Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sane Train

sane's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries

The Sane Train

All aboard the Sane Train. I'll review mainly movies, but I will occasionally do TV shows and games.

Look what I found on Google! Fucking sweet!

Last edited by sane; 02-08-2015 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    Good job Sane. You killed the forum.

Blog Entries
    Assault on Arkham - Warning, spoilers.

Spoiler: 
    Where do I begin? I really enjoyed this. While it didn't have many of my favorite villains, it gave me some new ones to love. Harley Quinn was amazing, as usual. I have a brand new respect for Deadshot, and he is my new cover photo. I enjoyed Boomerang a lot more than I thought I would. Frost and Shark were also very enjoyable. Black Spider could have been a great character, but his only purpose in this was to die so Batman could infiltrate them. As for Waller, she was a very nice villain. I really enjoyed her more than a lot of other characters. Batman was Batman, and Joker was Troy Baker - Joker. I love Troy Baker, and his Joker is good, but it just didn't excite me in this movie. That is a good thing though, Joker is not the focus of this movie. KGBeast was hilarious for the short time he was on there. Shame he left so early though.

The animation looked great. I'm not going to spend a lot of time talking about animation in my reviews, because I don't really look at the animation like that. Lego Movie was the only movie where I was thinking, "Holy crap this looks great." So not a lot of time on this. Characters looked how they were supposed too.

Voice talent? It's Batman. The voices were great.

Sucky review so far, but how's the story? Well, Suicide Squad has to capture the Riddler. Interesting dilema. Batman has a side-project going on, which SS eventually (kind of) helps out with. It's more revenge than justice. Which is a good thing considering they are villains. I really enjoyed how all these characters pretty much disliked one another. With the exception of Quinn liking Deadshot, and Shark and Frost's relationship. I was actually really upset about Shark's death, and Frost's reaction and personality afterwards. Harley Quinn is the star of this movie, with Deadshot running close second. Not spoiling anything directly, but the ending is brilliant.

Overall, this is a very good movie.

IF you like Batman. If you don't like anything Batman, you may appreciate it kind of? I don't know. I love Batman. I loved this. Personally, I want to say you'd be insane not to love it, but as for a general movie goer, you'll find it too be...

Coolish.

And that's how it is. I personally really enjoyed this movie and recommend it too anyone who likes anything super-hero related.

This grade for this movie is B-.

Got any requests?
    Last edited by sane; 02-13-2015 at 09:25 AM.

BrineBlade's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    Click and Night at the Museum
    Spoiler: 

Blog Entries
    The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

Spoiler: 
    Let me start out by saying, I have sat down and watched any Lord of the Rings movie the full way through, until now. I know what happens for the most part. I have the books, but I never read them. Now?

Holy shit. I loved this movie. I know there is a lot of controversy about these movies, but IDGAF about controversy. As a movie fan with a sorta interest in Lord of the Rings, this really makes me want to just dive straight into more Middle-Earth.

I've seen Unexpected Journey, just not the full way through in one sitting. It was 2 viewings at different times. I love Martin Freeman, and him as Bilbo is just amazing too me. Bilbo is great in this one too. I like Bilbo better than Frodo myself, but I digress.

Let's get into the story:

It starts out with Smaug crashing and bashing shit. Then he dies. A bunch of people need shelter, elves are like "ya bruh"
    Thorin has gone apeshit looking for the Arkhenstone. (I can't remember what it's called I think I got it right) He won't share the wealth with anyone except his fellow dwarves and Bilbo. More shit happens, and eventually, everyone fights.

It's really fucking cool. I enjoyed the whole movie. I think near the end I was kind of like, "how long is this?" but that quickly went away. It ended like 15 minutes after I thought that so whatever.

The dwarves are great, the elves are cool, Bilbo is amazing. The main focus of this movie isn't on Bilbo though. That kind of upsets me. He got a lot of screentime, and I do like all the other characters, but I loved Bilbo.

In the end, if you like Lord of the Rings, and aren't picky about the books, mainly you just want too see some Lord of the Rings shit. I'd give this movie a Tap.

HOWEVER!

You really have to be a LoTR fan to understand anything in this movie. I kind of wish Smaug was in it more too.

Final result: Good. Overall a super fun and action packed movie, but if you have no idea what anything in Lord of the Rings is, don't go watch it to understand the story. If you like action and awesome scenes, go for it.

The grade for this movie is B+.
    Last edited by sane; 02-13-2015 at 09:26 AM.

AccordionChick's Avatar Gattamelata Clue
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CandySane View Post
    Got any requests?
    Any of these would be awesome:
    Labyrinth
    Batman Returns
    Clue
    Super Mario Bros.
    Lego Movie
    ~I am Member 101 of the forum. I joined on December 5th, 2011.~
    I'm an Al-oholic! (a HUGE fan of everything Weird Al)
    I started the movement to get "Weird Al" Yankovic himself in Season 3!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordionChick View Post
    Any of these would be awesome:
    Labyrinth
    Batman Returns
    Clue
    Super Mario Bros.
    Lego Movie
    I'd like to do relatively new movies before I watch any old movies, but I will get to some of those if this thing ever kicks off.

As for Lego Movie, I'll do that pretty soon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, my review of the movie Boyhood will be out tomorrow possibly.

Awesome reviews! :D

Some suggestions (Tried to choose some "newer"):
    Saving Mr. Banks
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Super 8
    Hannibal Rising
    Nightcrawler
    Green Lantern
    FAVORITE BATTLES (in no particular order):

• Romeo and Juliet vs. Bonnie and Clyde
    • Ghostbusters vs. Mythbusters
    • Rasputin vs. Stalin
    • George Washington vs. William Wallace
    • Martin Luther King, Jr. vs. Gandhi
    • Mozart vs. Skrillex
    • Frank Sinatra vs. Freddie Mercury

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapn View Post
    Saving Mr. Banks
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Nightcrawler
    I'll add these too my lists! (I like to try to only view films I haven't seen, so I'm not biased.) Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Starting with this review, I'm going to just use letter grades instead of trying too create something like JeremyJahns.

Boyhood

Spoiler: 
    The history behind this project is truly what makes it unique and special. If you haven't heard by now, Boyhood was started 12 years ago by Richard Linklater. Over the course of 12 years, he filmed the same cast as they aged. The movie follows the life of a young boy named Mason Jr.

The star of this movie, is Ellar Coltrane. While his mom really did amazing, it was this kid who did it for me. When the film starts, Mason Jr. and Ellar Coltrane are both 6 years old. We only have to sit back and watch as this 6 year old character and actor grow into an 18 year old man who heads off too college.

Without the revolutionary feeling behind the movie, it's very similar to an indie film detailing a boy's life. And it is still really good, even if the cast was different over the years.

The main story is basically just the life of Mason Jr. as he encounters adulthood. He's with his mother and sister for the most part of the movie, with his dad (Ethan Hawke) coming in every now and then too enlighten them about the government in some very humorous conversations.

My only problem with this movie, and it was brought up too my attention by my family, is that some of the things get unanswered. For example, Mason Jr.'s family moves in with another family, and the 4 children bond. After some arguments, Mason Jr.'s family leaves in a hurry, and the other 2 kids are left at the violent and drunken mercy of their abusive father.

I guess that's kind of what life is though. You don't get too know everything you want. I like to think the kids are ok, because this movie seemed real. I felt a lot of nostalgia, anger, joy, and sadness on this journey, and I loved it.

This movie was a hit or a miss, and luckily, it was a home run. The cast was great, the story was great, the LEGACY that will be left by this film is amazing, and overall, I have too give Boyhood an A-.

"Life doesn't give you bumpers."

Blog Entries
    The Imitation Game

Spoiler: 
    So to celebrate my first pay-day, me and my best friend Sean (he'll never see this but I love you bro) decided to go too the movies. We spent a whole day deciding on what too watch. I wanted too watch Selma, or Big Hero 6 for the 3rd time. (Should I review that?) Sean insisted we watch Imitation Game. He had already seen it however.

I was somewhat bored by the trailer, it looked ok, but not really something I wanted to go see at the moment. Nevertheless, we went too see Imitation Game.

Holy crap was I wrong. This movie was beautiful. In every aspect.

What's the story?: Alan Turing (Benedict Cumberbatch) is a genius code-breaker and mathematician. Think 1940's Sheldon Cooper, but in a rated R movie. That's actually what he is. Except it's much better than Sheldon.

Alan Turing must encrypt a machine called Enigma, which can apparently let people hear the German's conversations. Some of the stuff I couldn't follow, but that's because I don't understand it a lot. Sean got every word.

Alan Turing, (along with other geniuses) design the world's first computer too decode all the messages at once, much faster.

I don't know how accurate this movie is, but it was really amazing. I can't stress that enough. A lot of movies like this I seem too enjoy. Movies where a celebrity plays the part of a historical figure. 42, Social Network, etc.

While this is going on, you find out he is gay, but he has too keep it a secret or else... JAIL.

I don't want to give away too much, but this movie almost had me in tears near the end. It really is pro-LGBT, and you know what? This movie kind of changed my life.

I don't mean that in a sappy "beautiful movie best ever" way, but it got me thinking about these topics. I've considered myself indifferent towards gay marriage, I never cared if it happened or not. It doesn't bother me, but with this movie, I kind of consider myself pro-gay marriage now. It's delivery was just great, and it didn't force the message down my throat or anything. It was subtle, but powerful.

I'm probably not going to protest or whatever some people do. But if I ever had too vote for gay marriage, I'd vote for.

The message was great, the characters were a blast, Cumberbatch became one of my top 20 actors in this movie, and overall I'm giving this an A+.

Can't wait for Doctor Strange now.