Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Fool's Rap Battles: REBOOTED

Alright, well, since the contest has now concluded; here is the next battle!:

EPIC RAP BATTLES!

ERWIN ROMMEL!

VS!

BIIIIIIIIIG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSS!

BEGIN!

Rommel:

März nach vorn! To fight the one whose lyrics are more tragic than his debut!
    Your mission was assasination; there's nothing virtuous about you!
    I'll sink you hard like a panzer; leave you drowning in my flow!
    And with disses so nuclear they'll call where you're standing Ground Zero!
    As my prey, men like you fall before me. It's just the rules of nature.
    Though I wouldn't call you a snake; more like a hamster.
    You're not like Patton; you're more comparable to Oswalt!
    When I'm through, you'll experience phantom pain near your genitals.

Big Boss:

So Hitler's lapdog wants to argue about morality?
    'cause from where I'm standing, I'm dealing with an enfant terribles!
    With this venom I'm spitting it's like verbal cyanide.
    I'm on fire, just call my lyrics FOXDIE!
    Kid, you should know by now you can't step to me or my homeland.
    You need to call Paramedic to save your ass you're getting burned so bad!
    This dog is unbreakable; while you got sold out faster than Kojima!
    Looking for an equal? Someone that incompetent must keep you waiting, huh?

Rommel:

Please, the only thing "big" about you is your talk.
    I'm sieging this snake; crippling you harder than your boss!
    Your ideas are incomplete; your genes birth fools!
    I'm about to put down this old dog; and this time you won't be saved by an ass pull!

Big Boss:

I'm missing an eye, yet you're the one who can nazi the obvious.
    That your Hayter propaganda can't work against a rap boss!
    I see you experiencing Pain, Fear, and Fury from the lines I'm spittin'!
    But I'm not going to make Peace, so unless you want your End, best keep on walkin'.

WHO WON!?:

http://www.strawpoll.me/10497177

Reference Guide:
    Spoiler: 

März nach vorn! To fight the one whose lyrics are more tragic than his debut!
    Marz nach vorn means march on in german. The second part is Rommel calling BB's raps more tragic than his debut; his debut in this case meaning the first game he was playable (MGS3), where he goes through a number of hardships, ultimately culminating in him killing his former mentor.
    Your mission was assasination; there's nothing virtuous about you!
    The first part is a reference to Boss' mission codename: "Snake Eater", where he was sent to assassinate the members of the cobra unit, and to eliminate the threat posed by the Shagohod. The second part is a reference to the opening operation "Virtuous Mission" which doubles in Rommel saying Big Boss is not a moral individual.
    I'll sink you hard like a panzer; leave you drowning in my flow!
    This whole line is a reference to both Rommel's division of the army (The Panzer Division, and Panzer is german for tank.), as well as when Big Boss in The Phantom Pain tells Venom Snake to "call me Ishmael." Ishmael's fate in Moby Dick is he is left among his drowning crewmates. (Though, he does survive in the story, but, if he had not been saved by another ship, he would've drowned.)
    And with disses so nuclear they'll call where you're standing Ground Zero!
    This is several references. The most obvious being the last word, which is a reference to the soft of prequel-demo to the Phantom Pain, as well as ground zero being defined as "the point on the earth's surface directly above or below an exploding nuclear bomb". This is also a reference to the MGS series' consistent moral of being against nuclear warfare.
    As my prey, men like you fall before me. It's just the rules of nature.
    This is a reference to snakes being common prey for foxes. (IE, Big Boss being known as Naked Snake, and Rommel being know as The Desert Fox. The second part is a reference to probably a well known song from Metal Gear Rising, Rules of Nature, as well as Rommel just saying that it's the laws of nature for BB to lose to him.
    Though I wouldn't call you a snake; more like a hamster.
    This is both an insult, obviously saying that BB isn't like a snake at all, and more like a weak, cute and cuddly hamster, and also a reference to the absurd "poisonous zanzibar hamsters".
    You're not like Patton; you're more comparable to Oswalt!
    At least in pop culture, Rommel has been shown to have a sort of rivalry to the US general George Patton. This is him comparing BB to Patton, and saying that he's no where in Patton's league. This also leads to Rommel comparing BB more to Patton Oswalt, the comedian.
    When I'm through, you'll experience phantom pain near your genitals.
    Phantom pain is both a reference to the MGS game, and the actual feeling. Phantom pain is described as "Phantom pain is pain that feels like it's coming from a body part that's no longer there." This is basically a better way of saying "I'm gonna knock your dick off."

Big Boss:

So Hitler's lapdog wants to argue about morality?
    This is a response to Rommel's assertion that BB is not a moral person, by saying that Rommel has no room to talk, and he not only worked under Hitler, but was also pretty close to him, and Rommel was described as "one of his favorite generals".
    'cause from where I'm standing, I'm dealing with an enfant terribles!
    This is both a reference to the project that was aimed to create clones of Big Boss, as well as an insult to Rommel calling him a "terrible child".
    With this venom I'm spitting it's like verbal cyanide.
    Both a reference to Venom Snake in MGS5, and the way Rommel died, due to having been forced to take a cyanide pill after rumors started circulating that he was involved with the assassination attempt on Hitler.
    I'm on fire, just call my lyrics FOXDIE!
    The first part is a reference to The Man on Fire from MGS5, as well as the virus that was designed to kill people like Solid Snake. Though, this is a double meaning to Rommel's nickname, The Desert Fox.
    Kid, you should know by now you can't step to me or my homeland.
    Calling Rommel kid is a simple sign of disrespect, while the second part is a reference to Rommel having to retreat out of Africa, and also that South Africa is where Outer Heaven was founded.
    You need to call Paramedic to save your ass you're getting burned so bad!
    This is both a reference to the character Paramedic from MGS3 (the save part being a reference to the fact that Paramedic is who you call to save your game), and a paramedic would be someone you would call if you were to experience severe burns.
    This dog is unbreakable; while you got sold out faster than Kojima!
    The first part is a reference to BB's group in MGS5, Diamond Dogs. Diamonds being known for almost being indestructible, as well as a reference to Big Boss not willing to break under torture. The second part is a reference to several people naming Rommel as a co-conspirator in the Hitler assassination attempt very quickly under nazi torture, and with Kojima, well, basically being "sold out" by Konami during production of MGS5.
    Looking for an equal? Someone that incompetent must keep you waiting, huh?
    This is just a way for me to get that famous line in here without having it be a generic opening line. BB is saying that while Rommel is looking for an opponent who is his equal, he'll be waiting a long time, as no one is as incompetent as he is.

Rommel:

Please, the only thing "big" about you is your talk.
    A joke on BB's name. Fairly simple, but Rommel is saying that, unlike his namesake, he can only talk big.
    I'm sieging this snake; crippling you harder than your boss!
    The first part is a reference to a number of sieges Rommel was a part of, and Rommel calling BB a "snake" here is kind of tied into the next part. The second part of this is both a reference to BB having to kill The Boss, as well as Major Tom/Zero, who is shown to basically be a vegetable at the end of MGS4. BB ends up killing Major Zero as well, which ties into Rommel calling him a snake, saying that he constantly betrays those that are higher up then him.
    Your ideas are incomplete; your genes birth fools!
    The first part is a joke on both BB's idea for Outer Heaven (whom he took from Portable Ops villain, Gene), as well as a common criticism of MGS5; saying it was an incomplete game. The second part is a reference to Liquid and Solid Snake, whom Rommel is calling fools.
    I'm about to put down this old dog; and this time you won't be saved by an ass pull!
    The first part is Rommel basically saying "alright, you wanna compare yourself to a dog, I'll just put you down like the dog you are.", and the second part is a reference to another complaint levied at MGS5, how the reveal of the "Big Boss" you're playing as as not being Big Boss. Which ties into the first Metal Gear game, where you supposedly kill Big Boss, but it's revealed in MGS5 to be his body double. This story point was commonly called as a simple copout by Kojima.

Big Boss:

I'm missing an eye, yet you're the one who can nazi the obvious.
    The first part being an obvious reference to BB's eyepatch, and the second part is, well, just a pun I couldn't help but make.
    That your Hayter propaganda can't work against a rap boss!
    This is a reference to BB's former VA, David Hayter, Rommel's fascination of propaganda, and BB's name. BB is calling Rommel a hater, and his verses propaganda.
    I see you experiencing Pain, Fear, and Fury from the lines I'm spittin'!
    This is a series of references to the Cobra Unit, the specific characters being referenced are, what else, The Pain, The Fear, and the Fury, as well as just kind of a joke on the "four stages of grief". BB is basically saying his lyrics are causing Rommel multiple emotions.
    But I'm not going to make Peace, so unless you want your End, best keep on Walkin'.
    This is both a better way to say "fuck you, I win" and "I'm going to kill if you don't surrender". It's a reference to another Cobra Unit member, The End, as well as a reference to the PSP title Peace Walker.
    Last edited by FoolMeNever; 06-20-2016 at 12:02 AM.
    My Fan-Made Battles: Latest: H.P Lovecraft vs. Junji Ito!
    Epic Rap Battles of Anime Index: : Latest: Edward Elric vs. Eren Jaeger!

Alright, so, since we finally got a winner on that poll, that battle will be coming up next.

The winner is in the link below: (not gonna [img] it, just in case people might wanna be surprised)

http://i.imgur.com/4J1X8qh.png

Turtlesauce's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    Did you count my vote change from 1 to 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I will delete this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    Did you count my vote change from 1 to 3?
    I actually voted myself to make sure I wouldn't have to keep track of the numbers in my head, but, I did forget about it taking away a vote from that one. It's unfortunate that I ended up forgetting about that, but, oh well. Just a screw-up on my part.

BKTurner47's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Great battle as always, FoolMeNever!

EPIC RAP BATTLES!

BOB HOPE!

VS!

PEEEEEEWDIEPIIIIIIIIIIE!

BEGIN!

PewDiePie

How's it goin', Bob? It's Peeeeewdiepie!
    And you won't be able to sing a song to get you out this time.
    You're in for a Dark Descent when you try to fuck with an Internet Icon!
    I'm always growing, while you've been stuck in the past for so long!
    Call this a game of Cat and Canary when we come to blows!
    Hell, I'll bring the epic to any rap, even in just a cameo!
    You're just flopping around like a goat from this lyrical damage!
    But go ahead, Bob, Hope you last longer than your first marriage.

Bob Hope:

Youtube, huh? Must be where talent goes to die.
    Sorry, kiddo, but with your screams you sound like less of a man than MarziePie.
    I'll knock you out cold, and score a hole in one here!
    No wonder you sold hot dogs considering you're such a wiener!
    You're on The Road to Defeat, Felix, there's no stopping this broadcast!
    Unfortunately, I can't thank any Academy for dropping your ass.
    Scared that I'm soaring over you? You're looking pretty Paleface.
    Just leave the comedy to the professionals, and stick to screaming "RAPE"!

PewDiePie:

Yeah, I'm sure a Dancemedian wants to talk about old shames.
    Meanwhile, I'm bringing you down like a content claim!
    I'm a money Maker; both for others and myself!
    You couldn't handle my first eight lyrics, how can you be ready for the sequel?
    I'm about to fly to LA; glad it knows that Bob Hope is a Square.
    Even my book doesn't love you! Just Cancel Your Career!

Bob Hope:

Lord, that verse was as incomprehensible as your last name.
    I'm blowing up on you like a volcano, and you're getting burned just the same!
    I'm Laughing with the Presidents at your sad attempt at rapping!
    And please, stop going on about your brofistings.
    Hah! And my spirit will still haunt you even after I've died!
    So long! But I'm not thanking you for the memories, PewDiePie!

WHO WON!?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10620643

Reference Guide:
    Spoiler: 

BOB HOPE!

VS!

PEEEEEEWDIEPIIIIIIIIIIE!

BEGIN!

PewDiePie

How's it goin', Bob? It's Peeeeewdiepie!
    Pretty standard opening, with PewDiePie usually his signature video opener, except with "Bob" instead of bros.
    And you won't be able to sing a song to get you out this time.
    This is a reference to one of Bob Hope's probably least successful films (disliked by even Hope himself), Going Spanish. In the film, on one day a year, any crime is committed will be forgiven by singing a song afterward. Pewdie is saying that Bob Hope's career is close to criminal, and he'll be pointing it out in the battle, to which he won't be able to sing a song to free himself from Pewdie's raps.
    You're in for a Dark Descent when you try to fuck with an Internet Icon!
    This is a reference to both Amnesia: The Dark Descent which probably put Pewdie on the map, as well as a reference to a American Idol-style webshow for youtube, which Pewdie was a part of.
    I'm always growing, while you've been stuck in the past for so long!
    This is a both a reference to Pewdie's constantly growing subscriber rate, as well as Pewdie's growth as a person. Pewdie has recently gone on record saying that he hates that he used to use "gay" in a derogatory sense and "retarded" in his old videos, as well as him stopping making rape jokes. Meanwhile, Bob never really adapted to "New Hollywood" as it were back in the 60s. He was upset when they delayed the Oscars due to MLK Jr's assassination, and would frequently refer to people in their 30s as kid.
    Call this a game of Cat and Canary when we come to blows!
    This is a joke on "A game of cat and mouse" (Wherein Pewdie is the cat and Bob is the mouse), but twists it around to reference the title of one of Bob's movies.
    Hell, I'll bring the epic to any rap, even in just a cameo!
    This is a reference to Pewdie's cameo in the actual ERB series in the Russian royale. Pewdie is basically saying that he's so awesome, that even just having a non-speaking role boosts someone up.
    You're just flopping around like a goat from this lyrical damage!
    This is a reference to Goat Simulator, which was made with Youtubers like Pewdie in mind, and their goofy ass ragdoll physics, claiming that he's causing so much damage to Bob he's just useless flopping around.
    But go ahead, Bob, Hope you last longer than your first marriage.
    Bob's first marriage lasted a single year. Pewdie is, as is expected in a rap battle, exaggerating and saying that he hopes Bob will be able to spit all of his verses before he gets destroyed by Pewdie. Also a joke on Bob Hope's name itself.

Bob Hope:

Youtube, huh? Must be wear talent goes to die.
    This is a mess around of a quote Bob Hope made during the Academy Awards. "Television-that's where movies go when they die."
    Sorry, kiddo, but with your screams you sound like less of a man than MarziePie.

This is a reference to up above, where Bob Hope constantly refers to people younger than him as some variation of "kid". The second part is a joke on Pewdie's constant screaming in horror LPs, saying that he's less of a man than his girlfriend, who is, obviously, a woman.
    I'll knock you out cold, and score a hole in one here!
    This is a reference to Bob's participation in both the sport of boxing and golf, in which he dabbled in. Additionally, a golf club became a very common prop for Bob to have on stage.
    No wonder you sold hot dogs considering you're such a wiener!
    This is a reference to the fact that Pewdie had a hot dog cart while his channel while still growing, as well as a joke calling Pewdie a dick. Wiener, of course, is another name for a hotdog, but also slang for male genitalia.
    You're on The Road to Defeat, Felix, there's no stopping this broadcast!
    The first part is a reference to Bob's popular "Road" movies with Bing Crosby, and the second part is a reference to the aforementioned Oscars cancellation, saying that despite what happens, the world will see Bob defeat Pewdiepie.
    Unfortunately, I can't thank any Academy for dropping your ass.
    This is a double reference here. The first is a reference to the common phrase "I'd like to thank the academy." when people win Academy Awards. The second is a reference to Pewdie dropping out of University to pursue his youtube career. Bob is basically saying here that he wishes Pewdiepie's college never let him go, as then he wouldn't be making Youtube videos.
    Scared that I'm soaring over you? You're looking pretty Paleface.
    Both parts of these are references; the first is a reference to Bob Hope Airport (IE, he's soaring over Pewdie in this battle like an airplane), as well as the Youtube Red series "Scare PewDiePie". The second is a reference to Bob's movie Paleface, as well as just saying Pewdie was acting cocky before, but now that he's actually fighting Bob, he can't handle it.
    Just leave the comedy to the professionals, and stick to screaming "RAPE"!
    A reference to the aforementioned rape jokes that Pewdie used to make, which Pewdie came under fire for (most notably in the "Adults React to Pewdiepie" video by Retsupurae. Bob is basically saying that Pewdie relied on a gimmick, and that he's not actually funny, saying that he needs to leave it to Bob to make people laugh.

PewDiePie:

Yeah, I'm sure a Dancemedian wants to talk about old shames.
    This is a reference to Bob's old vaudeville act, The Dancemedians, which he was involved in with a couple other people. In it, Bob Hope would dress in blackface, which is obviously not acceptable in this day and age. Pewdie is basically saying "Yeah, sure I did some shitty things, but you really wanna talk about this when you dressed in blackface?".
    Meanwhile, I'm bringing you down like a content claim!
    This a reference the notoriously bad content claim system Youtube has in place, which could honestly bring down even big Youtubers if it got enough traction. (I wanna say it even brought down Nostalgia Critic a while ago.) But Pewdie is basically saying that no matter how big Bob is (or thinks he is), Pewdie can easily tear him down.
    I'm a money Maker; both for others and myself!
    A fairly simple line, but this is in reference to Pewdie's partner, Maker Studios. The second part is a reference to the fact that Pewdie makes A LOT of money, frequently does charity drives, and also causes sales for games to go up after he plays them on his channel.
    You couldn't handle my first eight lyrics, how can you be ready for the sequel?
    This is a reference to the game that got popularized by Pewdie, Slender: The Eight Pages, as well as it's sequel. Pewdie is saying that just like just how Slender took the Youtube world by storm, his lyrics are taking down Bob easily, and the sequel (his second verse) will hit just as hard.
    I'm about to fly to LA; glad it knows that Bob Hope is a Square.
    The "flying to LA" part is a reference to him flying to LA for multiple things, usually involving more promotional stuff for him. The second is a reference to "Bob Hope Square", which Pewdie twists around to call Bob "a square" which basically means someone who's boring or dull.
    Even my book doesn't love you! Just Cancel Your Career!
    A reference to Pewdie's book, "This Book Loves You" which is a parody of self-help books. He's basically saying that not even his book, which is suppose to love everyone because of the title, doesn't love Bob. And the second part is a reference to Bob's cameo in Cancel My Reservation, which Bob himself was disappointed in. Pewdie, of course, twists it around to say that Bob should cancel his career instead.

Bob Hope:

Lord, that verse was as incomprehensible as your last name.
    Pewdie's full name Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg, which to english speakers, is hell to pronounce.
    I'm blowing up on you like a volcano, and you're getting burned just the same!
    This is a reference to Bob Hope's home, which he had modeled after a volcano, as well as just saying Bob's been going hard on Felix like a volcano eruption, and he's getting burned very badly like one would be from lava.
    I'm Laughing with the Presidents at your sad attempt at rapping!
    This is a reference to both Bob's special "Laughing With the Presidents" which involves him recounting his time with several presidents, and also a boast that he was big enough to even meet with presidents that they probably would get together to laugh at Felix.
    And please, stop going on about your brofistings.
    This is a reference to Pewdie ending his videos with giving his fans a "brofist", but Bob turns it around to make it a bit more...lewd than it should be.
    Hah! And my spirit will still haunt you even after I've died!
    This is a reference to both the fact that Bob Hope has left such a huge legacy that many people still remember him fondly today, as well as a reference to the fact that the US Air Force named a transporter "The Spirit of Bob Hope". Basically, Bob's saying that even after he's dead, he'll always stay in Pewdie's memory.
    So long! But I'm not thanking you for the memories, PewDiePie!
    Bob's closing out the battle, and referencing Bob's signature song "Thanks for the Memories". Which, of course, Bob twists around saying that he's disappointed that he even had to deal with Pewdie, and he won't thank him for the memories of his just in general awfulness.
    Last edited by FoolMeNever; 06-29-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Turtlesauce's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    This felt like a stomp for Bob Hope, but I really loved it anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I will delete this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    This felt like a stomp for Bob Hope, but I really loved it anyway
    Admittedly, the reason for that could be when I was writing it and doing research I generally found more stuff to diss Felix with rather than Bob, so, I tended to write more boasts and references with Felix's lines.

EPIC RAP BATTLES!

H. P. Lovecraft!

VS!

JUNJI ITOOOOOOOOOOO!

BEGIN!

H.P Lovecraft

Have you heard the call? Welcome to my Hunger Mountain of Madness!
    Tell me, am I the Rhode Island Horror when I'm whipping your ass?
    You're a fish out of water, Ito, but even uglier than a Deep One.
    How can you be considered a master, when I'm being worshipped like Dagon?
    My rhymes flow deep like an ocean, and they unnerve even further.
    You're an elder thing; minus the substantial power.
    I'm a gentleman! You're just a dog who cannot be Silent.
    Of course, that's not entirely true, considering Konami's treatment.

Junji Ito:

Let me illustrate the ways your Whispers in the Dark don't harm me.
    And even after that, I'll keep coming. Just call me Tomie!
    You're an Enigma to a Fault; a small mama's boy who looks like a corpse!
    And one would hope the smell you're emitting isn't a virus.
    The true night terror you're experiencing must be how your work's been butchered.
    Pen and paper, video games, all adapted for nerds!
    You've inspired insanity, but most would agree you're not reich in the mind.
    Maybe become even more similar to the man you like, and pop some cyanide!

H.P Lovecraft:

Call yourself Tomie all you like, you won't be coming back after getting burned this bad.
    I don't hate you, Ito, but you're so far below me it must make you mad.
    You're Uzumaki-ing out of control, perhaps Mr. Del Toro would be better off with me?
    Of course I inspired you, hah, your insanity is clear as can be.

Junji Ito:

You're twisting yourself so much to diss me you might as well be rapping DRR-DRR-DRR!
    Flow sweet like honey, and with one listen you'll be splattered.
    Nobody loves your craft, hell, I would say defeat was made for you.
    It's black and white, Howard, you can't comprehend my raps like my name was Cthulhu!

WHO WON!?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10801091

Reference Guide:
    Spoiler: 
    H.P Lovecraft

Have you heard the call? Welcome to my Hunger Mountain of Madness!
    The first part of the line is a reference to the known term "Call of Cthulhu, which is
    a game, the pen and paper rpg, as well as the name of the story I believe. The second part
    is a reference to Lovecraft's story "Mountain of Madness" which he combines with the
    literary website "Hunger Mountain." Basically equating his lyrics to both his own work, as
    well as calling his lyrics "literature" or "poems" rather than just a simple rap.

Tell me, am I the Rhode Island Horror when I'm whipping your ass?
    This is both a reference to Lovecraft's work "The Dunwich Horror" and his birthplace
    of Rhode Island, which Lovecraft combines to make a punchline aimed at Junji, asking if
    Junji views him as some sort of horror or monster when Lovecraft's beating.

You're a fish out of water, Ito, but even uglier than a Deep One.
    This is a joke saying that Junji is out of his league in this battle, as well as
    comparing him to the Deep Ones from Innsmouth, which are strange fish-like humanoids.
    In this case, Lovecraft is saying that Junji is even uglier than the creatures he's
    written about.

How can you be considered a master, when I'm being worshipped like Dagon?
    Junji Ito is often considered to be a master of horror, which Lovecraft is questioning.
    Lovecraft asserts that he's the true king of horror, by equating himself a being that
    is speculated to be worshipped by the aforementioned Deep Ones.

My rhymes flow deep like an ocean, and they unnerve even further.
    This is a reference to Lovecraft's work "The Night Ocean" as well as referencing
    several Lovecraft inspired things, which generally insinuate or flat out say that
    Elder Things come from the ocean. And of course, the second part is referencing that
    despite the ocean's terrors, his raps unnerve opponents even more.

You're an elder thing; minus the substantial power.
    This is a reference to the otherworldly beings that come from Lovecraft's universe,
    generally referred to as "elder things". In this case, however, Lovecraft is using this
    reference to call Junji Ito an old man.

I'm a gentleman! You're just a dog who cannot be Silent.
    This is a reference to Lovecraft's essay in which he argues in favor of cats being
    better than dogs. The quote being referenced is: "The dog is a peasant and the cat
    is a gentleman." Lovecraft calls himself a gentleman, comparing himself to a cat, while
    Junji is a dog, or a peasant. And the Silent part is a reference to Junji Ito's work on
    Silent Hills, which as we all know was cancelled. This comes up more in the next line.

Of course, that's not entirely true, considering Konami's treatment.
    As stated before, Silent Hills was cancelled, much to the anger of fans. It had several
    star players on it, Guillermo Del Toro, Hideo Kojima, Norman Reedus, and Junji Ito. The
    former three have expressed disappointment over the cancellation (though Kojima in not
    as many words due to contractual agreements) but Junji Ito has stayed silent to my
    knowledge. Lovecraft is saying that in this battle, Junji won't shut up, which is peculiar
    considering his lack of comment on Silent Hills' cancellation and the state of Konami.

Junji Ito:

Let me illustrate the ways your Whispers in the Dark don't harm me.
    Junji Ito is, of course, an illustrator, and Whisperer in the Dark in the name of a work
    by Lovecraft. Junji is replacing "lyrics" with whispers, as well as using his profession as
    joke (illustrating also meaning "to make clear") that Lovecraft can't possibly damage him.

And even after that, I'll keep coming. Just call me Tomie!
    This is a reference to both Kojima's new title "Death Stranding" having the tagline of
    "I'll keep coming", and a reference to Ito's series "Tomie", which involves an immortal,
    beautiful, and evil young woman, who cannot die because more Tomies will emerge forth
    from the body parts that are dying.

You're an Enigma to a Fault; a small mama's boy who looks like a corpse!
    This is a reference to one of Ito's works "Enigma of Amigara Fault" as well as Lovecraft's
    reclusion when he was young, staying home with his mother, and not venturing outside except
    in the dead of night, making him very pale, AND him attempting to join the army, but
    being refused due to him failing the physical examination. This is Ito saying that Lovecraft
    is mysterious to a degree that actively hurts him, as well as him being a weak, childish
    man, who looks like he's dying.

And one would hope the smell you're emitting isn't a virus.
    This is a reference to one of Ito's works, "Gyo", which involves the Japanese
    military making a chemical weapon, involving corpses emitting fumes which spread a virus.
    Ito is making a joke, saying that Lovecraft smells bad, and that since he looks like a
    corpse, is jokingly hoping that he's not emitting the same virus that Ito wrote about.

The true night terror you're experiencing must be how your work's been butchered.
    Lovecraft has said that his work is based on his night terrors, and Ito is turning
    it around saying that the only night terror he should worry about is the way his work
    is being adapted after his death.

Pen and paper, video games, all adapted for nerds!
    This ties into the previous line, and references both the video game and the PnP RPG.
    Junji says that this devalues his actual work, and just turns it into playthings for
    people to mess with.

You've inspired insanity, but most would agree you're not reich in the mind.
    A lot of what Lovecraft and Ito's work has to do with is the state of the mind (hence
    there will be a lot of references to madness and insanity in this battle), but turns it
    around saying that Lovecraft himself is not in the "right" mental state. "Reich" replacing
    right in this sentence, is a reference to the 3rd Reich, or the Nazis and Hitler. Lovecraft
    is notorious for being a racist, having very low opinions of black people, irish, etc., and
    held english white above all others. At times, some of his quotes on people can be kind of
    hard to tell between him and Hitler. There's a flash game floating around somewhere on
    the internet that's basically a guessing game for their quotes.

Maybe become even more similar to the man you like, and pop some cyanide!
    And this is Ito comparing Lovecraft to Hitler, without mentioning his name. Lovecraft
    has said in a letter "He's a clown, but I LIKE the boy!" in reference to Hitler. Ito is,
    of course, also referencing Hitler's suicide by cyanide. Ito is basically saying that
    he should become even MORE like the man he likes so much, and kill himself.

H.P Lovecraft:

Call yourself Tomie all you like, you won't be coming back after getting burned this bad.
    The only way for Tomie to not come back is to comepletely burn her. Lovecraft
    is saying that Ito can continue to call himself Tomie, but he won't be coming back
    like he says after getting dissed so badly by Lovecraft.

I don't hate you, Ito, but you're so far below me it must make you mad.
    This is a reference to the aforementioned Cats vs. Dogs essay as well. In it, Lovecraft
    writes "I have no active dislike for dogs, any more than I have for monkeys, human beings, negroes,
    cows, sheep, or pterodactyls;". Lovecraft is saying that he has no dislike of Ito, just
    that he's inferior, and he decides this must make Ito angry. (Also a double meaning to
    making him "mad" or insane.)

You're Uzumaki-ing out of control, perhaps Mr. Del Toro would be better off with me?
    This is again a reference to Silent Hills, as well as one of Ito's works Uzumaki.
    Uzumaki means "spiral" in Japanese, and spirals are a big focus of the manga itself.
    Lovecraft replaces "spiraling out of control" with the name of Ito's work. The second
    part is referencing Del Toro's unfortunate failures to ever get in the videogame industry,
    usually caused by things out of his control. Lovecraft is saying rather than work on
    something with Ito, perhaps Del Toro would have better luck with Lovecraft.

Of course I inspired you, hah, your insanity is clear as can be.
    Junji Ito is on record as saying that one of his inspirations WAS H.P Lovecraft. This
    is also a callback to Ito saying that Lovecraft "inspires insanity." Basically this is
    both a boast on Lovecraft's part (basically saying "Of course you were inspired by me,
    I'm so good.) and a diss to Ito, saying that he's insane, which was caused by Lovecraft.

Junji Ito:

You're twisting yourself so much to diss me you might as well be rapping DRR-DRR-DRR!
    This is a reference to the ending of the Enigma of Amigara Fault. It's kind of hard
    to explain, so, I'll just link a picture. http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/60/7...px-Amigara.jpg

Flow sweet like honey, and with one listen you'll be splattered.
    This is both a reference to the Joey BADA$$ lyric "Flow sweet like cinnamon", and
    a reference to Ito's work "Splatter Film". The story involves an amazing honey, which if
    you ever stop eating it, you'll be splattered by some unknown force. Ito is comparing
    his lyrics to said honey, and says like the story, after listening to his lyrics Lovecraft
    will be splattered or defeated.

Nobody loves your craft, hell, I would say defeat was made for you.
    The first one is an obvious pun on Lovecraft's name, and the follow up is another
    reference to the Enigma of Amigara Fault. This has been popularized in meme form, but,
    in the story a character says "It was made for me! Th-this is my hole!" Ito is
    using this line to say that defeat was basically made for Lovecraft himself.

It's black and white, Howard, you can't comprehend my raps like my name was Cthulhu!
    This is a reference to manga style, which is usually in black and white. Ito, of course,
    uses it to describe his next part as obvious. Howard being Lovecraft's first name, and the
    finale Ito is comparing himself to the most well known creature in Lovecraft's universe,
    Cthulhu. In popular culture, when people meet Cthulhu it's sometimes described as "not
    being able to comprehend Cthulhu's true form" and they go mad from it. Ito says that,
    like Cthulhu, Lovecraft is unable to comprehend his raps, and it's blatant for the world to
    see

Sup.

So...yeah, been a while, huh?

Between college, life, and other sorts of things I really just haven't had the time or passion to write...however, I do want to get back into writing, especially now that ERB has gone on what appears to be a rather lengthy hiatus. So; to make my return I wanna do another fan voted battle. This one's a bit different as, well, there are some characters I want to use but can't actually think of an opponent. So, if you vote for those options, please include who you'd like to see vs. them.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12129236

Edit: right, so, on the topic of the Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion battle. Ideally I would prefer not to have FNAF or SCP characters. Not because they wouldn't fit, but because they're so played out. Same thing, but to a lesser extent, with Candle Cove.
    Last edited by FoolMeNever; 01-17-2017 at 02:05 AM.