Page 518 of 521 FirstFirst ... 18418468508516517518519520 ... LastLast
Results 5,171 to 5,180 of 5203

Thread: List of ERBoH Ideas

Otto von Bismarck vs Margaret Thatcher (Iron Chancellor vs Iron Lady) just completely blew up the comments section in the new ERB.

Yeah, I noticed that. It's strange how THAT particular matchup is showing up everywhere, but I'm down for it.
    I made "Eye of the Spider"...that's my contribution to the internet. What's yours?

Yeah, it's a really good idea (I've never disliked a world leader matchup) but I think the spamming might be getting on their nerves, haha.

So I suggested this in the new video: Sigmund Freud vs. Alex DeLarge (from "A Clockwork Orange"). I always felt that Freud would be best matched against some sort of sociopath (or somebody with a...weird mind of some sort) that he can analyze. Any modern real world psychos would probably be farther than ERB is willing to go, so I thought Alex would be both iconic enough and perfect for some Freud analysis raps...And he might even be able to analyze the VERY flawed Freud right back!

I really want to see Freud in a rap battle, I think that is a good opponent. I also like the idea of Freud vs The Joker (more Heath Ledger, less Jared Leto)
    I made "Eye of the Spider"...that's my contribution to the internet. What's yours?

I'd be down for Thatcher v. Bismarck

personally I've been pulling for Thatcher against Oliver Cromwell (controversial & hated leaders from british history) and Bismarck against Oda Nobunaga (driving forces in the unification of their respective countries), but I'd definitely take the Iron Chancellor versus the Iron Lady

I've mentioned it before, but...

Charlie Chaplin vs Buster Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
    I've mentioned it before, but...

Charlie Chaplin vs Buster Keaton.
    I like this matchup in theory, but how do you work with fact that their defining characteristic is silence?

I love Keaton, but I think Chaplin might work for ERB in ways that he can't, since Chaplin actually did have major "talkies." I like the idea of "silent" rapping (gestures followed by disses in silent film-style title cards) but I'm not sure that gimmick could sustain an entire rap battle. It could be just one small part of a Chaplin battle, though, at the very beginning of his first verse.

Charlie Chaplin vs. Groucho Marx, maybe?

Clemi's Avatar Bon Vivant of Violet
    Blog Entries
    Charlie Chaplin vs Douglas Fairbanks would work better imo, it'd be silent actors who had to switch to spoken movies

Quote Originally Posted by themcalistershow View Post
    I like this matchup in theory, but how do you work with fact that their defining characteristic is silence?

I love Keaton, but I think Chaplin might work for ERB in ways that he can't, since Chaplin actually did have major "talkies." I like the idea of "silent" rapping (gestures followed by disses in silent film-style title cards) but I'm not sure that gimmick could sustain an entire rap battle. It could be just one small part of a Chaplin battle, though, at the very beginning of his first verse.

Charlie Chaplin vs. Groucho Marx, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemi View Post
    Charlie Chaplin vs Douglas Fairbanks would work better imo, it'd be silent actors who had to switch to spoken movies
    I envision the battle starting without the announcer, but with pianomusic and title cards for the respective rappers, which are then promptly stumbled through by the first rapper. Although both these other suggestions are cool too, I just like a good real life rivalry rap battle.