• George Carlin's bits are the tits!

0 0%
  • Richard Pryor spit flames!

0 0%
  • Bill Cosby(???)

1 6.67%
  • Joan Rivers washed them out!

7 46.67%
  • Robin Williams gave me what I was wishing for!

7 46.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: George Carlin vs Richard Pryor Discussion

Katz's Avatar Ladybug Pajamas
    Blog Entries
    That was... I mean it was pretty alright. No reason to use Carlin if he's going to be a Carlin information machine with no attempt to embody his energy, Pryor was very good and had some really clever lines, Joan was probably the best female verse in an ERB and one of the strong points of this battle, and Robin's verse felt kinda pointless but I loved Lloyd's impression so it gets my stamp of approval. Overall I'm not as enthralled as I once was but this season is shaping up to be better than the one before it and that's all that matters to me.

Also the Cosby part was whack. Like I knew what was coming, but it felt weird to have him so involved to have like a messy semi-verse that disrupted the flow of the battle. I would've rather gave him a whole verse before getting drugged or have him not in the battle at all over what we did get, I cannot think of a clunkier moment in an ERB honestly.
    Hey, I'm Katz, and I'm a former Global Moderator! Always here to talk! If you haven't already, register an account!

In my island of dreams, you are with me it seems

YellowNerd's Avatar More Blonde in your Movie
    Blog Entries
    This has got to be a battle that i legit have no idea who any of the rappers are (except for yknow the Genie himself) but other than that i was completely lost in this battle

I cant' judge if ti's good or not but i'll give it a meh

Samos's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    I loved how they handled Cosby, I thought it was the funniest and best way they could've handled it. I wouldn't have wanted to see an entire Cosby verse, it would have just been uncomfortable at this point.

I think this is probably the best of the season, and that it was done really well.

If you want me to review something of yours, click me.
    Spoiler: 

We're all humans, we all make mistakes, but try to always keep the site rules in mind..

Things on here I found funny:
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambama
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    wumbo write anotherfanfic now
    have nice peter come in
    "it's nice peter bitches"
    ""and i'm going to give you all my NICE PETER"
    and then peter visits the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Wumbo
    Quote Originally Posted by zyroda View Post
    there was a girl though once she told me she loved me she used to tell me that all the time
    she had this really adorable dog
    it was a boxer and it used to bark really loudly and throw howls in the night and never shut up and it kept her up and night before the big final exam

and i just wanted her to do well on her exam so i shot the dog
    and all of a sudden im a bad guy

and you don't love me anymore

i'm so sorry i guess i never ever do a damn thing right

everybody thinks i'm gonna cause problems

nobody wants me with them cause they think i'm gonna do all this weird stuff that's gonna cause problems
    Quote Originally Posted by TDFE Confessional
    Quote Originally Posted by GonadtheNomad
    SENT
    lies
    i never lie
    Honest Wumbabe
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRapz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Gogos are not 4 year old toys, they're a choking hazard.
    You Know What Else Is A Choking Hazard? My Penis. So you Better Stop Sucking On it So hard, Four Year Old. Make A New Thread For your Spam, You Stupid Bitch. We Try To have Fun Here. And Don't Jump On me About MLP, You Stupid little Fuck. Like YN Said, Go Get Tested Or Some Shit. I'm Tired Of Putting Up With You. Pie Licking Bitch, Go Shove A Pickle up Your Ass. Better Yet, A Banana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambaba
    http://aattp.org/conservative-christian-rewrote-harry-potter-so-her-kids-wont-turn-into-witches/
    I'm not reading past the title

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.

Spars's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    Very disappointing IMO. There were just no hard hitting lines outside of Rivers. It's not that it's bad, it just kinda exists in the same realm as Artists vs TMNT as worse than their concept would suggest.

Spoiler: 

Thanks peeps <3333

I thought it was solid. Both Rivers’ and William’s verses I thought were pretty good and top notch. Carlin and Pryor were decent, not bad in my opinion but not particularly good either. Just sort of average. The Cosby part was also “meh” to me. Didn’t really care for it either way. Overall a solid battle. I wouldn’t say my favorite battle of the season so far, but not my least favorite either.

Also, did no one else notice Steve Irwin at the very end of the battle. Like literally the very end after all the Patreon names?
    Last edited by Straw Hats; 07-14-2019 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straw Hats View Post
    Also, did no one else notice Steve Irwin at the very end of the battle. Like literally the very end after all the Patreon names?
    I think everyone did!

Samos's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    I like all of the verses in this battle, but I do say I kinda wish more of the battle, and really more of the season, was written the way Rivers' verse was written. I think Carlin, Pryor, and Williams all had some clever lines and sounded good, probably moreso than Rivers, but Rivers' verse was just chock full of really strong, biting insults, which has always been the real draw of the series in my mind. I felt especially with the first two battles of the season that they were starting to prioritize flow a little more than the actual impact of the insults. This battle and the last one are more my kind of battle, but there still could be a little more in this one.

If you want me to review something of yours, click me.
    Spoiler: 

We're all humans, we all make mistakes, but try to always keep the site rules in mind..

Things on here I found funny:
    Spoiler: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambama
    wumbo write anotherfanfic now
    have nice peter come in
    "it's nice peter bitches"
    ""and i'm going to give you all my NICE PETER"
    and then peter visits the forum
    Quote Originally Posted by zyroda View Post
    there was a girl though once she told me she loved me she used to tell me that all the time
    she had this really adorable dog
    it was a boxer and it used to bark really loudly and throw howls in the night and never shut up and it kept her up and night before the big final exam

and i just wanted her to do well on her exam so i shot the dog
    and all of a sudden im a bad guy

and you don't love me anymore

i'm so sorry i guess i never ever do a damn thing right

everybody thinks i'm gonna cause problems

nobody wants me with them cause they think i'm gonna do all this weird stuff that's gonna cause problems
    Quote Originally Posted by TDFE Confessional
    Quote Originally Posted by GonadtheNomad
    SENT
    lies
    i never lie
    Honest Wumbabe
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperRapz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Gogos are not 4 year old toys, they're a choking hazard.
    You Know What Else Is A Choking Hazard? My Penis. So you Better Stop Sucking On it So hard, Four Year Old. Make A New Thread For your Spam, You Stupid Bitch. We Try To have Fun Here. And Don't Jump On me About MLP, You Stupid little Fuck. Like YN Said, Go Get Tested Or Some Shit. I'm Tired Of Putting Up With You. Pie Licking Bitch, Go Shove A Pickle up Your Ass. Better Yet, A Banana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambaba
    http://aattp.org/conservative-christian-rewrote-harry-potter-so-her-kids-wont-turn-into-witches/
    I'm not reading past the title

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Let no man pull you low enough to hate him.

kinda surprised most people seem to be disappointed with this one. I'm not even a huge fan of these characters and I was still very impressed with this one. if they had Zack Sherwin as Seinfeld it honestly would have been perfect

I wouldn't have wanted Cosby to have a full verse. this is really the only way they could have handled it, and its way funnier this way

Joan Rivers was probably my favourite rapper

also Steve Irwin hype
    Last edited by Justinian I; 07-14-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Poles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I liked it, I didn't feel like the first two verses had much substance tho

Been waiting for this since the Patreon writer's room about it. I'm super happy with how it turned out, especially Joan Rivers and Robin Williams.