Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intern Moderator ELECTIONS!

Poles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Intern Moderator ELECTIONS!

Yup, that's how this is going to be decided.

Until Friday (whenever I get home), the former intern moderators can post here about what they managed to accomplish as intern moderators, and why they should be a permanent mod. I trust you guys not to go out of hand, but obviously, anything that breaks a rule is not allowed here. While constructive criticism of other interns is allowed, the focus should be on selling yourself.

On Friday, the "debate" portion of this will be over, and the voting will begin. Staff and members alike (obviously not the former interns) can send me 1-3 people they believe deserve to be a permanent moderator out of the 4. To prevent biased voting, you must type up a reason for why you are voting for the person you are voting for.

Whenever I decide to end the voting, the two interns who received the most votes will be promoted to permanent mods. Good luck to all!

I'm hoping that explained everything, but if you have any questions, please ask :D

rangernumberx's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    Well, first of all, thank you again to all of the mods who decided to take me on as one of the first intern mods. If anybody has any questions they would like to directly ask me, just tell me somewhere and I will answer it in here.

Well, I was quick to get on the job as moderator, within the first 24 hours having completely updated the name change list, and regularly updating it when a new name change took place, showing how quick I am to get to my duties and how I sustain them. And, I will admit, I made a couple of mistakes, such as deleting a spambot's thread and asking the next mod online to delete the actual account in the chat, instead of in the mod tower. However, I can attest that I have learnt from my mistakes and will not make them again. As can be seen in the mod log, early on I was able to point out that a new member had links in his sig that made him out to be an ad bot, getting Polar to delete his account before it could cause any sort of havoc on the forum, earning me brownie points, according to Polar.

This is all without mentioning my forum presence, how I'm almost always online, constantly partaking in threads, and always offering my opinion and advice when asked. All in all, I'm just your friendly neighborhood Englishman who wants the best for the forum. Don't let the brownie points go to waste! Vote Ranger!

I will now take any questions you may have, and I would like to preemptively thank each and every one of you who even considers to choose me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    I once heard Ranger was a legend.
    Now I can confirm Ranger is a legend.

Turtlesauce's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    @Ranger what's one thing you want to change about the forum? And do you think you can do it?

P.S. I'll be the one asking all the Interns questions
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I will delete this forum.

Out of this great learning experience, one thing has stood out to me above all else: the Mods allowed me to be an Intern, even with my past transgressions, and I am very grateful for that. As for why I feel I would make a great permanent Mod:

Much like Ranger, I took the updating of the OP in the name change thread upon myself. I would edit it after every few name changes, but of course Adonis did so when he got the chance as well so I can't take all of the credit. Still, I was consistent in doing so when it fell upon me.

I also feel that I have brought about a couple of key changes/edits. Yes, the moving of Royales from Forum Games to Forum Fan Fictions was originally my suggestion, but the majority of the Mods also agreed with it as well. Please don't see that as a change made solely on my own without consulting the others. Either way, I believe the change was much needed. Even though Royales have been treated as games for a long while, that doesn't change the fact that they aren't games. The only one participating in them is the original creator, apart from the beginning where everyone can choose a fighter and sometimes arenas. Note that this does not mean I find them any less enjoyable than forum games; I really do love them and I'm happy to be a part of them.

In addition, I also created a Master Thread for some of the games that some of us enjoy playing together on this forum that can be played on other sites. I'll admit, the list needs to be updated as I just discovered the joys of Town of Salem and Jackbox. Another change I made, albeit a minor one, is that along with your cake day, you can also now have a special name change on your birthday.

Finally, I have been a very active forum member, and some of you can attest that I am on during "odd hours." For example, I moved all of the Royales from Forum Games to Forum Fan Fictions during the middle of the night. Time is not a restraint for me.

This is my reasoning for why I should be a permanent Mod. I take charge when I need to, but I never do anything without consulting the Mods, plus I'm around for a large portion of the day and some times after midnight. Really though, I'm happy to have had this opportunity in the first place. Thank you.
    Last edited by Faker; 12-02-2015 at 03:57 PM.
    Watch Magical Girl Raising Project. Just do it.

rangernumberx's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    The obvious thing to say in this scenario would be to increase activity, which, to be brutally honest, is probably not something I can do on my own. What can I do for the benefit of the forum, however? Well, besides from be an early morning moderator, I can honestly say that I'm not sure what I can do on my own. That's not to say I can't do anything, though, and this is the key point: The moderators are a team. While they all have individual powers and they get on well enough with them, when they are unsure how to use their powers they confer. When a rule is brought up they discuss it's implications and it's limitations in order to come up with the best possible solution. If another decision is made, be it moving the Battle Royales to a different section or something much more major, I can guarantee you I will give my all to come up with the best solution and to help in any way I can, on and off the forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    I once heard Ranger was a legend.
    Now I can confirm Ranger is a legend.

Turtlesauce's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    @Monokuma what is, in your opinion, more important as a mod? Being active and friendly, or being just and looking to always change the forum?
    I will delete this forum.

GonadTheNomad's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    Well, I honestly had a rather mundane stint as an intern. (Oh by the way thanks for the opportunity to even do it gaiz.) However, with what time I did spend, I did things on the repertoire of being a permanent one. I updated the (Dead at the time.) much in need of updating OP of the REWF thread, and problem solved (Thanks Pol.) when the character limit meant we battled too much on this here site. I found a spambot and, as put by a former mod who had found a bot after leaving the position, "headbutted my keyboard and pretended to do something" until the permamods logged on and checked the mod tower. I also took the time to review the rules (Admittedly upon realizing my knowledge of how the bumping rule the mods seem fond of ridding of worked.) to make sure I used my Great power to fulfill my responsibilities to my fullest ability.

Of course, I should be fair to myself and the other interns and admit I did little to change the status quo for the better. (Unless you count incidentally re-sparking the necrobump rule discussion to a limited point by being unsure of whether something violated it, and whether to enforce it.) Honestly, the changing of the status quo was little done by me and my fellow intern in that month, Ranger. However, what we didn't do to seek out improvable flaws in the architecture of this forum, (Hue wordplay)
    I'd say we did just as well by in being vigilantly observant when we were on, (Ranger's cookies aren't mine to see, nor are we often on for great lengths simultaneously, but Ranger's ubiquity in the various sections, and the fact that I make sure I've manually read every section, thread, and new blog until the forum is left void of content new to me, seems quite vigilant to me.) and we never hesitated to deliberate with our superiors in going about tasks more strenuous than updating OP's.

So, basically, while I wasn't myself the chief reason we made some big improvement to the way we organized topics and threads or made a really useful one of either, I did keep the same what I felt the most useful of my qualities to be a good mod; vigilance and communication.
    Spoiler: 

Act uqa wa it
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by “Adonis”
    Act
    uqa
    wa
    it
    Gonad has no nads pass it on!!!!11!

Hello friends,

So I have to give you guys reasons as to why I should be promoted to a full-time mod. Well, let me start off by saying that im horrible with words, so this won't be as well written as that of the other interns.
    With that said, when I came back as a redemption runner, I didnt expect to ever be active again, My reputation was tarnished, there were some members I was sure would never talk to me again. I didnt expect this site to throw itself straight into my daily life again, but it did, and when intern applications came around, I wanted to submit one so badly, I wanted to apply, I wanted to get accepted, and I wanted to help. But I was reluctant. This was based on the fact that I thought it was ridiculous that I would ever be accepted, as I had been a perma-banned member not too long ago. But a member, Saiya, talked me into it, convinced me I would be a great mod, as I had told her about some of my ideas for the site in the past. So I sent my application in, and when I was accepted, I came in prepared to push for those ideas.

The first thing I did as an intern, was make a central hub for people to request thread deletions and editings. It was a great idea in my opinion, and others agreed. Although it hasnt been used yet, which is actually a good thing, because people havent been giving up on their threads or anything, so yay.

The second thing I did, was push for a donation and incentive program. Myself and some of the mods came to a basic agreement on prizes based on donation amount, in fact the only piece missing to the puzzle was how to get the money to Rob, and how to make sure people would get their incentives promptly, without us giving rewards to those who lied about donating. (This is an issue primarily because Rob isnt around enough to confirm that the donations went through)

I wanted to help, I still do, I constantly come up with Ideas, and I want to contribute them to this website, and to help that to become a reality, I had to make my intern modship look more impressive. I camped out in the name change thread, waiting for people to change names that way I could post in the mod logs. Now of course there's nothing wrong with that, I just wanted to say something about it. I still did regular mod things when I was needed, such as deleting B.S.B's gamertags from the thread within a few minutes of his initial request.

With the wave of activity that's bound to come once ERB makes it's return, you need me as a moderator here, and I think that shows in my internship and this whole manifesto itself. The fact that I went from banned to intern, proves that i've matured. My intern modship proves that I wasnt lying about my application, and that I would be a great full time moderator. So please, vote for me to be a permanent mod, because even though it sounds cliche, I want to help make this forum the best it can be.
    Last edited by aDONIS; 12-02-2015 at 09:04 PM. Reason: forgot a letter :3
    So no one told you life was gonna be this way.

Poles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I can end this early if everyone's done.

Administrator

Blog Entries
    - As a newer member, what is something key that I should know, from the four of you, that shows why you would make a great moderator? This could range from past experiences on the forum, to personality traits that would give you the edge over your opposition.

- As someone who has been a moderator on other forums, I've seen people come on, get put up for Modship, and utterly tank after being promoted, since the "Hard part" of the process was already over, and they had the position. As a newer set of eyes, what can you tell me to convince me that you wouldn't do the same?

- If you get promoted to full Moderator, what will be your key focus on the forum, that sets you apart from the rest of the staff? What sort of projects or focal points have you set your sights on?

- In your own words, tell me what an "Great Moderator" is. What type of characteristics must they posses? Do you truly believe you fulfill this description?

- If you were in the position of our current Mods, who had to pick two of you to promote, what two Interns would you put up for permanent Modship, and why? (This can include yourself)

Clarification: Ranger requested I specify what I meant by "tanked". Basically, they got the promotion, and that was it. They came on, occasionally, but didn't really do anything Mod-related. In their eyes, they got the position they wanted, so that was all they had to do. Tanked = Got the position, but didn't do anything at all.
    Last edited by Spookiz; 12-03-2015 at 02:58 PM.
    Your friendly neighborhood Dadministrator

Got a question? Just need someone to chat with? Drop me a PM!

Stuff:
    Spoiler: 
    Forum Awards:
    Spoiler: 

September 2014 Member of the Month
    December 2014 Member of the Month
    ERBoH.com's 2014 Artist of the Year
    ERBoH.com's 2014 Member of the Year
    February 2016 Member of the Month
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Staff Member of the Year
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Chatter of the Year
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Most Active User of the Year
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Best Meme of the Year (SEX PONIES)
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Best REWF of the Year (Juiz vs Helioptle)
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Spammer of the Year
    ERBoH.com's 2016 Best Username of the Year (Hugh Mungus)

le epic maymays xdd:
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Is Juiz darth vader? i hope so because that means he gets to be a dad

This isn't the first time Juiz has given Sane a forced analysis pounding and it won't be the last.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samilton View Post
    juiz is a revolutionary
    get cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by Samilton
    They're called Japanese people, Juiz

Quote Originally Posted by Gika
    The fiirst rule of ERBOH.com is: You do not tell Juiz what to do.
    The second rule of ERBOH.com is: You DO NOT tell Juiz what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sans
    do you have a moment to hear about our lord and savior juizus
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    sorry polar, im a moderator of the people

and the people say you suck
    Quote Originally Posted by sane View Post
    "Don't be such a pussy Sam." shouted Juiz, the big, strong, captivating godly man that he was.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowNerd View Post
    I love juiz more than his girlfriend does
    Quote Originally Posted by sane View Post
    My name is Sane, and this is my buddy Juiz, we're kind of a big deal and we can kick a lot of ass and love Wonderwall.
    Quote Originally Posted by sane
    this forum is dead and I am the necrophiliac who will fuck it back to life
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Juiz, you are truly the Shakespeare of our time. I laughed. I cried. I gave up red meat. Thank you, you beautiful bright ray of freedom in this otherwise fascist community. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumbo
    This forum needs a good return to fascism