrifice - Good
    7.) The Conqueror Worm - Amazing
    8.) Wake-Up - Good
    9.) Never! - Good
    10.) Captain's All - Amazing

The album was worth the wait for me! Its got a bunch of really great songs and the good outweigh the bad, i hated his last album, Bitrektual, but am in love with this one. As a Halloween party soundtrack or whatever? nah. It doesnt really have a Halloween feel. It'd be better if you put Creature Feature on to celebrate Halloween instead. Anyways, this is a great album.
    7/10
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    Voting canceled
    Last edited by Umbreon; 05-17-2015 at 02:09 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries

So this is a thing! oday we're taslking about the band Falling In Reverse and the album Fashionably Late...which is bad...btu first ill talk about what i think of the band as a whole: I like them decently enough. Im not into screamy breakdowns so i prefer their songs without it, but their songs that i do like i really like. The lead singer is a fucking dick, but i will not let that get in the way and id have the same opinion if he was the nicest guy in the world so...lets begin!

My main issue with the album is that it doesnt know what it is. One second its rock, then OUT OF NOWHERE it turns dubstep and then OUT OF NOWHERE it turns screamo and thern OUT OF NOWHERE it turns rap, its inconsistant and jarring. Take the first song, Champion. At the end of that song thats screamo with heavy guitars, the singer stops the song and turns it into a rap for 30 seconds for no reason and then it goes back to screamo. WHY? It doesnt really fit, it just comes out of nowhere. Then you get bad girls club, which is nice. It knows what it wants to be, a rock song with some elctric/techno type elements to it and it does it well. Then we have Rolling Stone and gues what? its a screamo song that has a rap verse FOR NO REASON OUT OF NOWHERE. The lyrics themselves are fine i guess but its just jarring and confused on what it wants to be. Then you have Fashionably Late, which is catchy but it makes the narrator/singer seem like a dick since its about a guy fucking all of his girlfriend's friends but...i guess thats the point? That its a catchy type song about a cruel thing? Im not sure but i cant get passed the lyrics about cheating almost in an encouraging way, so its good but i dont like listening to it much. Maybe its because my ex cheated on me and it destroyed my heart so cheating is a touchy subject to me, who knows? Then you have Alone, which has so much hate comments and is so hated that the channel had to block commenting on the music video. AND...Its bad, fucking terrible but...no, there is no buts its just bad...First off, yes it is fucking annoying that its a rap song with rock type choruses and breakdowns every 5 fucking seconds, seconmd, yes the lyrics are shit. 90% of these lyrics are fucking terrible. Third, its...confused. The lyrics are supposed to be a "I hate you" type song in response to his haters but...the chorus is about not wanting to be alone and it just doesnt fit, ya know? Third, the rapping fucking sucks, i hate rap so i cant judge probably but i just dont like this at all. Fourth, Guess what? This is a rap song about someone bragging for having more money than other people. Refreshing huh?! Havent heard THAt before! So, yeah this song fucking sucks, the guitar parts are decent enough and the chorus, while confused, is fine enough and...i kinda like how the end part plays the rap portion, breakdown portion, and rock portion at the same time....but its a shit song. Next is Born to Lead and...its okay. nothing great but at least it doesnt throw rap and dubstep into it out of nowhere. Next is Its Over When its Over and...its fine, i like it decently enough but its not the best thing ever, not even the best thing on the album, its just okay. Next is Game over which is good, i really like this song and its probably the best song on the album. Next is Self-Destruct Personality and..Its probably because i dont like screamo and most of this song is screamo but i dont like it much at all. I dont wanna say its bad, just not my thing. Next is Fuck The Rest, which is a perfectly okay song, its catchy and has nice lyrics here and there, its fine and, again, knows what it wants to be. Next is Keep Holding On and...its fine on its own but...it is WAY out of place, its a slower piano and guitar piece, which is fine, but on an album of rap and dubstep and screamo, its weird to have a slower stong. its still a heavy song, it has heavy guitars in parts but its just out of place to me, when i was listening to this and heard a screamo song and then heard piano out of nowhere i felt like it was out of place. last up is Drifter and...Country song....uh....is this REALLY what you're ending the album on? Another album thats way too fucking out of place? *sigh* Its okay, I guess but...really? A country song on an album full of screamo and rap? Ugh...

Overall? The album is a mess. Does it want to be a screamo album? A dubstep album? A rap album? It doesnt even know...Every song just throws in rap or dubstep out of nowhere and if it was more focused it could work, plenty of Rap Rock songs work, just look at Linkin park but...this doesnt work. Its too disjointed, too confused, and overall a mess, Id skip it and listen to their other work instead. The album got mostly negative reviews and, though all of Falling In Reverse's albums get negative reviews critically, this is the one that deserves it the most. Is it the worst album ever? *Looks at Nicki Minaj, Justin Beiber and Kerrang! Does American idiot*....Im gonna say no...but I do hate this album. The Drug In Me Is You? A decent album. Just Like You? Meh, its half decent but this? Shit.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    Alright ya fuckers, i kindaaa wanna bring this back and make it better at least to review 3 albums. There's a trend going around of magazines like Rock Sound and Kerrang doing cover albums of fucking awful bands covering all the songs on them. There are THREE of these fucking things at the moment:

1.) Kerrang does American Idiot!
    2.) Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade!
    3.) Kerrang does Green Day Superhits!

Idk if i should take a crack at reviewing them or not. I already reviewed Kerrang does American Idiot but...that was at the time of the release where i was so offended and angry by it, this time id go in with a more open mind. So...

http://www.strawpoll.me/11837945

Voting ends on the 10th, ill spend the 10th listening to whatever im doing first, and then start writing or not idk.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-09-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Lohuydahutt's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    American Idiot's the only album among those I've actually listened to all the way through so that's prob the one I'd be most interested in seeing you do (again) =P

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

I am PolarBore's official Assistant Mangager (again)

KnotPoles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I wanna see greenday superhits
    but yeah I voted

Blog Entries
    Alright so...A few years back Kerrang released an album of covers, with bands covering American Idiot. A nice idea, and a cool gesture but...it finally came out and the fanbase went fucking crazy. This might be the most hated thing in Green Day's history, and I reviewed it. Now, when i tell people my thoughts they say im being too harsh and judging these bands and that change is needed in covers so i shouldnt complain, which is fair. So today? Im re-reviewing this and seeing if it deserves the hatred that it gets. So without further ado...

1.) American Idiot - Covered by 5 Seconds of Summer
    The first cover on the album, lets get right into it. The song starts off kinda clever with radio stations being changed until it lands on the channel the song is being played on. Its a nice touch and adds to the feeling of the original song's meaning with the static effects. The guitars are pretty good. Not perfect, but still fine enough. No real complaint. The vocals are pretty nice as well, not too whiny sounding and not too gravely, a nice enough voice for the pop punk genre. Im not a fan of the filters over this guy's voice and i feel his voice doesnt have the passion needed for this song, but its far from terrible. I know some people HATE they censored this:

"Well maybe im the ******, america
    Im not a part of a redneck agenda
    Now everybody do the propoganda
    And sing along to the age of paranoia"

And I kind of agree. I know why they did it, they were uncomfortable using the word in their cover but its such an important part of the song. Its SUPPOSED to make people feel uncomfortable since the song deals with thats wrong with the era/society. I dont feel they should have censored it, btu i can understand why they made that decision. I like the effect where it seems like a lot of people sing the last verse, too. If you dont mind the censor and you dont mind some autotuneish filters, then id say this is good and worth a listen. I still prefer the original, but this is far from terrible.

2.) Jesus of Suburbia - Covered by Rise to Remain
    Part 1: Jesus of Suburbia
    Im not a huge fan of the guitars in this, but iv'e heard far worse. The vocals are also a bit iffy. The original had anger where it was needed and sadness when it was needed as well as a joyful tone when needed, this guy just sounds the same the whole time and sounds...for lack of a better word...bored. I feel if they put a BIT more passion into the vocals, this would work a lot better. He isnt..the worst singer ever, but doesnt have as much passion as Billie did or the Broadway show did.

Part 2: City of the Dammed
    The same issues as before, mostly. This is supposed to be a semi sadder tone than the first half but he doesnt protray it that way, he protrays it the same as before for the most part. The HEY chants in the background are fine, they have more passion and anger into them like in the original. The piano isnt as well done or well mixed in with the song as the original, and the drumming doesnt seem as well crafted, but i can let those pass a bit, I suppose.

Part 3: I Dont Care
    This is a bit more well done. It keeps the tone of the original mostly, and the screamo elements work well here since it protrays the anger and pain the character is going through on a deep and emotional level and shows that he is frustrated with the world. The filter over the verse is pretty bad, the original sounds like it came from a radio while this just seems to have a slightly lower filter. The melody seems fine at the end.

Part 4: Dearly Beloved
    This singer doesnt nail this part that well at all, probably the worst section. He doesnt have the misery in his voice to make this work. He's supposed to sound hurt, since the character realized he has nothing left to live for. His girlfriend left him, he's poor, he's doing horribly in school, has no friends, and he's realizing that all at once. He's supposed to feel emotionally destroyed and empty.

Part 5: Tales from another Broken Home
    This is a bit better, it has some of the anger and the guitars are very well done here, its not super hard sounding but it hits a balance of soft and hard. The melody is done well here. I like the fast drumming at the end as well. The screamo at the end is pointless and unneeded.

Overall its not great, but this is an ambitious as fuck song to cover, and for how bad it could have been id say this is...okay.

3.) Holiday - covered by The Blackout
    The opening guitar is so wrong, i cant describe there's just something off about it. The melody is also a bit off, and the vocals are a bit nasaly. Not Good Charlotte nasaly or Simple Plan nasaly, but still pretty bad and it gives the song a whiny feel to it the original did not have. This singer also doesnt put a ton of passion into it. This is a song about murder, war, terrorism, and hatred for your government, you can put a bit more effort into it. It doesnt keep the catchiness or nice melody of the original. The guitars are a bit too muted as well. And yeah, lets get this out of the way: That screamo section is fucking painful. It takes away the meaning from the original verse and adds NOTHING. It doesnt fit since its not an angry feeling section, it seems to be there just to be there.

Overall the original blasts this out of the water, go with that instead.

4.) Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Covered by Neck Deep
    Its...bad. I have NOTHING against Neck Deep, i know they have fans but...no. The guitars are out of sync with the vocals, they're too heavy for this sort of song, the singer does not fit this style of slow paced song about depression and lonliness and feeling empty, the singer does not sound good at all. Im sure this band has talent, but it doesnt show here. It changes the song from this sad and slow song to this fast and angry one and it just doesnt work at all. I cant think of much good to say about this one, the first song on this that i just CANNOT get behind.

Overall, SKIP IT.

5.) Are We The Waiting? - covered by You Me At Six
    This is a song you cant fuck up, its simple musically and its just not easy to screw up. The guitar sounds very dirty and not well mixed, the drums are okay I suppose. The vocals are okay, nothing amazing or groundbreaking but this guy gets that this is a sad song and plays it the way its supposed to be played and sung the way its supposed to be sung. Nothing about this is really new or groundbreaking, but its not bad!

Overall its okay! Not that amazing and the guitars can sound a bit low quality, but its fine.

6.) Saint Jimmy - covered by Bowling For Soup
    This is an example of a cover that doesnt change much from the original. Which is both a good and bad thing. There's nothing offensively awful about it. The vocals are good, the guitars are perfectly fine, the drums are good, its a good cover. But if you want something new or different, you wont find it here at all. But its good.

Overall, I wouldnt mind listening to this. If you made me listen to one song on this album, this would be my choice probably.

7.) Give Me Novocane - covered by Escape The Fate
    Its passable again. The acoustics are well done, the drums are good (But tbf its hard to fuck up drums on this song). The vocals are where im kinda iffy. They arent the worst thing ever but they arent that amazing. He's okay, a 5/10. 2.5/5, 50/100, whatever you wanna say. He's passable at best. Honestly i was scared there'd be screamo on this song because i heard the band had some screamo to them, and i was happily surprised they didnt force screamo in here where it doesnt belong. I do have some respect for them for that.

Overall, this is a semi worse version of the original but outside of vocals, nothings THAT bad.

8.) She's A Rebel - covered by Falling In Reverse
    Outside of the obvious problem of the vocals being pretty shit, this isnt that bad. The guitars are fine and the drums are fast paced and energetic and the filter works here. I like the joke they put halfway through where they make fun of bands putting screamo breakdowns in songs where they dont belong, but....just because you point out an issue doesnt mean you're free from it or get a free pass, the screamo here is unneeded but..thats...kind of the joke...idk how to feel about it.

Overall if you dont mind Ronnie's vocals, this is fine.

9.) Extraordinary Girl - covered by Frank Iero
    When I reviewed this originally, i called this the worst song I have ever heard in my entire fucking life. That is STILL true. There's being different, and there's...this...this is garbage. The vocals are awful, the instrumentation is fucking garbage, the whole thing is a mess. This is the worst song I have ever heard in my entire life, there is NOTHING good about this piece of shit. From the pointless scream in the beginning, to the awful filter in the middle, to the whiny ending, this is pure 100% shit. Its so slow and ear gradingly awful and the random electronica-esque drums in between verses are so out of place and terrible. Because of the slower pace the lines seem more forced since he has to drag out words to make them work. Its a terrible version of the original. I hate this i hate this i hate this.

Overall, STAY AWAY.

10.) Letterbomb - covered by Lostalone
    The opening is a bit off, but when the guitars kick in, its fine sounding instrument wise. The vocal style doesnt fit this song, though. Im not saying the vocalist is bad, he's not. Iv'e heard far worse, im just saying his vocal style seems to be more calm and slow, and doesnt fit this faster paced angry sounding song. I feel this band should have gotten Boulevard and Neckdeep should have gotten this, they seem to fit the other song better than the one they chose. Neckdeep's vocalist is more angry which fits Letterbomb, and this guy seems more fit for a slow song.

Overall, the vocals kinda kill it from being good for me. But if you like the band, you'll like this song fine

11.) Wake Me Up When September Ends - covered by The Defiled
    POP QUIZ! Lets say you're a band doing a cover of a famous song thats about your father dying and is famous for the slow pace and the soul destroying sound of the vocalist. What do you do?

a.) Dont add a screamo section
    b.) Dont add a fucking screamo section
    c.) DONT. FUCKING. ADD. A. SCREAMO. SECTION.
    d.) Include a screamo section

If you chose a,b, or c CONRGATS! You are smarter and a better musician than The Defiled Pat yourself on the back and pat this song...repeatedly...with a knife...and kill it. It tricks you! At first, its fine. The vocals are terrible, but its slow paced like the original, the instrumentation is okay, and then BOOM! The song becomes screamo! Screamo isnt my thing, but i wont hate something just because it has screamo. I hate this because of the fact they put screamo in the middle of a beautiful song with so much heart and soul into it. So much passion in a beautiful piece of art and you make it edgy and fucking angry. Screamo can work, ive seen it work. Hell, it worked EARLIER ON THIS ALBUM. JOS' cover had screamo in it, but that worked since its an angry section of the song and shows the frustrations the character is going through well. Here? It doesnt fucking work. Its jarring, it clashes with the original, it clashes with the rest of the cover, it. DOESNT. WORK.

Overall, fuck this fucking song and this fucking band

12.) Homecoming - covered by Lonely The Brave

Part 1: The Death of Saint Jimmy
    The vocals are a bit grading, but I like the guitar section and they keep the melody seems to be pretty good for the most part. Im okay with this opening, it doesnt have the gut wrenching emotion, but works well enough. If he didnt sound as bored, id like this a lot more. And the guitars seem a bit drowned out.

Part 2: East Twelfth Street
    Same issues as before, the vocals are kinda bad and dont fit but overall its not that terrible. They got the melody right this time for the most part and it keeps some of the catchiness the original section had.

Part 3: Nobody Likes You
    The somebody get me out of here part is fine, it keeps the original's feeling and tone. The rest has the issue of the vocalist sounding bored, y'know? He doesnt seem into it like the character is supposed to be. The reprise of nobody likes you also doesnt work as well. The melody is a tad off, and because its not sung by another singer like in the original, it doesnt leave AS much of an impact. The echo effect on where'd you go also isnt there like in the original, which takes a bit of the impact of that away as well.

Part 4: Rock n' Roll Girlfriends
    This part is supposed to be breathing room, and it doesnt work as well here. Its not terrible, but it doesnt have the silly and goofy feel of the original section so it doesnt work as breathing room nearly as well.

Part 5: We're Coming Home Again
    The trimphant and finality of the original is lost here, but they're trying. The guitars are decent, and the vocals are tolerable but it just doesnt have the right tone or feel. He needed to put a bit more happiness into this. The ending chant is fine, but not that amazing.

Overall, same as JOS. An ambitious song to cover and these guys tried their best, but it doesnt work super well.

13.) Whatsername - New Politics
    The acoustics in the opening are VERY well done. They're fast paced while also keeping the feeling of the original. The vocals are top notch too, it fits the style of the song. The drum beat in the background also helps the song a lot. Its VERY good. The vocals seem a LITTLE too happy for this, but its still really damn good. The guitars sound great but I can totally understand people disliking them for being repetitive or simple, and the style is a LOT more poppy than the original, so if that turns you off from it i totally get it. Its not perfect, but I still really enjoy it. The memorable:

"Remember, whatever
    Seems like forever ago..."

Section is well too. I enjoy it.

Overall its the original with more poppish sound and vocal style. Its good!

14.)Welcome to Paradise - Covered by State Champs
    The guitars are pretty good, the drums could be better, and oh my fucking god those damn vocals. They're so..whiny and nasaly..it doesnt work here. I know they tried their absolute best and it does show, but its still not that great. Both versions of Welcome to Paradise by the original band are better (I prefer the dirtyness of the Kerplunk version over the polished re-recording, personally! :3) Also they fucked up the bridge which is the most memroable part of the song. HOW?

Overall its passable at best.

Basket Case - Covered by The Swellers
    "Do you have the time
    To listen to me whine?"

Sums up this cover. I CANNOT get passed those fucking vocals. They're terrible. Its so whiny and nasaly, and no the song is NOT originally whiny. At least not to THIS level.

Overall, its bad. But ive heard worse.
    Last edited by Umbreon; 12-10-2016 at 03:01 AM.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    Okay, lets do this. Im strapped in and ready to hate the fucking world for 49 minutes. I was so scared of this. But..if i looked back on AI's cover album and didnt hate it as much...maybe...I wont hate this as much. I can hope that we wont be tortured as much. First, ill give my thoughts on the original.

Its beautiful. I am kind of a nitpicker when it comes to music, but I cannot find a single issue with this damn album. From its sadness to its anger to its joyfullness. Its metaphors to its great wording, its perfect. I love every second, its easily in my top 5 favorite albums of all time.

1.) The End - ONE OK ROCK
    Ok, I know these guys are not American, they're Japanese. So i might be being too harsh here but....those vocals are awful. This guy CANNOT sing to save his life. Other than that, I like it. The guitars are nice. The medical equipment type sound effects in the back are effective for the theme of the song, which is dying slowly of cancer. It creates a nice feel and mood. If the vocals were a tad better done, id really like this. The only problem is the vocals kinda ruin this song. If you took the vocals out and changed for a bit better vocals, this'd be great. I guess you could say...this is ONE OK ROCK cover. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

2.) Dead! - Escape The Fate
    This makes me wish I was DEAD! haha...
    In all seriousness, this isnt that bad. The instrumentation seems fine, everything seems on beat, the vocals The vocals are a bit better than they were on their cover of Give Me Novocaine, i think this style just fits those vocals a lot better than Give Me Novocaine. The sing a long part at the end is good too. They did what they were supposed to do. Not the best, buts its passable!

3.) This Is How I Disappear - Creeper
    The soundmixing is awful. The vocals are WAY too low for the loud instrumentation. This guy seems like an okay vocalist too, outside of when he has to get a bit louder at times and a few other moments of awfulness. I dont get how they could fuck up the soundmixing, like SOMEONE had to have noticed that you can barely understand this guy? Its an easy fix, just turn up the vocals or turn down the instrumental. Either one would have fixed it. The piano towards the end isnt the best, but its not super terrible. I also really like the guitar in this. The slow part is WRONG. Of all the fucking times where screamo was needed, THIS IS ONE OF THEM. That one section:

"Do you wanna see
    Just how far down I can sink?
    Let me go...fuck!"

Is supposed to be loud and angry, doing it lower and slower with a sadder tone doesnt work. If he put a bit more emotion into it, then I would understand it but he sounds so bored there.

4.) The Sharpest Lives - State Champs
    The guitar in the beginning is well done and close to the original, the whisper effect in the background of the first verse is very well executed as well. The vocals are a bit nasaly on the higher notes and such but they're not THAT bad. The drums are simple but well done as well. Its not that bad. Iv'e heard much worse in my day. Its only flaw is its...just the original. The singer even sounds like he's trying to sound like Gerard. It doesnt change a lot, but it doesnt change so much so that its unrecognizable. I wish they changed a BIT more so it has a reason to exist, but its well done. The only thing we get thats semi new is a buzzing effect during the guitar solo near the end, pretty much.

5.) Welcome To The Black Parade - Crown The Empire
    The beginning isnt as well executed as the original, it seems a bit echoey and tinnier. Which...now that I think of it, applies to this entire thing. At least, the beginning. The repeat of the opening isnt well done, either. It doesnt sound like he's yelling it, emotionally destroyed, he sounds...the same as the first time. Maybe a BIT more yell-y (If thats even a word). In the original, them reusing the opening twice is fine. It shows the character's starting to get more upset. Here, its not different so it feels like padding. When the intro ends, we get to the okay stuff. The vocals are decent, the drums and guitar sound okay. I believe this has two vocalists? I know the band does. If so, these two fuckers sound nearly identicle to each other so whats the point, y'know? Outside of the opening being a tad off, this is passable. Nothing too offensively bad or anything in the thing. (Outside of the screamo "I dont care" chant, but..its like 3 seconds and it kinda works)

6.) I Dont Love You - Mooseblood
    Really? You named your fucking band Mooseblood? Anyway...onto the cover. The instrumentation sounds nearly identicle to the original. The vocals arent that great. Again, I know iv'e said this a lot but...the original had a "Im nearly crying from all the pain im going through" feel to it. It didnt come off as whiny, more like emotionally hurt to the point where you could cry at any second. Gerard's great vocals on the track captured it perfectly. This guy does not. Sometimes it sounds like he's trying, but he just doesnt capture the hurt tone. Not his fault, its very hard to protray that style and NOT come off as whiny or anything. Its not the worst thing ever, but it does lack a lot of the emotion of the originals. At least they were smart enough to NOT include screamo for no reason :P

7.) The House of Wolves - Pallisades
    House of Wolves is my second favorite song on the Black Parade, so i have high standards, im sorry. Lets see if these...Pallisades fellows...can do a song I love justice. *One listen later* OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD. NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. *breaks everything* Okay...first off, that ear gradingly fucking awful opening. Its out of place and well...ear grading. Its awful. The weird instrumental is fucking awful and basic as hell. I know nothing about this kinda music and even I KNOW that that is way too fucking basic to be passable. The screamo vocals ruin the fun tone of it all, the vocals in general are awful. Its so fucking slow, too. I dont mind slower songs, but not THIS. This is supposed to be a sing a long esque bouncy and fun sounding song about an anti religion style. I understand wanting it to be different, but this just doesnt work at all. Its not Extraordinary Girl levels of awful, but its close. ITS SO FUCKING CLOSE.

8.) Cancer - twenty one pilots
    Something a little different...here's my thoughts on the original:

Its beautiful. I dont throw around perfect a lot, but this song is perfect. Its a very simple song, only a piano as an instrumental mostly, but its beautiful piano work. The lyrics are perfectly done and worded, every line leaves an impact, the vocals are amazing and top notch, its a beautiful song that is perfect in every way to me. I cant think of a SINGLE thing I dislike about it.

Now for this cover...FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

They took a beautiful piece of art and ruined it. The vocals sound bored and have no emotion or passion at ALL. The instrumentation is way to poppish and the beautiful piano work is gone, hell this song even works amazingly on acoustics too. The forced as fuck chorus just so the song isnt 2 minutes and its 3:36, which is the most popular song length, the overly poppy feel and instrumentation to it, the horrible delivery, its just 100% fucking awful. Garbage. Complete garbage. When this was announced, this was one i was excited for. I dont like ToP much and I was hoping this would get me into this band. Hell, the AI one got me into Falling in Reverse, i was hoping this song would make me like ToP. But if this song is anything to go by? Im gonna stay faaaaaaar away if all their songs are like this garbage. I hate it so much. Frank ruining Extraordinary Girl was offensively bad but...Extraordinary Girl wasnt fucking Cancer. The original is super important to me and I love it so much and these fuckers slapped the original in the fucking face. If you like overly pop garbage with bad filters and forced choruses..i guess this is up your alley.

Gah, two insults to songs I love in a row...things CANT get any fucking worse, right?

9.) Mama - Ghost Town
    So far so good. The gun sound effects that show the war is good, the radio esque filter over the vocals is nice, this may be go-

OH MY GOD. The shitty beat in the back is so terrible. Its way too busy sounding with way too many instrumentation to it, the vocals are VERY fucking..how do i describe it..uh..raspy and moany. Like this guy cannot fucking sing at all. Because of the awful beat in the background the melody is harder to follow and sounds out of place, the screamo adds nothing and is out of place and just jarring because it comes out of nowhere without proper buildup. The singer puts...SOME emotion into it, but not much. But thats still better than a lot of singers on this damn thing and on the AI one. It loses the feeling and tone of the original, it just sounds so forced and awkward. What sucks is the ending part is pretty good. It sounds catchy and epic like its supposed to be, if only the rest could be like the last minute or so. Not offensively bad, but still pretty awful.

10.) Sleep - New Years Day
    The chilling opening is pretty good. It doesnt have the feel of the original but its still well executed. She put emotion into it and it does sound like she is sincere with it all. Well done. The guitars are pretty nice, her vocals are also pretty nice. She hits the right notes and keeps the melody of the original while adding something new with the harder guitars and different vocal style. Its well done. Probably the best on the album, at least so far. Also, for once the screams fit at the end and are well on ya! I'll have to look up this band after this

11.) Teenagers - Against The Current
    Oh im sorry, I thought i was listening to Teenagers, my bad. Huh? This is the right song? N..No its not. Did you hear those drums? This is way to slow to be fucking teenagers! Fiiiine, ill try it.

Okay well...the lack of guitar makes the song feel super empty and lacking, the weird techno type beat in the background doesnt really fit in at all, it loses its sing a long vibe that its supposed to have. The vocals are VERY good, though. But they dont fit the song. Her voice seems very beautiful to me but idk, somehting about it makes it seem out of place on this particular song. I like what they were going for, but i feel a bit more guitar would help the sing a long vibe. There's a guitar solo in the middle that works very well and I feel if the rest of the song had that, it'd work a lot better to me. They tried to make it their own, and it works. I like the chorus at the end having a very stadium esque vibe to it all. Look up the band, but not necesarilly this song.

12.) Disenchanted - Chunk, No Captain Chunk!
    Huh? isnt..Chunk a pop punk band? If they got teenagers or somehting, sure but...Disenchanted? You know, the slow acoustic 4-5 minute song that sets a nice atmosphere before blasting you with a harder chorus? Im not sure if they can do the acoustics well but...eh, ill give em a shot. OMFG THOSE VOCALS. Okay, ive heard a few songs by these guys and he has NEVER sounded this fukcing bad. When the harder stuff comes into the song, his vocals get better. I feel thats because the guitars kinda...block out his vocal's bad pieces if that makes sense. The guitars are a TAD too loud but thats prob to drown out his vocals a bit. But..he gets the harder stuff done well, the softer stuff? NOPE. I feel if THIS band got Teenagers and Against the Current got this, it'd have worked better for both.

13.) Famous Last Words - Asking Alexandria
    Okay, THIS is my favorite MCR song. And..i gotta say, when I saw that fucking name on this song i was terrified. Iv'e heard...lets say mixed...things about this band so i was scared. But..benefit of the doubt and all that, lets see what they got.

The guitars are nice in the intro, though that isnt hard to do. The vocals seem nice so far, he has the rhythm down decently. They nail the guitar solos competently, at least. Yeah, there's not much to say, its just...Famous Last Words with this band's vocalist. I dont mind it too much.

And that was all 13 songs on Black Parade covered. Overall, its bad. Id reccomend the first third and the last third but stay away from Cancer, Mama, and House of wolves. ESPECIALLY CANCER. Stay away from cancer at all costs, guys. I fucking mean it.
    Spoiler: 

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!