Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Sane Train 2.0

Judaism's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    I'm probably going to watch an anime or something so everyone come together and suggest one for me.
    So far I've got Sword Art Online as my potential show to watch because I've heard the name.

Herb's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Don't watch Sword Art Online ever, it fucking sucks.

Watch Parasyte -the Maxim-, it's short enough and really good.
    Hey, I'm Lud/Katz/Herb, and I'm a Global Moderator! Always here to talk! If you haven't already, register an account!

Turtle's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    As a person who doesn't really like anime as much as the others, I'd suggest One Punch Man. It's very enjoyable and very funny, even for a non-anime fan

Moongic's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    Wath FMA: Brotherhood

My only reason to live is because communism will win

Spoiler: 

Signature made by the amazing YellowNerd

Leader of the Pseudonymphs. Join us here!

Blog Entries
    NicePeter vs EpicLLoyd 2 review

Spoiler: 
    I liked it. Saw it twice now. Probably won't ever see it again.

10/10

UnicornKevin's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    excellent review you should review the weezer vs weezy video

former co-admin

Blog Entries
    Love the avi btw Polar

Weezer vs Wheezy

Spoiler: 
    Was a lot of fun. I loved working on it and would really like to do it again sometime.

Blog Entries
    It movie review

Spoiler: 
    well hey there its been a while but its a movie about It you guys have probably heard of this by now. Anyways I'mma keep it short because my new goal was to review movies while drunk because I thought it would be fun but I can't quite do that because of work so I'll do it sober.

IT is about a bunch of kids and they form a club called The Losers Club and they battle a demonic clown that's actually an entity called the Deadlights but the movie didn't really take that route so far so it's a shapeshifter. Started out as a book by Stephen King, then it was a shitty miniseries, now it's an alright movie.

I have never read the physical book but I have heard an audio tape and read chapters online and I love the story of It, so I was really hyped for this movie. I'm still hyped about it tbh. The miniseries is pretty shit and doesn't hold up well at all in my opinion and Tim Curry was the best thing about it. That may be true, but honestly I didn't give much of a fuck about him in it either. This isn't a review for that though.

This new movie is fine. If I look at this from a critical standpoint, then its an alright horror movie with creepy visuals, an amazing soundtracks, and some great performances, but it still does fall under the Hollywood Horror movie category, what with all the jumpscares and whatnot. It's a fine adaptation, they cut what they needed to so it would work, and it worked. It's not special, the sequel's going to come out and then it'll probably be forgotten.

As a fan however, I loved the film. Simply because it was everything I hoped it would be. I didn't care enough for it to be some cinematic masterpiece for horror films, I just didn't care. I wanted to see a creepy clown kill kids I guess and it worked well enough for me. It's been a movie I was extremely hyped for leading up to it, and one that I still get excited about seeing again at this moment.

Look its a short review I can't just jump back into these but I'd love to start them again if you guys participate as well so yeah.

Critical Rating of It (2017): 5 or 6/10 let me watch it a second time.
    sane's Rating of It (2017): 9/10

If you got any specific questions feel free to ask. Let me know what you all thought

Blog Entries
    Escape from Tomorrow movie review

Spoiler: 
    So yeah I'm about 30 minutes into the film and I've been drinking but I really want to talk about this. Escape from Tomorrow is directed by some person let megoogle it Randy Moore. It's all in black and white and man they shot this thing in DisneyWorld without them knowing it's pretty cool. So far it's about this guy named Jim who is visiting the park with his family but he sees these two young French girls and this man is attracted to them so he's sorta using his kids to stalk them. I don't know. Look its really creepy so far because of the darker part of this man and what he's doing contrasting to such a happy place man. It's pretty enjoyable so far. I'mma keep watching and drinking.
    Last edited by Brad; 09-19-2017 at 05:30 PM.