Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So that was...

GonadTheNomad's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    But GEOGLOGY ISN'T A REAL SCIENC--*shot*

Good review. I saw a plain documentary on this thing in Psych last year. Had Zimbardo himself in it.
    Spoiler: 

Act uqa wa it
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by ďAdonisĒ
    Act
    uqa
    wa
    it

Klonoa's Avatar Tao of Blue
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    But GEOGLOGY ISN'T A REAL SCIENC--*shot*
    No need to be shot. This is true. "Geoglogy" is not a real science. ;3

Juiz: You can quote me on this: Klonoa is my favorite son.

Moonjik's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    Can you review UKIP?
    But,░in░truth,░I░have░wept░too░much!░Dawns░are░hea rtbreaking.
    Ξvery░moon░is░atrocious░and░every░sun░bitter. (ュ だ  どいロリラ威萎虞う ャイ意営縁ぇヵ)

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz
    moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

rangernumberx's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    UKIP

So that was UKIP, now leaderless due to the second resignation of Nigel Farrage. That's right, he tried to resign once in the past (I think it may have been just after the Scottish Referendum?) and the rest of the party said "F**k that, you're staying." British politics, folks.

They're a bunch of assholes who are to blame for us leaving the EU, promote racist propaganda with their fetish for getting rid of immigrants, and I would sooner vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party completely seriously than even think about jokingly voting for them.

So would I recommend them? OH F**K NO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    I once heard Ranger was a legend.
    Now I can confirm Ranger is a legend.

Moonjik's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rangernumberx View Post
    UKIP
    They're a bunch of assholes who are to blame for us leaving the EU, promote racist propaganda with their fetish for getting rid of immigrants, and I would sooner vote for the Monster Raving Loony Party completely seriously than even think about jokingly voting for them.

So would I recommend them? OH F**K NO.
    Wow Range tell us how you really feel.

Nige resigned right after he failed to win a seat in the UK General Election. This was a very informative review but instructions were not clear enough, ended up voting to leave the EU, winning and now Theresa May will be PM
    But,░in░truth,░I░have░wept░too░much!░Dawns░are░hea rtbreaking.
    Ξvery░moon░is░atrocious░and░every░sun░bitter. (ュ だ  どいロリラ威萎虞う ャイ意営縁ぇヵ)

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz
    moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

GonadTheNomad's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Klonoa View Post
    No need to be shot. This is true. "Geoglogy" is not a real science. ;3
    God damnit. ;n;
    Spoiler: 

Act uqa wa it
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by ďAdonisĒ
    Act
    uqa
    wa
    it

Blog Entries
    The World Ends With You

So that was The World Ends With You, and forget Ace Attorney and Dead Space and all that, whereís this gameís anime? Itís got everything: A great and interesting plot, unique characters, a protagonist that starts off as a dick but warms up as it goes on, hell, it even has its own music ready, including intro and credit themes. Come on, Square Enix, you know people will love this.

The game revolves around a guy called Neku, who wakes up to find himself in the middle of a bust crossroad with people walking past and completely ignoring him, and to find that he is being attacked by strange frog monsters. You know, average daily life for an anime/game protagonist. As it turns out, Nekuís dead, and has such been entered into The Game: Get yourself a partner to fight the Noise (the previously mentioned monsters, which also come in bat, wolf, kangaroo, and other forms), complete the tasks and survive seven days, then you should be allowed to come back to life. Oh, and thereís people working for the Conductor, the guy that runs the Games, that go by the name of Reapers and will either block your path with walls or outright create Noise to attack you, all with the aim of having 0 players survive. Given the Reapers have a constant goal of allowing 0 players to survive and players only have a few minutes to survive after the partnerís been killed, the odds are highly against them. But as can be predicted, Neku and his partner makes it through the whole week. And, as can probably be further predicted, Neku ends up going through several more weeks in order to gain his life back. While I havenít shied away from it in the past, I actually will refrain from spoilers and keep from going in depth into this game, as it is the main thing to this title. It does have numerous good plot twists to boot, and...well, I didnít see them coming, but given how obvious they were in hindsight once I had learned of the twist, I canít say if they were actually well hidden in plain sight, or if it was just my naivety that prevented me from getting it. But there are several others which certainly are brilliantly foreshadowed in a way that doesnít clue you in on the twist at all, so at least some of these twists are still great, such as the one concerning the entry fees of others.

Almost as unique as the story is the method of playing the game, in the sense that I think itís unique, but I hesitate to say that in case Iím wrong. While the overworld and similar regular video game occurrences play out normally (wander around for missions and dialogue, give people clothing for item boosts, and so on), the battles only start out when you scan for enemies and select them to fight, meaning that there are no random encounters: Only ones you select (or see coming with black enemy icons which are introduced later) and the fixed location for encounters (well, there is one exception, but Iíll get to that). And when youíre in the battle, the true uniqueness kicks in. To defeat the Noise and other bosses, you have to fight them on two different planes, your partner taking the one in the top screen and you taking the bottom screen. There are three different partners, forcing you to switch between them at the end of each week, and each of them have a unique way to earn stars, which will allow you to use powerful joint attacks which takes up both screens when you have enough. Otherwise, they work much the same, using the d-pad to point in the direction of enemies to attack, jumping and blocking to avoid attacks, and otherwise diverting your attention from the bottom screen where Neku is. He is controlled by being moved through the stylus, and attacks through the usage of pins, which you can change between and gets you a range of attacks, healing items, and buffs which can level up and sometimes Ďevolveí (they also make Neku very infuriating, because everything about this game is just perfect to use in a DB, but NOTHING can be really scaled to see how they compare to the anything else). These pins also have limited uses before needing to Ďrebootí, meaning you have to make sure youíre not caught without any possible attacks while avoiding any incoming ones, all while also attacking and avoiding attacks on the top screen with your partner. Ultimately, in my experience, it ended up just devolving into mashing left or right on the d-pad while focusing on Neku, and hoping you eventually got the combo attack, as they also heal you while they do damage. This leads to some very interesting concepts for bosses, and is just generally a very iconic and interesting game play style, but for at least some people it will be more effective to spam attacks above or running around below than to split your attention as the devs probably intended you to do.

The main problem is that this game often crosses the line from being nice in its challenge, to downright frustrating in a fashion that renders the small portion of the game incredibly annoying. This is mainly down to the fact that this game really likes to give you battles without any way to expect them, and after walls of text. This is only made worst in the early game, when youíre only just learning the controls, where the boss of the 4th day rewards you for beating it with the ability to retry battles after dying. Yeah, you have to earn a basic mechanic that you may very well really need, and thereís no real reason for that. Thereís no satisfaction or relief about getting this ability, only incredible annoyance that you had to work for it in the first place. The worst example of this is in the last couple of days in the game, though, as you can be attacked with literally no indication, as it occurs at seeming complete (but frequent) random as you move to a different area. So, I hope you know exactly where you want to go and that you have the map memorized, because the one in the pause menu does f**k all to help, and youíre just going to run into a ton of powerful enemies. And then thereís the powerful item of clothing at the very end which you may not be able to wear yet and you canít go back, itís just a lot of little things in addition to those big things which really add up.

While there are those occasional annoyances, there was plenty of little things to fill up the bits between pivotal events to keep my interest. The characters, while Neku did start off as a complete asshole, were all distinctive and memorable. Especially, for me, Minamimoto, with his obsession with maths and creating Ďmodern artí by piling up rubbish, earning him the great nickname of the ĎGrim Heaperí. There was also a good amount of humour, but some of the jokes were noticeably repeated. I, personally, still found them amusing and they werenít overplayed per se, but others may see that as a bad case of the dialogue script being rushed, and therefore requiring joke repetition. A similar approach could be seen as to the amount of enemies needed to fight. I, personally, only needed to briefly grind twice, once near the start and the second time at the end to be able to wear Minamimotoís cap, an item that gave great stat boosts but was ultimately optional. Otherwise, I was fine with just taking on the bosses, fixed encounters, and certain encounters I needed to do to get a reaper to take down a wall and allow me to proceed. For me, that works. But for others, this could be seen as a way of making the game too easy. I will admit, sometimes when I wasnít able to pass certain enemies, I went onto easy mode to beat them. But that was because there was no option to reload to just before the fight to train up, and it was usually because of some cheap mechanic (or at least, thatís what Iím blaming it on, me being ever in a state of denial). Still, others would probably believe that more encounters outside of what the game enforces should be needed given encounters are part of the fun in RPGs (but, as everyone would agree, only to a very limited extent). Itís all personal preference. And then thereís the resident minigame, Tin Pin Slammer, played with any and all pins that you have won and bought during the game. Trust me, I think the in-universe reaction of everyone towards it is the same as many people in real life towards it: First blowing it off as just Ďanother obligatory crappy minigameí, but after playing a few rounds getting into it, and realizing the depth it has. Seriously, Iím pretty sure this isnít unique (although I canít name anything like it off the top of my head), but it is a great deal of fun, to the extent that the bonus, AU episode you unlock after completing the story is centered around it. Itís brilliant in short bursts, which makes the fact that the game only gives you it in that all the better.

So would I recommendation this game? Yes, I would, when itís good itís a really enjoyable experience. But...I think the best metaphor for it would be the final boss before the end game, which is what I call that area in games which youíre given a warning before, saying that after you cross this border you have no chance to save or return or something similar. Anyway, this fight has some really good ideas. First, Beat fights her on the top screen while Neku is facing off against some Noise on the bottom. Then, she appears on the bottom screen and top screen but is invincible and invisible respectively, and you have to use the screen on Nekuís side to see where she is on Beatís side to attack her there, allowing you to wail on her with Neku. Again, itís a nice concept. Then Neku has all of his pins taken away and has to run away from her to stop their shadows touching which hurts him all while Beat has to attack her on the top screen but you canít because she puts copies of herself in the way which you canít get past in time and then you die and then you die again and then you have to CHANGE TO EASY BECAUSE BLOODY HELL SQUARE ENIX WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS THING SO F**KING FUSTRATING YOU WANKERS? And then you get a pin you were trying to get off of her, and you have to use the shadows of the characters to work out her location and attack her with the new pin, utilizing the information weíve already learned about her in a new and interesting way. So, that perfectly describes the game. Great for the most part, but just those little bits of ďHow the hell did this make it past play testingĒ that keep it from being excellent.

Curses ranger, you bumped this over my review on the home page. ;-;

But well-deserved. This was actually really insightful, and got me interested in something I've never even heard of prior. I just may have to try it out! :3
    Watch Magical Girl Raising Project. Just do it.

Blog Entries
    Custom Robo Arena

So that was Custom Robo Arena, or as Iíve taken to call it, the game of the Robot Wars anime. And, I will admit it, the whole thing is rather...lack luster. But, I donít know, maybe thatís just because of me playing The World Ends With You right before it? Letís see how the different things sound. Oh, and if this series sounds slightly familiar to you, thatís because Ray Mark III, one of the first robos you get access to, was an unlockable assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. So...yeah, thereís that.

The reason I call it the shovelware from the anime based on a tv series all about home made robots duking it out is...well, because itís exactly that. The world the game is set in is just under a century in the future, where these man made creations, called Robos, are mass produced and are a part of daily life, both in helping out in general life (mainly with the police), and (the main focus of this game) in battles, as a past time and a professional sport. The story has you follow a protagonist, who doesnít seem to have a default name, whoís just a kid but manages to become one of the best Commanders (the term used for those who control Robos by Ďdivingí, having their mind go into the Robo) and fends off a criminal organization who...actually, their endgame wasnít clearly told, I donít think, but the planned on...letís say destroying society with these Robos. Actually, I said that itís what a Robot Wars anime would be, but from my limited memory of the show...just replace some key words, and youíve got the description of the Mega Man.exe anime. Huh. As well as the protagonist, the other main characters are Liv, a girl who canít dive yet is a brilliant support for Commanders (which, as far as the game is concerned and as far as I can tell, is just an informed role and attribute), and Dennis, the other Commander in her custom Robo team that...isnít very good, although he is very smart on the technical side. Honestly, you could remove Dennis from the plot, and nothing major would change. These are the two that almost constantly follow you around, though there are side characters that appear shortly, and then appear once more at the end for the promised end game, the Robo Cup, to discern the worldís greatest. Thereís the current champion and Livís brother Eddy (whoís actually heavily referenced early on and appears rather frequently for the final third), the champions of the rival schools, two students of a custom Robo master that lives in the mountains (theyíve been around for long enough that the Ďold mountain masterí trope can be applied), an obnoxious kid who keeps popping up despite my hatred of him by the name of Marv, and so on. They are all...unique, at least, but besides from the main three and the protagonistís family, thereís not much time or attention spent on building up feelings for these characters, so when it comes to the endgame you donít end up caring for their safety that much.

Due to me playing The World Ends With You just before this, I ended up comparing the stories of them, and it just goes to show how clumsy in comparison Custom Robo Arena handled it. For a start, the villains of the game are obvious from the moment you see them. Look, here they are, Kindjal and Scythe. I wonít even bother and put them in spoilers, because the moment you see them, you instantly know that theyíre the bad guys. In The World Ends With You, you know the Reapers are your antagonists, but they are all fleshed out, and some are not nearly as evil as they first appear. Heck, all of the information given in the secret reports in the post game only go to show that even some of the more evil appearing characters may not be as evil as first thought. But here? They could grow a mustache, twiddle with it while cackling and tying a girl to train tracks as a train is approaching, and I would not question it one bit. And then there are the plot points which I guess is supposed to Ďsubtlyí foreshadow future events and plot twists, such as the constant mention of illegal Robo activity around your father and older sisterís workplace, the name of a secret project found in the lab of the aforementioned two, and Livís ability to transfer her mental energy to others, as itís needed to pilot a Robo and people can be worn out through either continual diving, or fighting outside of holosseums, where fights between Robos are legally required to take place unless you have a special license. Not to mention that the main plot is just a simple Ďwin the championshipí affair. Sure, there is nothing really wrong with simplicity like that, but after coming from The World Ends With You and not seeing any major twists for the vast majority of the story...itís just underwhelming.

But when the story isnít the primary focus, then obviously itís the battle system that has earned the attention (although that could probably be predicted, given that the entire universe is seemingly centered around these fights). And you know what? I think this decision paid off. The parts for your Robos vary in 5 categories: Robo (the main chassis which all of the other stats are built off of), Gun (the main firing weapon), Bomb (basically missiles you fire), Pod (secondary bombs with different effects, such as stopping right in front of opponents or stay suspended in the air until the foe passes them), and Legs (which increase several stats, such as acceleration and jump height). This means that you can customize every aspect of your Roboís arsenal (after you purchase the parts), which mean that you can find your own style that you prefer to fight with. I personally opted to go for a long distance gun, such as the Triple Shot or Sniper Rifle, and keep distance while dropping Spider Mines that stay where I dropped them, but rush towards the enemy when they get close. Yep, the tactic was basically run away and attack from a distance like a little b***h. And I was good at it. Another thing to note is that, to the best of my knowledge, the total stats of the parts you get donít massively change from the start to the end of the game, only supplying different effects, and different variants of the same type of part (such as whether it knocks your opponent in the air or towards you). This means that, theoretically, it should be possible to beat the game with nothing but the basic parts you start with. I think this is really cool, and that it means that you donít have to change to match the demands of the game: You just have to play with the things you want to play with, if you want to. There were only two times where I had to largely change my Roboís setup, but more on that later.

In battle, you start off with launching the cube that your Robo compacts into into the arena. This does get some initial strategy, with whether you want to be close, far, or behind cover compared with the location of your enemy, but the cube is constantly spinning, which means that it may go somewhere you donít want it to (and when thereís a hazard like lava on the field...yeah). Also, the speed of which you get up depends both on how well you mash the buttons (and itís not even an instinct, thatís literally what they tell you to do to speed up your getting up), but also on how the cube lands, whether you start on your feet (best), or with your head in the ground (worst). This can allow for an early hit depending on your luck and speed to get up, but the annoying thing is that I donít think thereís any real strategy to it. After that, you fight in a 3D arena, utilizing cover to avoid most enemy shots, jumping and airdashing to traverse quickly and get better shots, using bombs and pods to gain an explosive advantage...it turns out to be really quite fun. In addition to your Robo having all of its variety in everything which matters to the battle, thereís also uniqueness in the stages. Sure, thereís the basic placement of the walls, but thereís also the gimmicks. One arena has water constantly rising and falling to obscure the placement of everything, one arena has a section in the middle which collapses every time you go on it for a short while, leaving lava in its place, and one section even frequently shrinks and expands to constantly change the size of the arena you have to deal with. There is enough variety here to keep many people entertained for a long time. Later on, you gain the ability to do something called a Soulboost, which increases the mental energy the Commander puts into the Robo, causing them to go golden and greatly increases their damage output for a short time. After the time runs out, they end up Ďdirtyí, decreasing all of their stats for an even shorter time. Robos getting dirty and their dirtiness affecting their performance is something that occurs anyway, meaning you have to continually keep your Robo clean to keep it at optimum performance, but all of these result in a nice risk/reward system, making you ask yourself if the additional power is needed (given it takes several matches to build up again), and if nowís the most effective time to use it, resulting in another layer of strategy, increasing the entertainment each battle gives you. But, there is the chance of this entertainment being decreased should people not vary their set ups, like I didnít. Iíll touch upon that again later.

But above everything else, the part of the game that sticks out to me the most is a particularly bad instance of jumping the shark, right before the credits. This occurs right after youíve beaten Hadron, a golden Robo who was only foreshadowed through the learning of a secret project much earlier in the game and nothing else to my knowledge. Basically, this robot has tactics programmed into him from recorded battles the protagonist has made, and is supplied with a constant supply of mental energy by Liv, creating a Robo powered through two of the strongest forces on both sides. This is actually a pretty nice idea, with the always-the-best hero having his own tactics put against himself, if just stated and nothing else, as the tactics Hadron actually used was nothing like my mine-drop-and-run tactic. But then, after its defeat and after Liv has been freed so sheís no longer supplying Hadron with energy, the Robo seemingly kills Scythe and gains all of his energy, memories, aspirations, and so on. This was never suggested to be possible earlier, it comes completely out of nowhere, and at the time it just made me say ďWhat the f**k?Ē but not in any sort of a good way. At least the presence of a seemingly invincible golden Robo had been suggested previously, but this? Not to mention that Robos arenít supposed to have personalities or mentalities when not being dived into, which just makes it stick out even more. Sure, you could argue that programming it with the protagonistís skills gave it a personality, but the protagonist is a nice guy, and would never do something like that. There is just no explanation for this from what weíve been given that would make this a good plot twist.

So, you battle Hadron again, he perma-Soulboosts, and now your mini mecha canít even damage him. So, obviously, you die and get a game over (as a side note, for battling Hadron and the haywire security robos, I donít know why they occur in a proper arena, instead of just out in real life. We donít even see a holosseum appear in real life, so...yeah, it makes no sense). Liv tries to give you some additional power, but sheís too worn out. So everyone else around transfers their own mental energy (a continuation of the shark jumping, as itís suggested that Livís power is unique and therefore they shouldnít be able to do this) to Liv, who transfers it to the player (fridge logic: Why not just send it to the player directly?), who then has a final battle with Hadron. As soon as you are both out of your cubes, you simultaneously go into a perma-Soulboost, and have one final duel. This would normally be epic, and the first time? It was. But the problem is that, even by final boss standards, even by the standards of the in-game game breaking illegal parts, this foe is just so broken. Heís constantly gliding everywhere, has high defense so that all of your shots donít do s**t, has a weapon that flat out ignores walls and traps you in a high-damage series of green columns that launches and activates instantly, and a ton of other weapons that make him impossible to beat. Shortly before, there was another broken boss which floated in the air, was in a lava-filled arena, had incredibly annoying attacks in addition to being a heavier cube (which guaranteed that it settled and unpacked before I could at the start of each round, granting it the first hit), and these are the only two I had to change my load out to beat. Oh, and the one previously was fought twice in a row, almost identical (but I think the second was easier to beat). But you know what? I actually managed to beat that one with perseverance. No matter how hard I tried, I could not beat golden Hadron normally. No matter my set up, no matter my tactics, no matter how much I run away and drop spider mines like a b***h, I couldnít come close to beating him. Heís the only opponent I had to use the health decrease thatís available if you loose so many times to an opponent, simply because of how broken he was. Even with the shark jumping, it should have been a satisfying and awesome finale, but it was ruined by the sheer difficulty increase, again, even by final boss standards.

Post credits, the Robo Cup takes place, and itís the same format as it was originally. Get dropped in a forest, beat five guys first (or second, or third, or fourth) and exit to enter the finals. You do that. You beat someone in the semis, you do that, and then you fight Eddy, and you win. The fight with Eddy was tough, so tough that I ended up gaining the option to health nerf him before I won, but you know what? I never once felt like it was unfair, and I felt satisfaction every time I played against him. Added in with the fact that this one battle, the battle against Eddy and winning the Robo Cup, had been built up for pretty much the entire game, this should have been the final battle of the story, the final duel before the credits. The other one felt rushed and not nearly as satisfying (in addition to everything Iíve already said about it). It would be like, in Pokemon, not learning about Team Rocket until half way through the game, the story ending when you defeat Giovanni, and the Elite 4 being reserved for the post game. After becoming the world best, you are challenged to play grudge matches against pretty much every unique Commander in the game, so long as you could meet their requirements of owning a certain amount of a custom part or whatever. This is where I stopped, revealing possibly the most fatal of Custom Robo Arenaís problems. Throughout the game, while I never felt like I was playing a masterpiece to any degree, I still had fun and at no point did I feel like I was forcing myself through it. However, the moment where I had to earn additional battles outside of the story, I lost all engagement with it, and stopped wanting to play the game. Maybe I had just convinced myself that it was worthwhile, and that the battles didnít become stale, to keep continuing with the story. I can only guess...but if I stopped as soon as I was told I had to put so much more effort into it, is it me being lazy, or the game failing to earn my further interest?

So would I recommend it? While, after having stepped back from it for a while, I would happily greatly recommend The World Ends With You in spite of those things which make it infuriating at times, the flaws of Custom Robo Arena are too big to overlook. The story would be much more fitting in a Saturday morning cartoon, and even then there are numerous let downs where certain plot points are barely utilized, or when the decisions the plot make just doesnít make sense. While itís great that you donít have to change your items much throughout the game, this also means that itís all too easy to miss the Ďcustomí part of the game, as I pretty much did. And to top it all off, there is no gameplay evolution. With the exception of Soulboost, the first ten minutes of the game play exactly the same as the final ten minutes, only with the difficulty of the AI increased. And this is without answering the question of whether the actual battles became old, making me want to find a reason to drop the game. If anything, it should at least be fun in short bursts. But if you want to play it for a couple of days straight like I did...I can suggest several much better games, although none with this particular type of combat, so unless youíre looking for that...

Blog Entries
    Kim Possible: Graduation

So that was the Kim Possible finale, and by that, I mean the second finale. As some of you may know, the series was originally meant to end at the end of series 3, with the made for tv movie So The Drama. Fan outcry had it renewed for a fourth season (which I believe is only the Disney Channel program to reach this milestone, with the first being Thatís So Raven), and so we got this as the true ending to the Kim Possible canon. And of course, as I had to watch every episode for this and Kids Next Door for the upcoming Death Battle, I can note several comparisons and feel like updating this thread. So, if youíre not at all interested in a tv showís finale...well, you got the hint as to Kimís opponent in my other main-but-scarcely-updated thread.

The plot is pretty much what you could expect: A traditional Kim Possible affair with the world being at stake due to the actions of some nefarious adversary, only with the ante increased due to said adversary actually being competent. In the first movie (airing halfway through season 2), Shego stepped up from Dr. Drakenís sidekick and became the empress of the world using time travel. Much bigger than anything we had previously faced, and with someone we know is capable of doing so. In the second (the original finale), we had the backdrop of prom, all while Dr. Draken plays all the right cards and is scarily competent, even managing to get an advantage over Kim in her social life. In this, the ultimate finale? Aliens. Aliens and graduation.

Admittedly, this isnít as big a shark jump as it may appear. In an earlier episode, an alien came to earth believing Draken to be a prophesied figure that would reach out to her planet (utilizing a rather amusing callback to the time he released a brand of shampoo...until you realize theyíre repeating the entire sequence), before Kim and Shego send her packing. Now, for Draken deceiving and Kim defeating her, sheís come back to destroy the whole world with backup. So, sure, itís not completely out of nowhere, but it was still pretty stupid for a show that was pretty grounded for the universe it was set in. What would you prefer to see as the main villain in a Batman game to be the Joker, having been a well established main antagonist for the Dark Knight, and constantly being active throughout the game as well as having his actions frequently thwarted? Or would you prefer the bloody Electrocutioner from Arkham Origins, who appeared in one joke boss battle and died via Joker later, to come back and say that heís not dead, bringing in Lex Luthor, who, yes, is powerful, but hasnít been brought up at all prior? I get what these guys were going for, but it just doesnít work as well as they probably hoped it would.

But besides from that, how did it function as a finale? Well, pretty well, I guess. The fact that itís their high school graduation does give the movie a feeling of finality, as does the world ending threat which forces the two great enemies to team up, which is made even better given Draken and Shegoís usual determination to conquer it. And like the first finaleís hinting and confirming of Kim and Ronís relationship, this time they hint at Shego and Drakenís...which doesnít work as well in my opinion, especially as itís not nearly as foreshadowed as the formerís relationship. But, hey, we get to see a load of characters from past episodes, even those rarely appeared! Kimís grandma and uncle, the Ninja Master that appears to Ron via hologram, that one astronomer...alright, sure I donít know their names, but it still feels like itís pulling everything together. And then thereís the two major power boosts: Ronís Monkey Jitsu and Drakenís flower-kenisis. And itís pretty much the same as the relationships: We have seen glimpses of Ronís Monkey Jitsu capabilities in previous episodes, but never once was it fully realized until now, which is something the original finale missed out on. But with Drakenís new superpower, sure itís amusing and ends up saving the day (in conjunction to the Monkey Jitsu), but it does come completely out of nowhere, and thereís not the same amount of satisfaction when he does gain control over it and realizes its potential. Itís just...half and half, I guess, as far as how much the major points worked.

So would I recommend it? I guess the real question is, would I recommend it over So The Drama, as if youíre watching Kim Possible all the way through youíre not going to ignore the final season. And I do have to say no. Yes, it does things right. We get payoff to Ronís Monkey Jitsu storyline, the humour and tension is well done, and it ties up the Kim Possible mythos very nicely. But for the latter two, the first finale just does it so much better. We get a payoff to the rivalry between Kim/Ron and Draken/Shego with the latter finally going to jail after a scarily well thought out plan, we get tension as the whole world is attacked by giant mechas, and the relationship payoff doesnít come across as haphazard, even as a joke. But! Thereís one thing that So The Drama doesnít have, and thatís backstory on Drakenís blue skin! Without this movie, how else would we know it happened on a Tuesday? Because obviously, if we want to know anything about his condition, itís that fact.