Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ERBOH.com Nomic

Lohuydahutt's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Wait, by buying out does that mean giving some of your own points to them?

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

I am PolarBore's official Assistant Mangager (again)

YellowNerd's Avatar More Blonde in your Movie
    Blog Entries
    More like giving up your points for a non-player vote

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm not sure what kind of situation I'd actually want to use that, but I don't see a problem with it.

Aye.

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

Spars's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    I say no because I see an easy issue with this. If the penalty is less than 16 points, then you should say yes every time because you'll earn more points back by succeeding in the proposal. If the penalty is more than 16 points, then it's just not worth it. And if it's exactly 16 points, then it's basically just a way to add a rule with no reward or punishment.

Willing to have my mind changed though.

Spoiler: 

Thanks peeps <3333

KnotPoles's Avatar Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    im cool with yn's proposal

Kubby's Avatar Lifetime of Green
    Blog Entries
    OK, I'll put it down as follows:

If a vote ends in a tie, a player can spend X points for the proposal to gain a vote for or against it.

Object if you think that phrasing changes the meaning of the proposal.
    The vote will end on 2019-07-11, on 4:07 PM Polish time.

Also, Poles' proposal has failed to pass.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Spars View Post
    I say no because I see an easy issue with this. If the penalty is less than 16 points, then you should say yes every time because you'll earn more points back by succeeding in the proposal. If the penalty is more than 16 points, then it's just not worth it. And if it's exactly 16 points, then it's basically just a way to add a rule with no reward or punishment.

Willing to have my mind changed though.
    Regarding the not-worth-it-if-it's-more-than-16-points part of your argument, I can think of an example where it would be worth it. A proposal for a rule. The rule introduces a mechanic that rewards (with points, perhaps) a skillset a particular player is good at (or thinks they're good at). Then, by buying the for-vote, that player would basically invest some of the points they have into a chance to gain more of them in the future.

There's a bigger problem with this rule. It's incomplete IMO. It's missing the most crucial part of it - the cost of the vote. Without that, we can't have a proper discussion of whether this rule is a good idea or not (unless it's supposed to be a roman numeral, in which case it definitely is not a good idea at all).

Now, if YN phrased his post something like "I will propose", "I'm going to propose", or any other phrasing that could be interpreted as him not proposing yet, I'd use my Game Mod powers to give him time to think this through. But he straight up tied my hands, he went for "I propose". That ties my hands. Now I have to put this to voting. And I have to vote nay.

Don't worry though. I have plans on how to implement it if it does end up passing.
    Last edited by Kubby; 1 Week Ago at 09:09 AM.

Kubby's Avatar Lifetime of Green
    Blog Entries
    YN, your turn is over. Let's hand it over to Spars and then we'll hand it over to Juiz.

Spars' turn ends on 2019-07-11, on 7:20 AM Polish time.

Everyone gets 5 points due to rule 4. Spars also gets 3 points due to rule 12.

Log's and YN's proposals are still in voting. (14 h left on Log's, 35 h left on YN's).

Spars's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    I propose that if you get 3 straight proposals voted in (meaning you are making good proposals and advancing the game) you get a bonus 20 points in addition to any other points that turn. If you achieve 3 straight proposals and earn the bonus points, then it starts back at 0 and you have to do 3 more in a row to get it again (rather than it continuing as 4 straight, 5 straight, 6 straight, etc).

This has to be 3 successful proposals in 3 straight turns as well, if you forfeited one of your turns for the points then that counts the same as a rejected proposal.

Spoiler: 

Thanks peeps <3333

Blog Entries
    I mean, it'd be kind of lame if people started voting nay specifically to stop people from getting points due to this, but uh... idk how much of a problem that would actually end up being. So ay I guess.

Spoiler: 
    My life story:
    Spoiler: 

Spoiler: 

YellowNerd's Avatar More Blonde in your Movie
    Blog Entries
    It's alright, It's a pass for me