Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Movie Review Thread

Hound's Avatar Tao of Blue
    Blog Entries

Movie Review Thread

When you watch a movie just post your reveiw of it here. Uhh Yea. But write it like this

EXAMPLE:
    Star Wars: Rouge One
    8/10
    It was pretty dank
    Spoiler: 

Poles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Interesting idea seems quick enough
    I wonder who'll do this
    I guess I will once I see a movie

Lohuydahutt's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I'll bite.

I watched Hidden Figures two days ago.

7/10, great message, surely inspirational for some. However, as a standalone movie I did not really like how it was written. It felt like every other piece of dialogue was trying to make some super meaningful statement that everything just sounded unnatural.

EDIT: anddddddd I watched Moonlight today.

9/10, the movie just flew right by in spite of the not particularly exciting premise of it. It's kind of similar to Hidden Figures in the sense that it highlights the kind of person that normally gets ignored/marginalized but it actually does so with natural sounding dialogue. Much more insightful that way tbh.
    Last edited by Lohuydahutt; 01-14-2017 at 10:42 PM.

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

I am PolarBore's official Assistant Mangager (again)

Blog Entries
    Since i'm on my February vaction from school i have been watching a lot of movies from my Netflix list here are the revews

Boyhood 6/10
    It was enjoyible but something crazy would happen then they would never go back to that and fast foward 3 yrs.

Countdown 4/10
    The only good thing is that dolph did the superkick to somebody.

Kung Fu Panda 3 5/10
    Gorgeous partsb during the movie especially the start and the end villan was actually great.

True Memoris Of an internatiol Agent *Netflix Original 7/10

Really liked it great action kevin james can actually do some action scenes some parts a got lost at but yea
    Spoiler: 

Blog Entries
    Lego Batman Movie is everything I've ever needed and more 9.5/10

Mike Hat's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    La La Land: 9/10

It's not the most original, groundbreaking movie, but damn if it doesn't do a good job with what it does. There hasn't been a high profile musical movie since, what, Chicago? La La Land fills that gap and does a tremendous job. Gosling and Stone have amazing chemistry, and they actually sing a lot better than I thought they would. They're a great couple, with very different aspirations that serve as a great way to drive their relationship forward. It's a very well made movie - great sound design, great casting, great script, great pacing - and that more than makes up for its unoriginality.

Split: 6/10

An actually thrilling movie from M Night Shaymalan. I think I wanted to like this movie more than I did, but it was still reasonably good. James McAvoy really makes this movie what it is. He does a very good job coming across as unhinged and damaged. The other major actors aren't terrible by any means, but they aren't exactly memorable either. The plot was decently suspenseful if a little by the numbers insofar as "people kidnapped by a psychopath" plots go. The little "wink wink nudge nudge" part at the end of the movie was actually pretty cool; my only complaint with that is that people who haven't seen the movie it's referencing won't get the twist. Other than that, it's pretty decent all around. Pretty entertaining for a suspense movie if you're a big fan and you want to see them all, but I'm not sure if I can say I really recommend it fully, necessarily.

Who won?

Spoiler: 
    Bill O'Reilly
    Hitler
    Abraham Lincoln
    Sarah Palin
    Kim Jong-il
    Beethoven
    Einstein
    Genghis Khan
    Bonaparte
    Benjamin Franklin
    Dumbledore
    Dr. Seuss
    Mr. T
    Columbus
    EpicLloyd
    Hitler
    Master Chief
    Wright Bros
    Elvis Presley
    Marilyn Monroe
    Steve Jobs
    Freddie Mercury
    Barack Obama
    Doc Brown
    Clint Eastwood
    Sherlock Holmes
    Moses
    Eve
    Gandhi
    Edison
    Babe Ruth
    Mozart
    Gorbachev
    Darth Vader
    Al Capone
    Joan of Arc
    Bob Ross
    Michael Jordan
    JP Morgan
    Rick Grimes
    Superman
    Stephen King
    Sir Isaac Newton
    William Wallace
    Artists
    Stay Puft
    Bonnie and Clyde
    Zeus
    Hannibal Lecter
    Oprah Winfrey
    Quentin Tarantino
    Lewis and Clark
    David Copperfield
    RoboCop
    Eastern Philosophers (Confucius)
    Julius Caesar
    Stan Lee
    Boba Fett
    JRR Tolkien
    Gordon Ramsay
    Frederick Douglass
    Sean Connery
    Bruce Banner
    Frederick the Great
    Donald Trump
    Charles Darwin
    Wonder Woman
    Tony Hawk
    Theodore Roosevelt
    EpicLLOYD

Blog Entries
    So I just watched La La Land. I don't really disagree with anything Sanic said but as a pure enjoyment rating I'd say more like an 8/10. Didn't really do anything wrong in particular but I've never been huge on musicals to begin with rip. The ending was beautiful though.

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Blog Entries
    The Lego Batman Movie
    10/10
    It was fucking fantastic i went in with low expectations and it blew me away lol i love this movie so funny there was an awesome MARVEL joke loved it there are so many weird characters in the film witch is great and great refrences Best joker since Heath Ledger seriously only gripe about it is that the flash Wasnt In the movie a lot and orca anyways GO WATCH IT.
    Last edited by Hound; 02-21-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    Spoiler: 

Blog Entries
    Fateful Findings 2/10 but enjoyable

Blog Entries
    Welp, just saw Get Out, my first movie of 2017 that's actually like, from 2017 kek. And... yeah that was a great fucking film. If you treat it purely as a horror movie, it was sort of typical in its general set up of "slowly getting creepier and creepier until we get a really crazy climax." However, it was much more than a standard horror movie. The premise is pretty fucking unique for a horror film (I think so any way, maybe someone could pull some shit out from the 1980s that proves me wrong but I don't know about it). And the execution was just so fucking good. It was just genuinely unsettling, and I especially liked how the creepiness felt like stuff that could actually happen (at the beginning any way). Lots of nice subtle details, great acting, and just a genuinely intelligent story in spite of that probably not being commonplace in its genre(s). So yeah, I'd be surprised if I ended up liking another movie more than this this year, but who knowssssssssss.

9.5/10

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: