Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine vs Freddy Krueger Discussion

Angemon44's Avatar Tao of Blue
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Wax is gonna be Freddy
    Seraph away

Katz's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    I'm positive this won't be a Lloyd vs. Peter battle. I think it'll be Lloyd Wolverine vs. a guest Krueger. Call me crazy, but I've never been opposed to this matchup. Also, I found the bonus battle to be better than like all of Season 5 so I think now is the best time to do popular suggestions that people are iffy on. I don't think they'll ruin another huge suggestion like this after the Ash vs. Darwin fiasco.
    Hey, I'm Katz, and I'm a former Global Moderator! Always here to talk! If you haven't already, register an account!

In my island of dreams, you are with me it seems

Samos's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm positive this won't be a Lloyd vs. Peter battle. I think it'll be Lloyd Wolverine vs. a guest Krueger. Call me crazy, but I've never been opposed to this matchup. Also, I found the bonus battle to be better than like all of Season 5 so I think now is the best time to do popular suggestions that people are iffy on. I don't think they'll ruin another huge suggestion like this after the Ash vs. Darwin fiasco.
    What exactly do you mean by "Ash vs. Darwin fiasco"? There were a couple vocal opponents here on the forum, but there was no significant pushback in the comments section, and the like-to-dislike ratio wasn't noticeably worse than what ERB usually gets.

I also don't really see Wolverine vs. Krueger as an especially "popular" suggestion. I don't think I'd ever even seen it before Lloyd mentioned that he liked it.

If you want me to review something of yours, click me.
    Spoiler: 

We're all humans, we all make mistakes, but try to always keep the site rules in mind..

Things on here I found funny:
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambama
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    wumbo write anotherfanfic now
    have nice peter come in
    "it's nice peter bitches"
    ""and i'm going to give you all my NICE PETER"
    and then peter visits the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by zyroda View Post
    there was a girl though once she told me she loved me she used to tell me that all the time
    she had this really adorable dog
    it was a boxer and it used to bark really loudly and throw howls in the night and never shut up and it kept her up and night before the big final exam

and i just wanted her to do well on her exam so i shot the dog
    and all of a sudden im a bad guy

and you don't love me anymore

i'm so sorry i guess i never ever do a damn thing right

everybody thinks i'm gonna cause problems

nobody wants me with them cause they think i'm gonna do all this weird stuff that's gonna cause problems
    Quote Originally Posted by TDFE Confessional
    Quote Originally Posted by GonadtheNomad
    SENT
    lies
    i never lie
    Honest Wumbabe
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRapz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Gogos are not 4 year old toys, they're a choking hazard.
    You Know What Else Is A Choking Hazard? My Penis. So you Better Stop Sucking On it So hard, Four Year Old. Make A New Thread For your Spam, You Stupid Bitch. We Try To have Fun Here. And Don't Jump On me About MLP, You Stupid little Fuck. Like YN Said, Go Get Tested Or Some Shit. I'm Tired Of Putting Up With You. Pie Licking Bitch, Go Shove A Pickle up Your Ass. Better Yet, A Banana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambaba
    http://aattp.org/conservative-christian-rewrote-harry-potter-so-her-kids-wont-turn-into-witches/
    I'm not reading past the title

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.

Katz's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HipsterSamuel View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "Ash vs. Darwin fiasco"? There were a couple vocal opponents here on the forum, but there was no significant pushback in the comments section, and the like-to-dislike ratio wasn't noticeably worse than what ERB usually gets.

I also don't really see Wolverine vs. Krueger as an especially "popular" suggestion. I don't think I'd ever even seen it before Lloyd mentioned that he liked it.
    I've definitely seen it (the suggestion of Wolverine vs. Krueger) in the different comment sections a looooooooooooooooooooot over the years. It's not one of the mega suggestions, but it's definitely one of the most popular ones I've seen that hasn't had either of its opponents used.

Maybe the Ash vs. Darwin perspective has shifted, but I definitely saw a fair amount of backlash when it came out, more than warranted by the average battle. From my (heavily Pokemon biased) perspective, it was a major letdown, especially for what was arguably the most suggested battle there ever was.
    Hey, I'm Katz, and I'm a former Global Moderator! Always here to talk! If you haven't already, register an account!

In my island of dreams, you are with me it seems

Umbreon's Avatar 2016 Gamer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    *Tries to restrain myself from screaming about how awful ash vs darwin is to me*

Im not opposed to Wolverine vs Freddy, personally. Wolverine vs Deadpool would be cool since they have similar powers and ones more basass and the other goofy and such, but deadpool's already used so xP
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Hi, im Chris! I also go by Umbreon, Jira, Jirachi, and Mimikyu :3

Latest ERBOF - Gunnut vs Lawl
    Latest Album Review - Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade
    Latest Game Review - Pokemon Sun: Final Thoughts

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon View Post
    *Tries to restrain myself from screaming about how awful ash vs darwin is to me*

Im not opposed to Wolverine vs Freddy, personally. Wolverine vs Deadpool would be cool since they have similar powers and ones more basass and the other goofy and such, but deadpool's already used so xP
    Why is Ash vs Darwin so bad to you ?
    Seraph away

Umbreon's Avatar 2016 Gamer of the Year
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Angemon44 View Post
    Why is Ash vs Darwin so bad to you ?
    Explained it before but

Pokemon has so much to work with but they didn't use any of it to their advantage. They barely reference anything past gen 1 outside of there being a picture of Alolan Exeggutor in the background, there are garbage lines like REESEEEZ PEESEEEEZ, the ending line wants to be a "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH HHH FUCK HE SAID IT" line but it isn't that great, it just feels like they looked at pokemon for 3 seconds and said "ok lets just do it whatever". Normally i wouldn't mind this as much since i don't expect them to spend hours and hours researching pokemon on a deep level, but they had someone help them that IS a huge pokemon fan and DOES know tons about pokemon, and even told them things they could reference that'd please fans and such and they just....chose not to do it. The beats okay, the costumes are alright, its just for a battle this popularly suggested, for a battle where both parties have tons to work with, for a battle where they pretty much had a pokemon encyclopedia of knowledge at their disposal, the battle is a major let down and just feels like, like i said, they looked at pokemon for 20 seconds and said "oh charizard and a pikachu and things like that ok" and wrote a battle. Hell, there's a demo that the person who helped with pokemon facts did to show to pete and lloyd as sort of a reference for what the battle could be and it is 10 times better than Ash vs Darwin that we got. Pokemon as a series has SO SO SO much to work with, so many details you could poke fun at, so many puns you could do, so many disses, so many creative things you can do with it but no its just "lol pikachu exists and charizard exists look we referenced the old man glitch we know what we're talking about" shit. its not the worst battle, and not even the worst from season 5 (Douglas vs Jefferson or Banner vs Jenner are probably much worse on a technical level), but this is, in my opinion, the battle that annoys me the most and 100% my least favorite battle in the series. Iv'e seen fan battles made with a 2 cent budget thats two twelve year olds on their shitty mic that are better than this on a reference and material level.
    Spoiler: 

If you wanna put me in a fic or something, you may! Just let me know so I can read it when it comes out

Hi, im Chris! I also go by Umbreon, Jira, Jirachi, and Mimikyu :3

Latest ERBOF - Gunnut vs Lawl
    Latest Album Review - Rock Sound Presents: The Black Parade
    Latest Game Review - Pokemon Sun: Final Thoughts

Stuff im a part of:

Erbof!

Reviews!

Moonjik's Avatar Fine Red Wine
    Blog Entries
    This matchup disgusts me, I hope whoever is responsible for it hangs their head in shame
    But,░in░truth,░I░have░wept░too░much!░Dawns░are░hea rtbreaking.
    Ξvery░moon░is░atrocious░and░every░sun░bitter. (ュ だ  どいロリラ威萎虞う ャイ意営縁ぇヵ)

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz
    moon you're hurting me in ways you'll never even know. lets do that suicide, buddy.

sane's Avatar A Beautiful Sunset at Noon
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't care I'll take any ERB they do and critique it as such

Quote Originally Posted by Juiz View Post
    Good job Sane. You killed the forum.

Blog Entries
    image.jpg This looks very much like Freddy's glove but without the knives, what do you guys think?
    Seraph away