Top 5 Films of Every Decade, starting with the 10s (so far), all my own personal opinion of course. This is something a lil different than normal reviews obviously. Just little brief notes to a list.

Spoiler: 
5. Her (dir. Spike Jonze) - Wrote a review on it. It's a good movie. Underrated, and one of the more underrated films in this entire post. Brilliant concept, brilliant performance from Joaquin Phoenix. Want more in depth then read my review. :D

4. Whiplash (dir. Damien Chazelle) - An actually insanely intense film. Amazingly quotable, JK Simmons' best performance ever. Characters with very impressive depth to them. Damien Chazelle's breakout film.

3. Inception (dir. Christopher Nolan) - Another great concept. Great twist on your typical heist films. A plot and ending that leaves you thinking for ages after watching. I still want to know if that damn top is still spinning...

2. Interstellar (dir. Christopher Nolan) - Back to back Nolan. The man's a great director, who knew? I honestly go back and forth between Interstellar and Inception all the damn time. If I posted this next week I might have the order reversed. However, Interstellar holds a special place in my heart as the film that has gotten the most emotion out of me, I think ever. I cried like 3 times while watching this movie, and trust me, that is a LOT of crying for me. It gave me a super duper case of existential crisis and even made me want to be an astronaut for a while. This film makes me feel things. Honestly while I'm typing this I feel like I'm convincing myself into putting it #1, but it's too late. I'll sleep on it.

1. Get Out (dir. Jordan Peele) - For more in depth read my review. :D Great concept, great burst onto the scene from both Kaluuya and Williams, as well as Peele as a director. It's a perfectly made film, which is why I gave it this spot even if it doesn't make me feel as much as Interstellar. Every single shot serves a purpose, no frame or second is wasted. You can tell Peele takes some Kubrick inspiration from that standpoint. Except he does it better. Yeah, I said it. >

HM: Into the Spider-Verse, Logan, Guardians of the Galaxy, Django Unchained

Now the 2000s:

Spoiler: 
5. The Dark Knight (dir. Christopher Nolan) - MORE Nolan. I really love Nolan if you can't tell. One of the best superhero movies of all time. The best Batman film of all time. The best villainous performance of all time by Heath Ledger. Etc. The only thing that keeps me from loving this film (and TDK trilogy in general) more is I'm really not a Bale as Batman fan. He does a great job as Bruce Wayne, but I don't like his Batman and never will. Every other thing about this film is perfect, unfortunately the Batman performance is a pretty big deal.

4. Unbreakable (dir. M. Night Shyamalan) - Possibly a bit of a curveball. The best Shyamalan film, pretty easily in my book. Though I do love Split and The Sixth Sense. Possibly the best origin story of all time. A very grounded take on the superhero genre, and great performances from Bruce Willis and Sam L. Jackson. Gotta love Mr. Glass as well. An even better origin story within the same film.

3. Catch Me If You Can (dir. Steven Spielberg) - Another curveball. My favorite Spielberg film and I don't think this is a super common opinion. Tells 2 good stories at once between Tom Hanks and Leo DiCaprio until they finally link up and the jig is up. Great performances from Hanks and DiCaprio obviously, but also Amy Adams and Christopher Walken in supporting roles. It's also an easily rewatchable film. I've seen it a billion times.

2. The Prestige (dir. Christopher Nolan) - Favorite Nolan film. It's a very smart film and one of those that gets better with every watch, which are always my favorite films. Not a moment of wasted time. It hits you over the head with it's twist the entire time yet you still don't figure it out til the end because it's so well hidden. The movie itself is an actual magic trick. Figuring out new stuff every rewatch is great.

1. Inglourious Basterds (dir. Quentin Tarantino) - One of my favorite films of all time, and my favorite Tarantino film. It's quintessential Tarantino as well, impeccable dialogue... violence and action... alternate history... etc. Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa is possibly my favorite performance of all time. The tension felt in many of the scenes are just unmatched in the movie industry. It's in my top 3 all time for a reason (but the 2 it's behind are the tops of each of the next 2 decades).

HM: Memento, Dodgeball, Zombieland

Now the 1990s:

Spoiler: 
5. The Matrix (dir. The Wachowskis) - One of the best sci-fi films of all time. Super quotable, great action scenes, some of the most famous movie moments of all time (red pill or blue pill, the leap of faith, dodging bullets, etc) the breathtaking Keanu Reeves, what's not to love?

4. Forrest Gump (dir. Robert Zemeckis) - This is some peak Tom Hanks and I love Tom Hanks. Another super quotable movie with some of the most famous movie moments of all time. A timeless classic.

3. Terminator 2: Judgement Day (dir. James Cameron) - One of the greatest action movies of all time. One of those cases of the sequel just improving on the original in every way, and the original is really really damn good. It's a better story, better action, etc. Gotta love Arnie as well.

2. The Green Mile (dir. Frank Darabont) - I love this movie. More Tom Hanks, probably my favorite actor of all time. It's a beautiful little take on a magical tale, and the story of John Coffey is so, so heartbreaking. One of those films to make me cry. It's a shame that this movie isn't even Darabont's best film adaption of a Stephen King book in the 90s that takes place in a prison...

1. The Shawshank Redemption (dir. Frank Darabont) - The greatest movie of all time in my book. Can't be beat.... at least not yet. A sad, yet uplifting story. Angering, but exciting. Amazing dialogue and has the best quotes of any movie there is. Truly great performances, especially from Morgan Freeman as Red. A great take on prison life but also the companionship formed within them. The best ending to any film ever created. GOAT.

HM: Pulp Fiction, Rush Hour, Toy Story

Finally, the 1980s cause I'm too lazy to go back any further at this point:

Spoiler: 

5. Aliens (dir. James Cameron) - There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who prefer Alien and those who prefer Aliens. I am definitely in the latter group, not that I don't like Alien. Aliens just resonated with me a lot more and still does to this day. Also one of my favorite scenes in movie history... you know the one.

4. Ghostbusters (dir. Ivan Reitman) - Ghostbusters is a classic, just some good fun and started my love affair with Bill Murray. Has the greatest original song in movie history. And you can fight me on that one Star Wars fans. Who ya gonna call?

3. The Terminator (dir. James Cameron) - Speaking of Terminator... T1 is not as good as T2 but it is still an absolutely fantastic film in every way. One of the most iconic endings of all time.

2. Back to the Future Part II (dir. Robert Zemeckis) - A great movie and a worthy sequel and 2nd entry in my favorite movie franchise of all time. Speaking of which...

1. Back to the Future (dir. Robert Zemeckis) - My 2nd favorite movie of all time behind Shawshank. The greatest sci-fi film of all time. Possibly the film that started my obsession with sci-fi. Everything about this film is a classic. It's such a fun ride and a movie that doesn't take itself too seriously but also has way more depth than a pure comedy would. Christopher Lloyd and Michael J. Fox have insane chemistry and are both perfect for their roles, as everyone knows. Tackles some very interesting plot themes with the whole Marty/Lorraine plot and what branches out from it. I love this movie and franchise!

HM: Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Shining, A Nightmare on Elm Street

Well if you made it this far thanks for reading. :D Feel free to hit me with some lists of your own!