Thread: Alternate History

Noremac2100's Avatar 2016 Artist of the Year
    Blog Entries

Alternate History

Hey everyone,

Since the rap battles are starting back up and we seem to be coming back I decided to throw something out there and seeing what sticks. Since I have almost completed my journey to become a history teacher I thought what might be fun is to create an alternate history of the world. I have some ideas but I figured what would be more fun is having everyone on the forum have some sort of say in this alternate history timeline. I can create polls about scenarios or decisions to determine our alternate history of the world. We have a lot of potential point of differences we can go off of. I'll list some below and if you all have any more I can add it here and we can vote which one we would like to explore. My idea is as we vote and determine what we want to see, I will create a narrative chain that tells the story of our alternate history. Heck I'd be open to having more input with members writing "primary sources" for some of our events. I'd also like to keep it more based in reality (i.e. no what if zombies or aliens) as it is a little harder for me to predict or assess how history would have turned out in fantasy situations like that. Anyway let me know what you all think.

If we do a scenario like Rome never falls we can also create new characters that may not have existed and that could be a lot fun too.

As far as potential scenarios, we can focus on one to begin with but then we may find that the scenarios trigger other scenarios. So if we start with the South winning the Civil War then it would change the outcome of WW1 potentially.

Potential Scenarios:
    1. Changing the outcome of a war (Revolutionary war, Civil War, WW1, WW2, 1812, Cold War, Franco-Prussian War, Russian Rev.)
    2. New War (i.e. WW3)
    3. The United States takes Von Stuben's idea to bring Prince Henry of Prussia to be U.S. king
    4. Rome never falls
    5. Third Rome
    6. Avoiding Assassinations (Lincoln, Kennedy, Franz Ferdinand)
    7. Assassination attempts succeeds (Hitler, FDR, De Gaulle, Andrew Jackson)
    8. Balkanized America
    9. Monarchism doesn't fall
    10. Alternate Cold War (Democratic Capitalism vs other ideology)
    11. Alternate Presidents (What if Stephen Douglas won, What if Walt Disney was President, What if America was more progressive?)
    12. What if the nuclear bombs failed? -YN
    13. What if vikings conquered Europe? -Turtlesauce
    14. King Poland doesn't fuck up- Kubby
    I do have a rough idea for the timeline of scenario #3 though with your guys' input it can change. I stole some ideas from timelines that already existed and expanded on them further.
    Last edited by Noremac2100; 12-06-2018 at 04:46 AM.

"There is only one difference between a madman and me.
    I am not mad."

"It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself."

"I'm so accustomed to being alone."

YellowNerd's Avatar More Blonde in your Movie
    Blog Entries
    Whoa, This is gonna be interesting! What if the Hiroshima and nagasaki bombs were duds, Would be an interesting one

Turtlesauce's Avatar 2016 Writer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    I think a "What if the Vikings conquered all of Europe?" would be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I will delete this forum.

Moonjik's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    Have you checked out the Alternate History forum? I read that quite a lot. Really interesting stuff
    But,░in░truth,░I░have░wept░too░much!░Dawns░are░hea rtbreaking.
    Ξvery░moon░is░atrocious░and░every░sun░bitter. (ュ だ  どいロリラ威萎虞う ャイ意営縁ぇヵ)

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz
    moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

Noremac2100's Avatar 2016 Artist of the Year
    Blog Entries
    I have! That is what partially inspired this actually. I like to lurk on the Alt history forum but I get rather annoyed with some members. Some people ask "What if x happened?" and people reply with "it would be impossible for x to happen." It's like: "no shit x couldn't happen because it didn't happen. He was asking what if."

"There is only one difference between a madman and me.
    I am not mad."

"It is not necessary for the public to know whether I am joking or whether I am serious, just as it is not necessary for me to know it myself."

"I'm so accustomed to being alone."

Kubby's Avatar Lifetime of Green
    Blog Entries
    So, once, Poland actually went and conquered Moscow. And then our king at the time decided to go and fuck it up by declaring himself the tsar instead of letting his more supported son be one.

What if he didn't fuck it up?